IGNORED

The Botkinettes have surfaced and they're giving relationship advice again!

Marian the Librarian

Just please no DW Cinematographer bare chest. Ain't enough brain bleach in the universe for that !

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, ladyamylynn said:

Holy fuck, it might just be the 100% legal in my state cannabis, but this gave me a serious giggle.

Trust me, it ain't the cannabis. That's quite the vision!

Confession: I ordered Return of the Daughters off of the interweb....used copy so I felt less guilty. Watched it last night.  Just when you think you can't be any more shocked by these folks...I spent the entire hour (glass of wine in hand which made me smile to myself!) with my mouth hanging open. I just....I have no words. Crazy to watch the Torres and Bradrick family sections now. I really had to fight off smug satisfaction when I listened to Doug Phillips' and Scott Brown's holier than-though- commentary. I hate myself for watching it but it was worth it.

Interesting fact: When women (clearly not of their cult faith) appear in the video with sleeveless or "low" cut clothing, their bodies are pixelated. Made me guffaw.

2 hours ago, Jugs MacGee-Duggar said:

Interesting fact: When women (clearly not of their cult faith) appear in the video with sleeveless or "low" cut clothing, their bodies are pixelated. Made me guffaw.

Oh, I had forgotten about that! Thanks for the picker-upper!!

Is there a male Botkin who makes movies? Stuck visiting fundie inlaws and they were watching a movie about Polycarp and I saw a Botkin in the main producer section. 

1 hour ago, EowynW said:

Is there a male Botkin who makes movies? Stuck visiting fundie inlaws and they were watching a movie about Polycarp and I saw a Botkin in the main producer section. 

Ben Botkin wrote the music for "Polycarp."

• 5 months later...

Hello, everybody, and Free Jana!

The link here is from February but I just became aware of it and didn’t find it anywhere else on FJ  Of course if it’s a duplicate I’ll understand if this topic is nuked.

Long essay short, The Sisters Botkin now write: “Dear SAHD, if it doesn’t look like Prince Charming is in your future, don’t despair, don’t regret your years lived in training to be a helpmeet, just keep on keeping on and oh, by the way, work even harder and now more ways for the patriarchy.”

....Sometimes I wish Big Daddy and Big Mama JB had raised me a little differently; then I read something like this and thank the heavens above and the earth below that they used common-sense Christianity and 1950’s feminism to guide me toward self-sufficiency!

About that marrying plan...

Wow, only that one update this year, and none in 2016. What have they been doing with themselves? I have to wonder if there's not some depression going on there.

8 minutes ago, Talitha Cumi said:

Wow, only that one update this year, and none in 2016. What have they been doing with themselves? I have to wonder if there's not some depression going on there.

What do they have to say though?  They backed themselves into a corner with their whole SAHD "ministry", and now the only way for them to get out of that corner is to recant or admit that they were wrong.  They sold young girls and their parents a bag of goods, and now there's a lot they need to address before they can "move on" in the public arena: THEY aren't married, many of the women they held up as exemplars didn't end up with the perfect "happily ever after" the Botkins ASSURED us was waiting for them, and Vision Forum fell apart in scandal.  

They might quietly have changed and moved on with their lives.  It's possible they have learned humility and have decided no longer to "instruct" young ladies because they have come to discover how little they knew, but otherwise are happy and living fulfilling lives. 

But those women hurt A LOT of people and advocated a system that was actively being used to prey on young women.  And before they can really return to public ministry in earnest, they'll need to address the herd of elephants in the room.

I suppose there's not much else that could reasonably be written there besides that sort of post. :shrug:

I'll never understand the mentality that education/careers are a barrier to marriage. Most people can (and choose to) prioritize what's important to them in life. There's room for a job, a relationship/marriage, family, socialization, hobbies, and faith in most people's lives if they choose to budget time for them. 

I myself find comfort and reassurance in the fact that every SAHD who never leaves the protection of her father's house is an average of 10 fewer little fundie souls growing up to further the goal of a Christianist theocracy in the US.

I think A-S and E have become well and truly hoist on their own petards. Like Sarah Maxwell and the Reins sisters, they're looking at a lifetime of unpaid niece/nephew and aging parent care. 

Those two girls will never be free they have what I consider an emotional incestuous relationship with daddy botkin. No man will ever measure up to daddy and its ben fed to them to serve him. It's like with Steve Maxwell daddy will never let any other guy take his place its creepy and gross.

1 hour ago, fundiefun said:

Those two girls will never be free they have what I consider an emotional incestuous relationship with daddy botkin. No man will ever measure up to daddy and its ben fed to them to serve him. It's like with Steve Maxwell daddy will never let any other guy take his place its creepy and gross.

I've always thought it was them not wanting to leave him... but for some reason, I now wonder if it's maybe him not wanting to lose them. Here are these lovely young women who worship him (cf Voddie Baucham) and whether or not they can ever leave him is entirely under his control.

I mean, they're beautiful women. They've undoubtedly had many, many offers. And having been so brainwashed their entire lives to believe marriage was their destiny, they most likely wanted to accept at least one of these. But if there's even a bit of disagreement on one point of doctrine, boom, Daddy Geoff can say no go. Or he can just say that God told him that man was not the right one, and there's no appeal.

I guess, rereading that post, I feel like they're trying to reconcile themselves to eternal old-maidhood, and it doesn't look like they're happy with it. They're about 29 and 31 now, right? So much for the "mother of millions."

The Botkin sisters helped to inspire my user name. So smug and vapid. Endlessly bleating as experts on things they knew nothing about. I wonder if they feel stuck in the tiny little box they wanted every unmarried woman to be in. A tiny part of me wants to feel sorry for them but the larger pettier part of me just can’t.

18 hours ago, Georgiana said:

But those women hurt A LOT of people and advocated a system that was actively being used to prey on young women.  And before they can really return to public ministry in earnest, they'll need to address the herd of elephants in the room.

Nah, they'll never do that.  Because this is their shtick and the crux of the entire post:  Assisting men (fathers, husbands, brothers, prophets, fellow disciples) in supportive roles.   It's (Not That) Complicated and all of their other crap is still for sale on the Western Conservatory Web site.  I don't see a crisis of faith on the horizon for E, A-S or Geoff, so their life of cooking, cleaning, laundry, visiting the sick, "ministry" and supporting the family penis holders is pretty much it from here on out. 

As someone noted upthread, all the red flags are flying for serious emotional incest. For those new to the Botkins and extreme patriarchy in general, check out the excellent Web site botkinsyndrome.blogspot.com  and click on the What is Botkin Syndrom? tab.  This sums up all that is destructive in patriarchal beliefs. 

https://victoriaslibrary.com/

It turns out their mother has a project of her own going on now. But this is the extent of any Botkin activity for the whole year.  Except for Isaac and Heidi having another baby, the first girl since the first grand baby was born. 

The overwhelming silence from the Botkin household continues to baffle. How on earth are they going to disciple the nations and change the culture? Children’s story books? Blog posts and speeches 6 years old?

It’s hard to market yourselves as women who advocate marriage and kids for all (and staying home with Daddy until you get married) when you’re in your thirties, and have no prospects for marriage. Or have any education. Or a job beyond trying to tell “Godly” young women how to court and marry.
I think Anna Sofia and Elizabeth, like so many fundie single girls, have found it’s a hell of a lot harder to DO what they advise on.
They have no credibility. They know it, that’s why their blog isn’t updated and they’re not making appearances. Who the hell wants advice on courting and marriage from a couple of old maids??

12 minutes ago, bea said:

Who the hell wants advice on courting and marriage from a couple of old maids??

I'm surprised Sarah Mally still does speaking engagements. People do seemto want to talk And listen to her. Even though she is unmarried and her sister just broke off an engagement. 

What they need to do — and if they take this and run with it, I want royalties — is establish some kind of order for single women, preferably those without children or grandchildren. Church Of Botkin nuns, as it were. The Sisters’ (overall community, not just ASE) mission officially would be to support the menz and helpmeets in need (but only under the Bumbershoots Of Authority Of the pric—-priesthoodlums involved.

It’s worked for millennia for the Roman Catholic Church. Think about it, Pope Geoff! At least they’d have some new Books to write & shill. 

44 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

It’s worked for millennia for the Roman Catholic Church. Think about it, Pope Geoff! At least they’d have some new Books to write & shill. 

Not to mention making up some great new liturgy with cosplay to match! What's not to like? 

Another lucky IG screen capture, this one from Lucas Botkin's T-Rex Arms account. The Botkinettes have found their calling, workin' in the firearms biz! 

Capture 2.PNG

23 hours ago, December said:

I suppose there's not much else that could reasonably be written there besides that sort of post. :shrug:

I'll never understand the mentality that education/careers are a barrier to marriage. Most people can (and choose to) prioritize what's important to them in life. There's room for a job, a relationship/marriage, family, socialization, hobbies, and faith in most people's lives if they choose to budget time for them. 

In practical terms, “protecting” women from education serves the purpose of insulating them from knowing the possibilities of other choices, and also makes the more highly educated (maybe - but a lot of them don’t believe in college for sons, either) husband “superior” in yet another way to the wife.

I remember Botkins followers talking seriously about how women should be classically educated so that they could educate their children, but of course that meant a rigorous education of carefully formulated propaganda and revisionist history.

Archived