IGNORED

The Botkinettes have surfaced and they're giving relationship advice again!

Marian the Librarian

These chicks must be SO bored by now. I'm guessing they are trying to reach the next generation of fundie girls because most of the original followers have gotten married and have babies.

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Tangy Bee said:

These chicks must be SO bored by now. I'm guessing they are trying to reach the next generation of fundie girls because most of the original followers have gotten married and have babies.

Or so trapped. With some of the SAHDs, I get the feeling that they're fairly content with what they're doing. However, something about AS & E's "choice" to stay home felt like it wasn't entirely their decision.  I know @CloakNDagger mentioned possible courtships, so they may have turned away at least some possible path out of the Botkin compound. However, I don't think that necessarily means that they wanted a lifetime of behind the scenes roles in various Western Conservatory productions.

Late post but I'm pretty sure I could beat the Botkins boys senseless at vidya and vidya-in-real-life (aka their fake military maneuvers). If Resident Evil taught me anything aside from the fact that Big Pharma are working on creating bioweapons of the splice-animals-with-humans-infected-with-all-the-viruses variety RIGHT NOW it's that such a thing exists as a single-trigger triple barrel shotgun and I can use it liberally, with an accuracy of 72% or higher.

• 1 month later...
On 2/12/2017 at 3:00 PM, smittykins said:

I think Return of the Daughters has been pulled from YouTube; it didn't come up when I searched. However, I did find this:

Deliciously disturbing on so many level!

From their blog back in February:

For those of you who already bought the first edition of the book and don’t want to buy a new copy, we’ll be sharing most of the new content with you for free here over the next few weeks.

Either there are only two new sections, or else they completely forgot about this for the past few months :P

22 hours ago, CyborgKin said:

From their blog back in February:

Either there are only two new sections, or else they completely forgot about this for the past few months

It has baffled me that for all the work they put into designing a new web page, and even setting up a store on it, they don't use it at all. The Botkinettes and their parents talk a lot about how important it is for girls to have a home-based business (as opposed to going to college) so they can provide for themselves and their children if something ever goes wrong (à la Bradrick!). Whatever home-based business these two may have, their blog and online store sure ain't it. 

I'm really curious as to what they do all day.  I guess 'run the spotlights for their father and brothers' about covers it :(

2 hours ago, CyborgKin said:

I'm really curious as to what they do all day.  I guess 'run the spotlights for their father and brothers' about covers it :(

I know Goeff B. would be shocked and amazed to hear this, but penis worship only goes so far in the overall life satisfaction department.  There's probably a lot of cooking and cleaning and I suspect they run whatever needs done for Western Conservatory.  Might they do office stuff for T. Rex Arms?  

Screenshot 2017-05-20 at 6.14.24 AM.png

Helpful information from the T. Rex Arms web page on appendix carry (a-c): 

DANGER  Obviously this is the first consideration.  As you draw or holster the weapon, you’re aiming the firearm at important body parts and possibly a femoral artery. While we like to avoid flagging our body parts whenever possible, A-C can be done safely as long as we observe one of the most important principles of firearm safety: keep your finger off the bang switch till you’re ready to fire.

As long as you have high standards of trigger control and are disciplined in your training, you can safely holster and unholster your firearm without blasting yourself in the groin every morning when you put your appendix holster on.

The groin is not an adequate backstop :P

The bright side is, if the worst comes to worst, it'll function as a pretty effective birth control.

3 hours ago, Howl said:

Screenshot 2017-05-20 at 6.14.24 AM.png

There is some sort of tortured metaphor like "holding your dick at gunpoint" here, but I'm not gunna be the one to make it!

They are... not even hiding that their firearms are proxies for their junk, are they.

I bet the lot of them have tiny little todgers.

On 5/19/2017 at 9:36 PM, Columbia said:

The Botkinettes and their parents talk a lot about how important it is for girls to have a home-based business (as opposed to going to college) so they can provide for themselves and their children if something ever goes wrong (à la Bradrick!).

It's fascinating that people would see a possible benefit/need of women being able to support themselves, but still put them off of conventional, effective ways to make it possible. 

On 5/21/2017 at 0:34 AM, December said:

It's fascinating that people would see a possible benefit/need of women being able to support themselves, but still put them off of conventional, effective ways to make it possible. 

For the bolded, might I substitute the word "baffling"?

Hehe, just noticed that their It's Not That Complicated trailer on youtube has more dislikes than likes, and comments are disabled.  Can't take criticism, ladies?

Uhhh when I appendix carry it's not right there. Neither does any other gun person I know. Usually it's at the 1:30 or 2 0'clock position. That looks like straight up 12 

1 hour ago, EowynW said:

Uhhh when I appendix carry it's not right there. Neither does any other gun person I know. Usually it's at the 1:30 or 2 0'clock position. That looks like straight up 12 

I know squat about carrying guns, but the picture looks like dick carry, not appendix carry. 

Uh....I don't care how disciplined your "bang switch" finger is, your personal safety, as well as others, is utmost importance.  Never assume, idiot.  Besides that, it just isn't a natural position to draw from, and if you feel that you may have to actually use your weapon at some point, wouldn't you want the most efficient movement to target possible?  This is just plain idiocy.

*off soapbox

2 hours ago, Howl said:

I know squat about carrying guns, but the picture looks like dick carry, not appendix carry. 

Yep. I have never seen anyone carrying like that and I have many people who carry in my circle. My instructor would have a cow if he saw that. 

1 hour ago, VooDooChild said:

Uh....I don't care how disciplined your "bang switch" finger is, your personal safety, as well as others, is utmost importance.  Never assume, idiot.  Besides that, it just isn't a natural position to draw from, and if you feel that you may have to actually use your weapon at some point, wouldn't you want the most efficient movement to target possible?  This is just plain idiocy.

*off soapbox

This position is stupid but regular appendix is useful for many people. Every position takes lots of work to draw cleanly and efficiently. I can't draw from my hip with squat because I'm such a short torso squatty body that there's no room. 

On 5/20/2017 at 2:53 AM, CyborgKin said:

Tangentially related, but this is the only bit of Botkin-related news I've been able to find of late: the Courter family (part of the vast middle-Tennessee OfBotkin group) is hosting another Memorial Day gathering. Excerpt from Anthony Courter's public Facebook page:

Spring Dance

Following the fellowship and Dinner will be an English Country Dance that includes line and circle dances to celtic and folk music. We will be teaching as we go for folks that are unfamiliar with these dances.

example dances:

· Virginia Reel

· Waves of Tory

· Postie's Jig

· Gay Gordon

We’ll probably be adding in a new dance or two just for fun, but they haven't been decided upon yet.
Guidelines for Dance:
Dancing is one of the areas we believe should be reclaimed and redefined according to biblical standards in contrast to what the world encourages and engages in. In an effort to do that, we have the following guidelines and reminders that we believe will help encourage a productive and edifying atmosphere for all.

1. This is a family dance. We encourage everyone of all ages to participate. In everything, but especially this area, we should strive to live according to 1 Tim 5:1-2: “Rebuke not an elder, but entreat him as a father; and the younger men as brethren; The elder women as mothers; the younger as sisters, with all purity.”
This is about the heart. Let’s seek to honor the Lord with our attitudes and actions.

2. Modest dress is required. Guys, there’s no need to dress up, but please don’t look sloven in appearance. Girls, though we encourage dresses, it’s not a must. Please be careful to choose something with a top that won’t gap when bending over and nothing immodestly tight.

3. Everyone must stay within the lighted areas after dark. We need to be above reproach and we have always observed this rule for everyone's safety.

Several pics from last year's gathering provide Botkin/Vernier sightings. https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100008882771074

Carry on...

Good thing he posted those guidelines.  Based on last year's photos, things looked like they could rage out of control at any moment and it wasn't even dark yet. 

41 minutes ago, Howl said:

Good thing he posted those guidelines.  Based on last year's photos, things looked like they could rage out of control at any moment and it wasn't even dark yet. 

LOL! I know; I loved this, too: "We’ll probably be adding in a new dance or two just for fun, but they haven't been decided upon yet."

Seriously, you'd better just CALM YOUR ASS DOWN. 

3 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

LOL! I know; I loved this, too: "We’ll probably be adding in a new dance or two just for fun, but they haven't been decided upon yet."

Seriously, you'd better just CALM YOUR ASS DOWN. 

I just had a vision: The fundy clothes were just costumes that tear away, revealing the REAL costumes beneath.  The Bal Rat Mort dancers have infiltrated!  Doug Phillips, bare chested, throws open the hay door in the upstairs of the barn,  and, to the swelling sound of MOAR CELLOS!, leaps down onto some hay bales!   Line dancing commences.

1 hour ago, Howl said:

I just had a vision: The fundy clothes were just costumes that tear away, revealing the REAL costumes beneath.  The Bal Rat Mort dancers have infiltrated!  Doug Phillips, bare chested, throws open the hay door in the upstairs of the barn,  and, to the swelling sound of MOAR CELLOS!, leaps down onto some hay bales!   Line dancing commences.

Holy fuck, it might just be the 100% legal in my state cannabis, but this gave me a serious giggle.

Guys, though we discourage dresses, it's not a mustn't.

No?

Archived