IGNORED

Counting On Season Two - Part 7

Destiny

On 11/17/2016 at 7:23 AM, mango_fandango said:

I have to agree with some commenters about Boob. He is an ass of the highest degree, but he seems to care about his children in a way Meechelle does not. Which isn't hard- Meechelle checked out aaaaaaaaaaaages ago. (I'm not praising Boob in any way, just saying that he seems to be more connected, which as I just said is not hard.)

I don't know if that makes him better.  I remember talking to my dad about my paternal grandparents (who were then divorced) and mentioned how it was funny that my dad said my Grandma did all the cooking when he was growing up when she clearly didn't enjoy it that much and my Grandpa was clearly better at it and did enjoy.  He pointed out that not having to be responsible for cooking for a family of 5 3 times a day, everyday of the year may be the reason why I was seeing what I did when they were older.  To me , that could explain the difference between Jim Bob and Michelle.  It's easier to seem more into something when you aren't dealing with it day in and day out.  He could always go out and work and decide not to be responsible for most of the discipline and teaching and parenting because that's not his 'job'.  

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Natalie22 said:

I don't know if that makes him better.  I remember talking to my dad about my paternal grandparents (who were then divorced) and mentioned how it was funny that my dad said my Grandma did all the cooking when he was growing up when she clearly didn't enjoy it that much and my Grandpa was clearly better at it and did enjoy.  He pointed out that not having to be responsible for cooking for a family of 5 3 times a day, everyday of the year may be the reason why I was seeing what I did when they were older.  To me , that could explain the difference between Jim Bob and Michelle.  It's easier to seem more into something when you aren't dealing with it day in and day out.  He could always go out and work and decide not to be responsible for most of the discipline and teaching and parenting because that's not his 'job'.  

AGREED on everything!

I think Michelle has checked out years ago (probably after her breakdown in the laundry room, when they had 7 little ones) and every normal human being would have the same or a similar reaction to cope with a situation like that if you are trapped in a cult with no way of getting out because of the 7 children and number 8 on the way.

Michelle was around 21 when she got trapped in the cult, still an age where you can be impressed with such a thing if desperate enough. JB never had the full burden of being a fertile woman in that cult even though he probably was involved at the beginning. Michelle did have the full burden at one point in time. I bet she never thought she would be that fertile and thought she would end up with  6-8 kids maybe. When she realized she had a birth rate that would give her more than 15 children she broke down. can you imagine being in your late 20's and having 7 small children knowing it will continue for about 15 more years?

I have to say I always had the feeling JB preyed on an insecure girl when he met Michelle and that he is the manipulator in their relationship. He is smarter than Michelle and there is a 2 year gap between them, which was a lot when they were 17 and 19.

38 minutes ago, eveandadam said:

I have to say I always had the feeling JB preyed on an insecure girl when he met Michelle and that he is the manipulator in their relationship. He is smarter than Michelle and there is a 2 year gap between them, which was a lot when they were 17 and 19.

That easily what could have happen. Michelle may not have any kind of direction in life when she met JB. He saw a valuable girl and realize he could convert her. 

I have never seen JB as having preyed on Michelle. She has always seemed like the smart one of the two.  I always felt she was the driving force in that relationship and their Gothard obsession. We snark on JB but I have always thought it was obvious that he adores her would likely do whatever she wants because she is the cheerleader he is so proud of having married. Gothard beliefs elevate Michelle to saint levels in JB's eyes.  I have always thought that if Michelle wanted to stop having kids, use birth control again or send the kids to school, he would agree because she wanted it. Michelle has never seemed meek to me, more she knows how to get JB to do what she wants and let him think it was his idea. 

On 12/16/2016 at 9:35 AM, eveandadam said:

AGREED on everything!

I think Michelle has checked out years ago (probably after her breakdown in the laundry room, when they had 7 little ones) and every normal human being would have the same or a similar reaction to cope with a situation like that if you are trapped in a cult with no way of getting out because of the 7 children and number 8 on the way.

Michelle was around 21 when she got trapped in the cult, still an age where you can be impressed with such a thing if desperate enough. JB never had the full burden of being a fertile woman in that cult even though he probably was involved at the beginning. Michelle did have the full burden at one point in time. I bet she never thought she would be that fertile and thought she would end up with  6-8 kids maybe. When she realized she had a birth rate that would give her more than 15 children she broke down. can you imagine being in your late 20's and having 7 small children knowing it will continue for about 15 more years?

Actually, they are just over a year apart in age. Boob's birthday is July '65, Michelle's Sept. '66. They got married in August, which accounts for him being 19 and Michelle 17 at the time of their marriage; it was just the month between their birthdays. 

My boyfriend at that age was a year younger than me. To be honest, at the end of high school and after graduation, I had friends even two years older or younger, and it made little difference. As far as that relationship went, we moved in together not long after he graduated (we both had good, full-time jobs...neither of us went directly to college, although I did graduate with honors long after we broke up). The relationship lasted until our mid-20's, when we had decidedly grown apart. He wanted to continue partying with his buddies; I was over that. We came *this* close to getting engaged, but thankfully never went through with it. But it had nothing do with age; it had everything to do with compatibility. 

Oh my. I know I'm like a month behind on this, but I watched JinJer's wedding last night with my bestie who turned me onto the Duggars in the first place (she dropped cable, so we watched it a month late at my house), and holy crap, what a shit show! Not necessarily the ceremony (I thought the short and sweet thing was really nice, compared to the 40 minute yawn fest of Jessa and Benjermin's), but the sheer amount of unnecessary Michelle screen time that was wedged in. Seriously. Who gives a shit that Josie gets her flower girl crown from one of the ICU nurses that worked with her? That has NOTHING to do with Jinger or Jeremy, and everything to do with J'Chelle getting her overly bronzed face in front of the camera. I thought the handkerchief was a nice gift to Jim Bob and such a sweet moment between father and daughter, and that was ruined by J'Chelle wedging herself right into the center of the screen with her fake tears. UGHHHHH.

I'm going to watch the wedding dress episode next season (I'm a sucker for pretty dresses), and then I'm DONE until Joy's wedding pops up around June/July...

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw a ad for the new season. They're teasing twins for Ben and Jessa. There was nothing about Jill and Derick, I don't think I saw them in the cast photo(Austin and Jeremy where there). I could be wrong about that.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.tlc.com/tlcme/counting-on-returns-on-a-new-night-get-a-first-look/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=countingontlc&sf50119371=1

Here's a new teaser with some new scenes:

Ben performs on stage with Flame at a hip hop concert. I don't think he will be rapping, he'll probably be on stage for a few minutes to be introduced to the crowd. I think mainly he will be hanging out back stage and assisting Flame. He wore a backstage pass around his neck. It looked like a huge outdoor crowd.

Derrick goes for a run (outside) while Jill is riding a bike with Izzy behind her. Derrick starts throwing up/gagging and goes to the doctor (thank God-- he's under a doctor's care!)

The promo kinda suggests we will get Jinger's wedding episode again... how fascinating... :my_rolleyes:

Ben working with Flame will probably be pretty snarkworthy - I hope he will try and rap again!!!

Derrick choking/gagging/almost throwing up - eeeeeeeewwwww. Why? Oh, right. It's the Duggars. Anything for those $$$

No new Joy/Austin footage. One good thing about their courtship is that they don't pimp out the other singles that much. At least not in the promo...

Posted this by accident on the Duggars by the Dozen topic and meant to add it here! 

So reading another thread and they have the promotional shot of them for the upcoming season.  Something looked off and when I enlarged it, saw it! 

Ummm WTF, seriously, Austin can't put his arm around her for a picture without Josiah's hand between them with everyone there as a 'chaperone'???   Plus, Josiah's hand is not in the best place ... awkward!

wtf.jpg

In that photo it seems Jeremy is holding Jinger very close; almost like he's in protective mode over her 

also Dullard looks like he's about to flip his hair back and say 'because you're worth it' 

4 minutes ago, BlessaYourHeart said:

also Dullard looks like he's about to flip his hair back and say 'because you're worth it' 

Haha that was my first thought, too! :D

These promo shots are always awful lol. I see Derick is using the ol' hostage grip on his wife. Jin/Jer are the only normal looking people here.

4 minutes ago, cptbailey said:

These promo shots are always awful lol. I see Derick is using the ol' hostage grip on his wife. Jin/Jer are the only normal looking people here.

And neither of them looks especially thrilled about being there...go figure!

25 minutes ago, Mrs.Right said:

NIKE! Jinger is showing some kneecaps. Oh my!

yup, tickles me no end :D

I'm fairly convinced that they were photoshopped in later. They don't match anyone else.

20 minutes ago, Destiny said:

I'm fairly convinced that they were photoshopped in later. They don't match anyone else.

It looked that way to me too but I remember seeing another picture from this photo shoot earlier where Jinger is standing on the right between Jessa and I think Jana.  I'll need to hunt that down.

That doctor was their fundie doctor friend, the one whose wife inspired the "doula for destiny" title on FJ.

Fundie or not, at least he is a real doctor.

That doctor was their fundie doctor friend, the one whose wife inspired the "doula for destiny" title on FJ.

I hate that title lol. It catches my eye every time I see it. It has nothing to do with me ftr.

Like seeing that picture because the girls seem to be moving away from the long skirts. Maybe soon Jill will adapt to the newer look. It is a somewhat peculiar picture. Love Jana's look, classy.

31 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

Yeah, as long as he's not giving out fraudulent scripts for pain meds anymore or getting his license revoked.

7 minutes ago, choralcrusader8613 said:

Yeah, as long as he's not giving out fraudulent scripts for pain meds anymore or getting his license revoked.

And thank goodness he's not, because that was a really difficult time for his family and friends.

That picture is just hilariously bad. I can't decide who looks the worst. Maybe Joe.

But what the hell is wrong with Jessa and Ben?!

Archived