IGNORED

JinJer 2: Courting, she did ride

dawbs

Watching Watch What Happens Live with Andy Cohen on Bravo and Jinger was the "Jackhole of the Day." Andy first deliberately mispronounced the Duggar name and then called out how weird Jinger is with a J. Then, he gave props for Jeremy at least being hot.

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Andy Cohen just gave this courtship announcement his 'Jackhole of the Day!' :boom:

Andy couldn't believe that Jinger is spelled with a 'J' and that she is courting 'a hot athlete and all I've got going is a pepperoni hot pocket for a love life.' 

If Andy only realized how superior his hot pocket is to this, imho, fundie fame whore :content:

Omg, I saw it too. He said he doesn't follow the Duggars, except for the scandals, and there's a lot of that.

Damn, I just heard. Of course this happened right in the middle of Orange is the New Black. I am never going to catch up on these threads.

I hope this guy is good for her. He gives me Derick vibes (quitting good jobs for "ministry")

Again, I am disappointed this is the only avenue out of the TaterTotHouse - marriage.  Sigh.  Marriage is great - especially if you are a mature adult with your own real-life experiences and opinions to bring to the union.  I have a feeling this one will copy the last 3... obey, breed, repeat.

John-David and Joy are left. Jeremy best not stop working to grift, especially after working so hard to become a soccer player. I am already thinking about how surreal it will be to see her get married and have children after holding onto the hope she would wait until she was older to court.

40 minutes ago, doubleT said:

After reading the blog about how JinJer came to be, it really surprises me that when Jer visited Ben & Jessa and met the Duggars that he was not pushed more toward Jana.  They are much closer in age and Jana is every bit as sweet and heart full of God as Jinger.  :my_huh: 

Because that wouldn't have suited Jessa. Jessa is not as close to Jana as she is to Jinger. This way, Jessa and Jinger can be married together, and they can all fellowship as couples. 

I also suspect that Jana is meant to be the permanent SAHD - JB and Michelle decided that long ago. They can't run TTC without her and once the youngest ones are out of the house, they are going to be old and need to be cared for. Jana is stuck. 

According to Jeremy's blog, he lives in Laredo, Texas. At least Jinger will have the Outlet Shoppes of Laredo, which has more fashionable stores than where she is currently living.

After stepping away from the game of soccer in November 2014, I was asked if I would be able to go down to Laredo to oversee a small church there. I have now been in Laredo, Texas for almost a year-and-a-half and am now serving as an ordained pastor in Grace Community Church of Laredo.

Jeremy preaching: http://www.gcclaredo.com/

If Jim Bob wanted another season of Counting On then he had to marry off another daughter. Rumor was that it was going to be canceled because no one wanted to sponsor the show.

Did anyone read the comments on People? There's more to this story.

According to Wiki, he attended Hartwick College but transferred to Syracuse University in 2010 to complete his senior year. There is a theory as to why he transferred at that late date in his college years.

rumor is that he might have been a little too close to a male "friend"

So Ben an Jessa have been friends with this guy for years? They have only been married 18 months? I think Jessa wanted to see Jinger married so they could be BFF's again and have babies at the same time and Ben wanted this guy to help him become a preacher (Jeremy already has a church he head of in TX). Seems like a win win for Jessa, Ben, Jeremy but is it what Jinger wants? or maybe it is all she knows she wants?

Hey TLC... How much you paying him to be in a courtship with her, you know, so you can have a new reason to continue Jill & Jessa counting on next season.

Does anyone really believe this BS story?

He went to Hartwick College up until his senior year, he then transferred to Syracuse. It doesn't say if he graduated Syracuse or what he studied. Theory has it that he was caught with another soccer player and was yanked from Hartwick by his father (who is also a pastor) and that's why he transferred to Syracuse. His father sent him on a mission before he transferred to Syracuse. Apparently the mission/ministry place shares the same building as Fingers McPervy's PrayHab!! He's already being called out for being G-A-Y.

Oh my that is news! Not where he went to college but why the transfer! I thought it was very odd to transfer for senior year unless his grades were not good enough to transfer earlier and he wanted the name of a big university instead of where he was at.

Would love to know where you found out this info. It will be the end of the courtship if true...or did he go away to a conversion camp???

EDIT: ah, the PrayHab must also do conversions...

4 minutes ago, accountingstar said:

Theory has it that he was caught with another soccer player and was yanked from Hartwick by his father (who is also a pastor) and that's why he transferred to Syracuse. His father sent him on a mission before he transferred to Syracuse. Apparently the mission/ministry place shares the same building as Fingers McPervy's PrayHab!! He's already being called out for being G-A-Y.

Do you have links to this information?

This pairing doesn't "physically" fit (I know, very shallow of me). I mean to me Jill and Derick look kind of similar but when they first announced their courtship, I thought they looked like any average mid twenties couple. Same with Jessa and Ben (even though he was a teen husband). Jeremy looks noticeably older than Jinger. I have nothing against age gaps but like many of you have mention, what is a 28 year old educated preacher/ athlete going to have in common with a sheltered 22 year old christian who can't even leave her house by herself? I guess Benessa's age gap doesn't seem as drastic because Jessa was probably on the same mental field as 17 year old Ben. I honestly wonder if Jeremy had his eye on Jana at first but she didn't really show any signals back. From a superficial point of view, Jana and Jeremy would look like a better fit.  Plus, Jana also fits his requirements for a spouse (pretty, godly, meek). He is the cutest suitor so far but I'm leery about it. Hoping for the best though because Jinger seems likes a nice person. 

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

And Bin's BFF. 

Best Fundie Friend

That is what they say.  They also say that Michelle is a great mom and that Jinger can flip cars.

I don't doubt they are friendly, but men over 21 rarely have BFFs that thay haven't known since childhood-- or at least college.  Ben and Jeremy met around two years ago, during which time period Ben was courtin/newly wed/ a new father... Not a great time for guys to bond with other guys who are not exactly at the same stage in life.  

But what do I know?  When the Holy Spirit touches you . . .

14 minutes ago, season of life said:

John-David and Joy are left. Jeremy best not stop working to grift, especially after working so hard to become a soccer player. I am already thinking about how surreal it will be to see her get married and have children after holding onto the hope she would wait until she was older to court.

what about Jana? Even though it seems more likely she's going the Sarah Maxwell route......

Jeremy isn't a virgin. So he knows what to do on the honeymoon. Hope she won't be in pain.

38 minutes ago, marmalade said:

I wonder if she'll be a serial banner like Jessa or more of a live-and-let live type like Jill? SOMEONE at home bans people from the Duggar Family facebook page, and it sure as shit ain't Mechelle.

She seems so sensitive, I could see a post about people being "mean" at some point.

Kind of surprising news, imo. I thought for sure it would be John-David being pushed towards some naïve young fangirl. Jinger was second to last on the list, but here we are. He gives me Wilmer Valderamma vibes in a bad way. Not that I can say a damn thing about the age difference between them, since it's literally the same age gap between my S/O and I. I was naive and sheltered as well, though decidedly less than Jinger when I met him. We've also been together 2½ years with no intention of getting married in the near future. Then again, we have a child together, which is a bit more permanent. Even if we don't work out, we'll still have to deal with each other for the rest of our lives. IDk I see Jinger as being easily manipulated, which is concerning.

And $2 says that's Jana Banana with the banhammer :D

12 minutes ago, accountingstar said:

Fingers McPervy's PrayHab

What the heck is that??

1 minute ago, drivingmishcrazy said:

She seems so sensitive, I could see a post about people being "mean" at some point.

Kind of surprising news, imo. I thought for sure it would be John-David being pushed towards some naïve young fangirl. Jinger was second to last on the list, but here we are. He gives me Wilmer Valderamma vibes in a bad way. Not that I can say a damn thing about the age difference between them, since it's literally the same age gap between my S/O and I. I was naive and sheltered as well, though decidedly less than Jinger when I met him. We've also been together 2½ years with no intention of getting married in the near future. Then again, we have a child together, which is a bit more permanent. Even if we don't work out, we'll still have to deal with each other for the rest of our lives. IDk I see Jinger as being easily manipulated, which is concerning.

And $2 says that's Jana Banana with the banhammer :D

I was kind of hoping that if the show came back, we'd get to see a JD courtship because it would be so awkward and funny.

So they've been courting since December...bet they're already engaged. I predict a late fall/early winter wedding.

I'm just wondering how their interaction is going to be when counting on comes back because just physically they seem like an awkward coupling.

1 minute ago, IronicallyMaeve said:

So they've been courting since December...bet they're already engaged. I predict a late fall/early winter wedding.

Lord leave us hope the reception's not in a parking lot.

Holy Hell, you FJers are a busy bunch of little beavers!  I saw Pickles' courtship announcement on my FB feed this afternoon and jumped over here to catch the first few pages of snark.  Then I let myself be worldly distracted by my JOB (yes, I actually do work from home).  And returned here tonight to catch up.  Only to find we're already on part deux. :o

Everyone else has already made all the worthwhile comments.  So here is my .01 worth:
1. I REALLY, REALLY hope that the conjecture Jeremy could be gay is wrong.  Because that's a very shitty reason to enter a courtship.  (And if he is, I couldn't care less.  Just want him to be honest  with himself and others.)
2. I'm not sure that, as a true Certified Wedding Planner, I can handle another wedding season of life with Wackadoodle Sierra Who Dances With Flamingos.  Nope. Nope. Nope.
3. Regarding wedding photographer, I'm sure Britton & Erika Felber will get the call.  They've done several fundie weddings, including Jill's, Jessa's, and Priscilla's.  Plus his family is still ATI royalty.
4. Any bettors on how quickly Jillbilly can insert herself into this adventure?  I'm sure she'll volunteer the Rod Clan's (dubious) musical services in order to wrangle an invitation.

My throbbing headache is getting the best of me, so I'm signing off.  I'll try to check in tomorrow -- where you'll probably be on Part 47, Page 92.

nighty-night, all.

5 minutes ago, IronicallyMaeve said:

They said that he asked to get to know her in December, not court. At least that's what they said.

• SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic

Archived