IGNORED

Another Duggar courting- Joy and Austin, Pt3

SassyPants

11 hours ago, imokit said:

@trustworthy Josh and Anna did not hold hands until after they were engaged.  Shortly after engagement she was at the TTH living room and he wanted to hold her hand, he explicitly checked with JB that it was allowed before doing so, JB was very unbothered and allowed it.  After that they would sit next to each other (with plenty of space between their bodies) and hold hands very tightly, stare into each others eyes and say I love you all the time.  It was most of what they did in their engagement.  Because there was very minimal other physical contact (the occasional side hug only), they made the most out of hand holding.  Flick through some of season 1 of 17kac (pre wedding).

It was defrauding :TRUCDEOUF:

It was way more than just hand holding. There was rubbing, massaging, all sorts of shit that just looked nasty when Josh did it. And it was constant. Hand sex it was.

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

It was way more than just hand holding. There was rubbing, massaging, all sorts of shit that just looked nasty when Josh did it. And it was constant. Hand sex it was.

Oh god, I remember those episodes. I turned it on while cuddling with my boyfriend at the time and we both sat up and just stared. I don't think we held hands for week. 

17 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

My favorite hand sex moment was at the restaurant with Jana and JD (I think). They were constantly holding hands through the meal. So, so weird.

Sadly enough, I get it. Being denied real emotional-physical contact and a lot of emotions for years (no real hugs, no free expression of what you feel,...) they both must have been in heaven. Think all the feelings of being in a new relationship + being free to feel and express this + touching someone without guilt and :boom:

Still gross to watch. And of course there might be a part of showing off. 

8 hours ago, Georgiana said:

For some reason that I can't explain, the most offputting part about Josh and Anna's courtship and marriage to me, besides naturally the groom himself, is the fact that literally EVERYONE calls him Josh except her.  He is always "Joshua" to her.  It's just so formal and patriarchal and archaic and just weird that his wife uses his full name when even his much younger sisters don't.

Now if it was a case of "My name is Joshua and I go by Joshua", ok.  That's perfectly fair.  

But this is "My name is Joshua and I go by Josh to close friends and family, except to my fiancee/wife who must always refer to me as Joshua as a sign of respect or something".   

Edit:  Gross.  Now I'm wondering what his mistresses were allowed to call him.

Mr. D's best friend since they were kids has always been Steve to us. Both of his wives call/called him Steven. He's not patriarchal at all (though he prefers women that aren't smarter than him). That's just what they do...

My husband's family shortens his name to just the first 3 letters. I have never been able to bring myself to call him that. I just don't feel like it fits my husband and it would feel really weird to call him that. He's not even sure if he likes it or not. But its also weird for me to call him by his full first name too because he is "honey" to me. 

I think that when you are young and in love, you do cheesy shit. I think Anna was probably calling him Joshua because everyone else calls him Josh. And Joshua is just for her to call him.  Like it's more special. It sounds lame but they were 20. Of course they did lame stuff. Like that horrid Josh pillow :pb_rollseyes:

There was an episode of The Office where Michael and Holly were having gross hand sex at work and I wonder if the writer was inspired by the Duggars. I can't say I've seen hand sex anywhere other than those two shows.

Re names, my DH uses his full name but in high school he went through a period where he shortened it. I've always called him by his full name and was "corrected" by a (female) friend of his who very kindly explained that only his mom calls him by the full name. Still regret not bitch-slapping her.

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think that when you are young and in love, you do cheesy shit. I think Anna was probably calling him Joshua because everyone else calls him Josh. And Joshua is just for her to call him.  Like it's more special. It sounds lame but they were 20. Of course they did lame stuff. Like that horrid Josh pillow :pb_rollseyes:

OMG, the pillow. That was so awful. I've noticed the pillow tradition has continued with the Duggar girls, though not as prominently. I wouldn't put a picture of Joshley on my dog's pillow, much less on one of mine.

3 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

OMG, the pillow. That was so awful. I've noticed the pillow tradition has continued with the Duggar girls, though not as prominently. I wouldn't put a picture of Joshley on my dog's pillow, much less on one of mine.

I could be persuaded to put a picture of him in the furbabies litter boxes if not for the fact that I wouldn't want them to avoid it and create messes elsewhere ☺️

15 minutes ago, Lurky said:

I loved the Kid Farm take on the handsex:

That was more entertaining than any of the Duggar episodes I've seen.

On 12/22/2016 at 4:22 PM, Georgiana said:

But this is "My name is Joshua and I go by Josh to close friends and family, except to my fiancee/wife who must always refer to me as Joshua as a sign of respect or something".   

Edit:  Gross.  Now I'm wondering what his mistresses were allowed to call him.

I believe it was "Joe".

As a former fundie who accepted the "doctrine" of waiting till marriage to have sex, I was soooo jealous of the priests daughter who got married at 19, and was a few months shy of being a teenage mother (in typical fundie fashion she conceived the first ovulation after the wedding). 

I, on the other hand, had no prospects, since we had no eligible men in the church at the time. There were a few suitors who "applied" through the priest but they were older, and shorter than me (I was a bit shallow at the time but I was a fundie teen so... comes with the territory basically when you have no dating experience and have no idea what you like) so I held out.

Looking back it's so incredibly ridiculous, but I felt like a total old maid when I got hitched at 22. 

And at that point I made an incredibly poor choice because I was so desperate to have sex. And since I was "waiting till marriage" the only guy who would agree to those conditions ended up being an atrocious match for me sexually once we were married and could finally get it on. Ugh. 

3 hours ago, formerhsfundie said:

As a former fundie who accepted the "doctrine" of waiting till marriage to have sex, I was soooo jealous of the priests daughter who got married at 19, and was a few months shy of being a teenage mother (in typical fundie fashion she conceived the first ovulation after the wedding)...

Looking back it's so incredibly ridiculous, but I felt like a total old maid when I got hitched at 22.

I should add that that was in 2007... 

I bring up my example because we can't know for sure what Joy is thinking, but since she's been totally isolated in this madness of fundiedom she probably thinks she is totally ahead of the game right now... hence her snarky comments of how strict their courtship rules are, currying favor with both sets of parents. It's so twisted and removed from reality it makes me sick! She really has no idea what's in store for her.

Was sharing bites of pickle their way of swapping spit since they weren't allowed to kiss? 

Also.. Josh on the merry-go-round was hilarious.

Wow. I was checking out that instagram post of krista and Jinger from Jinger's wedding and there was a comment from none other than...drumroll...becky m. asking krista to intercede with jinger on behalf of her adoring fans who are desperate for an update on the young couple's married life. 

that is a new level of intrusiveness.  becky m is just too much. i want a thread just to follow her exploits. 

This is outright stalking behavior. I would not be surprised if Becky escalated even further.

3 hours ago, picklepizzas said:

Wow. I was checking out that instagram post of krista and Jinger from Jinger's wedding and there was a comment from none other than...drumroll...becky m. asking krista to intercede with jinger on behalf of her adoring fans who are desperate for an update on the young couple's married life. 

that is a new level of intrusiveness.  becky m is just too much. i want a thread just to follow her exploits. 

Has anyone figured out if Becky actually knows the Duggars? I remember reading out the creppy things she said to the Bates...but I can't remember if she actually knows them? Is she part of ATI???

1 hour ago, Destiny said:

Wait what? Who is Becky and what is she doing? Is she a FJr?

The most I know is that Becky is a Duggar/Bates fan who wants to be really close to the Duggars and Bateses. She follows on Instagram people who are connected to Bates/Duggar family members and begs them to deliver messages to said members. Some of these exchanges are documented on here if you search Becky M.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived