IGNORED

The Putman Family (cult) on TLC

ChickenettiLuvr

20 minutes ago, StepMonsterInLA said:

Season premier Monday Sept 11. I expect to see y'all here. 

Could a kind person do an up-date for us folk in the UK? Thankyou in advance.

• Upvote 4

I don't know if anyone has discovered this yet, but it appears that Jim and Bill Putman published an E book called  "Hope for the Prodigal: Bringing the Lost, Wandering, and Rebellious Home."  The few pages I read are from a Christian perspective.  The one thing that stood out to me was a description of men and women that seemed to be following Duggar like gender stereotypes.  It was very women are like this and men are like this.  On the other hand, as that is a hot button issue with me, maybe I'm just reading too much into it.   If anyone wants to Google the title and read any of the free pages, it's available. The whole book is $9.99.  I'm not going to give any of my money to that family.

Oh, and did I see a child sleeping on a mattress on the floor of a closet in the opening of the show?

Edited by starbuck3614
  • Upvote 3

38 minutes ago, starbuck3614 said:

I don't know if anyone has discovered this yet, but it appears that Jim and Bill Putman published an E book called  "Hope for the Prodigal: Bringing the Lost, Wandering, and Rebellious Home."

Hi, and :text-welcomewave:to Free Jinger.  Please keep on posting regularly.

I don't think it is the same family.  The Jim and Bill Putman (both pastors) who wrote that book (which looks really appalling) are from Idaho.  

The TLC Bill Putnam family is from Caro, Michigan.

The media really aren't helping us with this because they are spelling the name of the TLC family differently wherever I look, but I'm assuming TLC has got it right as Putnam.

• Upvote 7

On 9/6/2017 at 11:53 AM, Gobsmacked said:

Could a kind person do an up-date for us folk in the UK? Thankyou in advance.

Haha I'm going to be recapping this train wreck! :P 

• Upvote 5

It's on tonight!  

The promo is a tad misleading, as they have constructed a new house with LOTS of bathrooms .... it's a huge home....

But the weirdness... bring it on!  

• Upvote 2

I meant to add the date - that video was posted back in April, so I would guess it is done by now.  They were making quick work of it back then...

• Upvote 2

Imagine being part of a family where no one leaves home…that’s hell. People thought that we were a cult. Dear god.

Bill, Brandon, Blake, and Blair.

10 adults, 15 kids, 25 people, all under one roof!

Constant commotion all the time. Yeah that’s what constant means. Shower time sucks. One house, one bank account, one set of rules. WE are reecarinating the old family, it’s a beautiful thing and it works.

Meet the Putmans!

Pigeon MI!

“Wake up time!” The girls are being woken up in their dorm. There’s a dog. “Good morning sunshine.” Bill Putman and Barb Putman married 34 years. People say don’t fall in love with your friend. I don’t think that anyone has ever said that. With them it was like bang. “You’d get a big head.” Four adult kids. Billy, Brandon, Blake, and Blair. They’re all married. They all live at home. That’s my idea of hell. I’m not joking. I am cringing just think about it. They’re all announcing each their whole names. They think they’re funny or something. “For us living with my kids and my grandkids is truly like being in heaven.” You can love people without being with them 24 hours a day. No I’m not missing a thing. Believe me. “How do you guys all live together?” “I don’t know how you don’t.” Oh that’s easy. “A cult.” Blake’s wife Meagn thought that it was weird. You know that you can have fun times together without living together. It’s not a beautiful thing. I’d kill someone. Billy and Jen have four girls? Addison, Abigail, and I missed the other two. She was Bily’s first kiss and he then says “No you weren’t.” I’m not so sure about that. This family is really weird.

13 years ago, Jen moved into the house and started to room with Blair. Then they got married and got pregnant with twins and then decided not to leave and it’s been a blessing. Oh Jamie does not love it. Please don’t fool me with that. Billy is mature apparently with a big heart. Jen is the mother hen of the family. Jen is a gesture apparently of togethereness. The shower is open? No it’s not. I wouldn’t deal. It was a blessing. You’re selfless because you’re taking care of each other. You’re there fore each other says Kacie Brandon’s wife. Billy takes care of everyone but himself, so he gets taken care of 25 times. Everything in this house is an ish. They never said that they wanted to do live together growing up, it ust happened. Yeah and I’m sure a psychologist could figure that out. There are some jobs that no one wants to do. Taking the hair out of the drains? I imagine that’s not fun. No one else has to count their kids to get on their own bus and go to school. Well fundies would but they home school. I can enjoy people without living with them. 25 people is a lot of people. Yes, it is and you are choosing to live like this. What are they putting in the water? They make people mad because they think it’s the school bus but it’s just them. Hahaha, so funny I forgot to laugh.

We could make pudding or something later! How much pudding would you have to make? What happened to your hair. Gia, Mya, Bella, Emma, Nova are Brandon and Kaci’s kids. Brandon and Kaci have been married for 11 years. He asked her dad who was a teacher to go on a date with her. That’s pretty close to courting dear. Brandon is the funny one. Blake is not funny apparently. Kaci went in her room to hide. I don’t blame her. I’d never come out. Kaci is done with this shit. You should have never moved in. Something about sections, I’m not even paying attention right now. Mom loves cleaning. Apparently. No one loves cleaning. Let’s fold socks. Yeah that’s what I love to do. Constant everything! Yes of course it is! You have too many people in the one flipping house. Kacie loves to clean. But she complains about having to clean every night. She wants a clean house but it’s hard because it will never be clean. They’re all done with this.

Can you do anything alone? Or does it need to be together?

• Upvote 10

Just wondering, would y'all rather live in the TTH with the Duggars or with the Putnams? I personally can't decide which would be the lesser of 2 evils. Putnams may be a bit more normal, but you could have a front seat to the duggar circus.

Edited by Quiche
  • Upvote 5

This is not a cult, I swear! Just come in here and drink this koolaid…

I’ve joked in the past about the Arndts living in the Hotel California but hmmm these people might have them beat.

It was Bill’s dream that everyone live together financially and spiritually. But not physically? Everyone cooks for all 25 people. Or maybe not. This seems like a big deal. So definitely TLC wanted it.

I missd Blake’s family’s introduction. He’s a doctor. I know he has a son named Noah. He says that he’s a middle child and his Mom loves Billy and Blair more then him. They fell in love hard. She thought that he was a player. She’s perfect for him. “Every flower is planted in some dirt.” They’re going to put onion rings on their burgers. It’s getting really fancy and exciting.

Jamie and Blair, two boys, and she’s pregnant. Jamie is in medical school and he met Blake there. They were buddies and Blake wanted him to date his sister. Jamie changed his name to Putman. Oh I remember this. It’s really weird. Make sure everyone washes their hands. Watch their tongues. Does not one watch 19 kids and counting?

Blake’s wife is Meghan. The kitchen isn’t big enough. They bump elbows easily. They are all fake arguing and trying to be interesting. Blink blink. My cats are more exciting really. They destroyed the kitchen. They are going to leave rubble. Jamie and Blair are temporarily moving out. I think that Jamie is going to run like hell! I hope he is anyway. The hardest thing was breaking it to the family, no one has ever left home and it’s hard. That’s because you’re all fucked up! It’s not even that far! It was really hard for the dad because he’s never been away from Blair. I’m skeeved out now. They’re a close family and they don’t separate very well. I think we’ve figured that out. Blair’s mom is her best friend. I’m not sure that there are allowed to have any other friends. Or at least they may have to submit a resume. Bill hates seeing them leave. Everyone left him. Now if only they could leave and cleave. When are they going to see Blair again? For the love and honour of god they just left. How can you miss her? She just left. She just went out through the damn door. There is something wrong with all of you! 

6 minutes ago, Quiche said:

Just wondering, would y'all rather live in the TTH with the Duggars or with the Putnams? I personally can't decide which would be the lesser of 2 evils. Putnams may be a bit more normal, but you could have a front seat to the duggar circus.

The TTH at least if you get married you get to move out and get a house.

• Upvote 15

Yes, it is TLC's version of Hotel California, you got that right.

Creepy, weird, enmeshed.

• Upvote 6

What happened?

The house is too small. Only two bathrooms. How do they deal? Patience? Constant commotion. They really like the word constant. They’re building a huge house. They have a real estate company, they build building and lease them. Building the house is a symbol that they are going to live together until the end of time. They are going to be living there for generations to come. Stealing people probably.

Blair is in her own place and she says it’s different. There’s not the extra hands. Yes we get it, it’s temporary. She appreciates the Mom doing absolutely everything for her. Nothing to worry about when you live at home. Well yeah! You know what? You should be doing this thing because you’re a full grown woman! She’s going to have a c-section and she wants to go back home and stay with the family for a week or so. Jamie has to work, so she needs the extra help. They are all so happy about this. Jamie is home and she will call them later. Seriously people! You can have adult conversations, that’s what the phone is for. Seriously child you can survive without your parents. I swear you can. Believe me! You know that most people do it on their own? They have kids and don’t raise them with their parents. Jamie is making it seem like no big deal. Damn. Run Jamie!

They are doing a room for Blair so that she has somewhere comfortable and cute. In other words, don’t you dare even think about not coming back. It’s still their home. Of course it is. Do you think that she could manage without you? Who would pay the bills? They’re looking forward to her coming home. It’s a good thing she didn’t move across the damned country! Bassinette has memories, Bill bought it for her when she had Brandon. It’s 30 years old. Brandon, Blake and Blair were all in bassinet. I am shocked that you couldn’t let something go. You don’t seem like those types of people at all. “Sit where I am where she can nurse her baby and be happy.” They don’t think that a week is enough. Of course you don’t. IT’s never enough is it? You can’t imagine being on your own with your kids? What do you think that the rest of the world does? Everyone else manages. There are people to take care of this. They’re called psychologists and psychiatrists. Drugs are nice. Yes you appreciate what you have. I appreciate what I have. They’re cats and they’re asleep. They’re family, I scoop their litter box, it’s what I do. Yes you’re all loving and freaky. We’ve gotten that. I’ve gotten it. Fucks sake!

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 2

Just now, Carm_88 said:

You can’t imagine being on your own with your kids? What do you think that the rest of the world does? Everyone else manages.

Preach it.

I cannot sigh enough watching this.  It's like reverse Lamaze around here.

• Upvote 6

I started yelling at the TV when the dad told the pregnant daughter that he knew better than her or her husband re her health. WTF! Like what the actual F*#$!!!

• Upvote 4

I am only listening, not watching, and every time TLC says Meet The Putmans, I hear "Meet The Puppets."

On 9/6/2017 at 10:22 AM, Palimpsest said:

TLC has got it right as Putnam

@PalimpsestI think TLC is calling them Putmans.

I could probably come up with some better last names, though....

Edited by MarblesMom
spelling
  • Upvote 8

Not a cult! Not a cult!

Do you want juice? If you are calling wine juice! Yesss please! Is there a point where Blair shouldn’t eat. They aren’t going to eat because she can’t eat. She drove home so that her Mom could drive to the hospital with her. 26th putman will arrive, 4th grandson. Dear god. This woman is as bad as Jim Bob. There are not many people that I would say that about. This guy may skeeve me out more then Jim Bob. She remembers having Blair. Dear god I would hope so. If you didn’t remember that would be scary. “Nervous?” Jamie is going to help with the c-section. He has the weekend off. Blair is saying that she is staying a week and Bill is forcing her to stay as long as she is healthy. 6 weeks or more. Does he know that most women manage this on their own? He’s a bit obsessed with her. Like more then a little bit obsessed. Bill is in charge of the health of the family and he will know when Blair is alright. So no in this house you don’t even get to choose when you are feeling healthy. Your emotions and physical wellbeing isn’t even your own.

Blair is going to the hospital. I’m uncomfrortable watching this. There is seriously something not right with this dad! What the fuck? The Mom is going to get emotional. Why is Mom crying so much? Is she going through menopause? No she’s a protect of this effed up family. Oh my god. Stop talking about the baby as a number. Yes you have Jim Bob beat for now but he has more kids. They’re going to make a poster. Have you been watching the Duggars? The kids are going to write personal notes. I don’t even know which blonde wife this is. They want to spend more time with Aunt B. Of course they do. They know nothing else other then spending time with each other. They’re training them to be sister moms already. One of the kids cut their own hair when they got scissors. That’s normal. They’re going to carry it like a baby. They’re all excited for babies. Aunt B needs to be taken care of. The kids love it when Blair is home. It’s a tease when blair comes in and out. Her kids don’t like to leave. You know in the rest of the world that’s normal. “It’s crazy get used to it.” Poor kid. Something is going on and the Mom is freaking out. TLC Dramas! :P I doubt anything is actually wrong.

I’m going to combine these two portions because it’s mostly me going WTF! What is the matter with these people? *Blink Blink* I mean they are a freak show but they’re…not quite the Duggars. I mean with the Duggars, you kinda go “Yeah they’re weird. They’re religious. It makes sense.” This crowd? Mmmm, no I don’t see any reason other then…being fucked up.

“It’s time to get and have the baby right now?” Oh this Dad is weird dude. Blair might have the baby in the car because her Mom is going so slow. Ok these people are so weird. They are might be even more weirdly attached to the girl. I don’t know what is going on here. They can talk without saying a word, they just get it. Blair has weight on the front of her vehicle. No Blair, you are having a baby. Your Mom is not having a baby. Yes, Jamie being there is normal. Jamie is being all doctory. Jamie gets to sit there and look good. How lucky is he? Blair isn’t nervous, does Jamie look nervous? He should. “We’re all so close. The family is so close. Having a c-section is a huge deal.” You should tell Jill Dillard that. She could use that information. They will see her shortly. It’s going to end here because dramaaaaaaa. The dad is so damned freaky! Blair is stressed and that’s normal. Now they are going to pray. They’re their own freaky religion. You guys aren’t Duggar variety religious freaks though. You’re just freaks. Why do you all need to go to the hospital? You know that’s weird right? Oh my god. Billy wants another baby. His wife is not sure. No he doesn’t want another baby. No sex until marriage that’s why they’re making up for lost time. There’s something the matter, so obviously the dad has to come in. Her blood pressure is spiking. By the way not the baby’s dad. Bill, Blair’s Dad. Because that’s not weird enough! Sacred heart of Jesus. What’s it like to be a Putman? It’s like being under a heavy duvet in the summer with bricks on either side of you. You’re not getting out.

• Upvote 13

2 hours ago, MarblesMom said:

I am only listening, not watching, and every time TLC says Meet The Putmans, I hear "Meet The Puppets."

@PalimpsestI think TLC is calling them Putmans.

I could probably come up with some better last names, though....

Yes, Putman is correct. There are various news articles about them from MI where they live as well as their Facebook page which all say Putman.

No matter what their last name is, this is one strange, messed-up family. 

• Upvote 7

I watched this show last night and I just couldn't.

They are all kinds of messed up. At first I thought, well, they're very close, it seems ok, but then the crying and the "I love you" every time someone goes out the door, and the mother crying and the SILs in the fixed up room crying over "I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't just run off and leave my kids here with you" For Fuck's Sake, you'd CALL one of them from your NORMAL house and ASK them to come ofer and take care of your other kids in an emergency!!

I don't think these people could even live in houses on the same street, they're so stuck together!!

My only hope is for the doc that wants a fellowship... in a different city. I hope he and his wife get away.. she can always call her mother every day.

And that dad. Creepazoid.

• Upvote 9

Holy smokes, I know I'm just echoing everybody else here but this family is scary, weird.

The dad is the judge and jury for this family. Why on earth is he so freakishly obsessed with his daughter. I wouldn't consider any of these relationships healthy but the dad and the daughter's is by far the weirdest.

How do these grown adults have such a hard time raising their children without their SILmoms.

I am so very creeped out by them. They live in the same state as me, I hope to never cross their paths.

• Upvote 9

I think that the spouses must come from terrible upbringing or emotional neglect.  A emotionally stable mature woman with a proper sense of family and boundaries would RUN!  

• Upvote 6

45 minutes ago, StepMonsterInLA said:

I think that the spouses must come from terrible upbringing or emotional neglect.  A emotionally stable mature woman with a proper sense of family and boundaries would RUN!  

And the one man, Blair's husband who changed his last to fit the family.

I remember in the special one of the female spouses said that her family didn't think it was originally a good idea for her to move into that home.

Edited by Seculardaisy
  • Upvote 6

Basically what you've all said, like so weird she can't have her own opinions about her life but like I guess when they've made decisions your entire life it's like why not?

• Upvote 4

So I just watched this.
Some thoughts:

So Billy's wife mentioned that when they had twins they decided it was easier to stay with his parents. That *almost* sounds reasonable, but I'm still not following as to why they were living with his parents in the first place. Like she said that when they were dating she lived in Blair's room. Huh? Why? Is that a normal thing? I don't think so.

Brandon I think talks about asking for permission from his wife's father to date her. "That says a lot about me" he says. Yeah it does. It says you're like the fundies we follow here that think of women as property. You know how many of my boyfriends have asked my father permission to date me? None. Because I'm a person who can make her own decisions about who I want to date.

There's that scene where they're making up the room for Blair with the bassinet. There have been 15 babies born into this house. Why are you acting like this is the first time it's been used for a grandchild. That can't be the case. This seems like quintessential TLC storyline: obviously fake and therefore inexplicably boring.

OMG when Blair has the baby. @Carm_88 got it right. This dad out creeps Jim Bob. Holy shit.  

• Upvote 12