IGNORED

Doug Philips is a tool (at best) and the now defunct Vision Forum - Part 3

Boogalou

It seems the conversation has moved on from Lourdes so I have not included her in the title.  Here's an old summary.  If anyone else wants to provide a more updated summary go for it!  

On 12/06/2015 at 2:15 PM, Palimpsest said:

Quick summary as requested:

Lourdes Torres (formerly Torres-Manteufel) is suing Doug Phillips (formerly head Honcho of Vision Forum Inc. and Ministries) for the sexual and spiritual abuse he inflicted on her over the course of many years. The suit has been expanded to include Don Hart, Scott Brown, and James Zes who were on the VFM Board of Directors.

Lourdes and Nolan have divorced. We wish them well in going their separate ways. Lourdes is in college. Go Lourdes!

Doug is apparently scampering around France with his daughters' Operation Meatball project at the moment. Have pity on the WWII veterans he is pestering.

The case appears to be going to trial soon, so we are on trial watch.

From Spiritual Sounding board, a March update from Gibbs III (Lourdes's attorney):

Link not broken because Julie Anne knows all about us and she will appreciate the hits: http://spiritualsoundingboard.com/tag/l ... manteufel/

This link goes to all the SSB articles on Lourdes.

From here: 

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's not much change really.

I'll only add:

- The Torres vs The Tool/VF/VM and sundry other collaborating tools lawsuit may be in the process of being settled.  I'm sure we all hope that Lourdes is satisfied with the outcome and that Doug and Co. get burned.

- The Tool appears to be selling his talents for dressing up in costume and controlling and conning others to WWII Veterans Groups.  There may be a TV program in the works.  We have sympathy for any young woman unfortunate enough to have to work with or for the Tool.

- The burning question - will either the Tool, or his always delighful helpmeet Beall, ever get off their well-appointed asses and get jobs that do not exploit others to support their minor children.

1 hour ago, Palimpsest said:

- The burning question - will either the Tool, or his always delightful helpmeet Beall, ever get off their well-appointed asses and get jobs that do not exploit others to support their minor children.

Let me help with this:  Doug and Beall are not job-type people. 

(thanks and a tip 'o the hat to Ex Gay Greg)

My gut tells me that DP has a stash of money somewhere and I figure as long as that doesn't run out, he's just going to keep on doing what he's doing.

21 minutes ago, GenerationCedarchip said:

My gut tells me that DP has a stash of money somewhere and I figure as long as that doesn't run out, he's just going to keep on doing what he's doing.

Maybe his next project will be a search for the elusive 'Nazi gold'. ;) It even stays within the WWII theme.

I expect he still has supporters who are convinced he was wrongly accused and who are willing to contribute to his lifestyle/costume budget in the hopes he will return to some sort of ministry. I agree that Doug (Phillips who is a tool) is not a job-type person, fancying himself as more of an "inspirational" thinker. 

Yes, he seems to have a knack for finding wealthy "mentors" and he fills their heads with nonsense about how their supporting him will change the course of history. You would think they'd see the obvious contradiction with Doug's belief in predestination, but no. 

27 minutes ago, DomWackTroll said:

Yes, he seems to have a knack for finding wealthy "mentors" and he fills their heads with nonsense about how their supporting him will change the course of history. You would think they'd see the obvious contradiction with Doug's belief in predestination, but no. 

So it looks like that guy Dale Wallace - mentioned here: http://alabamanewscenter.com/2015/12/07/bobby-bowden-retraces-world-war-ii-from-omaha-beach-to-battle-of-the-bulge/

Attorney Dale Wallace, who organized the project along with Rick Davis, law partner at Wallace Jordan Ratliff & Brandt, explained: - See more at: http://alabamanewscenter.com/2015/12/07/bobby-bowden-retraces-world-war-ii-from-omaha-beach-to-battle-of-the-bulge/#sthash.2zde8353.dpuf

Might possibly be the same attorney mentioned here: http://www.wnd.com/files/2014/04/Ltraboutarticle4-14-14.pdf which shows a CC to Dale Wallace, ESQ. Someone indicated that he might be paying Doug $300K to make the film.

Further digging has revealed another link: http://b-metro.com/bobbybowden/19801/

Thanks, for the links CnD!

And here's our very own Tool, in the following photos:

BobbyBowdenDSC_7237.jpg

DSC_3443.jpg

The thought of Doug Phillips coming out of the woodwork to make another history-twisting film makes me downright queasy. 

4 hours ago, Mary C Doates said:

I expect he still has supporters who are convinced he was wrongly accused and who are willing to contribute to his lifestyle/costume budget in the hopes he will return to some sort of ministry. I agree that Doug (Phillips who is a tool) is not a job-type person, fancying himself as more of an "inspirational" thinker. 

Yes. Yes, he does.

I have heard it with my own ears. "Everybody makes mistakes." "There was so much pressure on him... people put him on a pedestal, making him a target" ("people" at fault, certainly not the man himself), "He's a really godly man -- David stumbled (and because of sexual temptation! That slutty Bathsheba, y'know, bathing in plain sight), and God still used him..." and more of the same.

6 hours ago, refugee said:

"There was so much pressure on him... people put him on a pedestal, making him a target"

Yeah, he never did that himself, did he... :2wankers:

On 3/25/2016 at 0:32 AM, hoipolloi said:

Am I the only one here who reads "filmmaker Doug Phillips" and thinks immediately of Roger De Bris and Carmen Ghia in the 1968 film version of The Producers?

My son-in-law played Carmen Ghia in a local production of "The Producers." Even with his frenetic gamboling about,  he was super-butch-macho compared with DPIART.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/17/2016 at 11:16 AM, Marian the Librarian said:

Bumping to report - Liberty Phillips has set up a Go Fund Me page for "Running for Iwo Jima."

https://www.gofundme.com/running4iwojima

No updates to the DPIAT/R legal case for a very long time now. I wonder what's happening?

Running any marathon is a laudable goal, but this being fj, my first thought is, What will she wear?  I know one of the DPIAT sons is a triathlete, so she should have some good training advice, but if she runs this in a denim skirt, I don't know what to say. 

I have seen some cute little running skirts to wear over shorts or tights, so maybe she'll go that route. 

My first thought looking at the Go Fund Me was that Liberty is selling dirt for $100 a jar.  (Didn't Matt Roloff try the same thing?)  The sand didn't necessarily come from Iwo Jima either.There are rules about importing soil into the US, believe it or not, especially from war zones.  https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/955/~/importing-soil-into-the-united-states

While it is a laudable goal, Liberty doesn't have to run a marathon in a skirt or out of a skirt, she just has to say she is running a marathon and stand on the starting line.  

Yes, I'm a cynic and I may be misjudging her but -

“I’ll find it!” cried Liberty.
“I’ll find it or bust!
I SHALL find some donors
with my small specks of dust!”

"We’ve GOT to make money in greater amounts!
So, open your wallets, vets!
For every dollar counts!"

(Sorry, Dr. Seuss.)

49 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

My first thought looking at the Go Fund Me was that Liberty is selling dirt for $100 a jar.  (Didn't Matt Roloff try the same thing?)  The sand didn't necessarily come from Iwo Jima either.There are rules about importing soil into the US, believe it or not, especially from war zones.  https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/955/~/importing-soil-into-the-united-states

Re: bolded. Many jurisdictions & other countries also have rules about TAKING their soil, not to mention that they may find it offensive.

Then again, when did a Phillips ever do something that wasn't godly or at least completely A-OK?

20 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

Re: bolded. Many jurisdictions & other countries also have rules about TAKING their soil, not to mention that they may find it offensive.

Then again, when did a Phillips ever do something that wasn't godly or at least completely A-OK?

Oh, wow.  Thanks.  Actually the appropriateness of taking sand crossed my mind but I didn't research it.  Yes, it is very offensive.

Given that Liberty touts the Japanese/US agreement about vets revisiting Iwo Jima in her Go Fund Me, I wonder how she would feel about being offending the Japanese by stealing sand - and she is not even a veteran or a relative of a vet who died there.

She is only 19 but the arrogance and entitlement just burn.  So either she illicitly nicked Iwo Jima sand or it is common TX dirt.

1 hour ago, Palimpsest said:

While it is a laudable goal, Liberty doesn't have to run a marathon in a skirt or out of a skirt, she just has to say she is running a marathon and stand on the starting line.  

Yes, I'm a cynic and I may be misjudging her but -

“I’ll find it!” cried Liberty.
“I’ll find it or bust!
I SHALL find some donors
with my small specks of dust!”

"We’ve GOT to make money in greater amounts!
So, open your wallets, vets!
For every dollar counts!"

(Sorry, Dr. Seuss.)

What do the Phillips daughters do all day? Somehow, I'm imagining them lounging around like the Southern Belles they imagine themselves to be, occasionally doing WWII cosplay, and then lounging around some more. I'm thinking of how my late music teacher, who was a WWII vet would have reacted to their attempts at "honoring vets." He was a conservative white Southerner, but I could see him asking them why they weren't working or in school and to please stop treating WWII as an excuse to put on sparkly outfits.

Too bad she wasn't in HI and took some volcanic soil. Lady Pele could come down and whip her ass good. 

Lourdes just posted a picture on fb of her sitting on a guy's lap, looking very cozy and very happy!  She tagged him in the picture, but I'm not going to post his name here, so it's serious enough that she's putting it out there.  All of the comments are big smiley faces with heart eyes, so I'm assuming it's her boyfriend.  He's very cute and they look like a good match- well, as good of a match as one can tell from a picture :)  I'm always rooting for Lourdes, so I really hope he's a good guy AND a good guy for her!

On 4/18/2016 at 3:07 PM, Palimpsest said:

Oh, wow.  Thanks.  Actually the appropriateness of taking sand crossed my mind but I didn't research it.  Yes, it is very offensive.

Given that Liberty touts the Japanese/US agreement about vets revisiting Iwo Jima in her Go Fund Me, I wonder how she would feel about being offending the Japanese by stealing sand - and she is not even a veteran or a relative of a vet who died there.

She is only 19 but the arrogance and entitlement just burn.  So either she illicitly nicked Iwo Jima sand or it is common TX dirt.

http://www.japantoday.com/category/kuchikomi/view/iwo-jima-sand-souvenirs-grate-on-japanese-sensibilities

https://www.google.com/#q=iwo+jima+sand

Iwo Jima sand is fairly unique. It's not something you can just pick up from anywhere in Texas and I have a friend who has some sand that the family brought back the first time they went to Iwo for the League of Grateful Sons film that Vision Forum put out.

There's almost always some for sale on eBay: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2053587.m570.l1313.TR4.TRC2.A0.H0.Xiwo+jima+sand.TRS0&_nkw=iwo+jima+sand&_sacat=0

If you look at that link you posted about bringing "soil" into the country, there's a further bit on another link that says that it's basically OK to bring non-contaminated sand for "personal use" https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/1226/related/1

I was under the impression that a lot of the US vets that were on Iwo didn't seem to have much if any problem with folks stuffing a backpack and bringing it back home, but the Japanese feel differently about it. BTW, there are also a LOT of the US Marine vets that I and others have met that are pretty sore about the island that they fought for being returned to the Japanese as a shrine, basically.

23 hours ago, punkiepie said:

Lourdes just posted a picture on fb of her sitting on a guy's lap, looking very cozy and very happy!  She tagged him in the picture, but I'm not going to post his name here, so it's serious enough that she's putting it out there.  All of the comments are big smiley faces with heart eyes, so I'm assuming it's her boyfriend.  He's very cute and they look like a good match- well, as good of a match as one can tell from a picture :)  I'm always rooting for Lourdes, so I really hope he's a good guy AND a good guy for her!

It's kind of weird that she hasn't removed the pics of her and Nolan. But good for her, I agree that she deserves happiness.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived