IGNORED

Counting On Season Two - Part 7

Destiny

23 hours ago, karen77 said:

Bae in danish is poop....   so, Poop of Fundie

What about Fundie S--t?  Oh! Is that is reserved for JBoob?

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, buggers said:

That annoyed me too. It felt like TLC was testing the waters with letting all the other duggars on camera. I have a feeling that Counting On could easily slide back into 19 Kids and Counting format over time. 

Honestly, Counting on is just not interesting. It is obvious there is no material other than a wedding episode. The married kids are not interesting enough to carry a show.  19kids was interesting, in the beginning, because the entire family was so odd. The unemployed married kids and their spouses are boring as F***. TLC has to manufacture a storyline because there is nothing going on in their lives worth filming. They are less interesting than other young couples because other couples actually have jobs, school, friends, interests, etc. You can find a storyline. Nothing to be found here when your only interactions are with your family. 

It was a beautiful wedding, but I was shocked by the sudden ending of the episode. Actually, I thought something was wrong with my TV at first. All the other weddings televised the "receptions", so I was really surprised that this half-decent affair (food and speeches) was not shown at all. I wonder was its omission related to whatever Jinger looked upset about coming out of the church...

12 minutes ago, Galbin said:

It was a beautiful wedding, but I was shocked by the sudden ending of the episode. Actually, I thought something was wrong with my TV at first. All the other weddings televised the "receptions", so I was really surprised that this half-decent affair (food and speeches) was not shown at all. I wonder was its omission related to whatever Jinger looked upset about coming out of the church...

TLC will show all the planning leading up to wedding next season.  I imagine they'll air the wedding again with footage of the reception too. 

11 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

TLC will show all the planning leading up to wedding next season.  I imagine they'll air the wedding again with footage of the reception too. 

and probably the honeymoon and pregnancy reveal in February 

On 11/17/2016 at 6:52 PM, ClaraOswin said:

Jill was not the matron of honor at Derick's brother's wedding. In the photo she's pretty far down the line.

Sorry if it was already posted but I was wondering where Dan's wedding pictures were posted.

On 11/19/2016 at 4:23 AM, PartriarchydefyinValkarie said:

At least she got a.... :kitty-shifty:

'negligee' :pb_lol:

tumblr_ogpm5nayZY1r9t2zdo4_540.jpg

That is a face that screams "I simultaneously appreciate your generosity and question your taste".

On 11/16/2016 at 9:06 AM, backyard sylph said:

I've been wondering about this. Grandma Vuolo said she married into an Italian family and had to learn to cook the food. So does Jeremy just have one grandparent of Italian descent, or does his mother have some of that background, as well? People like to go on about his Italian heritage, but if it's just Grandpa, that's nice, but not the reigning thing.

I loved my dad, but was always a touch bitter my mom didn't marry another kid (when she was 19, btw) with immigrant parents. ;-) When I was young, there was a bit of "you're only half," from some cousins, etc. Not that you could tell from looking at me or my brothers that Dad was mostly from English/German people.

Yeah, you really can't tell from the last name. I have some good friends with incredibly Irish names (including last name, not just the now-popular Irish first names) and their mothers were Italian. Or at least had Italian last names from Their fathers--really, who knows? As an example, I once covered the graduation of an Orthodox Jewish, partially boarding, high school for girls and the valedictorian was Rose McSweeney.

3 hours ago, patsymae said:

Yeah, you really can't tell from the last name. I have some good friends with incredibly Irish names (including last name, not just the now-popular Irish first names) and their mothers were Italian. Or at least had Italian last names from Their fathers--really, who knows? As an example, I once covered the graduation of an Orthodox Jewish, partially boarding, high school for girls and the valedictorian was Rose McSweeney.

Also, sometimes people change their last names or had them changed due to prejudice or a desire to assimilate (or their names were foisted upon them by oppressors, which is why you see countries like Ghana having one president named Kwame Nkrumah, and another named John Mills). I have a very Anglo-Saxon last name, but my family is Russian Jewish (dad's side) and Polish and Italian (mom's side). The Anglo-Saxon last name is what it is because my grandfather was worried that his very Russian Jewish last name would make him and his children a target for Anti-Semitic prejudice. So he changed it to something less "Jewish-sounding". Oddly enough, years later I got made fun of at Jewish summer camp because my last name meant I wasn't a "real Jew".

14 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

She must have liked it well enough.  That's the dress she wore in this honeymoon video.  http://www.jingerandjeremy.com/2016/11/vuolo-honeymoon/

Ha! Even if Jinger didn't like it she would HAVE to wear it otherwise she may expose she knows of emotions outside of happy.

On 11/19/2016 at 9:40 AM, nickelodeon said:

No you guys, Derick busting in and ruining the wedding was a dramatic rehearsal of the way that he figuratively busted in and ruined the weddings of hundreds of Americans by voting for the marriage-rights-denying Trump/Pence. It was performance art.

I love you. Just needed to say that.

On 11/19/2016 at 9:53 AM, Lurky said:

Hahahaha!

I've just been seeing people complaining about poor Mike Pence being booed at the Hamilton musical, and even people saying the cast shouldn't have called him out.... because that's so much worse than the fact he wants to rip away so many rights from the cast, but get to enjoy their work when he wants to...?  So I am adoring this comment x10000!

IMG_4472.JPG

So, technically Pence wasn't the one complaining. But still. :pb_lol:

And I'm done with distracting from the marriage of "Fundie Spice Girl" and "Bend It Like Beckham" now. Carry on.

UGH I'm so pissed to read we ARE going to be forced to watch all the damned wedding planning b.s. for the umpteenth time only this time, WOW! How original!! AFTER the wedding has taken place. Oh please NO NO NO NO NO. Just start the season with Joy/Austin heading out of the church to make a baby and show us something NEW. Show us anything but more damned wedding planning--UNLESS it's one of the boys getting married.

4 minutes ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

UGH I'm so pissed to read we ARE going to be forced to watch all the damned wedding planning b.s. for the umpteenth time only this time, WOW! How original!! AFTER the wedding has taken place. Oh please NO NO NO NO NO. Just start the season with Joy/Austin heading out of the church to make a baby and show us something NEW. Show us anything but more damned wedding planning--UNLESS it's one of the boys getting married.

actually it could be quite entertaining - rewatch all of jessa's and se ehow manic she was and then watch the wedding and laugh - same with jill 

it's like a backwards baseball hat thing 

wait it s Ben 

12 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

She must have liked it well enough.  That's the dress she wore in this honeymoon video.  http://www.jingerandjeremy.com/2016/11/vuolo-honeymoon/

I hadn't seen this site before (didn't know/care that it had existed), so I thank you for posting the link. And you know what? I liked the wedding dress pictures, & actually thought Michelle's dress was pretty, too. I also liked the bridesmaid's dresses, too, but was not a fan of all of the colors.

Maybe with each subsequent wedding Michelle's dress is improving?   :: shrugs ::

:: getting off of the Duggar speculation soapbox ::

3 minutes ago, nst said:

actually it could be quite entertaining - rewatch all of jessa's and se ehow manic she was and then watch the wedding and laugh - same with jill 

it's like a backwards baseball hat thing 

wait it s Ben 

I stand by JUST NO lol....

I want to see a boy insist on  an all used wedding and see the parade of horrible dresses  like on the Kid Farm (I can't find that scene--remember when she buys the wedding dress??)

Shopping is great. I do hope we get to see Jinger buying her dress. And then, they were supposedly custom......so a whole other concept for the purchase. So much shallow fun for me. 

What was up with John David during the pictures with all the groomsmen? He was standing so awkwardly with one leg forward?! 

Johanna looked depressed.

Jennifer looked like she was just space filler.

I tried my hardest to find Josh and the M kids (minus the boy that potentially could have been Marcus) - unsuccessful.

Derrick is such a child, Jilly and him fit nicely together. 

9 minutes ago, SummerRocks said:

What was up with John David during the pictures with all the groomsmen? He was standing so awkwardly with one leg forward?! 

Johanna looked depressed.

Jennifer looked like she was just space filler.

I tried my hardest to find Josh and the M kids (minus the boy that potentially could have been Marcus) - unsuccessful.

Derrick is such a child, Jilly and him fit nicely together. 

Johanna, Jennifer and Jordan = the lost and forgotten girls. Only St. Josie exists.

15 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Also, sometimes people change their last names or had them changed due to prejudice or a desire to assimilate (or their names were foisted upon them by oppressors, which is why you see countries like Ghana having one president named Kwame Nkrumah, and another named John Mills). I have a very Anglo-Saxon last name, but my family is Russian Jewish (dad's side) and Polish and Italian (mom's side). The Anglo-Saxon last name is what it is because my grandfather was worried that his very Russian Jewish last name would make him and his children a target for Anti-Semitic prejudice. So he changed it to something less "Jewish-sounding". Oddly enough, years later I got made fun of at Jewish summer camp because my last name meant I wasn't a "real Jew".

I can relate. My grandfather changed his last name because he couldn't get a job in the south due to having a Jewish name. I always feel weird when people talk about Jewish-sounding last names. I sort of feel like I have to defend myself or something. It's like I have to say, "I swear I'm Jewish! You just can't tell based on my name!"

1 hour ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

Johanna, Jennifer and Jordan = the lost and forgotten girls. Only St. Josie exists.

Johanna might get promoted to J-Slave now that Joy is courting and Jinger is gone. She might be Jana's new talking head buddy. 

I used to love the Hannie & Jackson talking heads. Hannie who we saw born on the show with Jana who has always been voice of old and responsible will be weird.  Maybe they'll go back to basics.  Jana & John.  Hannie, Jennie and Jackson.

I don't think there have been any talking heads with the younger kids since it became just 'Counting On'.  It's supposed to be just about the older kids now. There have been some couch sessions with Jed/Jeer but they're almost 18.

11 minutes ago, imokit said:

I used to love the Hannie & Jackson talking heads. Hannie who we saw born on the show with Jana who has always been voice of old and responsible will be weird.  Maybe they'll go back to basics.  Jana & John.  Hannie, Jennie and Jackson.

I loved the Joy and Josiah ones! 

Archived