IGNORED

Sierra Jo: Duggar Clone with Hand Dipped Strawberries

SpoonfulOSugar

On 31/07/2016 at 5:56 PM, Nikedagain? said:

Those "heelies" or whatever those shoes were, made me so ragey. 

YES YES YES THANK YOU GOD FOR SENDING ME SOMEONE WHO FINALLY AGREES WITH ME!!!!

I hated those shoes with the red hot fiery passion of ten thousand dying suns!!  the way kids would just be walking normally and then suddenly swerve into my path on a pair of fucking WHEELS where did they get those?!? 

and they wore them everywhere  :smiley-signs131:

Aaaaah, that felt good.

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

A part of me hopes that the trend will start extending into reviving illuminated manuscripts, and then we'll get a return of bizarre marginalia.

God, I love them, *laughing*

Now that I'm thinking rationally again, can I just try to articulate the thoughts this 'joyfully serving' thing:  it makes me sad, and I think I just figured out why.

I think that most of us here would do what we call 'joyfully serving' our husbands\wives\partners\feline headships\batwing spaceangel dragons, but we don't need to talk about it or crow about it, because being happy to make someone happy, to make their lives easier or more happy, is what you do when you love someone.  And it goes both ways, at least in my world: everybody acts to make the lives of the people they love happy or easier or just more fun, because they love each other.

Fundies take it and turn into just another duty to be performed.

Ugh.

16 minutes ago, kunoichi66 said:

YES YES YES THANK YOU GOD FOR SENDING ME SOMEONE WHO FINALLY AGREES WITH ME!!!!

I hated those shoes with the red hot fiery passion of ten thousand dying suns!!  the way kids would just be walking normally and then suddenly swerve into my path on a pair of fucking WHEELS where did they get those?!? 

and they wore them everywhere  :smiley-signs131:

Aaaaah, that felt good.

On 7/31/2016 at 11:56 AM, Nikedagain? said:

Those "heelies" or whatever those shoes were, made me so ragey. 

I met my husband when we were both age 16 working in a grocery store. They had him take me to the back of the store to show me where they kept the extra boxes of bags and he took off on his heelies. Thought he was cool shit. Here we are 9 years later so I guess it worked :my_blush:

I was at trader joes today and saw a girl in heelies but she only used the wheeley part once at least that I noticed when I was there. Back when I was in elementary school, when they were super popular our principal sent a letter home to parents telling them they aren't allowed to send their kids in those shoes which even then made a lot of sense to me because some kids got too clumsy wearing them.

45 minutes ago, JesSky03 said:

I met my husband when we were both age 16 working in a grocery store. They had him take me to the back of the store to show me where they kept the extra boxes of bags and he took off on his heelies. Thought he was cool shit. Here we are 9 years later so I guess it worked :my_blush:

I guess I can't begrudge you that, lol. 

I remember that kids used to wear them around the swimming pool, which just made me so angry.  When the parents came to pick up their kids from swimming lessons, with other children in tow, they would all stand round the entrance to the changing rooms\showers, and the kids would have those STUPID heelies on, putting me in fear of my life.

I totally want heelies.
I totally should not have them, and I have vetoed my kid having them.
But I still want some for when she's not around.

Me and my little sister had Heelys. They were fun, but my sister was more prone to using them all over the place. I can still remember our elementary school banning them and warning kids not to use them.

I hated heelys.  I worked in a bookstore and kids would use them to race down the aisles.  I got run into going around a corner on more than one occasion.

Heelies were not a part of my generation.

I didn't realize 16 year olds wore them. I thought they were for the younger set.

44 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

I didn't realize 16 year olds wore them. I thought they were for the younger set.

Last semester at college, someone wore heelys to music rehearsal. Can confirm that he was cool shit. 

13 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

I don't think they were still trendy when my husband wore them but he's never been up on the times lol. He actually just found his heelys at his mom's house a couple weeks ago and they still fit- yay me!!

I work in a KFC in a shopping centre that happens to be across from a skate park. Kid's come in with skates a lot but they are usually respectful and take their food, eat then leave and dont skate around. I do though have kids who bring bikes dump them in the middle of the seating area and go mad when I move them. Bikes have been stolen when chained outside so I understand them bringing them in put it somewhere where no one will trip over it. If Sierra's son wasn't causing trouble I wouldn't object to the skates in the store, though it's not something I'd personally allow but he was allowed to skate around without consideration others and knock things over that's a different matter.

This right here reinforced my decision to not have children. The fiancé and I will just keep saving the rescue animals instead! Also, I  just love how refreshed Mark looks in this photo. I am sure he didn't lose much sleep or anything after the baby was born!

image.png

12 minutes ago, JMO said:

Isn't she due for another pregnancy?

Yep, which will annoy the shit out of me. TAKE. A. BREAK. 

Should we start taking bets on an announcement? What's her average time between pregnancies? 

Mark is smoking hot? Is that allowed in fundie circles? I think I've been defrauded.

I just stole this from an earlier thread.  I believe @Casserole did the sleuthing. 

Instagram sleuthing/procrastinating tells me:

Khai July 30th 2010

Daylon September 6th 2011

Asher January 21st 2013

Ellyn September 2nd 2014

Edyn November 12th 2015

So it looks like her minimum is 4/5 months and her max was about 10 months.  I don't think she had any premies. 

And her last baby was born almost 9 months ago. 

On 8/2/2016 at 11:48 AM, kunoichi66 said:

God, I love them, *laughing*

Now that I'm thinking rationally again, can I just try to articulate the thoughts this 'joyfully serving' thing:  it makes me sad, and I think I just figured out why.

I think that most of us here would do what we call 'joyfully serving' our husbands\wives\partners\feline headships\batwing spaceangel dragons, but we don't need to talk about it or crow about it, because being happy to make someone happy, to make their lives easier or more happy, is what you do when you love someone.  And it goes both ways, at least in my world: everybody acts to make the lives of the people they love happy or easier or just more fun, because they love each other.

Fundies take it and turn into just another duty to be performed.

Ugh.

Very well said.  I always get the impression that with fundies, it's the females who are supposed to "joyfully serve" and the adult males (because they are so much closer in status to God) merely accept the "joyful service" of their wife, or their SAH daughters, to make their life easier.  In the meantime, the patriarch can get away with not working and earning a sustainable income (David Rodrigues, I'm looking at you now; with a side eye at Gil Bates and many other fundie husbands), and be praised for being such a Godly man.  It is so one-sided.

On 8/2/2016 at 7:30 PM, bashfulpixie said:

I hated heelys.  I worked in a bookstore and kids would use them to race down the aisles.  I got run into going around a corner on more than one occasion.

I have no love for Heelies.  My son wanted a pair when he was younger, but I wouldn't buy them.  I felt they were unsafe and kept picturing my son, toppling head over heels, ending up with blood running from his head because of a Heelies accident.  Thankfully, his father backed me up on that one. 

2 hours ago, Jessie E said:

This right here reinforced my decision to not have children. The fiancé and I will just keep saving the rescue animals instead! Also, I  just love how refreshed Mark looks in this photo. I am sure he didn't lose much sleep or anything after the baby was born!

image.png

What from that post reinforces your decision not to have children?

I'm curious of why they're both holding ink pens...do they want visitors to sign baby Khai? :pb_lol:

Smoking hot Mark really looks an awful lot like Robby Benson, eh?

326291_15.jpg

(Picture included for the younger set) :D

6 hours ago, Jessie E said:

image.png

I know "crazy eyes" is a thing that gets talked about here with fundie women after so many kids and so many years of marriage, and honestly I think this pic is good proof because I didn't even recognize her at first. She's still "pre crazy eyes" here. 

31 minutes ago, cathgrl1 said:

What are heelies? If I missed the explanation, I apologize.

Shoes with a wheel in the heel, marketed at kids, big in the 90s.

8 hours ago, JMO said:

I just stole this from an earlier thread.  I believe @Casserole did the sleuthing. 

Instagram sleuthing/procrastinating tells me:

Khai July 30th 2010

Daylon September 6th 2011

Asher January 21st 2013

Ellyn September 2nd 2014

Edyn November 12th 2015

So it looks like her minimum is 4/5 months and her max was about 10 months.  I don't think she had any premies. 

And her last baby was born almost 9 months ago. 

I'm expecting an announcement any day now then. If she's not already pregnant, she probably will be soon. I get the whole "children are blessings" mindset (I really do, not being sarcastic), but it seems like it would be a good option to take a cue from the Catholics and try NFP out. Just for like...6 months after each birth would probably be really beneficial to her sanity and health- not to mention her relationships with her children. 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived