IGNORED

The Putman Family (cult) on TLC

ChickenettiLuvr

I really felt for Jen in this episode. I've had those conversations with my husband as well.  I was crying when she was crying.

Ok on to Blair. I'm so convinced this girl, yes girl because she acts like a young girl, is scared to be alone with her kids. It's like she has no clue how to deal with them by herself. I can't imagine. I'll be shocked if he takes that fellowship. You know Bill is going to give them a huge guilt trip and Blair is going to whine like no tomorrow. Jamie would suffer the whole time they are gone. 

I don't see this show continuing after this season. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 3

Like does she not know many people complete this? and thrive? I'm honestly she got married just because she isn't an independent person.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 2

I just don't understand the in -laws. I mean between Kaci losing her mom and Jen being super young when she moved in I get it. But what's the deal with Meagan and Jaime. How were they ok with this? 

Also, I'm curious. Does Jaime's paycheck still go into the family account even tho they moved out? Losing a doctor in the house is a lot of money that's lost. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

I honestly think that's more of it, but then again he is just finishing his residency so he isn't making a lot right now. Blake is making real money since he's been done his residency I think. Plus the rest of the family has their company, I'm just curious with their funding since all the women stay home (did they mention ever if that was their choice?)

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

I am really really trying...  I just don't understand anything about this.  Even the Duggars  move the kids into different houses when they get married.   Is this what the Ardnts will be like (if any of them ever get married)?  

I cant even snark. I just don't get it.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

17 hours ago, candygirl200413 said:

Like does she not know many people complete this? and thrive?

I don't think Blair gets it and I don't think she wants to get it. Blair is the youngest and there is no doubt Bill's favourite. So she was babied and continues to be babied. She doesn't have to have an independent thought. She's happy to let someone else do it. 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

18 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

I don't think Blair gets it and I don't think she wants to get it. Blair is the youngest and there is no doubt Bill's favourite. So she was babied and continues to be babied. She doesn't have to have an independent thought. She's happy to let someone else do it. 

But then why get married?  I am sure with his unnatural attachment issues, Bill would have been happy to have her be the "Jana" of the family.  She could have stayed unmarried, lived at home, help raise the other kids with no real responsibility.  Why drag her poor husband and kids through this if you have this crippling fear of being a wife and mother? 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 3

hah! Totally forgot about that.  

That probably really is the reason.  Its not like she could just go over to a boyfriend's place for a couple of days. 

I still can't fathom the lie they told to sucker the spouses in- I mean in theory, once in they're trapped.  But what was the crazy tale that sucked them in???

• Upvote 3
  • Love 2

It's obvious from the marriages in the Putnam house that when you get married, you get to have sex AND stay in your dad's house. Clearly she thought that was how it would go for her and she's shocked it's not working out that way.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

I have tried to understand this family. There are about 30 people in my extended family. We get together twice a year. The chaos and noise is fun for a few hours but then it is wonderful to come home. 

The chaos and noise never ends for these people. I would be exhausted by it and bitchy beyond belief.

Bill's level of control over the people who married into the family is mind boggling. The control over his own children is somewhat understandable. See the Ardnts / Maxwells. Over the others I can't wrap my head around.

• Upvote 12
  • Love 2

I have talked on here several times how I have a very small extended family. I can barely stand them for a few hours I can't imagine dealing with them all day every day. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 4

Because I don't have anything else to watch I'm watching the Putman marathon on TLC. It the Mother's Day episode. Bill just finished telling Blair he didn't think Jamie being a doctor was worth it. As I sit here watching it the second time you can see how manipulative it is. I knew it was the first time, but this time, watching his facial expressions and mannerisms, makes it all the more evident. 

I also noticed how down Jamie seemed to be when taking his wife to the family home after the birth. You could tell he didn't want to talk about it. 

Such a strange situation.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 2

... wading back into the Putman dysfunction cray...

I fail to understand why Kaci's reconstruction surgery needs to go to the family.

Support, yes. Their borg opinion? Hell no.

• Upvote 12
  • Love 1

OK folks… I have my drink in hand. Hopefully you all do too.

We open with cows, and a beautiful overhead view of the lake shore. They are meeting with their interior designer, Andrea, so they can figure out how to make each room flow with the others. Bill and Barb are talking about the giant ass new house they're building. They remind us that 26 people will be living there, and Blair and Jamie are coming home!!!!11!!!!1!!!! 

The designer shows them her concepts and hands printouts to everyone. She talks about how difficult it is to design for so many different opinions. She also says she loves her family but doesn't want to live with them (like many of us, I assume).

The new place is the size of a hotel, 35,000 sq. ft. Bill and Barb remind us about their construction company and how they are building their huge dream house. They show the inside of the new place and how it adds on to their existing house (which I already thought was huge). The new house has 17 bedrooms and 15 bathrooms. Holy Rufus. Bill again reminds us that their current house has two bathrooms. TWO. Now the ladies stop by to check on the progress and are concerned about where the stairs will go. The girls tell the guys that they are building the inside of the house.

OMG Blair shows up and they all hug her and are excited. They're talking about the color of the elevator. Brandon reminds us that Blair and Jamie are going to be moving in as soon as Jamie is done with his residency. Jamie wants to do a fellowship, which means an extra year of residency, but there are none in Michigan. It was a curveball for Blair. She said that decision will let everyone down. She says that they've kept that decision between her and Jamie for now, and aren't going to tell everyone else right now. She's emotional about it.

(Mr. Puma is next to me on the couch and had to reach out to touch me because he said he's very insecure. He loves snarking on these people too.)

Blake talks about how he's days away from graduation from residency, which is actually a really awesome accomplishment. He and Megan in the new place and reminisce and talk about the new house. They went through a lot of challenges and are excited to spend more time together now. 

Jen designates the unclaimed room in the basement as the craft room. No, it's going to be the kids' arcade room. They can't combine the crafts and canning. They need their own room. Ma Putman argues that the girls far outnumber the boys. So they should have their craft room. The "crap" room. 

Kacie talks about the history of cancer in her family, and she was relieved to find out that she did not pass that gene down to her kids. They need to decide what they're going to do next, whether she should get a double mastectomy or not. They also need to get the family's opinion (?). Brandon thinks the surgery is the best decision. Kacie says she will wake up from the surgery and look down and her breasts will be gone. But they need to hear the family's pros and cons before they can make a decision (??). Brandon said, as far as reconstruction surgery, if the insurance pays for it, why not get an upgrade? He says he's joking and he married her for her personality.

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 2

Thank you, @PumaLover, for the recap here.

I'm here having fun on Free Jinger snark.

Dear Hubby is in next room, watching a gingerfest on South Park. And giggling like a little school girl!

• Upvote 2
  • Love 2

Back from commercial, we're in Saginaw, MI and it shows the kids playing at a park. Blair reminds us again about the fellowship and the fact that she's never lived away from her family. She tells the kids to go play so she can talk to Jamie alone. She's sad that it's going to take them away from the whole family for a year. The closest fellowship is in Indiana. The farthest one is Alabama. Blair talks again about how she's never been away from her family. Jamie tells her there are some unknowns in doing new things, and that's why you do them. Blair finally says she's ok with it. Let's do it! Let's try it! They agree to tell Patriarch Putman first, one on one.

Blake and Megan go on a date to a golf course. Blake talks about his new schedule at the hospital and Megan will be stuck with him 4 days a week. He hits his first ball right into the sand. The new hospital where he'll be working is 20 minutes away. She can have lunch with him (hopefully she doesn't have to drive him and pick him up, as well as have lunch with him.) They have a good time golfing. Blake doesn't talk about his work to Megan very often because he doesn't want to burden her. They talk about him being more open and willing to share with her. They love each other. 

Kacie has been looking forward to Super Tuesday to talk about her double mastectomy. *eyeroll* They talk about the possibility to just continue doing mammograms. Or they can do a double mastectomy. Jen was taken aback by Kacie saying she would look down and have no breasts. Kacie cries and says breasts are part of being a woman. Kacie wants everyone's blessings so they can all take care of her kids. It's a 12 week recovery process. Jen tells her she wants her there with her and cries. She says to do what she needs to do. Now they have to find a time to do it. Everyone says they love each other. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

That man is such a selfish a$$. How dare he tell them that a fellowship isn’t useful. He is a manipulative jerk. I can’t believe the vile passive aggressive crap coming out of his mouth. :my_angry:

• Upvote 11
  • Love 2

Back from commercial. Pa Putman is watching the kids swim in the lake. Blair and Jamie sneak up on him and surprise him. They want to talk about the fellowship. It's hard breaking bad news to someone you love.

Jamie tells Pa they've been talking and praying about their next move. He has the opportunity to do an OB fellowship. The downfall is that the only ones they're looking at are out of state. Pa asks how many years that is. One year. Pa says the only extra it gives him is that he can work in Detroit or other big cities, and they don't live in those big cities. They don't want them to go. Pa says the best time he's had this month is watching his three grandsons. It eats his heart. His voice cracks. He loves them so much. Kids giggle in the background and dramatic music plays. Blair cries. She doesn't want Jamie to give up his dream. 

Bill tells them that they have something that can only be dreamt about. And he can't believe they're not a part of it. He's got to let go. On the other side he's very proud of what they're accomplishing. He says they have his blessing but he is guilty of loving them too much. Blair hugs him. Bill never thought he'd be that long distance parent, but he's going to be that long distance parent (like a lot of people?).

The ladies and kids are cooking in the kitchen. Pa walks in with some terrible news and says he's distraught. Blair and Jamie came over. Their vision they all have for living together is going to be postponed. Jamie is doing a fellowship out of Michigan. He can barely talk. At first he was so pissed. Brandon says it's difficult for him to process. They're building this house and now they're breaking their commitment. He's disappointed that they could make that decision without him. Pa says it's good for them to know they love them. They ask how Blair was. He said she was excited. Ma Putman cries but says they have to be happy too. 

Megan talks about how hard it is with Jamie and Blair away at their apartment now. The bond is not as strong. Bill tells everyone he wants them to chase their dream. Just because this is his and Barb's dream doesn't mean it has to be all of their dream. He says he still loves them. He tells everyone it's ok if they all want to move out with their own families. Maybe he's holding them all back and maybe they don't want to hurt him by moving out. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

I strongly dislike the self proclaimed patriarch. Making this about him and how he might be holding them back by loving them all too much. Hello dysfunction!!!

This show is making me stabby.

• Upvote 10
  • Love 5

Oh my god they're love bombing their own family? I'm not sure if this is triggering bad memories or if I'm just generally incredulous. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 3

Bill and Barb are talking about Jamie and Blair going out of state and it's really hard on everyone. The adult guys talk about how much they love raising their family this way and they love everyone. Barb waits for the day that Blair and Jamie can come home. Bill says if they're meant to be there, they'll be back soon. Everyone says they love each other.

Now they're dancing in the kitchen, getting ready for Blake's graduation. Blake has been working toward being a doctor for 11 years (he has all my respect). They all get on their bus. They talk about Blake's ego. 

Back to Saginaw. They all walk into the venue. Bill and Barb meet people and talk about how their son is a doctor. They are extremely proud of him and the entire family. Blake's 4 kids are very proud of their dad. They have to bring in two more chairs for the kids. It looks like a very fancy sit down dinner but they brought all the kids. I don't really see any other kids. 

**side note I like the commercial for the Neck Basket. LOLOLOL

Back to the fancy venue. Yay Blake. Jamie and Blair feel awkward walking in with everyone knowing about the fellowship. Everyone in the family has been dedicated to Blake becoming a doctor. Everyone is thinking about Jamie and Blair moving out of state. They all have to put it aside because tonight is all about Blake. He gives a speech. This is the first graduation his family has come to, besides his mom coming to his preschool graduation. He announces that his dad has been his drive and inspiration for all of this. They all should shake hands with Bill. Blake gets emotional in his TH because he wouldn't be there without his dad. He literally owes his life to him. Everyone claps. He loves his dad, thank you, Rufus bless you. Bill can't come up with words that express how he feels. All he can say is love. 

Jen and Billy say they can't wait to get older and it will be exciting to have all these relationships. Blair said it's a hard concept to even think of moving out of state. But it's nice to know they have the love and support from a family that cares. Pa and Ma in a TH talk about how unbelievable this year has been–new house, new baby, etc. but they're going to address it as a family.

Til next time FJers…

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 2

Spoiler alert read before this airs in my time zone but I can’t understand how according to the recap that this is the first graduation his family has come to except for his preschool graduation. Blake’s parents’ MO is to come to all graduations.  

• Upvote 5
  • Love 2

Oh I couldn't deal with these people last night but today. WTF! How dare Bill say that Jamie's fellowship is useless? Oh my good god! Is there any need to slam him down again and again? Poor Jamie. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 4