IGNORED

Rembis Fam: 11 kids, CPS, antivax, homeschool, CPS

Howl

It is a conference for Jesus!  That trumps any ol' silly job thing!

Haven't they done this a few times?  They seem determined to make CPS and the foster families the bad guys to the detriment of the kids' mental health,  it seems like.  They were upset a child was told they wouldn't allow her to go to church with the others,  and implied that anyone else should take the blame,  but the parents who said no.   They throw fits at a hospital when a child was there, instead of being comforting and matter of fact.   Now - neener neener we get to go to see your favorite band and you don't because CPS won't let you (oh and we don't have another ticket). 

That's just mean.  Or stupid.  Or cruel.  Or something.  But it sure doesn't seem like parents who want their kids back more than they want attention.  

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, SweetLaurel said:

It is a conference for Jesus!  That trumps any ol' silly job thing!

Haven't they done this a few times?  They seem determined to make CPS and the foster families the bad guys to the detriment of the kids' mental health,  it seems like.  They were upset a child was told they wouldn't allow her to go to church with the others,  and implied that anyone else should take the blame,  but the parents who said no.   They throw fits at a hospital when a child was there, instead of being comforting and matter of fact.   Now - neener neener we get to go to see your favorite band and you don't because CPS won't let you (oh and we don't have another ticket). 

That's just mean.  Or stupid.  Or cruel.  Or something.  But it sure doesn't seem like parents who want their kids back more than they want attention.  

This is what anger and resentment  do to a person. It destroys from the inside out and creeps into every area area of our life. Or as I have heard others say, it's like they are taking poison and waiting for everyone else to die. You go Rembises! Looks like your taking the world by storm!

1 hour ago, Howl said:

And there's this: If William Rembis does indeed have a job, how could be get time off to go to this conference?  Hmmmm.....

Where do you see that?

I can't speak for Howl, but Mr. Rembis is supposed to have a job so they can get the things they need to to get the kids back. I don't think she necessarily saw that he had one. She's just reasoning that *if he was doing what he was supposed to, he would and wouldn't be able to go out of state for 4 days.

A few places I've worked shut down between Christmas and New Year, so getting time off during that week may not have been a problem. However, I still wouldn't have gone trotting off to some conference when my kids were in foster care...I'd have been begging for visitation during that week...

2 hours ago, feministxtian said:

A few places I've worked shut down between Christmas and New Year, so getting time off during that week may not have been a problem. However, I still wouldn't have gone trotting off to some conference when my kids were in foster care...I'd have been begging for visitation during that week...

Good point.  A surprising number of people I know who work for companies not generous with leave got Mondays off after Christmas and New Years, because those holidays fell on a Sunday this year.  

I mean generous leave is possible, I just don't think that Mr. Rembis would think about getting a job. 

On ‎01‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 0:10 AM, Walking Cat Bed said:

And yet I'm told that not wanting children is unbelievably selfish...

I think my problem in general with this is that they chose to have 11 kids and raise them. Even if some were by accident they chose to raise them. I understand abortion or giving a baby up for adoption but getting to this point in time and then just ditching 10 of them when they are challenged by CPS is irresponsible and selfish in my opinion.

I'd be more accepting of it if they were posting about it being a big strain on them or something similar but instead they go on about how awful CPS is. In the end to me they are looking out for their needs and are unable to take on responsibility. That isn't necessarily selfish but if you don't want kids don't have 11 of them then fail to look after them at all. I understand becoming pregnant might sometimes not happen intentionally but in this case surely they can't argue all 11 of them are accidental.

I think they've found out that they enjoy not having 11 kids to care for, but don't want to admit it.  So, they are setting up CPS as the bad guy.  That way, they can intentionally do nothing to get them back and still look good to their church and community.  Fortunately, it appears most people aren't buying their load of bullshit.

"Lets go on a vacation days before our custody hearing" is pure stupidity on their part, unless they did it on purpose. Maybe they like playing martyrs and are totally ok with CPS having their kids so long as it brings them "love offerings" to go on trips and such. 

These people infuriate me. Know what's better than attending a conference with Jesus? Securing a place to live so you can get custody of your children. 

So exactly what steps have the taken towards getting their children back?

Mom strikes me as very...child like.  Am I the only one?  The dad just seems like a lazy pompous ass.

They have done sweet shit all to prove that they should get those poor kids back. 

Looking at Claire's page.  Because when you're kids have been removed by the state, the obvious next step is a New Year's Eve selfie.

Meanwhile William is posting 90 to nothing on FB.

**No clue why the link won't show up**

I've been reluctant to accept that these parents don't want their kids back. Too awful to contemplate. I've since seen the light. I should have been convinced when the couple dropped their kids off in Colorado,  and returned to Texas without them. (I assume they were trying to hide the children from CPS).  The nervy Rembii are now suing the Windsor, CO police for returning their kids to Texas. Some sort of Constitutional rights nonsense.

The couple declared bankruptcy in October, so there's no way they're going to get adequate housing now. Their credit is, was, and always will be, crap. In fact, that strange 10 million dollar lawsuit of theirs against FOX was recently halted by the judge because of the bankruptcy. The lawsuit is considered some sort of asset, and the bankruptcy judge has to permit the suit before it can go forward.

William going to law school is a pretentious pipe dream. What bank is going to loan him money? And he'll need a lot of money, given that he can't possibly work. Not only that,  law schools and the bar want ethical people, and evidently being financially responsible is part of that. Let alone the lack of ethics in failing to provide for your children, or the small time criminal complaints against him.

William is disengaged from his children, and Claire now wants to live as a Jesus-freak teenager.

Somebody here on FJ asked about the kids being placed with family. Near as I can tell, Claire has a mother (Her middle name is Reynolds) who posts on facebook. I think she also lives in Texas, and she is very Christ-talk -oriented. She doesn't seem to want to have anything to do with the kids.

Lawsuit against FOX halted

Bankruptcy

Another of Rembis lawsuits

4 hours ago, Koala said:

Looking at Claire's page.  Because when you're kids have been removed by the state, the obvious next step is a New Year's Eve selfie.

Meanwhile William is posting 90 to nothing on FB.

**No clue why the link won't show up**

THEFUCK?!?!?!? I was just seeing that. Selfie and a Prayer: a Story of Parental Neglect. 

omg chopfuck Will was posting his guesses for the NFL games on Sunday. Because again, that is what you do when your children are taken from you. Saying what the fuck doesn't cover it. 

The Lubbock TV station http://www.kcbd.com/  has been reporting on the Rembis situation, but no updates on today's hearing yet.  I'll check again in the morning.  I know they are following this because they updated an Oct.  Rembis/CPS article around 8:45 last night.  The article indicated that the hearing was today (January 4th). 

Hmmmm, no updates that I can find on Lubbock news websites or the Rembis Family on FaceBook. 

I'm going to guess they didn't get the kids back.  Otherwise, it would have been all over their Facebook.  Not shocking considering they did absolutely nothing the judge told them to do.  I hate to say it, but those kids would probably be better off in adoptive homes (at least the little ones who have a shot at being adopted).  If you aren't willing to work your case and do everything possible to get your kids back and instead go on a vacation, then you don't really care about your kids and I'd go so far as to say you don't love them either.

This case will drag on for months or years as the court tries to reunify this family. I hope the children get a glimpse of what a "normal" family is supposed to be like.

Any updates? I've been looking online and saw nothing. Unless the judge gave them a gag order? You'd think even if the meeting went badly, they'd have something to say about it. 

I can't believe they told the kids they were going to a concert but said CPS wouldn't let the kids go too. How low can you get, teasing a child who was placed in foster care bc you didn't feed them, that you get vacations and they don't? 

Oh, and a question: does Mr. Rembis have a high school diploma? College degree? 

Last I checked you couldn't get into Law School without those. Does he realize you can't just sign up? 

Sorry for the snark. I get so angry abt these people and their poor kids who deserve better. 

So far, only an update about their eldest on Claire's page.

I got into the group (they do not screen you at all!) but a) nothing of note has been posted there b ) I'm trying to make sure I'm up on guidelines of how much paraphrasing is allowed anyhow. (But no updates there either, which is strange to me.)

Judge Hart's docket beginning today, Jan. 6, does not show any hearings for Rembis. 

You can see the docket, by date, here.  I'm trying to find out if court was held earlier this week.

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived