IGNORED

Trump 4: Now With Less Orange Tan

Destiny

Previous thread post by @GreyhoundFanYeah, I just threw another dog toy at the TV when he said that about staying home. I'm glad she had a good retort.

::serious side-eye and thoughts of  the Greyhound pups::

That's our second toy thrown at that oddball, quick hide the toys before post coverage!

1 hour ago, GreyhoundFan said:

I'm watching the CNN review (can't stomach Faux). Drumpf is on, talking about how the polls are showing he won the debate. He is so delusional.

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, ALM7 said:

That's our second toy thrown at that oddball, quick hide the toys before post coverage!

I was wondering how many dog toys might get mangled bouncing off the TV screen tonight.  Sounds like FJ has pitching control.

5 hours ago, THERetroGamerNY said:

I'm scared. The orange clown is coming... And he thinks he can debate.

Hold me.

I honestly didn't watch the debate because my therapist is out of town this week and I was worried Trump would trigger my anxiety. Any highlights?

2 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:

I honestly didn't watch the debate because my therapist is out of town this week and I was worried Trump would trigger my anxiety. Any highlights?

Oh yeah. The idiot Trump outed himself when the issue of his tax returns came up. He said he does not pay any taxes. He acted unhinged and sniffed and snorted like a pig. Drank water like he was in the desert. Trump claimed Hillary has been dealing with ISIS all her adult life. He interrupted both Hillary and Lester, the moderator, and repeated the word "wrong" over and over. He was rude to the Lestor. He randomly brought up Rosie O'Donnell.

Hillary brought up Trump's past business failures and how he did not pay a lot of contractors, including an architect in attendance at the debate. Trump replied that maybe the guy did not do a good job and that is why he was not paid. When Hillary brought up Trump saying that he wanted the collapse to happen so he could buy up real estate, he said that is was just business. He made it known he plans to lower taxes on the wealthy. 

Trump said he was not sure if Russia was behind the recent hacks and suggested it could be some 400lb guy laying on a bed in his basement doing the hacks. He said China should start a war with North Korea. He made it known that he has no clue how appellate courts work and he wants to implement stop-and-frisk even though it has been found unconstitutional. Trump insisted it was constitutional even when told by Lestor that was not the case. Trump said Lestor was wrong. He said black and Latino people live in hell. 

Trump went on this big long winded weird rant at the end suggesting he has some really bad information that would destroy the Clinton family but he decided to not tell what he knows for the sake of Chelsea. He then claimed in a backstage interview after the debate he will probably tell everybody what the big news is at the next debate. 

Basically, the guy can't even do a 90 minute debate without acting like he has rabies. No way could he last a four year presidency. Who the actual fuck is voting for this asshole? Seriously. 

8 hours ago, Mecca said:

I think Hillary could pick up some undecided voters tonight.

Let's face it. The Trump base are flat out stupid as shit and facts mean nothing. They act like crazed fools at the rallies. I don't expect much from them. 

Yeah, that is Kayleigh. She is awful. She is stupid. Trump could murder a child on TV and she would defend him no matter what. "That kid had it coming." 

OMG Kayleigh is a 20-something (yes, really) (idiot) law student (IIRC) who has been on CNN's late evening talk (mostly Anderson Cooper's show) quite consistently as a Trump defender. I may disagree but I can take Jeffrey Lord - but Kayleigh drives me UP.A.WALL. I pretty much have to mute the TV every time she starts talking. She obviously lives in an alternate reality.

Today is looking like it's gonna be a good day! :pb_smile:

Trump had lame if not confusing and contradictory answers on a whole host of issues, including but not limited to: why he hadn’t released his income tax returns; the prospects and predicament of African Americans; his early business history as the son of wealth; whether he would benefit from the tax cuts he is proposing; and the role of Russia in hacking Americans.

After Holt bored in on Trump’s documented early support for the war in Iraq, the billionaire businessman was reduced to pleading with reporters to ask Sean Hannity of Fox News about supposed private conversations the two had had before the war started.

Sensing that he was losing the moment ― big time ― Trump began to blame the “mainstream” media for opposing him and siding with Clinton.

As I've said before, Trump's been taking lessons from Sarah Palin on how to always be the victim. :pb_rollseyes:

In response to Trump denying that Russia was behind the attacks on US computer systems, and then suggesting that a 400 pound hacker on a bed was behind it:

Rather, however, she went after Trump with all the skill of the Yale-trained lawyer she is, and did so for the most part with a wry tone that was more that of a mom talking to a 7-year old than the public scold she is often criticized for being.

:laughing-rolling: 

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-worst-debate_us_57e9e5fce4b024a52d2a3b61

Your choice in November is a petulant child, or Secretary Clinton. 

Choose wisely, my friends.

11 hours ago, Mecca said:

OK. I can sit around and snark at the Great Orange Asshole all night long, but it terrifies me to think this thin skinned, easily provoked jerk is within striking distance of sitting in the Oval Office. Any rational person that watched the debate tonight should realize he has no business leading the U.S. If he cannot handle the pressure for a few hours on a debate stage, there is no way he can handle four years of a presidency. 

He did not read the question to those polls. "IS TRUMP A DUMBASS?" 

It goes back to Hillary's point during her convention speech. Anyone who is so thin skinned that he can be baited by a tweet (or, in this case, a retort) has no business being president.

11 hours ago, louisa05 said:

I'm not concerned about him placating his base. They won't change their minds no matter what he does or says. 

I hold out hope that his general incoherence and inability to act like an adult did not sit well with the undecided voters out there. 

I agree. His base will support him no matter what. Undecided voters are the key. CNN had a focus group in Orlando that consisted of 20+ undecided voters. Most agreed that Clinton won and many were swayed to declare they'd vote for her. There were a couple who were still leaning toward Drumpf. Oh, and a petulant millennial Bernie supporter who thought they were both awful.

11 hours ago, Ali said:

The idiot in red?

If so, that is Kayleigh McEnany. I can't stand her.

She makes me almost as crazy as Drumpf. Her level of delusion is on par with his.

10 hours ago, JMarie said:

I like to watch CSPAN because they post reaction tweets and Facebook posts afterwards, and you can call in with a comment.  Two comments really stood out (I'm paraphrasing):

-- The same people who complained that eight years ago Obama wasn't experienced enough are the same people who are voting for someone with no experience

-- The presidency is not an entry-level position

For the next debate, there should be timers available so that the candidates can know when they're getting close to running out of time.  There should be an on-screen timer, so that Mr. and Ms. Americana can't say "but they're being so unfair to hiiiiiiiiim!"  And the sound guys should be able to temporarily cut the electricity to specific microphones when that two minutes are up.  Let's see Trump explode when his microphone is cut off.

He was whining after the debate that his microphone wasn't working properly. Because you know, the media hates him. I would love large timers both on stage and on screen.

9 hours ago, ALM7 said:

Previous thread post by @GreyhoundFanYeah, I just threw another dog toy at the TV when he said that about staying home. I'm glad she had a good retort.

::serious side-eye and thoughts of  the Greyhound pups::

Hey, I have to throw dog toys, I don't want to damage my TV! And my dog loves when I do it because he can chase the toys when they rebound.

I was just perusing a debate thread on another forum. Grown ass women were posting all through the debate that "my boyfriend says" and "my husband thinks"....WTF? What do they think themselves? 

Mind you, this is a forum that leans liberal, not the "up with patriarchy" forum or anything remotely religious. 

When are women going to stop it with that? 

Kayleigh McEnany graduated from Harvard law school last spring.  How on earth did she even get admitted to, let alone graduate from one of the best schools in the country???

@GreyhoundFanHusband, Velocipuppy, and I watched it on CNN last night. 18 out of the 20 undecided voters they polled said Hillary won. And I'm pretty sure that included the "petulant millenial Bernie supporter" - who, at the very least, only complained about a lack of attention to legitimate topics of importance (pretty sure her big point was campaign financing). Not the fault of either candidates or the Moderator that those topics weren't covered - they only have so much time each debate to cover a lot of ground. It's possible those topics will be covered another time.

45 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

I was just perusing a debate thread on another forum. Grown ass women were posting all through the debate that "my boyfriend says" and "my husband thinks"....WTF? What do they think themselves? 

Mind you, this is a forum that leans liberal, not the "up with patriarchy" forum or anything remotely religious. 

When are women going to stop it with that?

I do it to an extent myself at times - but more as a way to show he is a rational man who cares about the same subjects so important to me (and to the health and safety of our daughter.) And when we don't agree, I use it as a way to show that he respects me enough to debate me as an equal and he doesn't belittle my opinions - that he's secure enough in his opinions and in our relationship to act like a real man. I feel like sometimes people need a reminder that there are a ton of decent men out there because the nasty ones can be so vocal.

Its really disheartening when women make those posts without adding in anything about their own thoughts and feelings though. Like they aren't capable of forming an opinion separate from that of their spouse or significant other. I mean, share what he thinks all you want... But don't just leave it at that. Add on to it and let people know how you agree/disagree with what he thinks. 

36 minutes ago, JMarie said:

Kayleigh McEnany graduated from Harvard law school last spring.  How on earth did she even get admitted to, let alone graduate from one of the best schools in the country???

We should start demanding for her to produce her transcripts like Trump demanded President Obama do with his birth certificate. 

Kayleigh looks like she is sitting on a tack with her eyes all wide. She also nods her head up and down all the time no matter the question. 

I cannot believe there are bozos out on the media circuit this morning claiming that Trump won that debate. This further proves there are a lot of stupid people roaming among us. We truly are living within The Walking Dead. 

5 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

@GreyhoundFanHusband, Velocipuppy, and I watched it on CNN last night. 18 out of the 20 undecided voters they polled said Hillary won. And I'm pretty sure that included the "petulant millenial Bernie supporter" - who, at the very least, only complained about a lack of attention to legitimate topics of importance (pretty sure her big point was campaign financing). Not the fault of either candidates or the Moderator that those topics weren't covered - they only have so much time each debate to cover a lot of ground. It's possible those topics will be covered another time.

I do it to an extent myself at times - but more as a way to show he is a rational man who cares about the same subjects so important to me (and to the health and safety of our daughter.) And when we don't agree, I use it as a way to show that he respects me enough to debate me as an equal and he doesn't belittle my opinions - that he's secure enough in his opinions and in our relationship to act like a real man. I feel like sometimes people need a reminder that there are a ton of decent men out there because the nasty ones can be so vocal.

Its really disheartening when women make those posts without adding in anything about their own thoughts and feelings though. Like they aren't capable of forming an opinion separate from that of their spouse or significant other. I mean, share what he thinks all you want... But don't just leave it at that. Add on to it and let people know how you agree/disagree with what he thinks. 

This was like a play by play of their male partners' reactions with no mention of their own opinions. It makes my head hurt. And I called it out and they are all offended.

I saw only some bits of the debate. Personally I think it's a good thing Holt was so laissez faire it made Trump's accusations of partiality look simply ridiculous and underlined his bullying ways.

I read an article on the Washington Post titled "last night debate or the mansplaining Olympics", I don't know why I can't manage to paste the link here, it was hilarious. 

13 hours ago, JMarie said:

For the next debate, there should be timers available so that the candidates can know when they're getting close to running out of time.  There should be an on-screen timer, so that Mr. and Ms. Americana can't say "but they're being so unfair to hiiiiiiiiim!"  And the sound guys should be able to temporarily cut the electricity to specific microphones when that two minutes are up.  Let's see Trump explode when his microphone is cut off.

Well exactly.  And microphones cut off when trying to talk over someone when it isn't your two minutes.  But, that could be too much of a common sense and boundary setting deal, and besides, it's better television & ratings when shit is going down, right?  RIGHT?  Listening to someone talk about the real issues is soooo boring.  Actually, the audience AND the debaters should be able to see the 2 minute count-down clock. 

ETA: Wonder if Trump is going to try to weasel out of the next two debates, because they are rigged (or something).  His thinks the best way to debate is without a moderator.   

1 hour ago, laPapessaGiovanna said:

I saw only some bits of the debate. Personally I think it's a good thing Holt was so laissez faire it made Trump's accusations of partiality look simply ridiculous and underlined his bullying ways.

I read an article on the Washington Post titled "last night debate or the mansplaining Olympics", I don't know why I can't manage to paste the link here, it was hilarious. 

Here ya go

It was one of my favorite articles this morning too. Here's one of my favorite parts.

HOLT: Donald, let’s talk about the horrible racist birther movement that you founded and nurtured for five years.

TRUMP: Never heard of it. It’s the work of a woman, name of Patty. I just put it to rest so America could have closure.

CLINTON: (mouths) Website.

HOLT: But, like, we can agree that it was racist, right?

TRUMP: No. You know what they say about ducks. If something walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it could just be me, Donald Trump, at a debate.

HOLT: Secretary, do you have anything to add?

CLINTON: No, but thank you for that footage for my ads next month.

TRUMP: Wait, I have a story of a time I was not personally racist! “I opened a club, and really got great credit for it. No discrimination against African Americans, against Muslims, against anybody. And it’s a tremendously successful club.”

CLINTON: You literally just said that.

HOLT: Okay, how do we protect America in the cyber realm?

TRUMP: My son Barron is an accomplished hacker. Or he does something on the computer. He will save us.

CLINTON: I thought you were in favor of the Russians hacking us. Didn’t you literally ask Putin —

TRUMP: OMG! Putin? What, where, did he say something? He thinks I’m brilliant, you know.

1 hour ago, louisa05 said:

This was like a play by play of their male partners' reactions with no mention of their own opinions. It makes my head hurt. And I called it out and they are all offended.

That's just depressing. :pb_sad:

And if they're offended it's because they realize on some level that you make a good point. They just don't want to admit it.

3 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

Sensing that he was losing the moment ― big time ― Trump began to blame the “mainstream” media for opposing him and siding with Clinton.

Was he losing the moment big time or bigly? :-P

Seriously, I watched Faux News for a few minutes today. Do these people live in the same world I do? Cos that's not the debate I saw. Nor the one anyone I know saw.

Wait, he went on Faux News and said he eased up on Hillary to not hurt her feelings? FUCK THAT CONDESCENDING ASSHOLE. FUCKING FUCK I HATE HIM!

5 minutes ago, Destiny said:

Was he losing the moment big time or bigly? :-P

Seriously, I watched Faux News for a few minutes today. Do these people live in the same world I do? Cos that's not the debate I saw. Nor the one anyone I know saw.

Wait, he went on Faux News and said he eased up on her to not hurt her feelings? FUCK THAT CONDESCENDING ASSHOLE. FUCKING FUCK I HATE HIM!

Oh Destiny, I think you and I are in the same world!

He was yammering that he didn't bring up some things he wanted to because Chelsea was in the audience and he "respects" her. Yeah, right.

13 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Oh Destiny, I think you and I are in the same world!

He was yammering that he didn't bring up some things he wanted to because Chelsea was in the audience and he "respects" her. Yeah, right.

If he respected her then he wouldn't threaten to use her father's affairs to earn cheap political points against her mother.

Or, if he actually respected Chelsea he wouldn't act like she's a fucking delicate flower that has to be protected by the "big strong man" on stage. If he respected her, he would realize she's a strong woman who is more than capable of hearing nasty things said about her parents during election cycles and that she's spent most her life hearing those things said. And that she has the grace and dignity to defend them or herself if needed. No protection from Cinnamon Hitler needed.

4 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Or, if he actually respected Chelsea he wouldn't act like she's a fucking delicate flower that has to be protected by the "big strong man" on stage. If he respected her, he would realize she's a strong woman who is more than capable of hearing nasty things said about her parents during election cycles and that she's spent most her life hearing those things said. And that she has the grace and dignity to defend them or herself if needed. No protection from Cinnamon Hitler needed.

Yeah. That. Seriously, Chelsea does not need Donald MOTHERFUCKING Trump white knighting her. She's capable of dealing all on her own. Asshole.

If anyone is a delicate little flower and needs protecting in this equation, it is Dusty Cheeto. The asshole is all over Fox News whining that Lester Holt is after him and the whole debate has been rigged for Hillary. Funny. Last night in the spin room at CNN Dump said he felt Lester did an amazing job and the questions were fair. I guess he took a look at those polls and is having a meltdown. Take a nap, asshole. 

The more I think about this the madder I get. What the actual fuck does Bill Clinton's philandering have to do with Hillary Clinton's ability to be president? Look, I've been cheated on. In the 90s in fact. Does that mean I'm not competent to have a job running servers? Why? What an incredibly sexist idea, separate from the white knighting.

Edit: I would consider cheating relevant if someone is running on a holier than thou family values platform with bonus discrimination. Hillary is not doing that. So how is her husband's behaviour relevant? The only answer I can come up with is cos she has no penis and so her husband is gonna, what? Run the thing behind the scenes?

It is completely irrelevant, @Destiny.  And, what a dick. Why, even his minion Kayleigh McEnany predicted he would not bring up the subject. Hillary must have been what-the-fuck?-ing to herself throughout the whole debate. 

She's .... something. I think Kayleigh lives on a different dimensional earth and watched a different debate than I did.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived