IGNORED

The Putman Family (cult) on TLC

ChickenettiLuvr

The shared bank accounts with Bill's control is very FLDS. This is such an odd situation! I hope to catch an episode soon.

• Upvote 9

I just turned on this week's episode, just listening, and they are in search of dresses for maybe 11 girls for a dance.  If they live in the same house, wouldn't they have hand me downs somewhere....?

(STOP BEING LOGICAL, MM...)

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

Putmans meet the Putmans, they’re the modern stone age familyyy!

I’m so witty! :P

Do we really need to go through this shit again? We know, we know, you’re all fucked!

-          Ohhh it’s time for the Daddy/Daughter dance. 10 of the girls are going. They’re all going to get dressed up and go to the dance.

-          Yeah we get it, you share a bank account.

-          All the girls are in the living room picking out dresses. They are the best frugal shoppers, clearly they don’t know about the Duggars. They need to buy 10 dresses. Really? For 10 girls you have to buy 10 dresses?

-          They’re shopping online and the girls are picking out their dresses. The girls are loving it.

-          Blake is saying about the struggle.

-          The girls don’t understand the concept of money. They want to be all treated equally. One girl wanted an $80 dress but she couldn’t have it because so many girls needed new dresses. You know? You could have maybe done this slowly, over time instead of all at once.

-          They’re trying to organize this and it’s not really working.

-          Billy says that all the dresses, flowers, and drama is a lot. Billy is clearly over the drama.

-          Izzy has her own style and she wants the $80 dress. They need 10 things of everything.

-          They’re going to be in some way about prom. I’m rolling my eyes already.

-          They’re happy! Thank god. Imagine if they weren’t. Oh no one would care, it’s not Bill.

-          Blair is still trying to figure out Solomon. The Mom won’t stop calling him the 26th Putman. She said “The more feet running around…” Solomon is an infant, he’s not running anywhere.

-          Yes explaining about Jamie living apart.

-          Oh for fucks sake, most people take care of their own jesus kids. If you can’t handle 3 kids then don’t have 3 fucking kids. Logic!

-          Blair says that she is going to go back in a week if she can take care of the boys. You know if you weren’t spoiled rotten and so dmaned enmeshed in this family you would be able to do all this.

-          The Mom is talking about bonding with Blair. You should have bonded and then set her free and then you could bond as adults.

-          Bill is complaining about how cramped they are. Yeah, tel your kids to move out and you wouldn’t have that damn issue.

-          The crazy eyes are strong in Bill. “The house of our dreams.” Yeah you are getting the house of your dreams on your kids back.

-          They are building a massive house. Shall we say a compound? Is this ever ging to get finished or is it going to constantly be a pipe dream? Bill, you’re not a big kid, you’re a big creep.

-          Bill is sentimental because they are tearing down the house that he raised his kids in. They’re trying to save the fireplace and it’s not really working. Bill is just yelling and yelling.

-          Nope he doesn’t have a type A personality Brandon, he has a type Asshole personality. Bill does not have a healthy heart. There’s nothing healthy about this man.

-          He has introventriculation says Blake. He’s building up certain risk factors. Yeah he’s a fucking lunatic asshole. “He wants to be able to take care of the family.” Noooo he wants to be in damned control. No one is going to take control from Bill Putman, they’ll have to pry it from his cold dead hands.

-          Billy and Brandon are concerned about their Dad. They’ll all probably run for the hills when Bill croaks. Brandon says that Bill is his best friend. You’re probably not allowed to have more friends. He doesn’t want to miss the grandkids…no because he wants to control their lives too. Brandon is crying talking about Bill possibly kicking the bucket.

-          Still talking about Bill. This really is “Meet Bill the Creep”

• Upvote 12

3 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Bill is just yelling and yelling.

Yeah, I think we just got a little window into Bill's natural personality.  I noped out when he lost his shit.

@Carm_88Great recap and may Rufus bless you for your efforts :)

• Upvote 11

I got 99 problems but Bill Putman ain't one! 

-          Sending the kids out of the room. They are calling an intervention with Bill.

-          It’s Super Wednesday. Health is super serious business you know.

-          Blair had the baby and was super exhausted, got her blessing. Blair is not going to get involved in anything that she doesn’t want to deal with.

-          Heart is an issue. Bill says that he’s taking care of it. Blake says that he is not. Bill looks constipated.

-          Two doctors in the family, you do this, we get you longer. Bill doesn’t want to talk about it. I’m so damned shocked!

-          Bill doesn’t like what the cardiologist gave him as options. He doesn’t want to increase his pills, he doesn’t want a pacemaker, and he doesn’t want an ablasian. He has a problem with giving up control.

-          Do they not see that this man, their father, doesn’t want to be in a hospital because he doesn’t want to give up control? “Ill feel better?” Ohhh the guilt is strong in this one. Listen to him guilting his kids about how bad he feels about medication.

-          “We’ve been over this a million times!” “I take care of myself!” “Why are you yelling?” Asks Blake. “Because you’re starting to piss me off.

-          “He puts himself last.” That so such fucking bullshit. Bill puts himself first. The Mom is sobbing because she doesn’t want to be there by herself. What would she do? Who would tell her what clothes to put on in the damned morning?

-          Bill is tired and Brandon says that his heart might be why he’s tired.

-          One of the army of blonde wives is making smoothies. All the girls are tasting them and Billy is being asked if he’s excited about the Daddy daughter dance. He’s not ready for the kids to grow up.

-          Of course he’s not. Bill never really wanted to let his kids grow up so why would Billy want his daughters to grow up. They will all probably move into the damned house.

-          Brandon is talking to his blonde wife in bed. I cannot keep any of them straight. I don’t really care to either.

-          Oh Kacie! Kacie is nearly 30 and she has cancer in her family and around then is where it starts.

-          She is teling about all the family history of cancer and she has lot of risks and a lot of relatives passeing away quite early.  Kacie’s Mom passed away, she battled cancer for 20 years and she doesn’t want her kids to go through that.

-          Brandon can’t think about losing her and Kacie said don’t do that to me. Now a kid crawls into the bed to lay with Mommy and Daddy for a bit. Brandon is telling her that he loves her. Kacie says that her and Daddy were talking.

• Upvote 12

Phffffff Putmans! :P

-          Solomon is fussing, so Kacie is talking to him.

-          They want the kids there all the time. “Every new mom needs her sleep.” Well not every new mom gets that. Seriously, most new moms don’t. You are being utterly ridiculous. Holy shit.

-          Blair’s boys are young still. Well then she shouldn’t have had them so close together. Dear god. Why is this such a hard concept? Most young mothers do that.

-          Wake up call about how hard it is. Well you know what? Most adults do it. Sure many people get some help from their families but for the love of fuck.

-          “We can be whole again.” Eyeroll. I am so sick of this family talking about Blair and Jamie moving back in full time.

-          Kacie and Brandon are going to talk to a doctor about Kacie’s family history to find out what they can do for preventative measures. Then report back to the family to see what they think. For the love and honour of absolute fuck! It’s Kacie’s health.

-          There’s a lot of cancer and lots of different cancer in Kacie’s family tree. The doctor is asking about gene testing. Brandon asks if the doctor thinks that Kacie should do it. The doctor says that 50% chance that Kacie carries a defective gene.

-          They need to decide if they are done having kids. Brandon doesn’t want to put Kacie through having a mastectomy but he doesn’t want her to have cancer either. Kacie is obviously very worried about this and she really should have the gene testing. They need to get the results and then consider.

-          “God has laid it on my heart to take care of me and my health.”

-          “My husband is wonderful, absolutely wonderful.” Man do all of these people talk exactly the same? Nonsense, the heights of nonsense. I’m telling you.

-          They’re going for a walk. Anyone who is inside is going outside for a walk.

-          Bill? Probably not.

-          They’re all out in the yard and the Mom said that they are going to try to get in shape.

-          Oh Bill is going. I am absolutey shocked.

-          Kacie tells the Mom that she is getting tested for the cancer gene and what does she think? Barb asks where she would draw the line, don’t get too paranoid. I don’t think you can be too paranoid about cancer.

-          Talking more about the family and they need to focus on staying healthy.

-          Blake is trying to lecture Bill and asking if it feels good. “I got attacked by the family.” Bill you really didn’t get attacked. They want you to live a little longer. “I want to be this grandpa to my great grandkids.” Dear fuck.  

• Upvote 11

Am I the only one worried because baby Solomon appears to be significantly jaundiced???

• Upvote 3

Facetiming

-          Blair is telling Jamie about Solomon and he asks if she’s getting any sleep and she says yeah.

-          She says that there is mixed emotions in it because she loves the help but she misses Jamie.

-          She’s showing Solomon to Jamie. She hasn’t been able to give the boys her attention. She should be able to.

-          They’re getting ready for the Daddy/Daughter dance. They seem excited about it.

-          It’s nice that they do this things and that they aren’t totally isolated. I’m glad that no one is bringing Bill.

-          The little kids are making a mess while everyone else is distracted. Well that’s to be expected. Though what is Bill doing? Why isn’t he helping?

-          They’re trying to get the guys ready but it’s not really working. All the little girls are coming down looking like little princesses and I am betting that there are going to be a lot of tears.  

-          Can I say I’m bored and that I wish this was over? Because that’s how I feel right now! I should have saved the pizza. Or perhaps gotten more skittles, or ice cream, or anything. I’m bored. I’m also sleepy. The boredom isn’t helping with that either.

-          Anddd we’re back! I’m still bored. Billy is explaining and says he’s excited. The girls all look really pretty. I must say that. Billy is excited for the girls but he’s not ready for them to grown up. He’s not ready for them to drive. Oh there’s Bill. I knew that he would have to get his face in. Blake is actually really sweet with his daughters. Billy is too but Blake is just over the top sweet. He’s actually the least like Bill. I wish he’d run. Bill said that one of his granddaughters looks like “A beautiful easter egg.” Thanks?

-          Brandon’s daughters are super cute as well and he’s really cute with them. “I’m not going to be their hero anymore.” He hopes to always be their hero. I like that they are giving them all a special moment and for the most part Bill isn’t involved because he would only make it super creepy.

-          Ugh Bill. :P He’s picturing them being married in their wedding gowns. They’re little girls. For fucks sake. “You look good, you smell good…” You’re really fucking weird Bill. Brandon doesn’t want anything to happen to Bill because he loves him and wants him to be around for a long time.

-          “It was too much.” Yeah, yeah, yeah! I’m roling my eyes.

-          Brandon is going to cry and his daughters are making fun of him. I was right that there were tears.

-          “They have all those kids in one house, how do they do it?”

-          “When I first came here, I thought they were a really big family. It takes a village to raise a child and they have one.”

-          Well they’re having a good time. That is for sure.

-          Apparently Blake cant dance but I don’t think he cares. I don’t think that his daughters care either. Brandon is dipping his daughters all over the place.

-          Brandon says that he pulled a muscle in his calf. Blake is getting kisses. It’s all cute and it would be fine, if they weren’t some damned weird!

-          Next time: Oh fuck that I’m not watching the previews!

• Upvote 13

This is so fucking boring. Yet puke inducing.

Reminds me of the Seinfeld episode. Why would anyone watch it?  

Because it’s on TV!  

Daddy daughter dance with grandpa is grossssssssss!!!!

• Upvote 6

Watched last night with my 14 y.o. We were both horrified/fascinated and neither of us would want to live with our extended families. Bill is CREEPY.

• Upvote 5

I can't stop watching this trainwreck. I'm just so fascinated and creeped out at the same time! There's something fundamentally wrong with this family.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

There's something fundamentally wrong with this family.

Bill is what is wrong with this family. I'm pretty sure that it all leads back to him and his messed up childhood. Crazy eh?
  • Upvote 10

15 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Bill is what is wrong with this family. I'm pretty sure that it all leads back to him and his messed up childhood. Crazy eh?

I'm not trying to backseat analyze them but holy crap they belong in my psychology books( I majored in psychology). This family is the perfect study of childhood trauma which lead to attachment and abandonment disorders. I swear my professors would have had a field day. But then you have all the in-laws who clearly have had trauma in their life and they're either overcompensating or suffering from Stockholm. I really wish someone would actually study these TLC families. I'd love to read the research. My mind is boggled. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

23 hours ago, keen23 said:

Watched last night with my 14 y.o. We were both horrified/fascinated and neither of us would want to live with our extended families. Bill is CREEPY.

My 15 year old daughter and I hate watch and agree with y'all's assessments 100%! Isn't it nice to just sit and watch tv with her, even if it is the Putman's? :) 

• Upvote 6

I'm finally getting around to watching my recorded episodes. The Vietnam War has just been way more interesting.

This is my personal idea of hell! I can't believe all the spouses were on board with this idea. I would literally go crazy and flip out on people. I need my quiet and my alone time. And the bathroom situation just makes me so uncomfortable, as does Patriarch Putman. I am really creeped out by him.

Lastly, it's the part with all the kids getting sick and it's throwing my OCD into overdrive!

• Upvote 8

I honestly can't believe that the wives agreed to move into the house and all live together. Maybe a few of them thought it was going to be a temporary thing.  

• Upvote 9

Did anyone else find the amount of makeup these girls were wearing excessive? I was really surprised by the amount they had on.

What was with Brandon and Kaci needing to run what the doctor says by the family? It's her health and he's the husband, it shouldn't be something the family votes on.

To the poster above, yes I thought Solomon looked jaundiced as well. 

• Upvote 6

I'd like to add that I believe it is indeed possible to be whole despite the fact that your grown daughter has moved out with her husband.

Just a thought.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

The part that really really bothered me (so far, haven't seen the newest one) is when the dad is insisting that Blair stay with them more than a week, and that HE would tell her when she was feeling better.

That just gave me all sorts of creeps!!!

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

I can't believe the one girl didn't get her $80 yellow dress. Why on Earth didn't she get it? The next scene they show is this HUGE mansion they're building, I'm sure one $80 dress wouldn't have been that big of a deal. If you can't afford it, don't show it to those kids. If they really aren't aware of cost, you wouldn't need to worry that the other girls wanted an $80 dress too. 

It creeps me out the amount of times these people mention not being ready for the kids to grow up, missing the daughter&BIL - of course you aren't ready for any of this, you aren't equipped with the life skills it takes when you move on (whether it is literally moving away or just entering a different fase in your life)

Also - not being American- I can't comprehend the relationship they have with doctors - the one son and the BIL aside. During the delivery of Solomon and now with the "cancer talk" of one of the blonde SIL's - it's all so huggy feely, no doctor I have ever seen acts like that.

• Upvote 9

So TLC has found another unusual family situation - a family that lives in MI with 25 family members in one home, one bank account etc.  Anyone know anything more about these people?

http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/meet-the-putmans-137051

The Putmans are not your ordinary family. TLC's newest series Meet the Putmans follows an American family who does things a little differently —nobody leaves. That's right — in the Putman house, you don't leave to start your own family and buy your own home. Instead, you live with your family forever. The network's website describes it as, "Three Generations, 10 adults, 15 kids; 25 people. ALL living under one roof, sharing everything."

5 hours ago, tropaka said:

So TLC has found another unusual family situation - a family that lives in MI with 25 family members in one home, one bank account etc.  Anyone know anything more about these people?

Gentle reminder to use search to see if anyone has started a topic on a new find before starting a thread! Helps your local mods and admins from needing to merge :)

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

There is not enough pizza in the world for this!

-          Previously: Fucked up. Currently: Still Fucked up.

-          Blair is burping Solomon, Barb did all the laundry last night and now there is even more. Of course they have to say about having 26 people to do laundry for causes that. No, I do laundry all the time, I will always find a sock or a tshirt or something I haven’t found beforehand.

-          The door on the washer isn’t opening anymore. It’s a catastrophe. They would have to go to the laundromat. And we know that they have to because it’s in the preview.

-          Duggar style they drag all the kids there.

-          Mother’s Day is coming up and the whole house is falling apart.

-          There’s a whole list. They took off Mother’s Day weekend to be with the women. Now the women MUST go to the laundromat. Because they clearly don’t have enough clothes. Have they never heard of going to Walmart and getting a new pack of undies for an emergency situation.

-          They make Mother’s Day special. They cook breakfast and get em a card. Holy moly. Don’t go all out guys. I do more for my Mom then that. I’m so frigging bored.

-          Everyone has the best Mom. Unless they don’t get along.

-          IS there going to be a big production about fixing things? Because I feel like there is going to be.

-          Why are they hauling all the kids to the laundromat? There are guys in the fucking house fixing things. They can fucking stay home. Fuck fuck fuck fuck! Nonsense. You’re making this harder then you need to!

-          If my washer broke I wouldn’t go, oh I must bring my cats with me to the laundromat. No I’d leave them home. They’d survive. I’m sure of it.

-          Bill tells Blair that she looks fantastic. Creeper. There’s something weird about that guy. Blair tells the camera for the millionth time that they have temporarily moved out.

-          It feels SO good for Bill for Blair to be home, to know that she’s there to talk to. Blair is recovering well from her c-section. Bill tells her that she MUST be lonely.

-          Blair misses Jamie, so she’s going home in a few days. But it’s very hard to leave because you know…she’s an 18 year old who is moving out for the very first time. Oh wait! Full grown woman who lives with her husband. Huh. I mean they have internet right? And a phone?

-          Oh god. This circus with the laundromat. They’re letting the kids run wild. There is no other way to put it. They are letting the kids run buck wild.

-          Oh some older lady is just as confused as I am. “I didn’ tknow this is one family.” Yeah, I don’t understand it either missus.

-          The kids are bored to tears. Seriously? This is so ridiculous. You know the solution to mayhem? Leave them at home. It’s pretty simple.  

-          Honestly, these people! Barb went for her annual mammogram and it came back abnormal. Cancer runs in her family and she doesn’t want to hear the words. They are all going to start to screech, roar, and bawl again.

-          We are waiting to get Kaci’s results back. No, Kaci is waiting for that. What’s going on with Kaci’s boobs isn’t anyone else’s business. I mean besides her and whichever one her husband is. Brandon? Maybe?

-          Barb has had previous issues. So that’s why she’s worried. “It’s all in God’s hands.” Uh huh.

• Upvote 6
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 1

How many “My Little Pony: The Movie” commercials can there be? Because I swear it’s been playing nonstop. I bet Bill is secretly a Brony. :P

-          Brandon is doing his best impression of Bill. They making the kids chorograph a dance for mother’s day. This is lovely. And by lovely, it makes me want to cry. Bill is weird and I don’t care what he has to say.

-          They’re making fun of Brandon. Whoo hoo. Because they’re all so manly. Excuse me, I may not be able to recap anymore, you know why? My eyes are stuck toward the ceiling.

-          Brandon has no professional training. Which is super obvious. Blake is a bad dancer and he laughs at it. Billy is doing the seagull and the pony.

-          They have a creepy neighbour named Joe Taylor who says “You leave the Putman house and miss your kids.” I’m sure you do. You probably go home in the silence and thank god every day that they aren’t there.  

-          How do you feel? “Tired.” “As tired as I look.” Bill you don’t look tired. You just look creepy.

-          Blake has the results of the mammogram. Of course, because you can’t have a doctor that’s not a Putman. God forbid! Now Blake is going to tell them. Blake has 25 built in patients but dreads giving bad news, especially when it’s your Mom.

-          They categorize Mammograms. Barb’s is a category 4 which means that it is suspicious. Which is better than a 5. Barb honey, you haven’t talked in your life. Bill does all the talking for you. Barb has to have a biopsy to figure out what it is.

-          Bill is still in his pjs. Bill is talking about how much he loves his wife. I’m rolling my eyes because I don’t like him. If it’s not cancer, they may still take off Barb’s breast. It must be really weird to be sitting there listening to other people talk about what may happen to your boobs.

-          It’s not about Bill, Barb. It’s about you. Yes, he lost his Mom but dear god think about yourself. You would have to go through this if it is cancer.

-          Blake is trying to talk Bill off of whatever ledge he has gotten onto.

-          Ughhhh. No one will discuss my boobs without me. They are mine! Weird statement, but also true. So there! :P

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1