IGNORED

Another Duggar courting- Joy and Austin, Pt3

SassyPants

15 hours ago, Iokaste said:

Why do people keep sayning that? Long hair and a wavy skirts does not a hippie make!  

Sorry, style, hippy style.  Not literal hippies

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't help thinking Joy will not like wedding planning or even enjoy aspects of her 'big day'. She knows she has to wear a dress, right? (Unless she opts for a two piece outfit, which I have seen, but would she go outside of the norm like that?) How will she react to being the centre of attention?

I think she wil probably enjoy the reception. But I have trouble seeing her care about fussy details. I'm guessing she will just let her sisters take over. 

I think all you smart FJerrs are absolutely right about the financial benefit to both patriarchs coming out of this. I'm still hoping they stretch out the engagement because of her age so that they have a late summer or harvest wedding. But that is probably too much to hope!

6 hours ago, PainfullyAware said:

I can't help thinking Joy will not like wedding planning or even enjoy aspects of her 'big day'. She knows she has to wear a dress, right? (Unless she opts for a two piece outfit, which I have seen, but would she go outside of the norm like that?) How will she react to being the centre of attention?

I think she wil probably enjoy the reception. But I have trouble seeing her care about fussy details. I'm guessing she will just let her sisters take over. 

I think all you smart FJerrs are absolutely right about the financial benefit to both patriarchs coming out of this. I'm still hoping they stretch out the engagement because of her age so that they have a late summer or harvest wedding. But that is probably too much to hope!

I think Joy is easily bullied by her older sisters. They enjoy telling her what she should do and like and she is polite enough to go along with it. She'll have the white dress and whole nine yards.

11 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I think Joy is easily bullied by her older sisters. They enjoy telling her what she should do and like and she is polite enough to go along with it. She'll have the white dress and whole nine yards.

Joy may not want to toe the party line - but It seems they all HAVE to now despite if they don't want to 

Joy may be a tomboy but she HAS FOUND THE ONE 

so that is all gone to hell 

16 minutes ago, nst said:

Joy may not want to toe the party line - but It seems they all HAVE to now despite if they don't want to 

Joy may be a tomboy but she HAS FOUND THE ONE 

so that is all gone to hell 

I hope Anna will have her corner on this.

Is there a fundy getting married in Arkansas? Krista isn't really a fundy but I wonder who she's talking about? Wouldn't it be hilarious if it was Joy lol?!

IMG_1601.PNG

On 12/7/2016 at 8:39 AM, Coconut Flan said:

But they do more often that not over the course of JB and M's married life.  When Josh was called before the church, they were attending a small IFB church near them.  Currently they are attending a different small IFB church.  The pastor has seven kids and the church has a website.  I can't remember the name at the moment.

The camp has a chapel but they'd be restricted to just a few families there.  I can see them borrowing the closest mega-Baptist church for the ceremony and holding the reception at the camp.

That's what I think they might do, as the reason they might not use the chapel at the camp is that it looks too small for the Duggars and their megafamily fundie friends they would invite. I think they might have the outdoor reception there at the very least.

42 minutes ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

Is there a fundy getting married in Arkansas? Krista isn't really a fundy but I wonder who she's talking about? Wouldn't it be hilarious if it was Joy lol?!

If it's Joy already, wow, that escalated quickly!

17 minutes ago, CorruptionInc. said:

If it's Joy already, wow, that escalated quickly!

You know what, I guess anything is possible! When I saw the post I immediately thought Joy, but I'm someone who likes to rush to conclusions. Krista also didn't specify when this wedding was. She could of booked it for late December or for next year in Jan or Feb. Probably next year though. If I had to go to a wedding late December, booking it around this time seems kind of late. 

Weird to see a girl who can choose between a future in event planning or law school hanging out with girls whose only choices for the future are between cake or root beer floats at the wedding...

2 hours ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

IMG_1601.PNG

The way that they're holding each other in this picture makes it seem like they're close, like actually close friends. I hadn't realized they were that close before. 

That Instagram post is referencing the Day Family, Marcus and Leah and their 8 kids. Maybe one of those kids getting married though they haven't been married 20 years yet. That's all the info I could glean because the Instagram is private.

I think Krista is close to the older Duggar sisters.  I believe she helped plan JInger's wedding.

24 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

That Instagram post is referencing the Day Family, Marcus and Leah and their 8 kids. Maybe one of those kids getting married though they haven't been married 20 years yet. That's all the info I could gleam because the Instagram is private.

I think Krista is close to the older Duggar sisters.  I believe she helped plan JInger's wedding.

She just updated her post. I think she's going to a friend from college's graduation. 

2 hours ago, newyorkgirl52 said:

The way that they're holding each other in this picture makes it seem like they're close, like actually close friends. I hadn't realized they were that close before. 

The look on Jinger's face just screams: Once this day is over I'm so outta that family!

On 12/7/2016 at 8:21 AM, Iokaste said:

Why not? They don't regularly attend church in a designated churchbuilding and an outdoor western themed-wedding, perhaps even old timey/Little House on the Praire'esque,  would be different enough that people might actually tune in to watch it? 

Yeah, they can all wear their old prairie jumpers as the bridesmaid's dresses  :)

1 hour ago, newyorkgirl52 said:

She just updated her post. I think she's going to a friend from college's graduation. 

Yeah, she's in her twenties and lived in AK for a while. She knows plenty of non-Duggars who could be getting married.

4 hours ago, nickelodeon said:

Weird to see a girl who can choose between a future in event planning or law school hanging out with girls whose only choices for the future are between cake or root beer floats at the wedding...

Not so fast....cupcakes too (or do those count as cake).

On December 7, 2016 at 6:23 AM, imokit said:

A Joy wedding will be late spring before the season and designed so that she pops out a baby in Winter.  Thus enabling a full summer's work out of her (before she gets to pregnant) and some of the following summer (the baby will be a few months old, and so she'll have enough sleep to be expected to work again).

If she worked all summer before becoming pregnant she would have a late spring/early summer baby and wouldn't really be able to work much the following summer. A May wedding and an August/September pregnancy would mean a May/June due date. I see these women as just working through the exhaustion and morning sickness of the first trimester anyway then putting their babies in a play pen and continuing to do whatever is expected of them.

42 minutes ago, pancakes said:

If she worked all summer before becoming pregnant she would have a late spring/early summer baby and wouldn't really be able to work much the following summer. A May wedding and an August/September pregnancy would mean a May/June due date. I see these women as just working through the exhaustion and morning sickness of the first trimester anyway then putting their babies in a play pen and continuing to do whatever is expected of them.

That is pretty much what every mom does, it isn't exclusive to fundies. You work either at home or outside the home and you do it sick and or tired and exhausted and sick and you just do it.  

14 hours ago, anotherone said:

Yeah, they can all wear their old prairie jumpers as the bridesmaid's dresses  :)

Let's hope its the Panda ones. With Goth make up.....Panda zombie goth bride!

Just curious--it seems to me that marriage licenses should be public record. So have the Duggar girls applied AFTER they married? Just curious--that should be a great tipoff. If i recall one scene of Jill or Jessa or whoever going to get their license showed her wearing her wedding ring--re-enacting the event.

3 hours ago, HereticHick said:

I think Joy is going to wear cowboy boots with her wedding dress.  

That's what Jessa did, right?

I see Joy in plain white rubber flip flops. Or barefoot. 

I was thinking I read somewhere Jessa went barefoot as well? I know she did cowboy boots for her rehearsal or the engagement pictures.  I just hope Joy takes a cue from JinJer and doesn't bolt down the church aisle like Jill and Jess after the I do's

While I do think it's very possible, even likely, that Joy and Austin are already engaged, I don't think the Duggars would skew the timeline so much as to have them get married before the engagement is officially announced. Especially not with loudmouth "friends" like J-Rod. 

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived