IGNORED

Sierra Jo: Duggar Clone with Hand Dipped Strawberries

SpoonfulOSugar

On 7/18/2016 at 6:16 PM, manda b said:

Isn't it about time for her to announce another "blessing"?

I am thinking the same thing lol

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see in her new video Jessa and Marjorie are there. Everyone is just buddy buddy in the fundie world, correct?

2 hours ago, season of life said:

I see in her new video Jessa and Marjorie are there. Everyone is just buddy buddy in the fundie world, correct?

It seems like it would be awkward to hang out with your little brother's ex girlfriend, but I guess that's par for the course in fundie-land. 

2 hours ago, Suz8710 said:

It's so strange how for Sierra being "best friends" with Joy, she is most often seen with Jessa than of them.

she may be seen with Jessa but they clearly are not "friends" in the real sense - judging from one of their first meetings after Jessa had Spud. 

I get the impression Jessa is not comfortable one to one with people except for a few aka Ben and Jinger 

everyone else is just filler for her. 

@nst you're probably right...and Sierra doesn't care who she attaches herself to, as long as it's a Duggar :my_dodgy:

Jessa seems more closed off IRL than I assumed she would be. 

13 hours ago, nst said:

she may be seen with Jessa but they clearly are not "friends" in the real sense - judging from one of their first meetings after Jessa had Spud. 

I get the impression Jessa is not comfortable one to one with people except for a few aka Ben and Jinger 

everyone else is just filler for her. 

I think you can add in that Jessa seems like she's pretty reserved/standoffish and Sierra is a giant ball of VALIDATE ME-type outgoingness. In a very weird way, their dynamic reminds me of a friendship I had with a guy at one of my earlier jobs. I can be very energetic and outgoing, but ultimately, I have a low tolerance for bullshit, am fairly reserved in public, and have a more snarky sense of humor. He was extremely extroverted and clingy, with a tendency to confuse "making an utter immature ass of yourself in public" with "I'm so fun and quirky!"

Eventually, I just couldn't fucking stand him. He would embarrass me in public, would purposefully get himself into drama and then whine to me about it, and had no social boundaries with me. I ended the friendship because I just couldn't take it anymore and I wasn't going to put my social and professional life on hold to be his guidance counselor.

On 7/24/2016 at 9:42 AM, nastyhobbitses said:

I think you can add in that Jessa seems like she's pretty reserved/standoffish and Sierra is a giant ball of VALIDATE ME-type outgoingness. 

I completely agree. Sierra comes off as someone who is very insecure & really needed to fit in somewhere.  So she clung to the fundie way of life.  Now she just comes off as desperate to look like she really fits in and is happy there.    

2 minutes ago, Jessie E said:

I completely agree. Sierra comes off as someone who is very insecure & really needed to fit in somewhere.  So she clung to the fundie way of life.  Now she just comes off as desperate to look like she really fits in and is happy there.    

And it's further corroborated by her having a ton of children in quick succession whom she (self-admittedly) can't really manage. Pregnancy gives you tons of attention, newborns also get you lots of attention, babies depend on you and instinctively love you, children are seen as an extension of you. I really do think she, like Michelle, sees having lots and lots of children as a way to gain validation. Though I do think that she, unlike Michelle, does genuinely love and enjoy her children, even if she very clearly cannot manage them and uses them to fuel and project her insecurities.

I believe Michelle genuinely loved and enjoyed her children when there was still a managable amount of them. After child 7 or 8 she had that laundryroom incident. Just wait and see how Sierra does when she gets to so many children. I think she'll check out, just as Michelle did, because so many kids is just overwhelming.

7 minutes ago, habert said:

look at this monstrosity 

13732172_305916819754173_338701666_n.jpg

It looks like frosting on a cake.

8 hours ago, habert said:

look at this monstrosity 

Oh my gosh this reminds me of when I was in third grade(when I thouhght I had artistic talent) and would put "deep quotes" in designs just like this.

9 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

It looks like frosting on a cake.

It looks middle school level at best 

On 7/18/2016 at 1:32 PM, Jessie E said:

I have been following Sierra's Instagram page and I can't help but wonder how a woman with so many small children finds the time to do the whole "30 days of bible lettering" thing.  Shouldn't she be busy having a laundry room break down ?? Shouldn't it be almost her time for that??  

Sorry folks, it's a slow day here at work for me lol

Is this "lettering" crap the new "in" thing or something? I seem to see it all over and I just don't get it.

I also feel like she has a lot of free time for someone with young children. Does she home school? I can't recall her kids' ages.

10 minutes ago, JillyO said:

Her oldest is turning six today, it looks like. So I guess he should start first grade after the summer.

And by "first grade" we mean "now mom plops a slightly different workbook in front of you on the kitchen table and expects you to learn by yourself".

2 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

And by "first grade" we mean "now mom plops a slightly different workbook in front of you on the kitchen table and expects you to learn by yourself".

Obviously. After all, mommy is busy hand lettering for Jesus! ;)

Sierra just posted this to her Instagram. Is it okay to show your knees now?! This is twice that I have counted. NIKE!!

image.png

19 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

Is this "lettering" crap the new "in" thing or something? I seem to see it all over and I just don't get it.

<snip>

Yes it is. Marjorie got a book deal out of it so Sierra wants one too.

4 minutes ago, Jessie E said:

Sierra just posted this to her Instagram. Is it okay to show your knees now?! This is twice that I have counted. NIKE!!

image.png

Marjorie and the taco lady, with their job-having, pants-wearing, tank top-wearing ways, have lured Sierra to the dark side! The corruption has set in! Next thing you know she's going to get another fake hieroglyph tattooed above her ass and start hand-lettering Slayer lyrics!

Her oldest is turning six today, it looks like. So I guess he should start first grade after the summer.

5 kids in less than 6 years. Commenters on Instagram keep calling her "an inspiration." I'm not inspired by this woman - I'm deeply concerned for her and her children. She is on a collision course with a laundry room breakdown. I worry that her spunk will disappear and her eyes will go blank like Michelle's. I'm scared that Ellyn and Edyn will turn into little Dojo-Slaves and won't get to have a childhood like their brothers. Pretty soon, her children will stop being individuals and start becoming numbers and I worry for them.

But I think that I worry most about people seeing her shiny, perfect life on Instagram and TV and wanting to be just like her, just like she did with the Duggars.

Please tell me Sierra isn't letting her child skate through a store.  Please.  Even if you have to lie to me.  Because seriously? It's not a playground!!

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived