IGNORED

Jinger and Jeremy: Life with the Soccer Preacher Man

choralcrusader8613

8 hours ago, Hokey Pokey said:

NO WAY!:wtsf:

Yep! It was Virginia in 1999/2000, and it was awesome.

It was part of our sex ed (which, though it emphasized abstinence, wasn't too terrible--it did cover birth control). Two big burly cops went over drug laws and then reviewed sex laws, beginning with the age of consent. The best part was we had a Mormon kid who had been homeschooled until tenth grade in the class and he raises his hand while they're listing all the prohibited acts and asks, "What's oral sex? Like talking about sex on the phone and stuff?" Picture how much a bunch of bratty fifteen and sixteen year olds were dying after that. 

The cop looked super uncomfortable and mumbled about mouths and genitalia. I wish I'd had the nerve to raise my hand and ask the fifty year old presenter, "So you've never gotten a blow job ever, in your whole life?" Oh, to do life over again...

If anything, the whole speech just undermined law enforcement in our teenage eyes and made them look like dishonest jokes since we all knew by then that the vast majority of adults engaged in premarital and oral sex, including teachers, parents, and cops.

NOTE: Just looked it up, and Virginia repealed all sodomy laws in 2014. Whew. 

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2 mars 2017 at 5:34 PM, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I wonder about this and for all we know Jeremy and Jinger met on a mission trip and he fell for her very quickly. It does happen. While he may not be a gothardite he is a conservative christian, and he did have to play boobs game but perhaps he did so because he really did like her. IF it is true that they met on a mission trip and then he cozied up to the Ben so he could get a meeting with boob. and that was how he was going to get her. I believe that, I don't think it was to "save her from fundydum" it was just to marry her and move her into a different kind of fundydum, but they both seem pretty happy about it so good for them.

Oooh, please let's make "playing the boobie game" a post count title! :pb_lol:

On 3/6/2017 at 3:30 PM, choralcrusader8613 said:

I know that Ed Wheat book that JB gave to Josh was supposed to help him, in Anna's words "learn how to cherish a lady". So there's at least lip service to it in some fundie circles.

Actually, I think that "lip service" may be strictly forbidden.

Not exactly sure y the quote option kept giving me a quote from like a week ago, But anyway @allthegoodnamesrgone I sort of agree with this. I thInk Jermey may have had his eye on Jinge for awhile but I remember maybe she was getting to know Lawson , So he may have made sure he was on that mission trip back in December to really woo her into changing her mind about Lawson & of course she did. Me thinks they genuinely have sparks. Just like Austin and Joy. Those 2 have been plotting their getaway for years. 

32 minutes ago, AlternativeVoice said:

Just like Austin and Joy. Those 2 have been plotting their getaway for years. 

Huh?  Their getaway from what, Fundietown to Fundiertown? Have you watched them? Austin's not getting away from anything anytime soon. He's got kool-aid coming out of his eyeballs.

On 2017-03-03 at 1:04 AM, Incognito22 said:

Not the only thing she'd jump.  She's got it bad for him!

Sorry for the long post with all the quotes. But you guys got so far ahead of me and talked about so many things I want to say stuff about. :)

The woman that runs the blog is married. She has a blog about her married life as well. She runs the Duggar blog and a Bates blog together with her mum. 

On 2017-03-03 at 7:37 PM, HereticHick said:

I remember trying to hide the feminine products in my shopping basket & being embarrassed at checkout. Now I'm older and don't give a d**n. One of the blessings of aging!

I don't remember ever being embarrased but I probably was as a teenager. A few months ago one of the chains of drugstores were changing the packaging on their pads and tampons and the old kind was half off. I cleaned them out. Bought like 20 packs of pads and several big bags of tampons. The guy at the counter didn't bat an eyelid. 

I think I might have even told him what a great deal it was. And how I would need it anyway so might as well get a bargain. :pb_lol:

On 2017-03-03 at 9:17 PM, kmary1 said:

One time I was in a discount home products store, buying a fairly expensive piece of cookware at a great price (compared to what you can find online or at that brand's outlet store). I was getting it like 50% off the full price so I was all excited about this great deal. Then the cashier checking out said, "Wow, you realize this one pot is $XXX? I could never afford that, I work three jobs to support my kids while my husband is out of work!!" Like wow, thanks for making me feel like total sh*t spending my money on one nice thing for myself that I've wanted forever and finally found it at a relatively good price.

That's horrible. I wonder what her emplyer would think about her talking like that about their products and her salary? 

You should never have to feel bad about doing something nice for yourself! I bought a pretty expensive mini wok when I was a student and I loved it. So much so that I still miss it several times a week.

It broke so we had to throw it out but it served me extremly well for 15 years. So that's pretty cheap if you count per cook.

On 2017-03-04 at 3:50 AM, Jiraffe said:

They decided to search my bag, which was fine. I was going for a bit of a longer trip so my backpack was quite full. The youngish male border guard opened it, reached in, and yanked out my notebook...and with it, a pair of underwear flopped onto the desk and a pad sailed through the air in a perfect arc, right past his face, landing on the floor behind the desk. 

Reminds me of my backpacking days, when I was both a horrible packer and a bit of a shopoholic. We were crossing the border between Cambodia and Thailand and I was picked to have my bag (that I had bearly been able to close) searched. 

I opened it up to the mess of underware and pads and clothes and souvenirs and everything I owned just puzzeled together to completly fill the bag. I looked at the guard with my saddest ”do you understand how long this will take” face. 

He looked down. Laughed. And told me to close it again. I guess he did understand. 

On 3/6/2017 at 1:57 AM, KnittingOwl said:

That makes sense. I grew up in Wisconsin in a German family (on both sides).  It's the norm to go out to lunch - often in the hall of a bar or a church - and drink after the funeral. 

My moms family is in WI too, every Friday night at the fish fry  drinks and fish or what ever is for dinner.   Drinking is a different game up north got to keep warm in that frozen tundra. 

Our church serves food and wine after a funeral. We also participate in the monthly wine walk and win more times than not.

4 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Huh?  Their getaway from what, Fundietown to Fundiertown? Have you watched them? Austin's not getting away from anything anytime soon. He's got kool-aid coming out of his eyeballs.

Both I think. I see them both being into each other but very uncomfortable with everything that is going on around them. I don't think they will go left at all but something is there with this couple that makes me think they won't follow in their parents footsteps. 

On 3/2/2017 at 1:04 PM, justmy2cents said:

Yes. The young woman who runs the 19kidsandcounting blog (not sure of actual name) has met them a few times and has a massive crush on Joe. Given the opportunity she would probably jump at the chance. 

On 3/2/2017 at 7:04 PM, Incognito22 said:

Not the only thing she'd jump.  She's got it bad for him!

Quoted from @Iamtheway

The woman that runs the blog is married. She has a blog about her married life as well. She runs the Duggar blog and a Bates blog together with her mum.

I was referring to this tumbler:  http://19kidsandloving.tumblr.com/ which is run by a young fan, not the married woman who runs the fan blog.  Just wanted to clear that up.

Ellie is happily married, although she wasn't married when she and her mother started the Duggar Family Blog (often confused by leghumpers as an authentic Duggar entity).

11 hours ago, nausicaa said:

Yep! It was Virginia in 1999/2000, and it was awesome.

It was part of our sex ed (which, though it emphasized abstinence, wasn't too terrible--it did cover birth control). Two big burly cops went over drug laws and then reviewed sex laws, beginning with the age of consent. The best part was we had a Mormon kid who had been homeschooled until tenth grade in the class and he raises his hand while they're listing all the prohibited acts and asks, "What's oral sex? Like talking about sex on the phone and stuff?" Picture how much a bunch of bratty fifteen and sixteen year olds were dying after that. 

The cop looked super uncomfortable and mumbled about mouths and genitalia. I wish I'd had the nerve to raise my hand and ask the fifty year old presenter, "So you've never gotten a blow job ever, in your whole life?" Oh, to do life over again...

If anything, the whole speech just undermined law enforcement in our teenage eyes and made them look like dishonest jokes since we all knew by then that the vast majority of adults engaged in premarital and oral sex, including teachers, parents, and cops.

NOTE: Just looked it up, and Virginia repealed all sodomy laws in 2014. Whew. 

Well damn. I lived in VA from 1999-2003 and definitely broke *that* law.:laughing-rollingred::laughing-rollingred::laughing-rollingred: Wonder if there is a warrant out for my arrest? Maybe they will take pity on me since it was with my headship.

On 6 mars 2017 at 11:12 PM, jerkit said:

Ed Wheat thinks that the only kind of godly orgasm comes from intercourse.

And unfortunately he's not alone...

Sigmund Freud was the one who - without having any research to back it up - stated that vaginal orgasm is the only right kind for women. Clitoral orgasm was for little girls, it's immature, a sign that she hasn't grown up, that something's wrong with her etc. :my_angry:  Cutting, putting acid on or removing the clit was used by male doctors to "cure" anything from independent mind to headaches or depression.

This was the in end of the 19th century and this "science" spread over the western world; (male) doctors either forgot about the clit or didn't think it was useful for anything, and seriously debated whether or not a woman can have any pleasure from sex and whether she's able to orgasm! Which any 16th century midwife could've told them (medieval midwife guidebooks generally knew much more about female anotomy than 19-20th century (cis) male doctors...)

7 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

Quoted from @Iamtheway

I was referring to this tumbler:  http://19kidsandloving.tumblr.com/ which is run by a young fan, not the married woman who runs the fan blog.  Just wanted to clear that up.

Wow, I had missed that one. After looking through it I agree with your initial statement 100%. :)

Oh God, Sigmund Freud. Let's just say I'm not a fan.

On the flip side, male doctors used to use what were basically vibrators to induce orgasms in their female patients to cure hysteria. This was during the Victorian era. Yes, I am serious. So I don't know if they hadn't read Freud, or if he hadn't come on the scene yet or what.

This method of curing 'hysteria' went back to at least the Middle Ages, by the way. Masturbation was a legit medical treatment, but it was done by the woman herself, or another woman like a midwife. How much attention medieval men paid to their wives' and lovers' sexual pleasure, I'm honestly not sure, but women were stereotyped as being very sexual and always wanting sex. It was also thought that a woman couldn't get pregnant unless she enjoyed herself. So if you've ever wondered where these wacky Republicans get their 'legitimate rape' talking points, look no further than the 13th century.

13 hours ago, AlternativeVoice said:

Both I think. I see them both being into each other but very uncomfortable with everything that is going on around them. I don't think they will go left at all but something is there with this couple that makes me think they won't follow in their parents footsteps. 

I hope you are right, but only time will tell if they go mainstream conservative christian or even fundi Light.  But I'm not holding my breath, I have a sinking feeling these two will be the worst of them all.

6 hours ago, singsingsing said:

On the flip side, male doctors used to use what were basically vibrators to induce orgasms in their female patients to cure hysteria. This was during the Victorian era. Yes, I am serious. So I don't know if they hadn't read Freud, or if he hadn't come on the scene yet or what.

This method of curing 'hysteria' went back to at least the Middle Ages, by the way. Masturbation was a legit medical treatment, but it was done by the woman herself, or another woman like a midwife. How much attention medieval men paid to their wives' and lovers' sexual pleasure, I'm honestly not sure, but women were stereotyped as being very sexual and always wanting sex. It was also thought that a woman couldn't get pregnant unless she enjoyed herself. So if you've ever wondered where these wacky Republicans get their 'legitimate rape' talking points, look no further than the 13th century.

I think Freud had not come on the scene yet, but I could be wrong.  Freud flourished from the 1880s on.  He died in 1939. 

7 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Oh yes, the uptight Victorians, the standard to which all Christian based cults seem to derive their rules  from. From the large "manipulator" created to get women off quicker to the veritable variety of dongs, vibrators, rabbits,  bullets etc. all there for our own mutual masturbation, or more likely solo trysts. 

Umm...not trying to start stuff, but I just saw a video of  Jinger giving a congrats to J & K. Her face looks fuller! How many weeks/months has it been?? Guess you all know what that "might" mean. Video is on, Keeping Up With Fundies, site.

11 minutes ago, Tangy Bee said:

Umm...not trying to start stuff, but I just saw a video of  Jinger giving a congrats to J & K. Her face looks fuller! How many weeks/months has it been?? Guess you all know what that "might" mean. Video is on, Keeping Up With Fundies, site.

I think it's her hairdo and the angle. 

10 minutes ago, Tangy Bee said:

Holy cow, her face looks really full! Not in a bad way, she's lovely, but it does look fuller than usual to me. It's going to get hard for them to stagger pregnancy/courtship/engagement/marriage/birth announcements to give everyone their own time in the spotlight!

I'm still trying to figure out what's up with the Christmas bow and lights at the Vuolo abode. 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived