IGNORED

Another Duggar courting- Joy and Austin, Pt3

SassyPants

This topic is going to the White sheet with a hole in it direction .... Let us also avoid contact while being married !!

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/17/2016 at 2:52 PM, marmalade said:

For those who haven't seen the "Austin" hoodie. REALLY, Joy???? Of course, she probably just looked up apparel for the city. If she had that custom-made....eeeeewwww...

15391486_944922752308041_3730754118875038176_o.jpg

Is it my imagination or is Austin looking 'doe-eyed' at Joy the same way the Duggar wives look at their husbands?

1 hour ago, NewOrleansLady said:

Is it my imagination or is Austin looking 'doe-eyed' at Joy the same way the Duggar wives look at their husbands?

I was thinking the same thing he seems smitten with her and she's just a giggling little girl.  It's good that he seems to be "attracted' to her, she's just so young. UGH. Lets pray fora a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG courtship.

Off topic, but I have to wonder if the teens who were featured on World's Strictest Parents kept in touch with the family. Also the men of these patriarchal families tend to be more mushy blubbering messes than their wives when on tv. The whole thing seems so contradictory to the notion they espouse of men being the non emotional logical leaders. Yet, more often than not we see the woman not being all emotional at every wedding.

On 12/21/2016 at 1:03 AM, infooverload said:

Off topic, but I have to wonder if the teens who were featured on World's Strictest Parents kept in touch with the family. Also the men of these patriarchal families tend to be more mushy blubbering messes than their wives when on tv. The whole thing seems so contradictory to the notion they espouse of men being the non emotional logical leaders. Yet, more often than not we see the woman not being all emotional at every wedding.

I'm sure it is the whole "keep sweet" that they have to do at all times. The women aren't allowed to be anything more than wives and mothers. Emotions are beaten out of them and they are taught to put on a smile and be nice. I'm sure there is also either a conscious or unconscious coping mechanism that they suppress all emotions at all times, it is the only way to get through a life of suppression and servitude.   

On 12/20/2016 at 3:00 PM, nolongerIFBx said:

In the IFB extremism I grew up in it was zero contact until the marriage altar. There was a six inch rule (see Kristina- http://kristinaskeeps.blogspot.com/2009/02/obeying-6-rule.html). This is based on the verse "Now concerning the things whereof ye wrote unto me: It is good for a man not to touch a woman." (1 Corinthians 7:1) which is only interpreted "touch" in the KJV.

Kristina's courtship is one of my fundie favs. 

Unfortunately I do not see this being a long courtship I expect an engagement announcement by Valentine's Day. Since Joy was pulled away from being a tomboy she was drafted into J'slavehood and was probably inclined to behave older. Even if this isn't the case she can use her mothers marriage to her dad as a case for a quick young marriage.

well at least he looks at her with love or something...it seems that he looks like he cares about her. i hope for the best for them. they are getting engaged and married anytime between january and june for sure.

20 hours ago, infooverload said:

Also the men of these patriarchal families tend to be more mushy blubbering messes than their wives when on tv. The whole thing seems so contradictory to the notion they espouse of men being the non emotional logical leaders. Yet, more often than not we see the woman not being all emotional at every wedding.

I see this as evidence that the dads are not involved in the wedding stuff while the mom is. It's one thing to see your child in her wedding dress and be overcome with emotion but it's another to have that same moment after going with her to pick it out, accompanying her to five fittings, and helping her get dressed. It's not that the mom isn't emotional about it it's that it was a few tears at a time rather than one big display.

On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 5:57 AM, imokit said:

Does this mean that once they get engaged they'll do Josh & Anna's creepy hand sex thing?

Oh, please make my day and explain this to a relative newbie.

@trustworthy Josh and Anna did not hold hands until after they were engaged.  Shortly after engagement she was at the TTH living room and he wanted to hold her hand, he explicitly checked with JB that it was allowed before doing so, JB was very unbothered and allowed it.  After that they would sit next to each other (with plenty of space between their bodies) and hold hands very tightly, stare into each others eyes and say I love you all the time.  It was most of what they did in their engagement.  Because there was very minimal other physical contact (the occasional side hug only), they made the most out of hand holding.  Flick through some of season 1 of 17kac (pre wedding).

It was defrauding :TRUCDEOUF:

On December 21, 2016 at 3:03 AM, infooverload said:

Question Everything!

I wish I could see that as a positive "men pushing gender typical stereotypes" by showing emotion.

Unfortunately I see that as more likely because they are transferring headship of their daughters. They are "losing" their sacred role as protectors or whatever. It was their job to guard their purity and now that job is complete. I see it as being tied into the purity ball weirdness brain washing philosophy I guess. 

@trustworthy Josh and Anna did not hold hands until after they were engaged.  Shortly after engagement she was at the TTH living room and he wanted to hold her hand, he explicitly checked with JB that it was allowed before doing so, JB was very unbothered and allowed it.  After that they would sit next to each other (with plenty of space between their bodies) and hold hands very tightly, stare into each others eyes and say I love you all the time.  It was most of what they did in their engagement.  Because there was very minimal other physical contact (the occasional side hug only), they made the most out of hand holding.  Flick through some of season 1 of 17kac (pre wedding).
It was defrauding :TRUCDEOUF:

When i think if it, I mostly remember the scene where they're in the car and the camera zooms in on their hands just... writhing.

Attention Male Duggars (and male fundies in general)~

The first thing ANY headship needs to have in order to lead and direct a family is a freaking JOB! If you are a male with a family (LOOKING AT YOU DUGGAR-DILLARD-SEEWALD) and no JOB, you are NO headship or family leader!!!!

First comes the family supporting job- the rest is secondary.

Copious amounts of hand holding here:

It must be so embarrassing for the Duggars to look back on these episodes now that everyone knows Josh's history.

Edit: Here's another close-up of the hand-holding.

14 hours ago, trustworthy said:

Oh, please make my day and explain this to a relative newbie.

You should look up all episodes. The hand sex is cringe worthy. Also you should look up old episodes because they are so much better than new ones. 

7 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

Copious amounts of hand holding here:

It must be so embarrassing for the Duggars to look back on these episodes now that everyone knows Josh's history.

"Dating is training for divorce" What in the world?????!!!!! I forgot about that. I need to have an old episode holiday marathon 

For some reason that I can't explain, the most offputting part about Josh and Anna's courtship and marriage to me, besides naturally the groom himself, is the fact that literally EVERYONE calls him Josh except her.  He is always "Joshua" to her.  It's just so formal and patriarchal and archaic and just weird that his wife uses his full name when even his much younger sisters don't.

Now if it was a case of "My name is Joshua and I go by Joshua", ok.  That's perfectly fair.  

But this is "My name is Joshua and I go by Josh to close friends and family, except to my fiancee/wife who must always refer to me as Joshua as a sign of respect or something".   

Edit:  Gross.  Now I'm wondering what his mistresses were allowed to call him.

Everyone calls my husband by either his nickname or a shortened version of his full name. When we were first dating I asked him what he wanted to be called and he said he prefers his full name. I still always call him by his full name because I know that is what he prefers. I'm not saying this was the deal with Anna and Joshly, but just wanted to toss out an alternate explanation. 

And that loyalty song makes me cringe so hard my face hurts :tw_confounded:

50 minutes ago, Georgiana said:

For some reason that I can't explain, the most offputting part about Josh and Anna's courtship and marriage to me, besides naturally the groom himself, is the fact that literally EVERYONE calls him Josh except her.  He is always "Joshua" to her.  It's just so formal and patriarchal and archaic and just weird that his wife uses his full name when even his much younger sisters don't.

Now if it was a case of "My name is Joshua and I go by Joshua", ok.  That's perfectly fair.  

But this is "My name is Joshua and I go by Josh to close friends and family, except to my fiancee/wife who must always refer to me as Joshua as a sign of respect or something".   

I'm guessing  in you don't remember that friends episode where Rachel has a crush on a guy named Josh, but whom she insists on calling Joshua. 

Around 1:50 she starts being a weirdo 

2 hours ago, seasonsoflife said:

You should look up all episodes. The hand sex is cringe worthy. Also you should look up old episodes because they are so much better than new ones. 

"Dating is training for divorce" What in the world?????!!!!! I forgot about that. I need to have an old episode holiday marathon 

OMG!!!  The ferris wheel ride!  The pickle!  What the heck are they doing with the pickle? What's with Anna and that iron?  Mrs. K:  "The guy has to be accountable to the dad."  So then why didn't Mr. Keller run up there with a pickup truck and a shotgun with the news of Joshley first broke?

2 hours ago, Georgiana said:

I see where that can bug you,  I guess I'm just weird because my husband is called a shortened version of his name by everyone in his family and including our current friends but I refuse to call him that. It started because the nickname is my uncle's name so it would be confusing, so I always called him by his full name. I don't even think about it anymore.  

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived