IGNORED

The Botkinettes have surfaced and they're giving relationship advice again!

Marian the Librarian

23 hours ago, December said:

I'll never understand the mentality that education/careers are a barrier to marriage. 

Plus, you might just find your partner at your school or job. It could actually *help* your relationship chances. Staying home with mommy and daddy isn't going to do that. 

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Plus, you might just find your partner at your school or job. It could actually *help* your relationship chances. Staying home with mommy and daddy isn't going to do that. 

BLASPHEMY.

You might end up talking to someone you’re romantically interested in without the Umbrella of Fatherly Authority ™.

What is ironic about these stay at home daughters still being single in their 30s is that if they got an education when they were younger and used it, it would have been worth it by now since they would have had more years of singlehood to work than spent in school. Then when Prince Charming does get dropped on the doorstep they can devote all their energy to their own Quiver and have some of their own money to their name when said Prince turns out to be an abusive tool or pedo as per usual. I know the Botkins consider themselves successful because of their book and platform, but it's got to eat at them that they profitted from a deeply flawed concept that only benefitted the girls who could write books about it because that's basically all that was allowed.  Or maybe they are that selfish and give zero fucks! 

12 hours ago, Marian the Librarian said:

Another lucky IG screen capture, this one from Lucas Botkin's T-Rex Arms account. The Botkinettes have found their calling, workin' in the firearms biz! 

Capture 2.PNG

I still can't comprehend that they named the company T Rex Arms!! I get that they were going for "powerful weapons" but the far more common meaning of the word arms makes it about the T-Rex's stubby, useless appendages. Hahaha. It's like something from a Christopher Guest mockumentary.

Also, I love this Tumblr of comics about a T-Rex's struggles with his little arms:

http://trextrying.tumblr.com/

I noticed that A-S & E are sporting the de rigueur fundy princess/royalty look for winter:  skinny jeans/jeggings/tights paired with an above-the-knee tunic/long sweater/dress/cardigan with some variation of boots or uggs.  Same look that the Phillips/Sproul ladies are wearing.  This ticks the modesty boxes of totally obscuring the crotch-al region, butt crack and hips, where sexy happens, while being very stylish.  Yes, I'm tempted to go for that look. Even a few years ago, the Pennington daughters were wearing something similar, but for summer.   Light weight fabric with an above-the-knee, shirt-dress style with light weight capri bottoms.  

Denim skirts and frumpers seem to be in the rear view mirror.  

4 hours ago, Howl said:

Denim skirts and frumpers seem to be in the rear view mirror.  

I have to admit I always kind of liked their style. Even with the longer skirts. Very classy and ladylike, although sometimes a little bit too old-fashioned IMHO. And I get serious hair envy whenever I see them.

Do the Botkins live in the Nashville area? I wonder if Crystal Paine (Biblical Womanhood/MoneySaving Mom guru) ever runs into them if they do. Back in the BW days, she once described them as "lovely girls". 

14 hours ago, starfish said:

Do the Botkins live in the Nashville area? I wonder if Crystal Paine (Biblical Womanhood/MoneySaving Mom guru) ever runs into them if they do. Back in the BW days, she once described them as "lovely girls". 

The Botkins live in Centerville, which is about an hour southwest of Nashville.

https://victoriaslibrary.com/about-victoria-botkin says David is a father of four. So, Nadia's pregnant, unless she's already had a baby I didn't know about. Did anyone else know this already? Back in March someone on the Upcoming Babies thread speculated she was pregnant based on an FB picture, but I never saw any confirmation of that.

16 hours ago, starfish said:

What do they do all day? It must irk them that they have sisters-in-law who have young children, stealing all the attention. 

Nope, nope, NOPE!  They are simply NOT allowed those emotions, because Satan.  God has ordained house cleaning, toilet scrubbing, laundry folding, cooking, nannying, and writing, and by God, that's what they are going to do and keep sweet in the process. 

On 28/11/2017 at 5:02 AM, Talitha Cumi said:

Wow, only that one update this year, and none in 2016. What have they been doing with themselves? I have to wonder if there's not some depression going on there.

They posted four updates in February, then nothing since.  The first was an announcement of the new edition (including ebook and audiobook) of It's Not that Complicated, and the second was a corresponding trailer video.  The third post is the one mentioned above, and a week after that was https://botkinsisters.com/article/when-a-brother-needs-rebuke which they say is part of the new content in the new edition of the book.  It's unclear whether the "Should I keep preparing for marriage?" post is part of the book update or an unrelated post.

Speaking of "It's Not That Complicated", Ellen Vernier (aka the girl on the cover, aka Audri Vernier Botkin's sister) popped up on Faith Phillips' instagram recently.

(On the left, she's a brunette now)

• 1 month later...

So I know there are a handful of people here who receive Western Conservatory updates. Did anyone get an end-of-the-year email update last month? I just realized I never saw one. I suppose it’s not too surprising, since last year they only sent out a picture and a Bible verse, no newsy email like they used to. It’s almost like Pa Botkin wants people to forget about Western Conservatory. 

1 hour ago, Columbia said:

So I know there are a handful of people here who receive Western Conservatory updates.

Have only received sales notices for their shite, no personal messages or photos.

7 hours ago, gustava said:

Who is the one with the black flower button on her breast?  Definitely Nike!

Doug the Tool's obviously favoured daughter, Evangeline Faith Phillips.

11 hours ago, Columbia said:

So I know there are a handful of people here who receive Western Conservatory updates. Did anyone get an end-of-the-year email update last month? I just realized I never saw one. I suppose it’s not too surprising, since last year they only sent out a picture and a Bible verse, no newsy email like they used to. It’s almost like Pa Botkin wants people to forget about Western Conservatory. 

The Western Conservatory and Botkin Sisters sites haven't been updated in months. I think the family's economic focus had shifted completely from Dominionism to firearms and accoutrements. 

Isaac and Lucas both have public IG accounts, and they're all T. Rex Arms, all the time. Lucas regularly holds court on his live IG feeds. I've watched several - they can best be described as puerile.

I remember the time I decided to be a total twunt and emailed the “Western Conservatory” to inquire about tuition and dormitory accommodations. Strangely enough, I got no response. (Who would have known that the “Conservatory” was just a website?)

1 hour ago, Hane said:

I remember the time I decided to be a total twunt and emailed the “Western Conservatory” to inquire about tuition and dormitory accommodations. Strangely enough, I got no response. (Who would have known that the “Conservatory” was just a website?)

You are my hero

On 12/1/2017 at 7:30 AM, Howl said:

Nope, nope, NOPE!  They are simply NOT allowed those emotions, because Satan.  God has ordained house cleaning, toilet scrubbing, laundry folding, cooking, nannying, and writing, and by God, that's what they are going to do and keep sweet in the process. 

And cheerfully and whole-heartedly supporting their father’s and brothers’ vision, of course!

I just checked reviews for T.Rex Arms kydex holsters and reviewers gave the product high ratings with all pluses and no  cons, so apparently it is a highly regarded product (among gun people).  Each holster is made to order, and they are in the premium price category, so it sounds as thought it is a viable, successful business. 

There's a bit of negativity on Reddit, mostly about how long they take to ship orders: https://www.reddit.com/r/CCW/comments/46xqic/question_about_trex_arms_kydex_order/

That said, it looks like Lucas has already had more business success in his early 20s than Geoff has had in his entire life, so he's got that goin' for him.

3 hours ago, teachergirl said:

I think they basically employ all of the fundies that live there...pretty sure the Courters and Verniers work there as well,

where exactly in TN do they live?

Archived