IGNORED

United States Governors

Cartmann99

Ask, and you shall receive, @GreyhoundFan!

afraid.gif.a4fef1816de1b09b922af97676769101.gif

Having said that, I'd rather give you this:

:hug4:

Keep your hopes up, and please, stop nail-biting. That will only hurt your poor fingers after all, and you need them to type your snarky stuff here on FJ!  :my_biggrin:

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

I have this hope the people from Charlottesville had a good wake up call and voted blue.  Of course it could go the other way, and all the sick racists remember as well and vote en mass. @GreyhoundFan, from your option did Northrom figure out how to connect wit People of Color? Clinton was so fucking tone deaf and I fear  our side will never learn the lesson from  her.

CVille is already largely blue, but last I saw, voter turnout has been very low there today.

https://www.facebook.com/CvilleVotes/

The turnout in my precinct has been high for a non-presidential year. I also took a friend who is mobility-impaired to vote in her precinct, and the chief there told me the turnout has been very high. It's raining hard, which I hope won't keep some people home. Oh, unless they are Gillespie voters, then they can stay home. :my_biggrin:

In the meantime, I stopped at my favorite bakery and purchased some homemade pop-tarts, which were hot out of the oven! Warm baked goods can cheer most of us up.

• Upvote 7

6 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

In the meantime, I stopped at my favorite bakery and purchased some homemade pop-tarts, which were hot out of the oven! Warm baked goods can cheer most of us up.

I really don't like sugary food or baked goods at all. I know how odd that is. BUT, homemade pop-tarts are the best. I always make them for Christmas morning breakfast.

A year ago this night I plowed through an entire jar or crappy store brand queso dip and bag of unremarkable corn chips watching the returns. I ended up in a ball on the floor unable to stop shaking and crying.  Please please please Rufus let it be better news in Virginia and New Jersey.

• Upvote 9

@onekidanddone  -- it's changing every couple minutes. Here's the actual election site, if you are interested.

edited to add -- only 7% of Fairfax County has reported thus far, and Northam is expected to do well here. Loudoun has gone for Northam, with 98% of the precincts reporting.

Edited by GreyhoundFan
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, GreyhoundFan said:

@onekidanddone  -- it's changing every couple minutes. Here's the actual election site, if you are interested.

Thanks.  I was watching the WTOP site.  I should go read my nice novel in the living room but my darling husband is doing his ham radio stuff in there. I do love my family, but there is something to be said for living alone.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

@GreyhoundFan.  Has Virginia ever split the ticket with Governor and Lt. Governor? 

Yes, I'm trying to remember the last time. I sincerely hope we get a Dem sweep. Jill Vogel is no great shakes.

Edited to add: When Tim Kaine was Governor, Bill Bolling, a Rep, was Lt. Governor, so the last time was in 2005.

Edited by GreyhoundFan
  • Thank You 1

New Jersey: Two counties (townships?) reporting with the Rethuglican ahead and the NYT has declared the Democrat the winner. :huh:

• I Agree 1

CNN, the WaPo, MSNBC, and the AP are calling Virginia for Northam with 75% of the vote counted. It also looks like the Dems have picked up a bunch of State Rep seats.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

47 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

edited to add -- only 7% of Fairfax County has reported thus far, and Northam is expected to do well here. Loudoun has gone for Northam, with 98% of the precincts reporting.

I keep forgetting how big Loudoun is. Husband's cousin lives there in a rural God-Guns-Gays area. The cousin is a Christian-Democrat-Gun owner. Yes, they exist.

6 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

CNN, the WaPo, MSNBC, and the AP are calling Virginia for Northam with 75% of the vote counted. It also looks like the Dems have picked up a bunch of State Rep seats.

@Destiny   and other mods.. we need a Snoopy dance reaction emoji thing  for just this kind of occasion. :my_smile:

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1

It looks like Danica Roem is going to win the 13th District, defeating that scum Marshall (Virginia's own bathroom bill dude). Danica will be the first transgender person elected in Virginia. I'm so glad to get Marshall out.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

Color me unsurprised, the TT is already blaming Gillespie for losing:

20171107_cnn1.PNG

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 5

I'm in tears now, for the exact opposite reason of 52 weeks ago. This election, and more like it are exactly what we need. To use a baseball analogy, the Democrats have been like a team constantly losing their minor league players, the stars of tomorrow, because of their losses over the past 8 years, which has given more Republicans more experience and more name recognition. You can't have a good major league team (Congressmen and women and President) if you trade away most of your promising minor leaguers (like city, county, and state office holders).

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

21 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

20171107_cnn1.PNG

Four out of four? Didn't you say the Dems picked up some seats?

ETA: A quick scan of the General Assembly and it seems some returns are only a hand full of votes apart.  @GreyhoundFan why are there so many house seats where the  Dems didn't even bother to contest?  Yea, I know the chance of a Democrat wining in places are slim to none, but shit why go down with out even a fight?

Edited by onekidanddone
  • Upvote 3

@onekidanddone -- the four out of four referenced by the TT were US Congress (I believe), not Va GA. As far as the GA, I agree that there were too many uncontested races, but there are quite a few of long-entrenched Rep seats that have flipped to Dem. The Repugs had a 2-1 advantage in the 100-seat GA, so even picking up 10 won't put the Dems in the majority, but it helps. I believe a good number of the uncontested seats were in heavily gerrymandered districts. The one I'm just dancing about is Danica Roem, but there are a couple of other good pick ups.

Edited by GreyhoundFan
  • Upvote 6
  • Love 1

@onekidanddone  -- Looking at the Virginia numbers, which are still coming in, it appears the Dems are picking up eight seats, with five more still too close to call, but the Dem ahead. If they can pick up 12 seats, it will help with the 30 out of 100 seat advantage the Repugs have had.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

44 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

20171107_cnn1.PNG

And as always, Fuck Face makes it about him.

So I have no qualms at all about saying fuck you to fuck face. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 6

Calling in from NJ to say WOOHOO! Got out and voted today with my mother, all this rain wasn't stopping us! Voted Democrat all across the ticket and glad to hear Murphy has done it. The news coming out of VA is fantastic too!

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 2

One of the House seats Agent Orange mentioned is Chaffetz' old seat. It appears the Rep is going to win. Not a big surprise in Utah.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

One of the House seats Agent Orange mentioned is Chaffetz' old seat. It appears the Rep is going to win. Not a big surprise in Utah.

Chapped Ass's supporters would vote for Satan, Adolf Hiter, Pol Pot, Caligula, Nero, and Commodus if they ran as Republicans - even in the primaries. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic