IGNORED

Rembis Fam: 11 kids, CPS, antivax, homeschool, CPS

Howl

@Antimony said:  So, I was either sniffed out and kicked out of the closed group for the Rembis family or they got rid of the page. 

Would this be a closed group related to The Rembis Family on fb: facebook.com/rembisfamily/ or another group?  Just curious. 

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My sister had to tell them about any name changes and history anyone in her immediate family had had for hers a few years ago. It's a good thing she called, she didn't know our mom had changed her name. She also needed to know about anything in my past (I was quite the rebellious teenager). I think they're more thorough now than they used to be.

Not that law school asking about your past would be an issue, but for William I'm sure it will be. I'm sure he will go to every media outlet and brag he's in law school and bring unwanted publicity to whatever school he chooses. He will use law school as a crutch to explain why he isn't following CPS orders, and he'll use his children as a crutch to not attend class/miss assignments. 

This is all assuming he can get a decent LSAT score and a loan. I don't particularly get the feeling he's intelligent enough to even get a passing score, and a five minute glance into his credit history will scare the banks away. It won't happen.

19 minutes ago, SuchABlessing said:

Not that law school asking about your past would be an issue, but for William I'm sure it will be. I'm sure he will go to every media outlet and brag he's in law school and bring unwanted publicity to whatever school he chooses. He will use law school as a crutch to explain why he isn't following CPS orders, and he'll use his children as a crutch to not attend class/miss assignments. 

This is all assuming he can get a decent LSAT score and a loan. I don't particularly get the feeling he's intelligent enough to even get a passing score, and a five minute glance into his credit history will scare the banks away. It won't happen.

Loan should be an issue but anyone can get into law school if you bubble your name into the lsat right.

Now you might get into a tier 4 diploma mill that purposefully fails out half its students by having a curve designed to do just that, after getting 80k in tutition from them first of course.

• 4 weeks later...

The hearing came and went in January, crickets.  

No updates on Lubbock TV station web sites, including the local Fox affiliate and ditto on the histrionic MedicalKidnap.com

Interesting that people are getting kicked out of the private Rembis FB.  

Re: William Rembis and law schools.  It sounds as though he was arrested relating to the kids going out of state.  That can't help in a background check. 

I wonder if the judge read them them the riot act and told them if they didn't show improvement soon, the process for terminating their parental rights would start.  It seems like they've been scared silent.  I hope that's the case and they've seen the error of their ways and are working hard to get the kids back.  Those kids deserve good parents and they deserve to grow up together as a sibling unit (which will not happen if they become available for adoption).

3 minutes ago, Childless said:

I wonder if the judge read them them the riot act and told them if they didn't show improvement soon, the process for terminating their parental rights would start.  It seems like they've been scared silent.  I hope that's the case and they've seen the error of their ways and are working hard to get the kids back.  Those kids deserve good parents and they deserve to grow up together as a sibling unit (which will not happen if they become available for adoption).

Yes, Rembis radio silence is interesting.  As I had mentioned before, the court they go to is specifically (and sadly)  for family issues only.  The judge has been dealing with these types of family issues for a very long time, and will know BS when he sees it.  His tolerance for parental bullshit has got to be zero or pretty close to it. 

The father's posting on FB has basically been unchanged. Conspiracy theories, sports and heavy metal. But he seems more interested in the abstracts than his actual family. I don't think I've seen a single thing about his kids that's his posted since it started. It's all came from the mom. I do hope that nothing bad has happened to the mom. That would pretty much tank any reunification plan.

5 minutes ago, Terrie said:

The father's posting on FB has basically been unchanged. Conspiracy theories, sports and heavy metal. But he seems more interested in the abstracts than his actual family. I don't think I've seen a single thing about his kids that's his posted since it started. It's all came from the mom. I do hope that nothing bad has happened to the mom. That would pretty much tank any reunification plan.

Quite frankly, I think he's enjoying the sudden freedom from responsibility and chaos and the attention his "fake" persecution complex is getting him.  After all, some stupid schmuck gave them money so they could go on vacation. 

8 minutes ago, Terrie said:

To be fair, not posting about your CPS case on social media is generally the first piece of advice you will get from a family law attorney.  There are 1.5 million ways that could hurt your case and next to none where it would help it. 

Anytime you have an ongoing legal case, the best plan of action is to discuss it with your attorney only.  Anytime you have family issues involving kids, I'm of the position that they should be shared as little as possible out of respect for the child.  So his lack of posts may not indicate a lack of interest, but a surprising amount of good sense and decorum. 

It would really be best if they don't post about the case, it's just very out of character for them not to be. Hopefully it's an indication of a light bulb moment and they're actually getting their shit together, instead of just scrapping the kids and moving on.

21 minutes ago, DaisyD said:

It would really be best if they don't post about the case, it's just very out of character for them not to be. Hopefully it's an indication of a light bulb moment and they're actually getting their shit together, instead of just scrapping the kids and moving on.

This. I want it to be because mom got a clue, not because something happened to her. At this point, I've come to the conclusion that there's probably no hope for the dad. He's in too deep on his conspiracy theories.

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like mom posted a picture of the two youngest that their foster family gave her on her own FB. . No updates about the case or the other kids. Just a picture

• 5 months later...

I thought someone had posted this update earlier, but I can't find it.  The original Rembis thread is now locked:  Rembis Fam: 11 kids, CPS, antivax, homeschool, CPS

The Rembis', who lost custody of their 10 kids almost a year ago, still don't have their kids back!  Because (drum roll) they haven't been cooperative with CPS in terms in terms of counseling and following the reunification plan.  Why are we not surprised?  I have a strong feeling that Mom Rembis (Claire) wants the kids back, but the dad (William) could care less and he is calling the shots.  Medical Kidnap seems to have fallen off the Rembis bandwagon; they aren't updating. 

During a hearing in May, 2017 this was Claire's version, as reported by LubbockOnline.com: 

Claire Rembis told [Judge] Hart she and her husband have a stable income and are renting a four-bedroom home with beds for all their children. She said a family friend has volunteered to pay their rent for at least five years, though she [said] they made enough money to pay all their bills.

She said the couple plan to install a home surveillance system to keep an eye in their children and that the home’s floorplan will also keep her children within her line of sight.

Rembis said she has been released from therapy and is two weeks short of completing a homemaker course required by the court to demonstrate her parenting skills. She said she was willing to agree with unannounced inspections from CPS workers if the court allows her children to return to them.

This was the state's version: 

Jennifer Garlett, the CPS caseworker, said her department’s goal remains to reunify the family but said she could not yet recommend it as the parents have not complied with the service plan.

Shetela Tolson, who works with CPS as a homemaker instructor, said the couple is far from satisfying the homemaker course she has designed. She said Claire Rembis has been unreceptive to her instruction, saying the mother told her she already learned lessons from other parenting classes. The couple failed to complete numerous assignments to show they’ve understood the lessons, and Claire Rembis would refer her to her attorney whenever Tolson presented information.

Christine Haggard, Clair Rembis’ court-appointed therapist, denied releasing Claire from therapy and was concerned the children’s mother was minimizing her responses during their sessions.

"[Judge] Hart wrote in a letter ruling filed Tuesday (May 30) afternoon that if the Rembis parents fully comply with his supplemental orders he expects the children, ages 2 to 16, to return to their parents under monitored placement within the next 60 days."  There was supposed to have been a progress hearing in late June, but I can't find any reference to it. 

The Rembis' are IHOP: International House of Prayer.  According to Wiki, "The International House of Prayer (IHOP or IHOPKC) is a charismatic Pentecostal Christian movement and missions organization ... that focuses on prayer, worship, signs, and wonders...Doctrinally, IHOPKC is charismatic, post-tribulational, and affirms historic premillennialism. IHOPKC places great importance on the practices of prayer, worship, fasting, and spiritual gifts."

Many people consider IHOP a cult.  Of course, there was murder and suicide associated with this cult, of course there was.  Rolling Stone covered it in this article: Love and Death In the House of Prayer

I'm not detecting any anti-government movement within IHOP that could explain the Rembis parents refusal to complete or comply with CPS requirements, but others more familiar with IHOP may clarify.  Or maybe William Rembis is just crazy.  

Oh William Rembis is definitely crazy! I can't believe that Claire Rembis full on lied and said that she was cooperating when she wasn't. How does that help? I hope that the kids are getting used to where they are because it doesn't look like things are going to change anytime soon. 

These were the people whose kids were eating out of the neighbors' trash and playing next to a rotting placenta in a kiddie pool in the living room.  Yes?

I really don't think Claire is capable of learning how to parent properly.   There's something sadly off there but I think she loves them.

IMO, William couldn't care less about getting the children back - he only sees them as pawns in his fight against ebil gubmint.   

3 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

These were the people whose kids were eating out of the neighbors' trash and playing next to a rotting placenta in a kiddie pool in the living room.  Yes?

Yes. 

I really don't think Claire is capable of learning how to parent properly.   There's something sadly off there but I think she loves them.

Yes. 

IMO, William couldn't care less about getting the children back - he only sees them as pawns in his fight against ebil gubmint.   

Yes.

Trifecta! 

@Palimpsest you are right in all three counts. I for one am DELIGHTED that those children are being kept away from the Rembis and hope they do not get them back. Momma Rembis is clearly not all there (as heartbreaking as that is), and Pappa Rembis is just an asshole. Children deserve better.

I am glad these children have not been returned to their home. They deserve better than the neglect they lived in before.

How long has it been?  Their website says July 2015 but I don't know if that's the first time the kids were taken or the second time.  

Either way, the judge-approved plan for return of the kids been in place since the start of October 2016.  Based on this, they still haven't put their pride and self-righteousness aside for the good of their kids.  I fully expect an update to "Medical Kidnap" trying to explain how yet more people in the court system are liars involved in a conspiracy against the poor Rembises.  

My sadness comes from the kids being split up. It's just another negative to having a huge amount of children. If they are taken into foster care, they will be split up into different families. Their chances of being adopted into one family is slim to none. 

July 2015 was the first time. I think August 2016 was the second and current time. I completely agree with the above posters the mom clearly has some issues. The dad just comes off as a narcissist. Remember when they took off and went to an out of state concert.

I feel really bad for the children. They deserve better.

Isn't their oldest son still in the home since he's almost a legal adult? I wonder how he feels. I hope he gets to visit his siblings regularly.

Archived