IGNORED

Doug Philips is a tool (at best) and the now defunct Vision Forum - Part 3

Boogalou

4 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

The comparison to Profumo is quite apt.  I'm amazed she's heard of him.

Carmon is something of an autodidact. She has a huge library in her home and reads voraciously. 

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

9 minutes ago, DomWackTroll said:

Carmon is something of an autodidact. She has a huge library in her home and reads voraciously. 

Are they leather bound books, and does her apartment smell of rich mahogany?

36 minutes ago, DomWackTroll said:

Seriously, her library is... a library. 

I want this room. Now. :pb_eek:

43 minutes ago, Loveday said:

I want this room. Now. :pb_eek:

This is why I became a librarian...:my_biggrin:

And now, back to our regularly scheduled DPIAT programming.

10 hours ago, ladyamylynn said:

Are they leather bound books, and does her apartment smell of rich mahogany?

Well, she did do away with the strains of cellos playing in that room...

Add me to the list of people lusting after that library.

Correct me if this is the wrong forum, but I was at goodwill on Sunday and found this-- it's a vision forum book! Apparently published in the 1800s but still considered relevant.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

13 minutes ago, BabyBottlePop said:

Correct me if this is the wrong forum, but I was at goodwill on Sunday and found this-- it's a vision forum book! Apparently published in the 1800s but still considered relevant.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I actually have that book....and like it ;-)

15 minutes ago, BabyBottlePop said:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

VF specialized in republishing out-of-copyright books and then selling them at incredibly high prices to the sheeple. 

Among their more notorious republications were the entire Elsie Dinsmore and G. A. Henty series. 

VF specialized in republishing out-of-copyright books and then selling them at incredibly high prices to the sheeple. 
Among their more notorious republications were the entire Elsie Dinsmore and G. A. Henty series. 

Off I trudge to see if my Elsie Dinsmore books were from VF.

My practically Victorian parents (jokes, but they were strict) bought me the books. I've said before I liked the historical aspect of them but not the strictness of her upbringing. Bleccch.

Holy mackerel!  Perry Coughlan and Julie Anne both showed up with replies on Carmon's post! 

The subtext of Beall's post on their After Vision Forum page?  "That awful Loudes vixen almost tore our family apart."  

Please clarify for me Carmon Friedrich's role in Vision Forum.  Was she part of Boerne Christian Assembly?  Vision Forum? 

13 minutes ago, Howl said:

Please clarify for me Carmon Friedrich's role in Vision Forum.  Was she part of Boerne Christian Assembly?  Vision Forum? 

Carmon was a major leg-humper & attendee/panelist/etc. at VF events like the film festivals or the bay-bee conference. She & her husband live in CA, have 10 kids, and have pretty much rejected the patriarchy shite & related stuff peddled by VF. She used to have a blog called Buried Treasure but closed it a couple of years ago or more.

In addition to repudiating Doug Phillips Is A Sexual Predator at the time of Tool 'O Ween, members of her family were also abuse victims as minors -- a sad thing all around.

She has mentioned this on her FB page. She's still a fundie with a lot of the baggage that entails but she has seen the light on some of this shite.

I'd just like to say, on a day that has been a bit of a living nightmare, that the term "Tool O' Ween" makes me unreasonably happy.

On 11/5/2016 at 2:48 PM, DomWackTroll said:

Yeah, I have to give it to Carmon. She has definitely humbled herself and learned from experience. 

So... No supportive Facebook post from soon-to-be in-law Spanky yet? Why do I have a feeling that Doug keeps getting his voicemail? 

Spanky just got engaged, so he might be too busy to check FB. Oh, who am I kidding? He's always on FB.

On 11/7/2016 at 4:54 PM, hoipolloi said:

And here we thought that it was the interns fixing the typos on Doug's Blog:

I am a little bummed that it wasn't the interns editing The Tool's posts (but Hi Former Interns! anyway). 

FreeJinger's getting some positive shout-outs on Carmon's page. Who would have ever thought this would occur?

I'm reading Carmon Friedrich's FB page and wonder what these quotes are about:

His sins go far beyond what he did to Lourdes, and I am not convinced there is any repentance for that.

There is sin to overlook, but this is not sin to be overlooked. And those who say, "Oh, well, he said he was 'sorry' (while he continues to wreak harm on multiple victims)

(My bolded). I wonder what this is about? Are there more people who have been sexually abused by Doug? I wouldn't be surprised since sexual predators usually have a long history of abuse once they get caught. Or are they talking about spiritual abuse?

It does not rebuke anyone who feels shock and horror at what has been (the sexual abuse, the financial indiscretions, the extreme hypocrisy over many years, willfully using people, and so forth)

We have been speculating about Doug embezzling money and it seems to be confirmed here. Are there any more information about this? (I haven't read all the threads about Doug the last three years, so I may have missed it.)

This quote is about Beall. I have always thought that she couldn't have been completely ignorant about what her husband was up to. I'd love to know what "how she treated those of us who would have had sympathy for her" means.

She had to know some stuff if you believe some of the players I've talked to, my to mention how she treated those of us who would have had sympathy for her.

8 hours ago, Clementine said:

We have been speculating about Doug embezzling money and it seems to be confirmed here. Are there any more information about this? (I haven't read all the threads about Doug the last three years, so I may have missed it.)

Not much hard information that has leaked out or been otherwise revealed (e.g., court records). 

We've been speculating about the possibility of Doug embezzling money and the obvious conflict of interest between VFI and VFM (like the sale of Jonathan Park) but there's no hard evidence.  

Others have stated that Doug spent money like water at VFM and was fiscally irresponsible.  Certainly when they liquidated VFM there wasn't much left going by the final Form 990.

Hi Carmon.  :greetings-waveyellow:  You and your friends are doing a very good job.  Please keep it up!

Wanted to alert y'all to the Landmark Events- LOLDoug: The Next Generation thread that has gotten active again because Landmark Events is being sued by the Feds - National Park Service for illegal guiding.  Find it here  and read the whole thing.  It's just one page and a fun little rabbit hole.  Rescue ferrets can stand down on this one, unless someone is considering signing up for a tour. 

Interesting tidbit from Beall's Blog, in a post about peanut soup: "We are gathering this Thanksgiving from four states. Half of my children are adults now, moving into new and exciting stages of life."

https://beallsblog.com/new-blog-1/peanut-soup

Half her children are adults? So that's J-Tits, Injustice, Liberty, and maybe Faith? And if they're gathering from four states, counting Texas as one of them, that would mean that at least three of her children live in other states, which would mean that at least one female child is living in another state. Not "under her father's umbrella of protection." 

That's interesting.  Liberty is 20, and isn't Jubilee older than Faith?  Perhaps she means Honor?  I always get confused by the Phillips kids' names because I'm fairly sure Honor and Providence are both boys.

Joshua Titus is in Florida working for Reformation Bible College.  Do we know where Justice is working?

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived