IGNORED

Doug Philips is a tool (at best) and the now defunct Vision Forum - Part 3

Boogalou

On 12/10/2016 at 3:55 PM, DomWackTroll said:

So reasonable. So tolerant. So... dare I say, "liberal"? What is he up to? 

"Its is a potent reminder that otherwise sensible people can resort to horrible campaigns of dehumanization when they allow fear to drive their choices. And there is no reason to feel self-righteous towards the American government of the 1940's for this -- Christians are no strangers to the practice of dehumanizing those who frighten them. In some cases, they are the worst offenders. Until we are able to see all people -- even perceived enemies -- as God-created individuals of value and worth, worthy of respect, the objectification and dehumanization of our fellow-man will perpetuate."

Sounds like a description of what he taught his followers about women.

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2016-12-12 at 0:37 AM, Palimpsest said:

Justice was always the less photogenic son - in the gospel according to Doug.  He was rarely featured (compared to Joshua Titus)  in the VF promotional materials.

I hope athletically blessed Justice runs many miles from Doug.  Soon.

And for the love of all that is holy, Doug Phillips.  Let your daughters go!  Those '40s hairstyles and the red lipstick age them well beyond their years.  They should also be focusing on their own lives and future careers right now.  How many years have your daughters bolstered YOUR career plans with their strange fixation on Operation Meatball, Doug?

Perhaps they should now start concentrating on Korea and Vietnam veterans.  The WWII veterans will be in short supply in the future and you really have to give those young women a new hobby.

And  ::coughs:: when did YOU serve in the armed forces, Doug?

That didn't stop him from dressing up in a WWII uniform, with medals and all, when VF went to France for the "Final Farewell" tour in 2011.

http://www.christiannewswire.com/news/7353016667.html

Did anybody save the photos of Doug, playing Saving Private Ryan, and real WWII veterans?

Found the thread where we previously discussed this:
http://www.freejinger.org/topic/4719-further-proof-doug-phillips-is-a-tool/

Not quite sure how to handle this, now that my jaw is up off my keyboard.  The nerve of him to write,

""Its is a potent reminder that otherwise sensible people can resort to horrible campaigns of dehumanization (like the way I called Lourdes Torres a liar even if not in so many words)  when they allow fear to drive their choices (like I fear having to, y'know, get a real job, and how I fear being without a lot of money and how I fear people not adulating me and how I fear women because icky bodily fluids and all). And there is no reason to feel self-righteous (although I am very righteous and very in-love with myself and so I am pretty much the embodiment of self-righteousness)  towards the American government of the 1940's for this -- Christians are no strangers to the practice of dehumanizing those who frighten them. In some cases, they are the worst offenders (and of course in this case I'm pointing my finger and very much not noticing the fingers pointing back at me). Until we are able to see all people -- even perceived enemies -- as God-created individuals of value and worth, worthy of respect, the objectification and dehumanization of our fellow-man will perpetuate (and I'll be at the beginning and the end of the perpetuation and I'll be scolding all y'all about how dehumanizing you are and you won't notice my hypocrisy because I'll be leading you - so to speak - and I'll be behind you, picking up alllll the money you've given me to lead you.  Yep, that's me, Alpha & Omega, beginning and end.)."

Interesting how he's really coming down hard on "Christians."  I'm a little suspicious that he's going to try a new identity for himself, Son Of Howard The Heroic Jewish Man.  Not quite sure what it is, but he wouldn't be the first to use the star of David and other words and symbols to attempt to con ... lead ... anybody who's lost enough to be conned ... follow.

Please note: Nothing anti-Semitic implied or inferred or meant in the above.  Plenty that is anti-Doug, however.

"Christians are no strangers to the practice of dehumanizing those who frighten them. In some cases, they are the worst offenders"

I wonder if there's an element of "I know how it feels to have my human rights violated by my own government, because my Christian friends just can't get over the time I raped the nanny" here...

1 hour ago, MamaJunebug said:

Interesting how he's really coming down hard on "Christians."  I'm a little suspicious that he's going to try a new identity for himself, Son Of Howard The Heroic Jewish Man.  Not quite sure what it is, but he wouldn't be the first to use the star of David and other words and symbols to attempt to con ... lead ... anybody who's lost enough to be conned ... follow.

Doug Phillips Is A Tool has always been happy to flaunt Howard's Jewish background when convenient (= marketable). 

All roads lead to Doug.

Speaking of the "Jewish" angle... there's a whole "Messianic" Christian community out there who seem to be gullible about the most incredible things, if the shared posts on my FB feed are any indicator...

I know one family with ethnic Jewish ancestry, so that makes sense to me, but the rest of the families I know from the homeschooling community who are incorporating OT festivals and dietary laws and NT teachings, worship on Saturday, sing songs to Yeshua in Hebrew, are not.

But it may present a whole new super-gullible market for The Tool.

7 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

Doug Phillips Is A Tool has always been happy to flaunt Howard's Jewish background when convenient (= marketable). 

All roads lead to Doug.

There was also that video when he was doing a very bad Tevye imitation in the Tel Aviv airport and talking about Bethleham.

Jen goes off on Beall:

And look at Scotty now that he’s free! He’s writing about how he never did go for that “Patriarchy” stuff (lie)…
…and Christmas isn’t quite as “pagan” as it used to be. At least not when you’re trying to sell stuff.

Scottie is a lying hound!

It is really amusing to think where he is going to go with this.

Sensei @DomWackTroll!  Jen Fisburne, Bealle Phillips, Scott Brown IN ONE POST + a takedown of retail flogging by The National Center for Family [we have shit on sale for Christmas!] Integrated Churches.

I bow to your mastery. 

1 hour ago, Howl said:

Sensei @DomWackTroll!  Jen Fisburne, Bealle Phillips, Scott Brown IN ONE POST + a takedown of retail flogging by The National Center for Family [we have shit on sale for Christmas!] Integrated Churches.

Howl, I guess I'm just feeling nostalgic for the Vision Forum "Non-Christmas" catalogs. It was so fun, every year, to watch Doug plaster the pages with mistletoe, wreaths, evergreens, snow-covered cottages, fireside family scenes, and his own children dressed up in vaguely angel-y costumes-- and then struggle to not use the "C Word." 

"Winter Wonderland!" "Let It Snow!" "Join Us on a Sleigh Ride!" Oh, Doug... We all know you really, really want to say it. 

"Who are these people...who articulate these views?" grieves Scotty Bro -- why, they are YOU, Scott!  You YOU you!

Who's screen-capping old NCFIC pages before the anti-patriarchal scrubbing machine gets to them?

The unmitigated nerve if these people!  The Big Lie maneuver is as alive and well as it was in Getmany in the 1930s.  Say something outrageously false enough times and with a straight face, and people will believe you. "Who are these jerks? Well,  not Scott Brown, that's clear! I mean, he SAYS SO! He wouldn't be so forthright if he were lying!"

2 hours ago, Howl said:

I bow to your mastery. 

Adding my bow and thanks to DWT for a well-timed holiday walk down the VF/NCFIC memory lane. Those were good times. If only...<sigh>...we could add a touch of Botkin to the patriarchal potpourri. Come out, come out, wherever you are...

4 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

Jen goes off on Beall:

I
I

I'm bummed to have missed this sale. Nothing says Christmas like a half-price copy of "Early Piety: A Call to the Rising Generation."

Except maybe Johnny Preston singing "I want a rock and roll guitar," which is actually totally great:

SPOKEN:A ho ho ho......It was the night before Christmas and
everthing was real quiet. So I thought I'd take myself a little
walk at Christmas Eve Night. I was makin' it on down the street,
when to my surprise I saw this little bitty cat with big old
tears in his eyes. Now I could see he was standin' in front of
this music store and looked real brought down. I could hear what
he was sayin', he didn't know I was around...he say.....

I want a rock an' roll guitar
With a big bass string
I want a rock an' roll guitar
So I can play the thing

I wanna be on t.v.
Like a rock an' roll star
I want Santa Claus to bring me
A rock an' roll guitar

SPOKEN: ha ha ha.....so-a I walked over to him-a 'cause I understand.
I, I thought I'd cheer him up so I say, "Look-a-here little man,
A-you don't want no rock an' roll guitar, you want a six gun like
the Lone Ranger has, so you can run around sayin'-a hi ho Silver,
Kimo sabe, and all that cowboy jazz. Or how would you like old Santa
to bring you a little dump truck so you could go around a-dumpin'
things".....And he say, "Man, I don't want no dumptruck, I want
somethin' that swings".....He say.....

and there's more, but you can look it up:

10 hours ago, Marian the Librarian said:

If only...<sigh>...we could add a touch of Botkin to the patriarchal potpourri. Come out, come out, wherever you are...

They should be sending out their "New Year's (Not Christmas!!!) Greeting" soon, Marian! 

On 3/24/2016 at 10:08 PM, hoipolloi said:

Thanks, for the links CnD!

And here's our very own Tool, in the following photos:

BobbyBowdenDSC_7237.jpg

DSC_3443.jpg

Someone may have already asked this, so forgive me if I'm being stupid, but does anyone know the other guys in these photos? Old VF guys, or a new crew DP has gotten ahold of? Just out of curiosity.  

• 4 weeks later...

"Done Running" has posted a brief summary of the damage done to her, and to her relationship with her mother, by Phillips Is A Tool's Vision Forum Menistries (typo and it stays), over at Spiritual Sounding Board.

Kudos to Julie Ann of SSB for giving Done Running a forum and for keeping the filthy results of Phillips' endeavors front and center.

Done Running's story

7 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

"Done Running" has posted a brief summary of the damage done to her, and to her relationship with her mother, by Phillips Is A Tool's Vision Forum Menistries (typo and it stays), over at Spiritual Sounding Board.

Kudos to Julie Ann of SSB for giving Done Running a forum and for keeping the filthy results of Phillips' endeavors front and center.

Done Running's story

Thanks for the find, MJB. Thanks also to Julie Ann for her continued efforts with SSB. Perhaps Done Running will make her way to FJ one day. :group-hug:

(This makes me want to smack that little bastard Doug Phillips all over again. Just sayin'.)

Done Running's story is very moving.  I'm wondering whether it needs a separate thread so more people read it.

Count me in as a card carrying member of Julie Ann's fan club and also the DPIAT needs smacking group.

28 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Done Running's story is very moving.  I'm wondering whether it needs a separate thread so more people read it.

Count me in as a card carrying member of Julie Ann's fan club and also the DPIAT needs smacking group.

I agree, Done Running should haz her own topic. Can someone else handle? I'm late for a date. 

At @MamaJunebug's request I'm making a separate thread for this very moving story so it gets more much deserved attention.

Original post by MJB:

Kudos to Julie Ann of SSB for giving Done Running a forum and for keeping the filthy results of Phillips' endeavors front and center.

https://spiritualsoundingboard.com/2017/01/18/a-young-womans-personal-story-the-residual-effects-of-doug-phillips-bill-gothard-and-patriarchy/#comments

I also thank Julie Ann at the SSB for giving Done Running the opportunity to tell her story.

4 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

....DPIAT needs smacking group.

DPIAT is the poster boy for Backpfeifengesicht, a German word that means something like "a face that's begging to be slapped or punched". 

37 minutes ago, Howl said:

DPIAT is the poster boy for Backpfeifengesicht, a German word that means something like "a face that's begging to be slapped or punched". 

Who me?

DP5.jpg

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived