IGNORED

Sierra Jo Dominguez Abysmal Wedding Planner Part 3

Boogalou

1 hour ago, ClaraOswin said:

She makes me tired.

I say this all the time about people who just work my very last nerve, or otherwise wear me out.  It makes me smile to know I'm not the only one!

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish her husband would get a vasectomy already. Sierra sounds exhausted and overworked. She needs someone to treat her to a dinner and then tell her it's more than okay to stop at 5 kids. 

I feel bad because that's honestly a lot of work for one parent and she needs her downtime too. It can't always be about the children.

33 minutes ago, season of life said:

I wish her husband would get a vasectomy already. Sierra sounds exhausted and overworked. She needs someone to treat her to a dinner and then tell her it's more than okay to stop at 5 kids. 

I feel bad because that's honestly a lot of work for one parent and she needs her downtime too. It can't always be about the children.

I thought she was 30 or 35 years old.  Can't believe she is only 25!  She's aging quickly.

2 minutes ago, DuggarWatch said:

I thought she was 30 or 35 years old.  Can't believe she is only 25!  She's aging quickly.

Absolutely! When I first started looking at Sierra, I assumed she was in her mid thirties. I was honestly surprised at how young she was and when I saw her wedding photos on FB, I was stunned as to how a 19 year old girl could look that old.

Not to be bitchy, but it caught me off guard.

23 minutes ago, season of life said:

Absolutely! When I first started looking at Sierra, I assumed she was in her mid thirties. I was honestly surprised at how young she was and when I saw her wedding photos on FB, I was stunned as to how a 19 year old girl could look that old.

Not to be bitchy, but it caught me off guard.

She met her husband, Mark, when she was 18 and he was 26.  They married eight months later when she was 19, in December of 2008.  Like Josh and Anna, they have been married for seven years.

In the video with Jessa she looked like she would burst into tears if her husband didn't take the boys.  This is the first time I've seen her not looking happy.  No smiles, frazzled...she just looked worn out.  What a horrible belief system that makes women think they aren't anything without an oversized brood of children.  Really, the women are just broodmares.

28 minutes ago, Carol said:

In the video with Jessa she looked like she would burst into tears if her husband didn't take the boys.  This is the first time I've seen her not looking happy.  No smiles, frazzled...she just looked worn out.  What a horrible belief system that makes women think they aren't anything without an oversized brood of children.  Really, the women are just broodmares.

Carol, did you accidentally put Jessa instead of Sierra? Just wondering, cuz I think you were talking about Sierra and her sons.

1 minute ago, season of life said:

Carol, did you accidentally put Jessa instead of Sierra? Just wondering, cuz I think you were talking about Sierra and her sons.

I was talking about how Sierra looked in the video with Jessa when Jessa brought Spurgeon to visit her.  I can see it could be confusing, though.

5 minutes ago, Jana814 said:

She looks so much older then 25. Does anyone know if she was raised religious or not. 

I think she was raised mainstream. I am pretty sure I saw some pics of her in (gasp) shorts somewhere - NIKE!

I think she became a fundie nuthead later on in life.

6 minutes ago, Jana814 said:

She looks so much older then 25. Does anyone know if she was raised religious or not. 

IIRC, she didn't become fundie until she and her husband became serious, or maybe once they were married.

42 minutes ago, Jana814 said:

Sierra was not raised in Gothardland.  She and her husband both went to public schools and Sierra had one year of college.   Every woman in Sierra's family wears shorts, tank tops and slacks.  Sierra changed her personal dress code when she started hanging out with the Duggars and received money from TLC to appear on the Duggar reality show.   

@Carol, Whoops, sorry.

There are a few photos of the daughters (Ellyn and Edyn) wearing pants, so I guess they get to wear those, as opposed to the Duggar children.

UGH Sierra Jo is in the next episode of Counting On. That woman is all the birth control I'll ever need, her kids aged her so badly and she always looks like she is about to cry, and I think she lost all ability to communicate with adult humans.

2 hours ago, Mela99 said:

Poor child... Daylon!? 

Thank the Lord I am not the only one who thought the same! 

In this day and age...that name really doesn't seem that crazy to me. I mean, it's not a name I would choose (I like regular/traditional names) but it's not the worst I've ever heard.

4 hours ago, OrchidBlossom said:

UGH Sierra Jo is in the next episode of Counting On. That woman is all the birth control I'll ever need, her kids aged her so badly and she always looks like she is about to cry, and I think she lost all ability to communicate with adult humans.

She strikes me as one of those moms who really needs everything to be like a Pinterest board. She needs to be seen as a Supermom and get validation through that, and that means that she won't admit being in over her head, because only the godless bad moms can't handle 5 children born in quick succession. I think she has intense guilt for feeling like she can't handle so many children, but masks it by overdoing everything else in her life to prove to herself and others that she's the best Quiverfull mom ever.

She is only 25 and has 5 children, married at 19? that is almost a child a year. if they go on like this then it will be nr. 20 for her or even more.

honestly I don't think she looks that old. 5 years older than 25 at most I would say, it's not that bad.

I think she is really cute on the show and I love to see her but it makes me cringe to think she is 25 with 5 children and already has a burn out.

3 hours ago, eclairaupistache said:

She is only 25 and has 5 children, married at 19? that is almost a child a year. if they go on like this then it will be nr. 20 for her or even more.

honestly I don't think she looks that old. 5 years older than 25 at most I would say, it's not that bad.

I think she is really cute on the show and I love to see her but it makes me cringe to think she is 25 with 5 children and already has a burn out.

Most women her age in America aren't even married yet.  The average age of first marriage in the United States is 27 for women and 29 for men.

I'm seeing a trend of people marrying pretty young and having their first baby a few years after. Sierra, Alyssa, Ben... I know there are some who do marry that young and have good lives, but it seems unfair to have to be responsible for a little human at their ages.

What I find fascinating about Sierra is that she has chosen fundydom (or should I say fundydumb) & rushed headlong into it, embracing skirts, homeschooling, wifely submission & nonstop babies, & now we see her grappling the results. There is no indication that husband pushed her into it. I sometimes wonder if husband isn't really on board with the boatload of children idea, and may object in the future. The Sierra will have a really faith crisis to deal with--what to do when your headship say no??

7 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

In this day and age...that name really doesn't seem that crazy to me. I mean, it's not a name I would choose (I like regular/traditional names) but it's not the worst I've ever heard.

I agree. It's bad, but it's not Spurgeon-bad...

What I find fascinating about Sierra is that she has chosen fundydom (or should I say fundydumb) & rushed headlong into it, embracing skirts, homeschooling, wifely submission & nonstop babies, & now we see her grappling the results. There is no indication that husband pushed her into it. I sometimes wonder if husband isn't really on board with the boatload of children idea, and may object in the future. The Sierra will have a really faith crisis to deal with--what to do when your headship say no??

Have you ever read her blog post about how they met? I get the vibe he's pretty on board with leaving the amount of kids up to God.

But I have a real soft spot for Sierra. Her old blog posts make it sound like she was just a lost 19 year old (as many of us have been) and instead of being able to get through that she was drug headfirst into religion by a boy she thought was hot. I know she's an adult and can make her own decisions, but I think her husband borderline slut-shamed her into religion and to make amends for all her past mistakes she downed the Kool-Aid and jumped into skirts.

12 minutes ago, HRM1216 said:

Have you ever read her blog post about how they met? I get the vibe he's pretty on board with leaving the amount of kids up to God.

But I have a real soft spot for Sierra. Her old blog posts make it sound like she was just a lost 19 year old (as many of us have been) and instead of being able to get through that she was drug headfirst into religion by a boy she thought was hot. I know she's an adult and can make her own decisions, but I think her husband borderline slut-shamed her into religion and to make amends for all her past mistakes she downed the Kool-Aid and jumped into skirts.

I have read the blog post. Even though he may say he's on board, he may gradually become uncomfortable with having to be the breadwinner for an ever-growing family. I can't imagine the pressure of knowing that each year you might need to stretch your earnings to accommodate a new baby. If Sierra has another baby in the year or so, I think it will become virtually impossible for her to continue her strawberry business with SIX little ones underfoot. UNLESS she gets major childcare help from her parents or from a J'Slave.

• SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic

Archived