IGNORED

Sierra Jo: Duggar Clone with Hand Dipped Strawberries

SpoonfulOSugar

On 7/20/2016 at 7:58 PM, Tim-Tom Biblethumper said:

You "forced" me to go to Sierra's page.  :kitty-wink:
Isn't this the same thing Marjorie has been doing for the last year or so?
One of her latest examples:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BHitvbABtAo/?taken-by=marjorie.e.jackson

I might have thought that was pretty good, had I not seen what my 16 year old daughter can do free hand. She's had NO training besides a couple high school art classes. 

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

If I saw a kid rollerblading through a store, I would seriously lose my mind. 

Those "heelies" or whatever those shoes were, made me so ragey. 

And as joyful as it made me, I can't imagine what He feels, when He sees His children excited about His promises! 

Seriously?  You think God is made happy by your "hand lettering" of "His Word"?  Do you envision Him putting samples of your work on some sort of heavenly refrigerator door?  Grow up!

My best guess is that if God notices the ridiculous hand lettering at all, He is hoping thet you soon will find something practical to do is His name (like knitting or cooking for the poor).

I think Marjorie is a child and has no clue - and Sierra is copying Marjorie because she wants to be young and inhibited again :D

21 hours ago, season of life said:

Imagine her dilemma. Should she try to pair Khai up with one of the Lost Girls? Or latch onto Anna's daughter? 

If Khai marries Mac, then it won't be "too" weird for Edyn to marry Spurgie 

and the lord will rejoice 

Good to know Sierra was able keep up with Bible lettering while serving her husband joyfully. Just once, I would love to have fundies who encouraged husbands to serve their wives joyfully.

She has to find news way to play the good Christian. Since the lettering thing is over and she only has "You Matter Mondays" left, another gimmick will pop up eventually.

8 hours ago, season of life said:

Good to know Sierra was able keep up with Bible lettering while serving her husband joyfully. Just once, I would love to have fundies who encouraged husbands to serve their wives joyfully.

She has to find news way to play the good Christian. Since the lettering thing is over and she only has "You Matter Mondays" left, another gimmick will pop up eventually.

So glad she keeps busy showing us all what's really important. I could scarcely begin each morning if I didn't have some kind of fundie update showing me how to schedule my whole day, wrangle my 12943098304 children, joyfully serve my husband, inform randos they matter on Monday only, draw pictures with markers, make videos reminding people how much I love my family, write blog posts about what other people should be doing with their lives, and finally wind down my day with the relaxing exercise of deleting comments from evil atheist haters. What would I even do with myself?  

1 minute ago, lizzybee said:

So glad she keeps busy showing us all what's really important. I could scarcely begin each morning if I didn't have some kind of fundie update showing me how to schedule my whole day, wrangle my 12943098304 children, joyfully serve my husband, inform randos they matter on Monday only, draw pictures with markers, make videos reminding people how much I love my family, write blog posts about what other people should be doing with their lives, and finally wind down my day with the relaxing exercise of deleting comments from evil atheist haters. What would I even do with myself?  

go in a corner and pee 

I am hoping her markers all run out 

I think Edible Arrangements Wanna-be Sierra is really bored. Hence the frivolous vanity projects such as doodling around Bible verses and posting them for likes online. 

18 hours ago, EmCatlyn said:

Seriously?  You think God is made happy by your "hand lettering" of "His Word"?  Do you envision Him putting samples of your work on some sort of heavenly refrigerator door?  Grow up!

My best guess is that if God notices the ridiculous hand lettering at all, He is hoping thet you soon will find something practical to do is His name (like knitting or cooking for the poor).

And lo, God's heavenly voice boomed from the sky: "Meh, I've seen better on Pinterest".

As a side note, I decided to give hand lettering a try, since I'm a relentless doodler and I think that incorporating doodly elements into my note-taking will make it easier for me to stay on task, plus it can look very nice, and it really is pretty fun to do. I'd say I'm at about Sierra level of good -- my letters look alright, but my spacing/alignment needs work. Though I don't like to do too many curlicues and flourishes. And I hand-letter Archer quotes and Mountain Goats lyrics, not the Bible.

I saw Buzzfeed books was peddling a Calligraphy starter kit "Creative Lettering and Beyond" on their social media today. Made me giggle a little thinking of you guys. 

1 hour ago, lizzybee said:

I saw Buzzfeed books was peddling a Calligraphy starter kit "Creative Lettering and Beyond" on their social media today. Made me giggle a little thinking of you guys. 

A part of me hopes that the trend will start extending into reviving illuminated manuscripts, and then we'll get a return of bizarre marginalia.

53 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

A part of me hopes that the trend will start extending into reviving illuminated manuscripts, and then we'll get a return of bizarre marginalia.

I'm glad you linked that... medieval marginalia gets very Nike sometimes. Sometimes the topics were just bizarre, and sometimes the scribes were just having fun. Unfortunately, if the fundies revive that tradition it will be far less clever and creative -- not much joy in making everything prim and proper, even if you get someone with good technical skills. 

1 hour ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Hahahaha! This may be my favorite drift in conversation I've experienced personally. I join you in actively hoping for that as well. Fundies miss out on/ruin everything. This would probably ruin it for them. 

That's it everyone! I am telling my future husband tonight that I am quitting my job to stay at home and focus on bigger and better things in life. Like lettering for Jesus and posting it on social media, dipping strawberries in chocolate and overpricing them. I am telling him that I am going to take up blogging and share ALL of our personal life on there for everyone to read.  The hell with working and trying to better our lives! Also, I have to get off the Dr. Pepper.  That's super important!!

2 minutes ago, Jessie E said:

That's it everyone! I am telling my future husband tonight that I am quitting my job to stay at home and focus on bigger and better things in life. Like lettering for Jesus and posting it on social media, dipping strawberries in chocolate and overpricing them. I am telling him that I am going to take up blogging and share ALL of our personal life on there for everyone to read.  The hell with working and trying to better our lives! Also, I have to get off the Dr. Pepper.  That's super important!!

let us know when you knit the joy on to a thing you take the cookies out of the oven with :D

4 minutes ago, nst said:

let us know when you knit the joy on to a thing you take the cookies out of the oven with :D

That will be the first thing I do right after I break the news to him lol!

On July 31, 2016 at 3:34 AM, JillyO said:

Good fucking grief, their lives must be so utterly depressing. Read this newest gem:

I think we have a new Teri Maxwell Pepsi situation on our hands.

I wasn't sure about your "Teri Maxwell Pepsi" reference so I googled it. I found her Mom's Corner post and I have not laughed that hard in a long time. That is some excellent fundie bull crap! Lol! I now think Sierra is headed down that same road lol!

On July 29, 2016 at 2:43 PM, SunnySideUp said:

5 kids in less than 6 years. Commenters on Instagram keep calling her "an inspiration." I'm not inspired by this woman - I'm deeply concerned for her and her children. She is on a collision course with a laundry room breakdown. I worry that her spunk will disappear and her eyes will go blank like Michelle's. I'm scared that Ellyn and Edyn will turn into little Dojo-Slaves and won't get to have a childhood like their brothers. Pretty soon, her children will stop being individuals and start becoming numbers and I worry for them.

But I think that I worry most about people seeing her shiny, perfect life on Instagram and TV and wanting to be just like her, just like she did with the Duggars.

I agree with every word you have said there. It is scary to think about how many young girls are looking at her social media and thinking that is a wonderful way to live. I have also always wondered, where is Sierra's family?? My understanding is that they are not fundie and she wasn't either until she met Mark. Doesn't her family see the effects of being soaked in the kool aid? Shouldn't someone be worried for her?

6 hours ago, December said:

I'm glad you linked that... medieval marginalia gets very Nike sometimes. Sometimes the topics were just bizarre, and sometimes the scribes were just having fun. Unfortunately, if the fundies revive that tradition it will be far less clever and creative -- not much joy in making everything prim and proper, even if you get someone with good technical skills. 

Ye olde phallus tree. Never forget.

Spoiler

ac0ecf821e986af133040cb67be3092b.jpg

Well, she's writing all this stuff, but she's not actually doing it. She asked God to send her, but she's still here.

On 7/31/2016 at 10:12 AM, ClaraOswin said:

I don't know if I'm just a horrible multitasker or bad at time management or what. But I have one child (almost 3 years old) and I cannot even imagine having ANY free time with 5 kids ages 6 and under. I seriously can't wrap my head around it at all. I suppose it's a good thing I just have the 1 kid then.

But when he was younger...I seriously had NO free time while my husband was working. I did have what the doctors called a "high maintenance" baby...but still.

Just the feeding, diapering, cleaning, etc. would be an all-day, constant thing I would imagine. And then if she starts home schooling.....how is that even possible when you have 4 other young kids?

I don't think that Fundie Moms spend very much time playing with or interacting with their kids in any way. There was a discussion not too long ago in the Maxwell thread where someone pulled up an old blog entry about Melanie's approach to scheduling Abby's day (this would have been fro when Abby was a toddler and still the only child) and it said something about Melanie training Abby to not expect her Mom to play with her all the time. I realize that Moms can't spend all day playing with their kids because they have to do laundry and cook meals and stuff like that. But I think most Moms do spend a lot of time playing with, reading, and otherwise interacting with their child/children. I don't Fundies do that very much. Then you add in blanket training and other ways of beating them into submission, and boom, you can magically handle 4 or 5 kids. For those of us with the crazy notion that children deserve attention and babies shouldn't be beaten with rulers and pencils, managing multiple children is a bit more difficult. 

So true. I sometimes forget just how warped their parenting "style" is compared to what I would consider to be in the realm of normal.

I read a horrible news story today. An 18 month old died in a hot car. Apparently she was outside playing with siblings and somehow ended up in the car. She hadn't been seen in 2 hours and then someone found her. So apparently the older siblings were the ones "watching" her. I googled and found the family on Facebook and in a photo from 2013 they already had seven kids. I have no clue if they are fundies or what. But I just get full of rage when I read stories like this. It could have been avoided if the PARENTS had been watching the child. But instead, the siblings were put "in charge," it seems. It actually surprises me that people like the Duggars don't end up in the news for things like this.

My old neighbors used to put their five-year-old in charge of watching the baby, while they played outside. These people lived down the street and around the corner from me and yet their children were allowed to play in the road in front of my house. It was terrifying to all of the other neighbors because the five-year-old would be busy playing, not paying any attention to the baby, and the baby was just wandering around and no one could see him out our rearview mirrors when we pulled out. 

The first time it happened, I picked up the baby and took him back to his house and told the parents, "Your baby was playing in the street." The second time it happened I reported them to the neighborhood association and informed everyone involved that I was calling the police if it happened again. Shortly after that they moved to a house on the water. I continue to be amazed that no one has died yet. 

16 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

And lo, God's heavenly voice boomed from the sky: "Meh, I've seen better on Pinterest".

As a side note, I decided to give hand lettering a try, since I'm a relentless doodler and I think that incorporating doodly elements into my note-taking will make it easier for me to stay on task, plus it can look very nice, and it really is pretty fun to do. I'd say I'm at about Sierra level of good -- my letters look alright, but my spacing/alignment needs work. Though I don't like to do too many curlicues and flourishes. And I hand-letter Archer quotes and Mountain Goats lyrics, not the Bible.

Have you tried cocaine?  

(sorry...Mr. Rubaiyat and I can go hours just texting each other stupid quotes, I feel like I've found a kindred spirit)

2 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

Well, she's writing all this stuff, but she's not actually doing it. She asked God to send her, but she's still here.

and now all the salsa is in my nose.  Ow!!  :pb_lol:

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived