IGNORED

Adorable thing fundie boys cannot do

clibbyjo

My 9 year old and his best friend went shopping tonight. They walked though the stores holding hands and goofing off as 9 year old boys do. It was their " 7th anniversary from when they first met" and his friend gave him a present to celebrate. They tell people its "their anniversary" its so adorable.

The first thing I though of was they could NEVER do this in fundie land. NO anniversary, no hand holding and definately NO shopping(although we did go to the video game store and Goodwill so the stores were manly enough). I am so happy our boys are allowed to show love. :)

Guest Anonymous

Wow. I'm impressed! I am actually really surprised that they felt comfortable enough to do that even outside fundie circles. But it's great!!!!

My 9 year old and his best friend went shopping tonight. They walked though the stores holding hands and goofing off as 9 year old boys do. It was their " 7th anniversary from when they first met" and his friend gave him a present to celebrate. They tell people its "their anniversary" its so adorable.

The first thing I though of was they could NEVER do this in fundie land. NO anniversary, no hand holding and definately NO shopping(although we did go to the video game store and Goodwill so the stores were manly enough). I am so happy our boys are allowed to show love. :)

Super cute :)

That's really sweet of your boys. When I was a kid, I got really bored one summer and pretend-married my best friend's cat (he had a tux pattern). I wonder what the fundies would make of that!

Awww, I love that! My two year old son is always pretending to be putting on makeup and styling his hair when I do mine. His favorite color of the moment is also pink, the more neon, the better. I'm sure that would all be beaten out of him in fundie circles.

The fundies would have loved me. When I made my first communion at the Catholic Church, I was dressed in a pretty white dress and a veil and married my first grade boyfriend.

Love this story. I have sometimes thought that it must in some ways be more constraining to be a boy. I am always trying to encourage my daughter's inner badass, but often boys are discouraged from liking anything remotely girly. Her Maj's best friend during the preschool years was a little boy whose favorite color was pink. His mom tried to go with it while avoiding situations where he'd be taunted for it. There were some funny gymnastics when he wanted a pink batting helmet.

"Son, those are for softball. You're playing baseball." Then of course, a little girl (who turned out to be the ringer of the team) showed up with a pink helmet. A. spied the helmet and gave his mom a look that said he knew his parents had fibbed to him.

I think that's great! :) It shows they are healthy and well adjusted.

My 10 year old daughter holds hands with her best friend all the time - although I think holding hands is seen as more acceptable for girls in fundie land.

My daughter is autistic and has learning difficulties, now she has a boyfriend of 3 years... He is the older man at 13 and he has downs syndrome and learning difficulties. They hold hands have kissed on the cheek once (guess she has given away a piece of her heart!) and plan to get married when they are 25 and open a cake shop! In between selling cakes they are going to be singers (not sure the world is ready for that!) and dancers (seriously not ready for that). Luke, my daughter's beloved, is already saving up for the wedding - which btw will be themed pink (their favourite colour) - by saving up his money which he gets for chores, although he does keep breaking into it to buy music CDs. The bride and groom will wear pink and acceptance of any wedding invitation is presumed to be an understanding that you will also wear pink.

If FJ is still around, I'll invite you all. It will be the wedding of the century!

Would love to come to the wedding, Sola. It may take me that long to find something pink to wear!

My daughter and her friends went through a phase where their musical instruments were dating and/or getting married. I remember taking her to the wedding ceremony of a violin and a cello. Everyone dressed up, and there was cake. My daughter's celtic harp was a gay male, but he did not get married.

My 10 year old daughter holds hands with her best friend all the time - although I think holding hands is seen as more acceptable for girls in fundie land.

My daughter is autistic and has learning difficulties, now she has a boyfriend of 3 years... He is the older man at 13 and he has downs syndrome and learning difficulties. They hold hands have kissed on the cheek once (guess she has given away a piece of her heart!) and plan to get married when they are 25 and open a cake shop! In between selling cakes they are going to be singers (not sure the world is ready for that!) and dancers (seriously not ready for that). Luke, my daughter's beloved, is already saving up for the wedding - which btw will be themed pink (their favourite colour) - by saving up his money which he gets for chores, although he does keep breaking into it to buy music CDs. The bride and groom will wear pink and acceptance of any wedding invitation is presumed to be an understanding that you will also wear pink.

If FJ is still around, I'll invite you all. It will be the wedding of the century!

Not only would I come in a grand, pink ball gown from Goodwill, my daughter 's favorite song is Canon in D Minor which she could play it as they walk down the aisle. :)

You have this Special Education teacher in happy tears right now :D :clap:

This really makes me smile! Thank you for sharing this!! :clap:

I love it!

Awww, this made me melt, ánd tear up a bit...bless....

Even I will wear pink, which I have successfully avoided since I was old enough to dress myself ;) This thread may be the cutest ever at FJ.

Archived