IGNORED

Doug Philips is a tool (at best) and the now defunct Vision Forum - Part 3

Boogalou

Beall's blog is so odd....like nothing at all ever happened and they just brushed it under the rug....as if their teaching did not damage hundreds of families, especially those with daughters.

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, bertnee said:

Peanut soup sounds disgusting.

Tried it at a cafe in Gettysburg, PA. It's on the main menu so lots of folk like it,  but it's not for this junebug. 

Be-all's blog saddened me to a surprising degree. The college-days photo of her happily trying to embrace Doug, who is *not* having it; the platinum bleach job to look younger ... I mean, because she likes it ... all I felt was sad for her. Because while she's almost certainly been  compliant in the schemes of Doug Phillips Is A Tool, she appears to me to be stuck with few options. 

The blog transparently is a tool [sic] to paint the family situation as just-peachy. 

At the part where it says "wife to a visionary" I mentally substituted "wife to a Tool/Rapist."

3 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

That's interesting.  Liberty is 20, and isn't Jubilee older than Faith?  

Yeah, you're right-- Jubilee is next in line after Liberty. How old is Faith? Faith is the one-- out of of the girls, anyway-- who I thought might break away first, because her beautiful operatic voice would give her a chance to pursue something away from home while still appearing feminine and ladylike.

Then Doug and Beall would write a baby-stepping, casual reference to it: "Faith is being trained at the conservatory while in the care of her aunt..." Like, "No big whoop, even though we taught against it for years and severely limited the lives of literally thousands of our female followers."  

Faith is 16, I think.  She may be 17 by now.  It will be a crying shame if she doesn't get professional operatic training with her voice.  

I don't think Doug will ever free his little caged song bird, however.  He's far more likely to let the boys go to real accredited universities than let the girls go.  IMO.

On 11/26/2016 at 9:58 AM, DomWackTroll said:

Then Doug and Beall would write a baby-stepping, casual reference to it: "Faith is being trained at the conservatory while in the care of her aunt..." Like, "No big whoop, even though we taught against it for years and severely limited the lives of literally thousands of our female followers."  

Yup, then it would be like Lisa Pennington, who assumed she'd have a household of obedient stay-at-home daughters;  then Faith flew the coop and all of the daughters 18 and older are now out of the house, living in other cities, and actually have (GASP! clutches pearls!) jobs.  I'm not saying that any of the daughters have abandoned their Christian beliefs, but they sure aren't living at home anymore in a SAHD bubble, without birth certificates and SSNs. 

It would be fascinating if Lisa P. were to write honestly about the seismic shift in their world view that allowed that to occur without Lisa having a nervous breakdown.  But no.  There's just drivel about Disneyland, little jaunts, and essential oils on the Pennington Point.  It's extremely likely, given shared beliefs and geographic proximity , that the Penningtons were familiar with and perhaps personally knew the Phillips family. 

So. . .Justice thru-hiked the PCT this summer (I don't snark, that's a hell of an accomplishment), is currently on a cross-country road trip on a motorcycle (nice bike!), and has plans to hike the Continental Divide Trail next.  My question is Where does he get that kind of money? Did he get a share of what DPIAT skimmed from Vision Forum?

ETA: just noticed that JT and Liberty are also enjoying lifestyles that are well above what most millennials can manage. Sounds like they were told to spend it all before the courts take it away.

2 hours ago, Howl said:

Maybe they're just not job-type people. 

Still, one has to either be a Person Of Independent Means or a grifter on a par with the Rodriguez to pull that off.

On November 26, 2016 at 8:17 AM, bertnee said:

Peanut soup sounds disgusting.

I pictured a spicy soup with garlic and ginger full of flavors and textures and drooled. Theirs is peanuts, butter, heavy cream. I was a bit disappointed. Hey people like what they like.

Just google "West African Peanut Stew".  Yum! 

Is Justice the son who is a triathlete?  

Perhaps some of the Phillips' $$ from Vision Forum was squirreled away into trust funds for the kids. 

On 11/27/2016 at 1:04 PM, Howl said:

It's extremely likely, given shared beliefs and geographic proximity , that the Penningtons were familiar with and perhaps personally knew the Phillips family. 

We have reason to believe that DPIAT and James P know each other.  It's a small Fundie world.

10 hours ago, Howl said:

Maybe they're just not job-type people. 

Now, now.  Joshua has a real job.  He is working at the proudly unaccredited Reformation Bible College founded by his girl friend's grandpapa.  And if that isn't a Staddon on the far left in the photo on this page:  http://www.reformationbiblecollege.org/about/ then I'm a monkey's aunt. 

Justice seems to be on a very long sabbatical.  So, is he doing this Hazardous Journey all by himself or with friends?  

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Doug squirreled away a helluva lot of money before the collapse of VFM.  

22 minutes ago, Howl said:

I make a very spicy version of this from my mother's old recipe book - but she called it Groundnut Stew. It's really good. :)

J. Pennington is a supreme douche. sounds about right he is connected to DPIAT

West African peanut stew sound delicious. Googling ground nut stew now.

just googled- yummy, reminds me of some foods from the Dutch West Indies.

Doug TR once told the story in his blog that he wouldn't ask BeAll to marry him until she was able to cook the best peanut soup for him. Seriously, it wasn't a suggestion to her but was an ultimatum (and he was proud to relate this in his blog). Learn to cook the best peanut soup or I will not marry you. So BeAll went to some fancy restaurant known for this culinary delight (each to his own, but I wouldn't want any) and got the chef to write out his recipe for her. She then made it for The Rapist and earned the privilege (a lot more disturbing thought than peanut soup) of The Matrimonial Question.

3 hours ago, Pastors Daughter said:

Doug TR once told the story in his blog that he wouldn't ask BeAll to marry him until she was able to cook the best peanut soup for him.

Yep. It was an ultimatum to Be-All, not a request.

11 minutes ago, FundieFarmer said:

I'm sorry wait, who's he dating? 

It's a few pages back.  @hoipolloi put me out of my misery. :) 

5 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

It's a few pages back.  @hoipolloi put me out of my misery. :) 

Oh gotcha. Clearly I haven't been following this thread well. Whoops!

9 hours ago, Pastors Daughter said:

She then made it for The Rapist and earned the privilege (a lot more disturbing thought than peanut soup) of The Matrimonial Question.

Your post got me all misty so I went googling for their wedding photo, and I found it... but I also found this. Have we ever talked about this photo? Look at how Beall is gritting her teeth; you can actually see it. Look at her eyes. I ask you, is this someone who had no idea of what was going on? None???

DP3.jpg

On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 7:54 AM, Howl said:

You took the words right out of mouth--most African cooking with peanuts is delicious.

22 hours ago, Pastors Daughter said:

Doug TR once told the story in his blog that he wouldn't ask BeAll to marry him until she was able to cook the best peanut soup for him. Seriously, it wasn't a suggestion to her but was an ultimatum (and he was proud to relate this in his blog). Learn to cook the best peanut soup or I will not marry you. So BeAll went to some fancy restaurant known for this culinary delight (each to his own, but I wouldn't want any) and got the chef to write out his recipe for her. She then made it for The Rapist and earned the privilege (a lot more disturbing thought than peanut soup) of The Matrimonial Question.

Well, I saw Rachael Ray make a pasta sauce the she titled "You won't be single for long"...

On 11/29/2016 at 5:36 AM, Palimpsest said:

We have reason to believe that DPIAT and James P know each other.  It's a small Fundie world.

Now, now.  Joshua has a real job.  He is working at the proudly unaccredited Reformation Bible College founded by his girl friend's grandpapa.  And if that isn't a Staddon on the far left in the photo on this page:  http://www.reformationbiblecollege.org/about/ then I'm a monkey's aunt. 

Justice seems to be on a very long sabbatical.  So, is he doing this Hazardous Journey all by himself or with friends?  

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Doug squirreled away a helluva lot of money before the collapse of VFM.  

I make a very spicy version of this from my mother's old recipe book - but she called it Groundnut Stew. It's really good. :)

Any chance you can share? I've been looking for a good recipe but just haven't found one quite to my liking. (And given your background, I'm guessing it might be Africa-authentic.)

1 hour ago, DomWackTroll said:

Doug posted this photo on FB a few days ago. 

Taken with his Leica which, if memory serves, is one in the M Series

Nothing like resigning in disgrace but getting to keep all the toys, never mind the $$.

Jubilee's shoes would have been considered a crime of gender nonconformity just a few years ago in VF circles, would they not? And Liberty doesn't even seem to care that the whole world can see her knees! 

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived