IGNORED

Donald Trump - Merged

AmazonGrace

On 4/21/2016 at 3:42 PM, doggie said:

well lets have this guy tell trump how to deal with foreign policy.

well hell truly is trying to kill us too along with native americans.

http://www.ifyouonlynews.com/politi...working-with-native-americans-to-build-nukes/

While Trump’s tapped more than a few turkeys for key positions in his cabinet, many of them likely know scarce little about the country. That still hasn’t stopped former Pentagon inspector general Joseph Schmitz from believing the land of Attaturk is working with Native Americans to build nukes, though.

The dam in question is the Seli’š Ksanka Qlispe’ Dam, and last year, Schmitz — serving as co-counsel in a lawsuit filed by Montana State Senator Bob Keenan (R-Bigfork) and former state Senator Verdell Jackson (R-Kalispell) — asked the court to block the Confederate Salish and Kootenai Tribes from taking over the dam.

Originally, the dam was known as the Kerr Dam and was built in the 1930s on tribal land. When the tribally owned Energy Keepers, Inc. paid nearly $18.3 million for it to NorthWestern Energy, they renamed it.

And according to Schmitz, this transfer from NorthWestern Energy to Energy Keepers, Inc. was part of a plot by the Turkish government and terrorists to obtain nuclear materials.

Schmitz considers himself an “insider” with the right-wing news network Newsmax, and is a senior fellow with the benignly named but malignantly anti-Islamic Center for Security Policy.

So on what grounds does Schmitz make these bizarre claims?

The Turkish Coalition of America, which is a non-profit lobbying group, has attempted to establish an agricultural trade relationship with the Native American tribes. This, right here, is definitive proof that the American ally, NATO member, U.S. State Department-considered key partner in counterterrorism efforts, and active member in the Nuclear Threat Initiative that works to prevent proliferation of nuclear, chemical, and biological weapons is trying to build nukes.

Fun fact: Joseph K. Schmitz is son of ultra conservative Cold War politician John Schmitz and brother of Mary Kay Letourneu Fulaau who currently has her own thread in the Duggar forum. It's amazing how all these threads link up. 

On topic, it doesn't surprise me that Trump's foreign policy involves being as hawkish as possible. You'd think after the GWB years that Republicans would be weary of Middle Eastern adventures, but I guess not. Warfare creates the illusion of strength, especially with our modern drone/air warfare that allows for vicarious fighting on our part.

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, ShepherdontheRock said:

I actually don't think Bernie's played THAT nice with Clinton. I think if anything he's been yelling and making pissy facial expressions too. And I hate to play the woman card, but I often feel like Clinton will get absolutely nailed to the wall for any minor faux pas but if Bernie makes a similar one...crickets. The best example I can think of is the Nancy Reagan thing and Bernie basically saying black people live in the ghetto.

I mean, I'd be irritated too if I'm trying to run a campaign and I spent my adult life trying to do my best and people try to make me out as some racist KKK sympathizer greedy old hag.

Bernie has played much nicer than most would with Clinton. Most would be all over her regarding the emails. Not Bernie. Nope. In fact, he is sick of hearing about it. Bernie is a loud guy. Bernie isn't innocent. None of that means he has been as hard on Clinton as he could be.

Clinton yells, Bernie yells, Trump yells....

I never said Bernie was innocent. I was pointing out that Clinton seems to feel she is above scrutiny. I find it odd and hypocritical that scrutiny isn't allowed over things circulating about her embracing and praising Robert Byrd. She is campaigning to be the POTUS for crying out loud. Criticism is bound to happen on a regular basis. She isn't above that. 

41 minutes ago, Witherwings said:

Bernie has played much nicer than most would with Clinton. Most would be all over her regarding the emails. Not Bernie. Nope. In fact, he is sick of hearing about it. Bernie is a loud guy. Bernie isn't innocent. None of that means he has been as hard on Clinton as he could be.

Clinton yells, Bernie yells, Trump yells....

I never said Bernie was innocent. I was pointing out that Clinton seems to feel she is above scrutiny. I find it odd and hypocritical that scrutiny isn't allowed over things circulating about her embracing and praising Robert Byrd. She is campaigning to be the POTUS for crying out loud. Criticism is bound to happen on a regular basis. She isn't above that. 

I've always gotten the sense that the thing about her emails was blown out of proportion. I get the sense that what she did was more of a bad judgement call than nefarious, and that she's been all but cleared of wrongdoing.

And the reason there hasn't been more scrutiny over Robert Byrd is that Robert Byrd has actively denounced the KKK, since the 50s, apologized for his involvement in the group numerous times, voted for the civil rights act, the voting rights act, and has even been praised by the NAACP on numerous occasions. Whereas David Duke is still active (and a founder of ) other white-supremacist organizations, is a holocaust denier, etc etc. So I think it's perfectly fair that people care less about Hillary being involved with Byrd.

3 minutes ago, ShepherdontheRock said:

I've always gotten the sense that the thing about her emails was blown out of proportion. I get the sense that what she did was more of a bad judgement call than nefarious, and that she's been all but cleared of wrongdoing.

And the reason there hasn't been more scrutiny over Robert Byrd is that Robert Byrd has actively denounced the KKK, since the 50s, apologized for his involvement in the group numerous times, voted for the civil rights act, the voting rights act, and has even been praised by the NAACP on numerous occasions. Whereas David Duke is still active (and a founder of ) other white-supremacist organizations, is a holocaust denier, etc etc. So I think it's perfectly fair that people care less about Hillary being involved with Byrd.

However, it is still fair to scrutinize and discuss Clinton and Robert Byrd. 

I don't mean to sound preachy here, or vague. I am only protecting family members and myself because it is the internet. So, I have a few close family members who deal with Intelligence stuff on the government/defense level. I grew up that way and still live that way. I am sure you can connect the dots. 

She knew exactly what she was doing. It was more than a bad judgement call. If it was a bad judgement call, she is stupid. She isn't stupid. We know she isn't stupid. She hasn't been cleared of all wrongdoing. If it was simply because she didn't want to carry an extra device (or whatever), she still did wrong and knew she was doing wrong. If that is her defense, she felt she was above the law.  She was essentially cleared with the Benghazi stuff, but when she had her 11 hour hearing on Benghazi this fall, that her e-mail scandal became public. That doesn't mean it was the last we will hear about Benghazi. However, when people are discussing the emails, that doesn't mean they don't realize the hearing went well for her in October. The two issues are connected for various reasons. 

Dear FBI, the Democratic Party’s Future Rests Upon Your Investigation of Clinton’s Emails

Clinton Email Probe Enters Tricky Phase as Election Intensifies 

The following is from Anonymous and linking to documents from a the conservative Judicial Watch, but they got it via the FOIA. 

Lost Emails From Clinton Server Discovered

The whole thing is sketchy. At least in my opinion. I am not trying to attack you and if you have better information, I am completely open to it. I have been following it pretty intensely since Benghazi happened. It is all depressing and makes me really sad. Here we are, this close to having a woman president. Cool, right? I wish I could say that, but based on all of this, she doesn't deserve that honor. :(

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived