IGNORED

Counting On Season Two - Part 7

Destiny

Did anyone else notice that Jinger was having difficulty putting her husband's ring on his finger? It looked like she tried to block the camera's view with her right hand as she tried to CRAM that thing on Jeremy's hand!

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The wedding was much more "elegant" than the Jill's and Jessa's. The dresses were really beautiful and I really liked how diverse Jeremy's groomsmen were. The sock thing was nice too. Jeremy has a bit of a flair to him. I have some hopes Jeremy and Jinger will live a more fundie-lite life. Overall, the wedding was quite nice.............I guess Joy is next? I think she will go barefoot like her sister mom Jill. 

This was one of the few episodes this season that I was actually able to sit through attentively.

Jinger looked really chic. I loved that her dress fit her well and that she had an actual updo. Plus that train was to die for.

Mrs Vuolo looked stunning in her dress.

Jill and Anna's dresses looked jarring lined up next to the others, but when they were all on stage together it made sense.

Less Michelle PLEASE. Agreed with the fact that the focus on Josie just felt like 19KAC again. Where Jordyn been lately? I don't even remember seeing her in this episode. Hannie didn't look too happy.

"Love her like a servant".... Eww. Still, at least they're not editing their beliefs too heavily.

When the Priest (Mr Vuolo) was going on about all the ways to love your wife, all I could think was of that Rick Springfield song, Jesse's girl- "She's watching with those eyes, and she's loving him with that body I just know it." Yup, Jinger's definitely got the watching him with those eyes bit down pat. I'm sure an announcement in a couple of months will be proof of the other part. :brainbleach:

The exit interview with Jingermy "I couldn't wait to..." "...be my wife." We all know what you really meant was that you couldn't wait to swap spit.

RIP Jinger. Soon you will be vomiting Flavorade all over social media and pumping out arrows like a medieval ammunition factory. We had so much hope for you.

Next season: YAY!! More recaps. I think the twins speculation is being played up to get people to tune in. I'm predicting a pregnancy announcement from Jill at the beginning of the season. I don't know how they'll treat Anna's. For the sake of the show she's basically a single mom, which is verboten in their world.

3 hours ago, HeadshipRegent said:

Don't kick me out but I think Joy's new bae looks like an off brand young Jake Gyllenhaal 

I vote that Austin's new nickname should be Bae of Fundie.

On 17 november 2016 at 6:10 AM, devoutjedi said:

[snip]

I see so much of myself in Jinger (it helps that our birthdays are so close!) and I hope that she achieves what she wants to and does some good in the world (not Gothard "good", real good). We don't really know who she is so it'll be interesting seeing how she portrays herself in the future. The candle moment with JinJer was pretty cute & funny. I hope she comes into her own. Her little moment at the end of the ceremony was hilarious: "I cant wait to...*licks lips*" "be my wife" "...be your wife". Lol, girl, we all know what you were thinking. Get it!

I know! I'm ten days younger than her myself. Yet, I feel I'm the older one by miles. Could be the is allowed to live independently, study at the university, and has a decent set of parents who acctually wants to prepare their child for the life out there, but who knows? :P 

ETA: of course college isn't required to be grown-up. But it bothers me so much that most fundie women (and some fundie men) are denied that oppurtunity! 

18 hours ago, Jana814 said:

The family friend of theirs the ones who taught the kids violin placed at the wedding. What is their last name again. 

Query

...is the answer to your query (couldn't help it, sorry)

Just now, Iamtheway said:

Is 1,8 millions really a good number in the US? We have things on tv that get that and we only have 10 million people ... :my_biggrin:

Its a decent number for a tuesday cable show, but my guess is that they spent a lot more money on that episode than the rest of the season.  To pull in that number and not get much more than a regular episode is kinda sad.  

20 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Its a decent number for a tuesday cable show, but my guess is that they spent a lot more money on that episode than the rest of the season.  To pull in that number and not get much more than a regular episode is kinda sad.  

I looked up some numbers and in procent of the population it's actually pretty much exactly as many viewers as Swedish TLC had for their most viewed show last week. It was Extraordinary pregnancies and roughly 50.000 people watched it. Yes, we're a small country. :)

Now I'm going to continue diving in to the numbers. Very interesting!

Two Swedish tv-shows had over 1,8 million viewers last week. In procent of population that would be equal to 58,5 million viewers in the US. 

And now I will stop my OT rambling about statistics. :)

But I might come back once the wedding is shown here. Last week while I was reading FJ there was an ad on for Counting on. 

15 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I vote that Austin's new nickname should be Bae of Fundie.

Bae in danish is poop....   so, Poop of Fundie

Derrick, Derrick, Derrick....... I sincerely hope the stunt you pulled during the wedding was previously given the "OK" by Jinger and Jeremy. I hope it was NOT the sexist corndog-waving, human-property bragging, wedding ruining moment we all witnessed.  

.........That scene where we all got  the mouth sweats from grossness and reached for one brief second to our eyes, because in that second clawing our eyes out made sense........

You know what, I don't care. That scene was gross and you're a gross person for complying to it. It wasn't cute. You suck.

2 hours ago, JemimaPuddle-Duck said:

@VeryNikeSeamstress He meant that Jeremy should love Jinger with a servant's heart, love her by serving her. 

Ah. Makes sense. It just sounded really wrong to my cynical heathen ears.

1 hour ago, PartriarchydefyinValkarie said:

At least she got a.... :kitty-shifty:

'negligee' :pb_lol:

tumblr_ogpm5nayZY1r9t2zdo4_540.jpg

Is that still her wedding updo and was the photo in the "guest house"

2 minutes ago, eveandadam said:

Is that still her wedding updo and was the photo in the "guest house"

Yes, and I do believe so.  I have to wonder since Mr. and Mrs. Vuolo didn't leave for AU right away, if they didn't stay with Jill and Derek? 

No you guys, Derick busting in and ruining the wedding was a dramatic rehearsal of the way that he figuratively busted in and ruined the weddings of hundreds of Americans by voting for the marriage-rights-denying Trump/Pence. It was performance art.

11 minutes ago, nickelodeon said:

No you guys, Derick busting in and ruining the wedding was a dramatic rehearsal of the way that he figuratively busted in and ruined the weddings of hundreds of Americans by voting for the marriage-rights-denying Trump/Pence. It was performance art.

Hahahaha!

I've just been seeing people complaining about poor Mike Pence being booed at the Hamilton musical, and even people saying the cast shouldn't have called him out.... because that's so much worse than the fact he wants to rip away so many rights from the cast, but get to enjoy their work when he wants to...?  So I am adoring this comment x10000!

On 11/18/2016 at 1:15 AM, HeadshipRegent said:

Don't kick me out but I think Joy's new bae looks like an off brand young Jake Gyllenhaal 

19 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Sorry fam, but that dude doesn't look a thing like Jake. Even the generic version

7f73e4bc5f0409bf487e28a8ff9509d3.jpg

I'm thinking more Seth Green

On 11/18/2016 at 2:19 AM, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

Less Michelle PLEASE. Agreed with the fact that the focus on Josie just felt like 19KAC again. Where Jordyn been lately? I don't even remember seeing her in this episode. Hannie didn't look too happy.

That annoyed me too. It felt like TLC was testing the waters with letting all the other duggars on camera. I have a feeling that Counting On could easily slide back into 19 Kids and Counting format over time. 

26 minutes ago, buggers said:

That annoyed me too. It felt like TLC was testing the waters with letting all the other duggars on camera. I have a feeling that Counting On could easily slide back into 19 Kids and Counting format over time. 

TLC and the Duggars do what they want and get away with it. 

Archived