IGNORED

The Botkinettes have surfaced and they're giving relationship advice again!

Marian the Librarian

5 minutes ago, Hane said:

the congregation sat on flimsy folding chairs beneath them.

And weren't they having to sit through an interminable death sermon as well?

Because of course talking about death for an hour or two is the best way to celebrate a wedding!

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Hane said:

I’ll never forget one of his sons’ weddings, when he and his family were sitting on comfy upholstered chairs on a stage, while the congregation sat on flimsy folding chairs beneath them.

That was David's wedding, held in an unheated horse riding ring. It was an unseasonably cold Spring day, so the guests froze while the Botkins bloviated at length (a wedding is a "teaching opportunity," y'know). 

2 hours ago, Marian the Librarian said:

(a wedding is a "teaching opportunity," y'know). 

Yes, a blogger who was there actually wrote, "Teaching began at..." 

I mean, between Geoff's "teaching" and all the menz on the stage tapping on their laptops while completely ignoring the audienceguests, what a day for romance, huh? 

I always had it in the back of my mind that Nadia Botkin's brother might be husband material for one of the Botkinettes.

T-Rex arms.  They had small arms, so I get the word play.  However, men who walk around flaunting their small arms, come off like they are compensating for their small third arm.
Agreed. Though using the name T-Rex and the Dino logo make them seem a little more mainstream.

I may have missed it, but none of these newspaper articles have mentioned Western Conservatory. Not even in passing when mentioning Geoff (“Jeffery Bodkin, owner of Western Conservatory, said...” I’d think that as their culture changing arm they’d want that made public as much as possible. Unless they’re completely ditching WC for a more lucrative enterprise. It’s hard to make money when you’re not releasing any new products or mp3s of talks. 

I may have missed it, but none of these newspaper articles have mentioned Western Conservatory. Not even in passing when mentioning Geoff (“Jeffery Bodkin, owner of Western Conservatory, said...” I’d think that as their culture changing arm they’d want that made public as much as possible. Unless they’re completely ditching WC for a more lucrative enterprise. It’s hard to make money when you’re not releasing any new products or mp3s of talks. 
I think Pa Botkin is old and doesn't have the influence he once had over his sons. Isaac is now the family leader.

The sons are now married with children. There is no money to be made romping around the world being "manly men" and "composers".

Their dominionist world view hasn't changed. But someone had to be the adult in the clan and figure out a sustainable business plan with a reliable cash flow.

The entire wedding-as-teaching saga can still be found on the Botkinsisters.com blog, posted under May 2011. Fix yourself a bowl of popcorn, pour yourself a drink, and prepare to be entertained!

The entire wedding-as-teaching saga can still be found on the Botkinsisters.com blog, posted under May 2011. Fix yourself a bowl of popcorn, pour yourself a drink, and prepare to be entertained!
Should I get some Fireball and a shot glass?

1 hour ago, Marian the Librarian said:

Fix yourself a bowl of popcorn, pour yourself a drink, and prepare to be entertained!

I'd think the whole thing would require dropping a massive hit of acid with an ecstasy chaser.  Unless there was a drinking game combined with pot smoking.   That might work better. 

David’s main goal (aside from getting married) was to use the day as an opportunity to teach, encourage, and exhort the attendees. 

Well that sounds like a blast to attend.

Why exactly are they sitting up on the stage with laptops? 

I so wish a local would ask Geoff to tell tales of his days as a duck biologist. 

Almost seven years later, I still can't understand the tiny, pointless modesty panel over one upper boobage area but not the other. WTF? Why even...? 

dnwimg_4791_final.jpg

17 minutes ago, DomWackTroll said:

Almost seven years later, I still can't understand the tiny, pointless modesty panel over one upper boobage area but not the other. WTF? Why even...? 

dnwimg_4791_final.jpg

Yes, I will be patient and wait as long as necessary for a proper explanation for this dress. I remember how baffled we were by it at the time. Maybe she knew she would look great in anything and just enjoyed wearing a mash-up of basically every wedding dress.

1 hour ago, DomWackTroll said:

dnwimg_4791_final.jpg

This picture is very strange in so many ways. First, Nadia looks terrible. Her eyes look wonky with bags under them and her nose looks enormous. She looks much prettier in other pictures I've seen. 

And WHERE ARE ANNA SOFIA'S HANDS? Why do I see them in the reflection but nowhere else? 

I could really use a fake duck biologist to help me answer some of these questions. 

12 minutes ago, LimeKitty said:

And WHERE ARE ANNA SOFIA'S HANDS? Why do I see them in the reflection but nowhere else? 

Two fingers of her right hand are over Nadia's right shoulder, and you can see the tip of a left finger right under her collar. 

56 minutes ago, LimeKitty said:

This picture is very strange in so many ways. First, Nadia looks terrible. Her eyes look wonky with bags under them and her nose looks enormous. She looks much prettier in other pictures I've seen. 

I could really use a fake duck biologist to help me answer some of these questions. 

That's incredibly rude.

10 hours ago, Marian the Librarian said:

Oh damn. I have so much stuff to do for my classes. But the blog goes back until 2006. I'd LOVE to read through it.. 

7 hours ago, LimeKitty said:

Did Priss Chris Maxwell have anything to do with the pix??

12 hours ago, AnnaSofia said:

I can't get over the bio written in the third person. What a douchecanoe.

The smug and the pomposity just oozes out of that bio doesn't it? All of them have convinced themselves that they're better than everybody else, and they only condescend to acknowledge the rest of us. A dose of humility would be the best thing for that whole family.

• 3 weeks later...

In case anyone was in doubt over what T.Rex Arms had to say about the Parkland murders on Feb 14th:

Do scroll through the comments, though - there's some pushback on the bullshit.

That hot mess Nadia wedding was perhaps the first fundie wedding I experienced in real time. It was very shortly before my own wedding and I was WTFing it every step of the way. 

On 2/8/2018 at 8:19 PM, LimeKitty said:

Nadia is quite attractive and I think her nose is one of her best features.

Be prepared to be violent? They don't sound like people who need access to guns because you know they are just waiting to shoot someone in the name of being a hero. 

Archived