IGNORED

The Botkinettes have surfaced and they're giving relationship advice again!

Marian the Librarian

On 3/1/2018 at 8:29 AM, nelliebelle1197 said:

Nadia is quite attractive and I think her nose is one of her best features.

It is unfortunate that the photo is very unflattering.

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some interesting clues to the state of things at Chez Botkin in Middle TN, excerpted from (no surprise) a gun rights discussion on David Botkin's FB page (bolding mine):

Bill Evans: David, I know that you are all about localism. (By the way I had breakfast with Jim Yarborough this morning in Dallas, Tx.) Your challenge is that y’all are not perceived as one of the locals… Yet. Hope your Dad is experiencing relief from time to time, And finding God’s grace more than sufficient. We don’t hear much from y’all at Christ the King. Guess that means y’all busy working, and don’t have time to talk much.

David Botkin: Bill Evans, Dad is actually doing great - thanks for asking. And yes, the last couple months have been hectic - especially the last one. Oh, we've been getting to know a lot of locals in the last month - and we've been on the front page of the local paper twice (very positive coverage). Long story. Has to do with our range and people not liking us wanting to build a new shop. But we've made a lot of friends in the process.

Bill Evans: Your challenge is that y’all are not perceived as one of the locals…

David Botkin: Oh, we've been getting to know a lot of locals in the last month - and we've been on the front page of the local paper twice (very positive coverage). Long story. Has to do with our range and people not liking us wanting to build a new shop.

*Pulls out dog-eared copy of 200-year plan. Makes margin note on page 57: " When moving to new place to establish family kingdom, get to know locals."*

In which David Botkin, with his stellar SOTDRT education, does an exegesis of the 2nd amendment, finding, among other things, that the Founding Fathers TOTALLY meant to include assault weapons and body armor:

4 hours ago, Marian the Librarian said:

Some interesting clues to the state of things at Chez Botkin in Middle TN, excerpted from (no surprise) a gun rights discussion on David Botkin's FB page (bolding mine):

Haven’t they been  in Tennessee for 4 or 5 years now? Clearly they’re doing great work discipling their neighborhood. 

3 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

In which David Botkin, with his stellar SOTDRT education, does an exegesis of the 2nd amendment, finding, among other things, that the Founding Fathers TOTALLY meant to include assault weapons and body armor:

Well of course.  I mean, they TOTALLY did.  They had time machines and everything, so they not only could accurately evaluate the dangers of assault weapons to civilian society, they were FULLY aware of all the damage that assault weapons would do to communities and included the 2nd Amendment anyway.  That's exactly what happened, and we shouldn't question their judgement because they were definitely demi-gods and not just a bunch of very smart privileged dudes from the colonies who occasionally made asinine decisions just like everyone else. 

I mean, Bobby Lee made several EXTREMELY costly blunders in the Civil War due to not fully understanding and appreciating the advances in weapon technology by 1860, but the Founding Fathers TOTALLY understood modern weapons in 2018 and TOTALLY meant to protect their ownership.

6 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

Well, duh...  they wanted us to be able to have our own surface to air missiles, grenade launchers, tanks, and personal nuclear arsenals, too.  And we would, too, if not for all those damned liberals!

5 hours ago, Columbia said:

Haven’t they been  in Tennessee for 4 or 5 years now?

Longer than that -- Nadia & David were married there nearly 7 years ago, in May 2011. 

I have a sense that the Botkins feel anointed by God to spread their beliefs crap; therefore, whatever they say is divinely inspired.  I might get to a point where I can read David's post on the 2nd amendment, but not today.  That said, it's important to understand this way of thinking, because many millions of people in our country think this way.  To my mind, I'm pretty sure they don't understand the essence of Christ at all, and I'm an atheist! 

• 4 weeks later...

Behold, Lucas Bodkin or whoever runs the T Rex Arms IG seems to be as enlightened as the rest of the family...

lbodkin.jpg

Behold, Lucas Bodkin or whoever runs the T Rex Arms IG seems to be as enlightened as the rest of the family...
lbodkin.thumb.jpg.927b26e816c1e1d89ce02c017ebb8609.jpg
Well, isn't that ignorant?

Lucas, no one wants to take advice from someone who thinks "T Rex Arms" is a good business name for anything other than novelty grabby sticks, and then doubled down on that poor judgement by making their instagram handle "LucasTRexArms".  You sound like you have actual t-rex arms, bro, so I actually can't listen to your ignorance because I'm still stuck trying to figure out how you figured out how to work instagram.  

My face when bigoted homophobic assholes express their tiny little thoughts:

rdj eyeroll.jpg

I'm a bit surprised. Not because I believed they weren't homophobes, but Geoff has always worked so hard at coating all of their output with a certain "sophisticated" veneer that swears and slurs seem to go against.

And considering his precious son can't even spell "effeminate" correctly, I'm casting some side eye on those elite, New Zealand ruling educations he supposedly gave his progeny.

And calling another human being a "thing"? Wow, how Christian of you, Lucas. 

1 hour ago, mydoggoskeeper said:

lbodkin.jpg

Well, that certainly rips the bandaid off the ulcerating sore that is the intellectual heritage of Geoff's Western Conservatory. 

I found this interview with Lucas on an active and retired military side called The Loadout Room.  The Man Behind T.REX ARMS | Lucas Botkin   Lucas is obviously a graduate of the "wide stance, airing it out" school. 

The first comment?  "Turns out this kid is a giant homophobe. Wouldn't do business with someone calling people "fags" on instagram in 2017." 

20 minutes ago, Howl said:

I found this interview with Lucas on an active and retired military side called The Loadout Room. 

"Once I went public about who I was I obviously had a lot of confrontation and public online criticism."

Oh, you ain't seen nothin' yet. 

Nope. Nothing gay going on here, boys! I swear my camera just naturally tilts down to the crotch in every single photo, it's definitely not on purpose! What, guns can be seen as phallic symbols? Is there something weird about obsessively caressing them?

Screenshot_20180328-211436.png

Spoiler

Screenshot_20180328-214412.png

Screenshot_20180328-214436.png

Screenshot_20180328-214217.png

Screenshot_20180328-214508.png

Screenshot_20180328-214237.png

"What? The closet? No, no... This is my "gun safe"...I have to come in here, for, ummm... work."

Note to Lucas: when trying to look like a badass, don't pose with firearms wider than your actual arms.

I didn't try to screen grab the entire photo, just the money shot, with 

• wide stance
  • crotch strap
  • large phallic weapon

Some gay men, depending on their preferences, might find this hypermasculinity to be arousing. 

Screenshot 2018-03-29 at 6.02.15 AM.png

It somehow doesn't surprise me that Lucas has conflated hypermasculinity and asshole-ery with being, well, just a man.  I'm not sure if Jesus is having a WTAF moment, facepalming or crying in the communion wine.

And Lucas talking about being a "protector"?  Oh, puleeeze. 

5 hours ago, AnnaSofia said:

"What? The closet? No, no... This is my "gun safe"...I have to come in here, for, ummm... work."

The laddie doth protest too much, methinks.

'Scuse my ignorance, but what function does that thigh strap thing have - other than to draw attention to the groin.

Archived