IGNORED

Counting On Season Two - Part 7

Destiny

I think Johannah has probably been groomed to be a J-slave since Jeremy entered the picture if not before.  They have probably been grooming her for at least most of the past year.  Not only was she 10 at that point and old enough to help in the kitchen but they needed her trained for when Jinger started to take advantage of the courting loop hole that allows her to walk around not doing anything.  Since we know Jinger basically became useless in the late Spring if not sooner, she's probably been burning rolls and making bread for months.  I'm also betting at least Jenny if not Jordyn have been asked to step up as well.  Jinger is out of the house and Joy is now ignoring everything but her phone.  We saw her playing on her phone in the church while they were supposed to be taking pictures.  I'm betting making TTC is not at the top of her list any more.  Jana is going to be forced to train and supervise the 4 little girls while they learn to be Jslaves.  

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

Johanna, Jennifer and Jordan = the lost and forgotten girls. Only St. Josie exists.

I think Josie is jinger's buddy. Much like how Jessa made Jordyn her only flower girl. The buddy teams go in birth order, or they used to.

jana-Josiah, Jason,johannah

jill- Joy, James,Jennifer

jessa-Jedidah, justin,Jordyn

jinger-Jeremiah,Jackson,Josie

or I'm mixing some of the lost boys up.

1 hour ago, imokit said:

I used to love the Hannie & Jackson talking heads. Hannie who we saw born on the show with Jana who has always been voice of old and responsible will be weird.  Maybe they'll go back to basics.  Jana & John.  Hannie, Jennie and Jackson.

Once was quote. Over time they began "knowing" how cute they were and started talking over each other. I got sick of it.

1 hour ago, Exjw2015deed said:

I think Josie is jinger's buddy. Much like how Jessa made Jordyn her only flower girl. The buddy teams go in birth order, or they used to.

Jana was Josie's buddy.  She was too fragile to be handed over to anyone else.  She was probably chosen to be the flower girl because she's the youngest. 

A little OT but I was perusing Not all Pickles and saw a post (it's been removed) about a Fundie blogger who claims the show (Counting On)  saved her marriage :ew:.  Did any of you guys happen to see it.  I guess she runs in that circle and would love to see some of her other stuff. 

On 11/16/2016 at 8:42 AM, Carm_88 said:

I think it's a way of trying to keep interest. You see the beautiful wedding, now see how they got there. I don't think they could keep even humpers interested in a three hour special. 

It would end past half of their bedtimes. 

5 hours ago, Exjw2015deed said:

Hannie and Josie are switched. Josie was always Jana's, and it was Jinger's turn to get #20. 

7 hours ago, Exjw2015deed said:

These are a little off. In 2011:

Jana had Jason, Jackson, Josie.

Jill had Joy, James, Jenni.

Jessa had Jer, Justin, Jordyn.

Jinger had Jed and Hannie.

1 hour ago, Kira said:

I found a few details about season 3(and TLC is bragging about "record breaking" rating for Jinger and Jeremy's wedding):

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/ratings/2016/11/21/jinger-duggar-and-jeremy-vuolo-walk-down-the-aisle-to-record-ratings-439114/20161121tlc01/

AH yes, magical numbering.  It is a "record" for THIS SHOW, which has only existed for a year.  It is a far cry from prior weddings.

We need to pay VERY special attention to this line:

The success of the night was propelled by a multiplatform content strategy. TLC teased a new Duggar courtship announcement on the show's Facebook page earlier in the afternoon and in less than a day, the video garnered approximately half a million views. The anticipation helped drive viewers to tune-in to Jinger and Jeremy's Wedding Special that evening to find out which Duggar sibling had officially began courting and to hear from the happy couple for the first time! TLC.com also captured record breaking visits to the site with the most visitors in a single day during this season of COUNTING ON.

A lot of us are very loose about clicking on the TLC Duggar videos, but these are counted.  We need to be very cautious about voting for these fools by clicking on their videos.  

From the article above:

COUNTING ON returns for a third season of family joys and dramas with all-new episodes in early 2017. A budding courtship, a new baby, and an expanded look at Jinger and Jeremy's road to the altar - from all the wedding preparations and the beautiful ceremony to the festive reception and honeymoon celebration - are just part of next season's major milestones. The 11-part run promises love, laughter and tears.

Seriously? There is so much leg humping in this paragraph that I'm feeling chafed just reading it. :leghumper:

More like:

Counting on returns for a third season of fake smiles and manufactured drama with all-new episodes of recycled content in early 2017. A courtship we already know about, yet another baby, and all the preparation for the wedding we've already seen are just a part of next season's staged milestones. The 11-part run promises enough boredom to induce tears.

17 minutes ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

Counting on returns for a third season of fake smiles and manufactured drama with all-new episodes of recycled content in early 2017. A courtship we already know about, yet another baby, and all the preparation for the wedding we've already seen are just a part of next season's staged milestones. The 11-part run promises enough boredom to induce tears.

Where's the passive aggressive summary writer that wrote about Josh on American Cable when you need them?

As your description hits the nail on the head, I think you should replace them. :) 

15 hours ago, Buzzard said:

AH yes, magical numbering.  It is a "record" for THIS SHOW, which has only existed for a year.  It is a far cry from prior weddings.

Yeah. And also this:

TLC.com also captured record breaking visits to the site with the most visitors in a single day during this season of COUNTING ON.

Uhh, yeah. That's not really much of an accomplishment, since it was the only "highlight" of a season of absolute boredom (not that I watched any of it - thanks for taking one for the team, Buzzard!)

11 hours ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

From the article above:

COUNTING ON returns for a third season of family joys and dramas with all-new episodes in early 2017. A budding courtship, a new baby, and an expanded look at Jinger and Jeremy's road to the altar - from all the wedding preparations and the beautiful ceremony to the festive reception and honeymoon celebration - are just part of next season's major milestones. The 11-part run promises love, laughter and tears.

Seriously? There is so much leg humping in this paragraph that I'm feeling chafed just reading it. :leghumper:

More like:

talk about timelines if they show stuff from August of this year onwards - but then they do this on purpose 

basically they have to come back in january because I am sure Jessa wants her birth filmed again 

i don't understand why they have to take timeline and plot line or show so many recaps is not a way to make the show working or save money...maybe Tlc People is just lazy?

12 hours ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

From the article above:

More like:

It was written  by  TLC. It's a press release                             

It is financially beneficial to TLC and other networks to have recap shows or best of shows. They don't have to pay the Duggars for it. They just take what was already filmed/paid for and make it another episode. They aren't showing any new material so they don't have to pay. Usually networks use it as a filler episode. I recall Seinfeld and Friends doing it a number of times. 

Can someone explain to me why Jeremiah's known as "JEER"? 

Another question : Who were the boys making those boutonnieres for? They  were using orange floral tape. I  saw  NO ONE  wearing one.  That was a weird scene. They were in some electrical  room on the floor. Just weird.

7 hours ago, Helena Handbaket said:

Another question : Who were the boys making those boutonnieres for? They  were using orange floral tape. I  saw  NO ONE  wearing one.  That was a weird scene. They were in some electrical  room on the floor. Just weird.

It seems a common nickname, the one I know in real life also goes by Jer.

• 3 weeks later...

Counting on was on tv and I saw the last ten minutes (it was the episode where Flame visits). I was thinking the show couldn't possibly be as dull as it sounded here but it was worse. Who watches this snoozefest?

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ...

On 11/23/2016 at 11:48 PM, Helena Handbaket said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the first time I heard it was shortly before Jinger and Jeremy's courtship announcement. If that's the case, JinJer were likely already getting to know one another. He could have been dubbed Jeer to avoid confusion with Jeremy. 

They've been calling him Jeer (which they still spell Jer) for years. I heard them use that in the early part of 19KAC, when a bunch of the kids got sick and Jill was doleing out the meds.

I think it is just their accent. They are saying "Jer" but it sounds like "Jeer". I know Pickles calls him Jeer on her FB page to make fun of the way they say it.

Archived