IGNORED

Jazz Hands, Sparkle Crotch: Erika Schupe Pt. 9

FundieFarmer

I think in general, as Americans, we wash stuff way too often. Since moving to a big city and having to walk 2 blocks to a laundromat, we have DRASTICALLY reduced our laundry, I'd say at least by half. I go once a week for clothes, and do one huge load of sheets and towels every other week. Each person uses strictly one towel and gets it back after laundry that same day. We wear jeans and thicker sweaters several times before washing. Non-dirty kids items worn for a day go right back into the closet. We're finally buying a washer-dryer but I hope to keep up the good habits, not just to save money but also my sanity. Once-a-week laundry is the bomb for a working mom. (As for the division of chores, my husband vacuums/mops the whole place and cleans the bathrooms weekly - I feel like I get the better deal).

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎10‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 5:48 AM, Luisainlondon1 said:

last time they went to the farm they found stray in places on your body you don't wanna find it.

I can vouch for that!!  Only thing worse than straw and hay getting into nooks and crannies is sand.

30 minutes ago, Granwych said:

I can vouch for that!!  Only thing worse than straw and hay getting into nooks and crannies is sand.

Yeah, why people think sex on the beach or a roll in the hay is romantic is beyond me. Ick, ick, ick.

4 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Yeah, why people think sex on the beach or a roll in the hay is romantic is beyond me. Ick, ick, ick.

I've known several people to get lice from a "roll in the hay" and sand fleas from the beach.  No thanks!

2 hours ago, feministxtian said:

sex on the beach is HIGHLY overrated...give me a nice clean bed or floor....

Never had sex on a beach, but it doesn't take much imagination to figure that sand will make it into your vagina (and other regions) and that is a highly unpleasant sensation.

On 10/5/2016 at 5:56 PM, feministxtian said:

sex on the beach is HIGHLY overrated...give me a nice clean bed or floor....

Or people could compromise and get it on in a clean, comfortable place then mix up some tasty Sex on the Beach drinks after :D 

Count me in for cocktails and then my beautiful king size memory foam bed, with my new Orla Kiely bed linen...I'm really not sure that there's a greater aphrodisiac in the entire world than beautiful crisp, clean sheets :kitty:

On a completely unrelated thought, how are we still on the Jazz Hands Sparkle Crotch thread for Erika? Geez, she's boring these days.........:my_cry:

5 hours ago, IrishCarrie said:

On a completely unrelated thought, how are we still on the Jazz Hands Sparkle Crotch thread for Erika? Geez, she's boring these days.........:my_cry:

Well the thread title makes me laugh every time so it's ok with me! Though with all the recent changes, who knows if we'll see something way out there like a (dare I hope?) trick-or-treating post?

Still can't decide whether I'm happy or sad she's not posting as much. Hopefully the kids appreciate more privacy? Then again most of the old stuff is still floating around so... poor kids. Can't imagine if some break away and find all the blog stuff, though they may already know of it via Erika, I suppose.

16 hours ago, December said:

Well the thread title makes me laugh every time so it's ok with me! Though with all the recent changes, who knows if we'll see something way out there like a (dare I hope?) trick-or-treating post?

Still can't decide whether I'm happy or sad she's not posting as much. Hopefully the kids appreciate more privacy? Then again most of the old stuff is still floating around so... poor kids. Can't imagine if some break away and find all the blog stuff, though they may already know of it via Erika, I suppose.

I have a feeling they know a fair bit about what she writes on the blog. I remember in one food post, she mentioned that Karen had the idea for salads, or something like that and someone replied to thank Karen, and Erika posted a comment from her daughter. So, at least the older ones do. And I imagine that in the past, Erika spent a decent amount of time working on the blog, which probably took away from her time with the kids.

Erika just posted this:

Such a sweet notes that our Karen wrote for each of her youngest siblings on her own initiative today, and left them on their dinner place at the table (since she does not see them when they get home from school and for the rest of the evening because she is working). Blesses my heart.

Home!? HOME FROM SCHOOL?!

8 minutes ago, alba said:

WHAT?!

Oops, she didn't want people to know so she deleted it and posted this:

"Sweet notes from our Karen girl (18) to the kids before she goes to work for the day. "

Which I think is basically admitting that they are going to school. 

!!!

She hasn't posted anything about schooling since the start of the school year, and the only thing she DID post was when they went out to eat for donuts as their "traditional" back to school donuts.  In the past they have had donuts at home.  And Karen was missing from the photo - I wonder if they went to get donuts before dropping them at school.

I'm sorry, "dropping them at school" should have read "abandoning them to a stranger for the next 9 months," as Erika put it a year ago.

Something had to have happened.  There have been a massive amount of changes, and a pretty much radio silence from Erica lately.  

Has she scrubbed all of the "horrors of public school" posts from her blog?  Her search function isn't very user friendly.

It looks like she edited the post. I don't think she wants her followers to know that she capitulated to the wicked government and put her children in atheist-approved secular brainwashing. I'm shocked, but impressed. Hopefully those children will get the education they deserve. 

Also, Karen has lovely handwriting. Some of those notes were weird though. You can definitely tell which ones she's closer to. Compare "you are fast and a teamplayer" to "you are my little sunshine and you love to snuggle with me." 

Why is Erika so secretive? Why have a blog at all if you're going to be like that? It's so weird. And she never responded to the several people asking about her girls wearing pants in the fall festival pictures.

I wonder what kind of school the kids are attending. I can't imagine that they could afford private school, but the idea of her putting them in public school is even crazier. I really want to know what's going on!

It's got to be hard to swallow your pride after prattling on, and on, and on about the evils of pants, public school, teenagers driving and working.  She has argued people relentlessly, insisting that her way is the God approved one.  She has really backed herself into a corner.

20 minutes ago, princessmahina said:

It looks like she edited the post. I don't think she wants her followers to know that she capitulated to the wicked government and put her children in atheist-approved secular brainwashing. I'm shocked, but impressed. Hopefully those children will get the education they deserve. 

Also, Karen has lovely handwriting. Some of those notes were weird though. You can definitely tell which ones she's closer to. Compare "you are fast and a teamplayer" to "you are my little sunshine and you love to snuggle with me." 

If I didn't know better, I'd say that was written to a child by his/her mother, not sister.

Karen had to get up in the middle of the night to feed those precious babies.  She is probably every bit as much of a mother to them as Ericka is.

1 minute ago, Koala said:

Karen had to get up in the middle of the night to feed those precious babies.  She is probably every bit as much of a mother to them as Ericka is.

Didn't the babies sleep in Erika's closet? Why would Karen be getting up to feed them when she's in another room?

• December locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived