IGNORED

Jinger and Jeremy: Life with the Soccer Preacher Man

choralcrusader8613

I swear the only people who talk, think, and obsess about sex more than fundies are 14-year-olds and Reddit users.

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I swear the only people who talk, think, and obsess about sex more than fundies are 14-year-olds and Reddit users.

Finally found a use for this gif:

Spoiler

Bless_this_post.gif

26 minutes ago, choralcrusader8613 said:

Or Anna being asked (by the producer, I think) how Josh lets her know he's in the mood. For a "Christian" and "family-values-oriented" family, they talk about sex more than I do.

OMG, ewwww... especially when we're talking about Josh. When did this happen exactly? Somewhere early in 19KAC?

Just now, ScorpiousMalfoy said:

OMG, ewwww... especially when we're talking about Josh. When did this happen exactly? Somewhere early in 19AC?

No, it was the anniversary episode (JB and M's 30th and Josh and Anna's 5th), so when Marcus was a baby.

While we're on the subject - and without getting too terribly graphic - I do wonder sometimes if sex is ever fun for fundie women or if it's just a lifetime of joyfully being available/duty sex.

3 minutes ago, jerkit said:

While we're on the subject - and without getting too terribly graphic - I do wonder sometimes if sex is ever fun for fundie women or if it's just a lifetime of joyfully being available/duty sex.

I swear I'm not being rude, I'm wondering if you're actually serious with this question. Remember that not all fundies are the same. And there seem to be a lot of really weird misconceptions about fundies and sex. Anyway, I know not everyone's is (fundie or not), but I'm grateful that our sex life is fantastic. of the women in my life that I'm actually close enough to to have a good idea of how happy they are with their sex lives, I'd say it's pretty even between the fundies and the non-fundies. Some love theirs and some don't. You know?

Just now, JemimaPuddle-Duck said:

I swear I'm not being rude, I'm wondering if you're actually serious with this question. Remember that not all fundies are the same. And there seem to be a lot of really weird misconceptions about fundies and sex. Anyway, I know not everyone's is (fundie or not), but I'm grateful that our sex life is fantastic. of the women in my life that I'm actually close enough to to have a good idea of how happy they are with their sex lives, I'd say it's pretty even between the fundies and the non-fundies. Some love theirs and some don't. You know?

I am serious. Do fundie men ever focus on her pleasure? Or is it completely utilitarian? Everything I read says that her pleasure is not important.

You're probably right that's it hit or miss.

Just now, jerkit said:

I am serious. Do fundie men ever focus on her pleasure? Or is it completely utilitarian? Everything I read says that her pleasure is not important.

Of course they do! :-) What things have you read? I've never read anything like that before. And I'd seriously be interested in book titles or articles. I'm always curious where some of the fundie-sex-lore comes from. 

1 minute ago, jerkit said:

I know that Ed Wheat book that JB gave to Josh was supposed to help him, in Anna's words "learn how to cherish a lady". So there's at least lip service to it in some fundie circles.

Just now, JemimaPuddle-Duck said:

Of course they do! :-) What things have you read? I've never read anything like that before. And I'd seriously be interested in book titles or articles. I'm always curious where some of the fundie-sex-lore comes from. 

Well,  I must admit that most of my assumptions come from Lori "10 minutes and lube" Alexander. 

Just now, choralcrusader8613 said:

I know that Ed Wheat book that JB gave to Josh was supposed to help him, in Anna's words "learn how to cherish a lady". So there's at least lip service to it in some fundie circles.

I've actually read that book and it prohibits mutual masturbation because a woman might get addicted to it (LOL). So I wonder how much good it's actually doing, ya know?

Well,  I must admit that most of my assumptions come from Lori "10 minutes and lube" Alexander. 

I've actually read that book and it prohibits mutual masturbation because a woman might get addicted to it (LOL). So I wonder how much good it's actually doing, ya know?

Ugh, Lori. I've really only read things about her through FJ, and I don't keep up. She is NOT representative of most fundie women imo. A friend posted an article from her awhile back and I told her to beware. 

Addicted to it, eh? Oy. I've not read that book. I do remember when that cabinet man's sex post was discussed here. I showed it to my husband and he had a fit. He ended up having a discussion about it with his friends, because he was so disturbed by it and wanted to make sure no one was reading that crap. 

3 minutes ago, JemimaPuddle-Duck said:

Ugh, Lori. I've really only read things about her through FJ, and I don't keep up. She is NOT representative of most fundie women imo. A friend posted an article from her awhile back and I told her to beware. 

Addicted to it, eh? Oy. I've not read that book. I do remember when that cabinet man's sex post was discussed here. I showed it to my husband and he had a fit. He ended up having a discussion about it with his friends, because he was so disturbed by it and wanted to make sure no one was reading that crap. 

And just to expand on the "addiction" thing: he said that orgasm via penetrative intercourse was THE holy and God-ordained way for a woman to have an orgasm and that if you engaged in mutual masturbation, the woman would get "addicted" to having an orgasm that way and it would be hopeless. It was very weird. 

15 minutes ago, jerkit said:

And just to expand on the "addiction" thing: he said that orgasm via penetrative intercourse was THE holy and God-ordained way for a woman to have an orgasm and that if you engaged in mutual masturbation, the woman would get "addicted" to having an orgasm that way and it would be hopeless. It was very weird. 

I thought the Ed Wheat book (Intended for Pleasure, right?) stated that sex should also be pleasurable for the wife, and emphasized husbands slowing things down for their wives, particularly early on in the marriage, so that they could also enjoy themselves. 

So it may have its weird parts, but still way better than "Ten minutes and some lube while closing your eyes and thinking of new furniture" Lori. 

Just now, nausicaa said:

I thought the Ed Wheat book (Intended for Pleasure, right?) stated that sex should also be pleasurable for the wife, and emphasized husbands slowing things down for their wives, particularly early on in the marriage, so that they could also enjoy themselves. 

So, way better than "Ten minutes and some lube" Lori. 

Yes, that's partially true. But the reason he thinks husbands should slow down is that all women everywhere can orgasm via penetrative intercourse *if it lasts long enough*. So by slowing down, eventually a woman will have an orgasm. Which is just completely and totally false. Not all women can have an orgasm through intercourse only.

Fundigelical lectures and books on sex are very dedicated to the idea of vaginal orgasm as possible/optimal for everybody bar none. It ties into their paradigm of "reproductive sex is the hottest/most intimate/most godly sex and every other sex act is somehow deficient." So most of their advice about women's pleasure is for husbands to be "patient", like nausicaa said.

6 minutes ago, jerkit said:

Yes, that's partially true. But the reason he thinks husbands should slow down is that all women everywhere can orgasm via penetrative intercourse *if it lasts long enough*. So by slowing down, eventually a woman will have an orgasm. Which is just completely and totally false. Not all women can have an orgasm through intercourse only.

Fair enough. 

I guess I have a low bar here, and was thinking of Fundie men like Michael Pearl who forced his new wife to have sex multiple times on their honeymoon even after she was in pain from it. So the Ed Wheat book seemed a step up from the idea that men just throw their new sex doll on a bed and have their way with her. If the guy isn't a mindless brute, the women, especially newlyweds, might still find it pleasurable even if they aren't having orgasms. (That's not to minimize the inequality there, the women deserve to have orgasms just as much as the men do, I just don't always think of "pleasurable" and "orgasm" as synonymous.)

Just now, nausicaa said:

Fair enough. 

I guess I have a low bar here, and was thinking of Fundie men like Michael Pearl who forced his new wife to have sex multiple times on their honeymoon even after she was in pain from it. So the Ed Wheat book seemed a step up from the idea that men just throw their new sex doll on a bed and have their way with her. If the guy isn't a mindless brute, the women, especially newlyweds, might still find it pleasurable even if they aren't having orgasms. (That's not to disparage the inequality there, the women deserve to have orgasms just as much as the men do, I just don't always think of "pleasurable" and "orgasm" as synonymous.)

Totally agree - compared to admitted rapist Michael Pearl, Ed Wheat is a dream boat LOL. 

Totally agree - compared to admitted rapist Michael Pearl, Ed Wheat is a dream boat LOL. 

That can be the blurb for the next revision of Intended for Pleasure:

"Dr. Ed Wheat--better than an admitted rapist!" :pb_lol:

Just now, nausicaa said:

That can be the blurb for the next revision of Intended for Pleasure:

"Dr. Ed Wheat--better than an admitted rapist!" :pb_lol:

You're welcome, Ed! *hairflip*

5 minutes ago, jerkit said:

Most women can't from straight up intercourse. I think it's really sad that so many women (and their partners) must think there's something wrong with them, or that they are 'less than' if they can't reach orgasm by penetration.

There are ways of increasing the odds. The internet is full of suggestions, too.

1 minute ago, Lizzybet said:

Most women can't from straight up intercourse. I think it's really sad that so many women (and their partners) must think there's something wrong with them, or that they are 'less than' if they can't reach orgasm by penetration.

There are ways of increasing the odds. The internet is full of suggestions, too.

manual transmission vs an automatic one!

So is clitoral stimulation allowed if penetrative sex still takes place, or... does that still lead to women getting addicted to the wrong kind of orgasm... ? :kitty-shifty:

Just now, singsingsing said:

So is clitoral stimulation allowed if penetrative sex still takes place, or... does that still lead to women getting addicted to the wrong kind of orgasm... ? :kitty-shifty:

Ed Wheat thinks that the only kind of godly orgasm comes from intercourse.

32 minutes ago, jerkit said:

Geez, I wonder how much firsthand sexual experience Dr.Wheat has, lol. 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived