IGNORED

Donald Trump - Merged

AmazonGrace

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/21/politics/trump-transgender-bathroom-law-debate/

CNN)Donald Trump said Thursday that Caitlyn Jenner could use whatever bathroom she preferred in Trump Tower, and suggesting that people should use "whatever bathroom they feel is appropriate."

I may be shocked that he's said something that I don't react in anger to.  

3 hours ago, clueliss said:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/21/politics/trump-transgender-bathroom-law-debate/

I may be shocked that he's said something that I don't react in anger to.  

Well, there goes his NC base, since they seem to be in LUVVVVZZZZZ for HB2 (no matter how much it costs them economically).

:agree:  How in heck did Trump not being an obnoxious @sshole happen, anyway? Anything to do with the full moon, maybe?

Well, Trump isn't really socially conservative the way many Republicans are. He might pay some lip service to placate parts of his voters, but out of all the Republican candidates (including most who already quit the race), I'd rate him as the most liberal by far regarding these issues.

Not that he is a big supporter of the LBGT community, but I don't think he really cares about these matters at all.

Trump cares about Trump. 

And money. But mostly Trump. 

I don't think he cares about LGBT issues at all, unless it is going to cost him more money (like mandating more bathrooms or more employer health insurance.) 

well lets have this guy tell trump how to deal with foreign policy.

well hell truly is trying to kill us too along with native americans.

http://www.ifyouonlynews.com/politi...working-with-native-americans-to-build-nukes/

While Trump’s tapped more than a few turkeys for key positions in his cabinet, many of them likely know scarce little about the country. That still hasn’t stopped former Pentagon inspector general Joseph Schmitz from believing the land of Attaturk is working with Native Americans to build nukes, though.

The dam in question is the Seli’š Ksanka Qlispe’ Dam, and last year, Schmitz — serving as co-counsel in a lawsuit filed by Montana State Senator Bob Keenan (R-Bigfork) and former state Senator Verdell Jackson (R-Kalispell) — asked the court to block the Confederate Salish and Kootenai Tribes from taking over the dam.

Originally, the dam was known as the Kerr Dam and was built in the 1930s on tribal land. When the tribally owned Energy Keepers, Inc. paid nearly $18.3 million for it to NorthWestern Energy, they renamed it.

And according to Schmitz, this transfer from NorthWestern Energy to Energy Keepers, Inc. was part of a plot by the Turkish government and terrorists to obtain nuclear materials.

Schmitz considers himself an “insider” with the right-wing news network Newsmax, and is a senior fellow with the benignly named but malignantly anti-Islamic Center for Security Policy.

So on what grounds does Schmitz make these bizarre claims?

The Turkish Coalition of America, which is a non-profit lobbying group, has attempted to establish an agricultural trade relationship with the Native American tribes. This, right here, is definitive proof that the American ally, NATO member, U.S. State Department-considered key partner in counterterrorism efforts, and active member in the Nuclear Threat Initiative that works to prevent proliferation of nuclear, chemical, and biological weapons is trying to build nukes.

@doggie: I just got a 404 on that link, which is a weeping pity, because after reading your recap, I just HAD to see it for myself.

Just read the Wonkette link, and tyvm.

Were those right-wingers majorly celebrating 4/20 Day, or something?:my_huh:

This was posted to Drumpf's Twitter (or maybe in his case Twatter, because he's a right twat):

"Will be spending the day campaigning in Connecticut, another state where jobs are being stolen by other countries. I will stop this fast!"

And how, pray tell, will he "stop this fast?" I'm sure it's not a matter of other countries *stealing* these jobs so much as the greedy corporations offshoring jobs to squeeze out every last cent of profit they can get.

14 hours ago, EyeQueue said:

... pray tell, will he "stop this fast?" ...

Well, of course, by making great deals. (SARCASM!)

He can't string 3 sentences together without using the word "deal". If I never hear that word again it will be too soon.

Wow....some friend.

thesmokinggun.com/documents/celebrity/trump-brawl-arrest-327948

APRIL 26--A Donald Trump supporter is facing an assault charge after allegedly pummeling a friend during a dinner argument about the Republican presidential candidate, according to South Carolina police.

Kenneth Tillotson, a retired New Jersey cop, was dining last month at a Myrtle Beach home when he began “arguing over politics” with Lawrence O’Drobinak, 63.

The 58-year-old Tillotson, a Trump supporter, “became angry” and told O’Drobinak to “fuck off” since “he did not know who he was dealing with,” police noted.

When O’Drobinak told Tillotson, “Fuck you too,” Tillotson “came across the table and punched the victim in the face.” Tillotson then continued pummeling O’Drobinak until he was pulled off the victim by witness John Scott, in whose home the men were guests.

On April 21, 2016 at 1:42 PM, samira_catlover said:

Well, there goes his NC base, since they seem to be in LUVVVVZZZZZ for HB2 (no matter how much it costs them economically).

:agree:  How in heck did Trump not being an obnoxious @sshole happen, anyway? Anything to do with the full moon, maybe?

Nope nope nope. So incorrect. The vast majority of us in NC are against that stupid thing. It's the morons in the state house and the awful governor who are making us all look like fools. In fact we have been so loud about disliking it that our governor thought he could hush us by releasing a "clarification" statement about the stupid bill. It only made him look stupider. 

7 hours ago, downtherabbithole said:

Haha. The way he talks annoys me so much. 

OMG - I agree with this so much. Drives me C.R.A.Z.Y.

Even if there were not a million other reasons for not wanting him to become president, this would be the one. It will be bad enough listening to this until November. He sounds like he was never educated at all.

6 hours ago, apple1 said:

OMG - I agree with this so much. Drives me C.R.A.Z.Y.

Even if there were not a million other reasons for not wanting him to become president, this would be the one. It will be bad enough listening to this until November. He sounds like he was never educated at all.

Surely. He is pretty bad to listen to. 

I also find Cruz, Sanders and Clinton to be grating as well. Is it odd that I miss W's drawl and Bushisms? 

This is weird, but a good friend and I have discussions about different celebrities and politicians, and how we feel having a beer with them would be. We both have come to terms with the fact that we would probably enjoy having a beer/bbq with W more than nearly anyone else. BTW, neither of us are Bush fans. 

That is my embarrassing confession of the day. 

One Obama's good characteristics IMO, of course -- is the way he speaks. I know that there are more important characteristics, but it sure does help to think that you won't mind listening to that manner of speech for the next 4 years.

On the other subject: If I were to have the opportunity (won't happen, but just saying) to sit down to eat and talk with any living former president, it would be President Carter. I greatly admire him.

And these dumb-asses aren't doing the anti-Trump cause any good:

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-gays-for-trump-crowd-gathers-at-costa-mesa-rally-20160428-story.html

People are understandably upset at his rhetoric and his potential policies if he's elected, but I don't advocate offensive violence. Unless Trump supporters attacked them first, there was no reason for destroying property, throwing rocks at motorists, etc.

This just gives liberals/anti-Trump supporters a bad name.

Just to irritate Trump and his supporters I'm going to be playing my woman card extra hard. I'll be womanning to class, and womanning the way through final projects and exams, and womanning my way to discounted food. And womanning in a week when blood is coming out of my you-know-what and then when I shop for a swimsuit for the beach and...y'all get the deal?

I know not all of y'all like Hillary (in fact, I know of you can't stand her) but I'm itching to watch the inevitable debates, and then Donald Trump freaking the fuck out. I mean, he couldn't take Megyn Kelley asking him a simple question.

Megyn Kelley. The Duggar sympathizer, guys. She's practically his ideal woman, the prom queen of FOX even.

Imagine scrappy-as-fuck, no bullshit Hillary Clinton. It'd make for some EPIC fails for him to actually have to debate an intelligent adult.

14 hours ago, ShepherdontheRock said:

Just to irritate Trump and his supporters I'm going to be playing my woman card extra hard. I'll be womanning to class, and womanning the way through final projects and exams, and womanning my way to discounted food. And womanning in a week when blood is coming out of my you-know-what and then when I shop for a swimsuit for the beach and...y'all get the deal?

I know not all of y'all like Hillary (in fact, I know of you can't stand her) but I'm itching to watch the inevitable debates, and then Donald Trump freaking the fuck out. I mean, he couldn't take Megyn Kelley asking him a simple question.

Megyn Kelley. The Duggar sympathizer, guys. She's practically his ideal woman, the prom queen of FOX even.

Imagine scrappy-as-fuck, no bullshit Hillary Clinton. It'd make for some EPIC fails for him to actually have to debate an intelligent adult.

I don't know. I wonder about him. He has shown he has the ability to keep himself together. NY primary speech? Maybe it really has been a show he has put on, knowing very well that the media will report. "There is no such thing as bad publicity." Right? Not that it won't continue coming up and will likely be his biggest hurdle to overcome during the election. 

When discussing his previous faults as opposed to policy, if what he has said is the worst thing used to attack him and not what he has done, I don't know that it will be as bad as people are expecting.  I could be wrong and maybe he will continue to rant and rave. I guess we will see.

I know, "words have meanings". I get that. Yet Clinton isn't completely perfect when it comes to her public presence. She very often rejects criticism as if she is above scrutiny. Often laughing at questions and making snarky jokes to brush them off. It always seems to be NBD to her, which makes me wonder how much she really cares about people or the nation. 

Bernie has played pretty nice with Clinton. During the Brooklyn debate when he announced he was releasing his taxes, Clinton was there rolling her eyes and being snarky as usual. 

Debates between Trump and Clinton should be interesting. That's for sure. 

7 minutes ago, Witherwings said:

Yet Clinton isn't completely perfect when it comes to her public presence. She very often rejects criticism as if she is above scrutiny. Often laughing at questions and making snarky jokes to brush them off. It always seems to be NBD to her, which makes me wonder how much she really cares about people or the nation. 

Bernie has played pretty nice with Clinton. During the Brooklyn debate when he announced he was releasing his taxes, Clinton was there rolling her eyes and being snarky as usual. 

Debates between Trump and Clinton should be interesting. That's for sure. 

I actually don't think Bernie's played THAT nice with Clinton. I think if anything he's been yelling and making pissy facial expressions too. And I hate to play the woman card, but I often feel like Clinton will get absolutely nailed to the wall for any minor faux pas but if Bernie makes a similar one...crickets. The best example I can think of is the Nancy Reagan thing and Bernie basically saying black people live in the ghetto.

I mean, I'd be irritated too if I'm trying to run a campaign and I spent my adult life trying to do my best and people try to make me out as some racist KKK sympathizer greedy old hag.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived