IGNORED

Another Duggar courting- Joy and Austin, Pt3

SassyPants

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, freedom_for_all said:

Who is Becky M? 

A person who posts on Duggar/Bates instagrams. We briefly discussed the poster a couple/few pages back in this same thread.

1 hour ago, freedom_for_all said:

Who is Becky M? 

A fan of the Duggars and Bates. She leaves creepy comments on their Instagram pics and knows nothing of boundaries.

Agreed. I'm sure we'll see some cheesy engagement pics with the ring on an ornament. I'll eat my hat if they didn't get engaged at Christmas. 

On 12/21/2016 at 9:29 PM, pancakes said:

I see this as evidence that the dads are not involved in the wedding stuff while the mom is. It's one thing to see your child in her wedding dress and be overcome with emotion but it's another to have that same moment after going with her to pick it out, accompanying her to five fittings, and helping her get dressed. It's not that the mom isn't emotional about it it's that it was a few tears at a time rather than one big display.

I totally agree. I'm pregnant right now and people expect me to be really excited. My husband is probably a little more excited than me at this point. He helps out a LOT, but I'm still the one who has to get the ultrasounds, change a lot of my eating and drinking habits, have the morning sickness and all the symptoms, worry that I might miscarry whenever I go to the bathroom, etc. Of course I'm excited but when you're deeper into something and have to do more of the work, it's going to seem more like a practical matter to you instead of a magical fairyland that just appears in front of you the day a baby is born or a wedding happens. The dads in fundieism have that luxury...They basically know nothing about the day until they show up. So of course the weddings are special and emotional for them! 

Maybe they will wait until New Years Eve to get engaged so they don't take attention away from Jesus on Christmas.

1 hour ago, ClaraOswin said:

Maybe they will wait until New Years Eve to get engaged so they don't take attention away from Jesus on Christmas.

Totally think they'll announce on the 31st or the 1st of January. #newyearnewseasonsoflife

Looks like Joy Joy is getting real cozy with Austin. They're real close to each other's faces and they both look like they want to kiss! Can anyone make out if they're holding hands? From the way their bodies are positioned and angled, it looks like they kind of are. It wouldn't surprise me if they're already engaged. Possibly saving an announcement for New Years?

IMG_1702.PNG

23 minutes ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

Looks like Joy Joy is getting real cozy with Austin. They're real close to each other's faces and they both look like they want to kiss! Can anyone make out if they're holding hands? From the way their bodies are positioned and angled, it looks like they kind of are. It wouldn't surprise me if they're already engaged. Possibly saving an announcement for New Years?

IMG_1702.PNG

Not sure about holding hands but Jed/Jer (I can never remember which one is which) and Hannie(?) look annoyed/bored.  I'm sure all the younger Duggars are getting  sick of babysitting siblings while they look at their new headships. 

12 minutes ago, ariel9 said:

I still expect engagement by Valentine's Day or at a strategic point to promote the show. 

I don't know, I'm betting it will be a longer courtship and engagement.  I can see them stretching this one out until she is 20, but not getting engage until she's 20, then getting married in  2018.  To much going on in Nov & Dec right now with Jessa and Jinger's anniversaries in Nov. Suprgy, Jessa & Justin's b-days in November, Jinger, Josie, Jordyn & Jed and Jer's b-days all in December. I can see a late April early May 2018 wedding at the place his parents own. It will be a nice time of year in NWA for an outdoor wedding.  Jessa and Ben had a long courtship, mostly because of Ben's age, I see Boob & DQ dragging this out until Joy is just a little older, this way she is 21 when she has her 1st kid. 

Right now with Jessa & Jill pregnant and I'm sure Jinger won't be too far behind so that will fill up season 3 and be enough for season 4 with the prospect of Joy's wedding coming and Joe and maybe JD & Jana courting as well, these two are going to have to marry soon, people are really starting to talk and give the Duggar's the side eye for keeping sweet Jana locked in the tower. A Jana courtship will bring in rating like pre-scandal IMO.  

36 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I don't know, I'm betting it will be a longer courtship and engagement.  I can see them stretching this one out until she is 20, but not getting engage until she's 20, then getting married in  2018.  To much going on in Nov & Dec right now with Jessa and Jinger's anniversaries in Nov. Suprgy, Jessa & Justin's b-days in November, Jinger, Josie, Jordyn & Jed and Jer's b-days all in December. I can see a late April early May 2018 wedding at the place his parents own. It will be a nice time of year in NWA for an outdoor wedding.  Jessa and Ben had a long courtship, mostly because of Ben's age, I see Boob & DQ dragging this out until Joy is just a little older, this way she is 21 when she has her 1st kid. 

Right now with Jessa & Jill pregnant and I'm sure Jinger won't be too far behind so that will fill up season 3 and be enough for season 4 with the prospect of Joy's wedding coming and Joe and maybe JD & Jana courting as well, these two are going to have to marry soon, people are really starting to talk and give the Duggar's the side eye for keeping sweet Jana locked in the tower. A Jana courtship will bring in rating like pre-scandal IMO.  

Being that Jana is the real quiet and reserved type, I'm rooting for her to go against the Duggar way and keeping it all private. I wonder what JB would say if Jana and her future boyfriend were both the quiet private type and were against filming their courtship/marriage. 

If that's what Jana wants, I hope she gets it.

But at the same time - for selfish reasons - I'm sure a bunch of us (myself included!) will be disappointed in not seeing old-maid Cinderjana *finally* hook herself a husband.

1 hour ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

To much going on in Nov & Dec right now with Jessa and Jinger's anniversaries in Nov. Suprgy, Jessa & Justin's b-days in November, Jinger, Josie, Jordyn & Jed and Jer's b-days all in December.

Not disagreeing with the basic longer courtship, BUT from this point on, it's going to be like this continually in Duggarland, and only get more packed.  With all the male kidults to marry off too, there's basically never going to a time when there aren't more birthdays/anniversaries, wedding days, due dates, and so on and so on. 

10 minutes ago, Lurky said:

Not disagreeing with the basic longer courtship, BUT from this point on, it's going to be like this continually in Duggarland, and only get more packed.  With all the male kidults to marry off too, there's basically never going to a time when there aren't more birthdays/anniversaries, wedding days, due dates, and so on and so on. 

I can see them doing that later, but for now, they can still spread it out as much as possible.  But by the time the last howler and the poor lost girls get married, every week/month will be jam packed. 

I dont think joy will have that long of a courtship. Yes it would make sense due to her age but if that was their plan i think they would have waited longer to announce the courtship. It came out of nowhere, there wasnt speculation or anything. Jessa's courtship was leaked and they had to announce which is why we had the awkward time line with her and jills weddings. They were planning on doing the Jill thing that season and save jessa and ben for later. Not sure if it was due to their age or other issues that jessa and ben had a longer courtship. But i think it just seemed longer bc we knew anout it before we were supposed to. In summation, since this was officially announced I think it will be quick from here. My guess is engagement announced right before season starts in feb. wedding late spring/early summer. 

1 hour ago, MsSaylor said:

It came out of nowhere, there wasnt speculation or anything

The thing is, there was some speculation.  Leading up to  Jinger's wedding some friend of the family left a comment on someone's FB or Instagram, wondering if joy's guy would be at the wedding. We discussed it here.  Just a matter of time before it came out if they didn't announce it.  I'm in the camp that they're not engaged yet and won't be till at least the spring.  I don't think it will be as a long as Jessa and Ben's courtship though.  The delay with them was that Ben was too young.  Austin is 23 and since he's the bread winner the wife's age is not as much of a concern.

On 12/27/2016 at 4:58 AM, actuallyjessica said:

I wonder if any of us were right when we speculated an engagement happening over Christmas.

I guess we may see on Monday.

Nah, we're not going to get any sort of engagement announcement until the new season starts on the 16th, or sometime during February Sweeps if they want to hold off for even bigger ratings. That's how the Duggars roll. Jilly had to get her pregnancy announcement done in the off-season, because an engagement trumps a second baby. 

I think the courtship will be longer than Jill/Derick and JinJer but not as long as Ben/Jessa. Benessa's courtship was long because Ben had some growing up to do, probably financially and otherwise (Jessa hinted at this in a couple of Talking Heads) 

. Plus, Jessa was a little more standoffish and it probably took a while longer to warm to each other. I have no idea about the dynamic between Joy and Austin but Austin being older means that he should be more financially stable than Ben was when he entered courtship. (of course the maturity of the female doesn't matter because she's a 'keeper of the home') 

I predict an engagement early next year, certainly before May. And the standard 2-3 month engagement. 

I thought they didn't allow little girls to sit on the older boys laps? That's their "mild inappropriate touching" defense.

Sorry, have to snark on it everytime.

On 12/29/2016 at 1:12 PM, AnnaRuk09 said:

Being that Jana is the real quiet and reserved type, I'm rooting for her to go against the Duggar way and keeping it all private. I wonder what JB would say if Jana and her future boyfriend were both the quiet private type and were against filming their courtship/marriage

Guilt trip city, but add Christianese to it. For example, it would not be a good testimony to have a private wedding that is away from cameras. Or, they owe it to their fans to share this special day.

On 12/29/2016 at 4:36 PM, HarleyQuinn said:

I thought they didn't allow little girls to sit on the older boys laps? That's their "mild inappropriate touching" defense.

Sorry, have to snark on it everytime.

Reading "mild inappropriate touching" always makes me sick. You can't be a little bit pregnant and you can't molest a child "just a little bit." What the fuck. How do they live with themselves?

On 12/27/2016 at 5:14 PM, HarleyQuinn said:

There won't be an engagement announcement before the season starts, they'll use it for ratings.

Agreed! Once announced, I think the engagement will move quickly. There is no need, in their eyes, to wait for Joy to grow older--why, just look how young Michelle was when she married, and didn't early marriage work out just super for her! We all know Ben was still a teen when he married Jessa, and Josiah was very young, and Marjorie even younger (17!) when they started courting. There will be no concern for Joy's tender age from her parents--she will be married off, and quickly. Viewers love wedding prep episodes.

My opinion: Joy is a commodity, and Jim Bob is more of a businessman than a father. Interest is up now, he won't want to delay the nuptials because people get bored easily and the impact would lessen. After her marriage, she will continue to be a revenue stream by continuing to follow Jim Bob's counsel to "be fruitful and multiply". The Duggars are media savvy; they know they have to "earn" those People and US Weekly covers.

I'm not saying anything new--it's all been said before. I just needed to vent. Further venting: I loathe Jim Bob. Really, sincerely loathe him.

On 12/29/2016 at 2:52 PM, MsSaylor said:

I dont think joy will have that long of a courtship. Yes it would make sense due to her age but if that was their plan i think they would have waited longer to announce the courtship. It came out of nowhere, there wasnt speculation or anything. Jessa's courtship was leaked and they had to announce which is why we had the awkward time line with her and jills weddings. They were planning on doing the Jill thing that season and save jessa and ben for later. Not sure if it was due to their age or other issues that jessa and ben had a longer courtship. But i think it just seemed longer bc we knew anout it before we were supposed to. In summation, since this was officially announced I think it will be quick from here. My guess is engagement announced right before season starts in feb. wedding late spring/early summer. 

Well, it does explained when Joy was stressing over the fact she does not like to wear dresses and if she got married how will that workout. Anna explained that there are dresses that are skirts. I was wondering why she should worry her pretty head about  such a thing since it will happen until she is 23. Ha

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived