IGNORED

JinJer 2: Courting, she did ride

dawbs

Well played, JB. You found a way to get your show back and get everybody's attention off of Josh. All it cost you was a daughter. Fuck you and your kind!

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

He asked to court her in December. They announce this NOW in... June.... I bet they are already engaged! He also said he had his eye on Jinger since she was, " everything they said only confirmed what I had already been seeing: a humble, meek, modest, intelligent young woman with a burning desire to sacrificially serve the Lord in any way she could." (Per his blog)

I wish them well but I do hope that the wording is dutiful fundyspeak and not all that he's attracted to. I am not convinced that it's a good foundation for a marriage that  the female is humble, meek and "sacrificial", willing to throw away her life to be more godly.  What about having fun together, enjoying each other's company, sharing some interests? 

I'm going with wedding in October. All outdoors.

Bronze or orange for the bridesmaids dresses, to honour Jinger's favourite past time of fake tanning.

Gold ties for the guys. Gold shoes for the girls.

Jinger will wear a long sleeve dress and a flower crown.

I predict their first kiss will be in private.

Honeymoon will be to Italy.

With a pregnancy announcement by Valentines Day.

878590746907aa90a48f6166035365a2.jpg

So what we have is Jessa's best sister ie her best friend in the world courting a man who her husband loves based on the fact that he is older and an established preacher who has appeared with him on videos and has the same beliefs. Who didn't see this coming because jinger had to toe the line. Selling "cars" is harder to do when you have been trained to do this for your entire life. 

and if Jessa did set them up this makes Jessa happy because because she can gloat during her TH's the entire season. Jinger is the easiest and the most maliable to, the people in her life expect it and demand it -  her sister,  her brother in law and her parents,I don't think this guy is that good for her because he already seems like a control freak and they have no chemistry. 

as for Jill well she is too quiet and since today is her anniversary -I suspect we get a big congrats today from the dynamic scary duo 

I wish them well but I do hope that the wording is dutiful fundyspeak and not all that he's attracted to. I am not convinced that it's a good foundation for a marriage that  the female is humble, meek and "sacrificial", willing to throw away her life to be more godly.  What about having fun together, enjoying each other's company, sharing some interests? 

Pfft. Their interests are religion and Jesus. It makes everything about them very shallow (which is the opposite of what it thinks it makes them!)

What else is to know when the answer to every Get To Know You game is "Jesus"?

See, they win at every games night proving they know each other the best.

Once again, I'm impressed with how quickly FJ exploded this thread into a 2nd part. Keep up the good work, kids! :evil-laugh:

22 minutes ago, foreign fundie said:

Then he asked for councel from Ben and Jessa. Really??? 28 yo pastor with education and prof background askes Ben for relationship guidance? Or should I read that as 'I asked Ben how bribe/ blackmail JB into consenting to courtship'.

He is a PASTOR. Someone who has to give marriage counseling, guides people through grieve and crises, and he asks Ben for advice on a girl? He may be 28. But when I met my DH, who was much younger then, he did not need any such advice. 

If he would have courted her without jumping on the Counting On band wagon, would have kept his real digital life visible and showed some authenticity, I may have had hope. So far, he checks all the wrong boxes.

Ben is the king of stalkers - so Mr New asking Ben for anything is comical.  And don't forget Jessa is JINGER's best friend in the world so obviously Mr New would talk to Jessa.  And because B & J ARE MARRIED  and know everything 

something Ben can throw in his face is the fact that a 28 year old PASTOR (Which is what BEN wants to be ) asked Ben is huge because this is what Ben ACHES for.  To be of guidance. I never got to that part of the story 

13 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

does not exist in their life - everything is a sacrifice and that is what Jinger is - to this guy to Ben and especially to jessa.  And JB is the king of sacrificing things 

meek
mēk/
adjective

1. quiet, gentle, and easily imposed on; submissive.
      - BOOM there it is SUBMISSIVE 

the guys a wacko 

8 minutes ago, actuallyjessica said:

Pfft. Their interests are religion and Jesus. It makes everything about them very shallow (which is the opposite of what it thinks it makes them!)

What else is to know when the answer to every Get To Know You game is "Jesus"?

See, they win at every games night proving they know each other the best.

It's just like all the birthday posts Duggars ever posted... they're all interchangeable. "So-and-so loves the Lord so much and we're not exactly sure which one of our kids this is or what they think about anything and that's why we can't say anything more personal about them  but  and we're so happy to have him/her in our lives. "  One meek and submissive sacrificial wife looks much like any other meek and submissive sacrificial wife.

5 hours ago, Kaylo said:

I took his testimony as - he was a very good athlete in high school and college - he partied - girls panties hit the floor because that's what happens with the very good athletes - he got thrown in the drunk tank once - and all of his guilt came roaring back. 

I was just watching one of his You Tubes "sermons", he says at five years old he knew he was a sinner. How these people warp children, makes me a little ill.

IIRC TFDW asked Joshley's advice about his relationship with Priscilla.  Maybe Jeremy was asking Ben's advice for the best way to handle Kim Jong Boob.  

AS for the wedding.  I know it is the bride's family's decision traditionally but the groom also gets a say.  Hopefully Jeremy has enough of a say to drill through Sierra and Kim Jong Boob's heads that the wedding will put his family to shame if there is not a substantial amount of food there.  If playing nice doesn't work he can play the headship card.

I also hope that he moves her to Texas upon marriage.  Get her away from the TTH.

Something that occured to me...

There is the meek, humble, modest, ultimately sacrificial young woman with her servant heart. However, when she recently discussed her motivation for flipping cars. She said (close paraphrase) 'My little brothers were making good money with this, so I wanted in on it.'

I don't know which of these two Jingers is closer to reality. I don't find either very attractive. One is some kind of boring saint. The other driven not by passion or interest, but money. Equally shallow. Both are probably TLC constructs. But still it is an interesting discrepancy in the way they picture her.

4 hours ago, JessaErin said:

Long time lurker, first time poster.. I can absolutely see Jessa being very jealous of Jinger (or at least of her courting Jeremy). Firstly, he is an actual adult, not some teenage boy. Second, he's an athlete and a very good looking one too. Thirdly, he just seems 100 times better than Bin in every aspect.. not like that's hard to do though. He's also actually educated, unlike Bin who can't string an educated sentence together! Idk, the moment I saw this I thought jeez he seems way more Jessa's type of man and I wonder if deep down she's lowkey pissed off that she settled for a teenager when she could of had him. 

This sounds like the makings of a scandal we can all enjoy.

1 hour ago, Fundie Bunny said:

That is a lovely dress. If Jinger curls her hair and wears a flowery headband( the sort that encircles the head not an Alice band).

You are right about it needing more fabric Fundie Bunny.  Ivory not white. Plain low heeled sandals not brown wedges. 

No orange fake tan, minimal make up, careful on the eyeliner.

Sorted!

Please no mail ordered in bulk nylon bridesmaid dresses!

I'd suggest floaty, layered ankle skimming very pale rose coloured dresses to blend in with Jingers ivory dress.  Flat ballet type shoes in the same colour as the dresses. The bridesmaids could carry simple posy's. No bibles. All bridesmaids matching. 

Meeeechelle MUST NOT be a maid of honour ( think Kelly Bates) No.No.No.

Meeeechelle's dress must not be chosen by her. NO. NO. NO.

Any other ideas?

2 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

So now that we've discussed the fact that Jeremy has more giant red flags than a Chinese military parade, 

You crack me up. I'm "borrowing" that one!

1 hour ago, VelociRapture said:

- A lovely Coffee/Soccer/Jesus hybrid theme.

A soccer playing Jesus wearing a Dunkin Donuts jersey.

All this creeper talk made me think of something - are fundie women allowed to leave physically abusive relationships, or do they pray it away like they do cheating? Where is the line drawn?

44 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

It's just like all the birthday posts Duggars ever posted... they're all interchangeable. "So-and-so loves the Lord so much and we're not exactly sure which one of our kids this is or what they think about anything and that's why we can't say anything more personal about them  but  and we're so happy to have him/her in our lives. "  One meek and submissive sacrificial wife looks much like any other meek and submissive sacrificial wife.

and it is what I say all the time - Ben is interchangeable - now Jinger and her new husband as well 

1 minute ago, HarleyQuinn said:

All this creeper talk made me think of something - are fundie women allowed to leave physically abusive relationships, or do they pray it away like they do cheating? Where is the line drawn?

Poor Anna is seemingly stuck in an emotionally abusive relationship. 

Each time a photo of the great ( these days lesser spotted) creepy J-B pops up I think of him  chatting to Anna about remembering her vows and sticking with creepy number 1 son. I then feel a great wave of nausea.

13 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

I'd suggest floaty, layered ankle skimming very pale rose coloured dresses to blend in with Jingers ivory dress.  Flat ballet type shoes in the same colour as the dresses. The bridesmaids could carry simple posy's. No bibles. All bridesmaids matching. 

Can they hire you as the wedding planner instead of Sierra?

19 minutes ago, 19 cats and counting said:

IIRC TFDW asked Joshley's advice about his relationship with Priscilla.  Maybe Jeremy was asking Ben's advice for the best way to handle Kim Jong Boob.  

AS for the wedding.  I know it is the bride's family's decision traditionally but the groom also gets a say.  Hopefully Jeremy has enough of a say to drill through Sierra and Kim Jong Boob's heads that the wedding will put his family to shame if there is not a substantial amount of food there.  If playing nice doesn't work he can play the headship card.

I also hope that he moves her to Texas upon marriage.  Get her away from the TTH.

we have to see how they interact on screen !

I  wonder what he will be like on screen - it will be different opoosed to his you tube videos 

maybe he will want all the groomsmen to wear soccer jerseys

2 minutes ago, nst said:

I  wonder what he will be like on screen - it will be different opoosed to his you tube videos 

I'll bet every other sentence that comes out his mouth will be offensive.  

6 minutes ago, 19 cats and counting said:

Cake topper?

3000154.jpg

Yes! This looks like the statue from Grace and Frankie.

I really do hope that Jinger will be happy. Although with a JB approved mate I'm not sure that's possible. This courtship is going to be the same old thing.

What I'm really looking forward to is whatever nonsense Sierra pulls together for the shower/bachelorette/wedding!

11 minutes ago, 19 cats and counting said:

Cake topper?

3000154.jpg

9 minutes ago, nst said:

Boob will wear a soccer referee uniform and will make the call as to when he can kiss the bride

*vomit*

• SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic

Archived