IGNORED

Counting On Season One

Coconut Flan

@missegeno I haven't watched the specials or seen ads for them (cord cutter and TLC content has since been removed from Netflix) so I'm not sure how good or bad her Spanish is.  I'd assume it's better than mine though.

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

OMG how could I forget!

- Michelle babbles about how "precious" this "season of life" is

Hahaha! I often wonder if she/they have any idea how often they spew the same nonsense!! 

Omg ....Buzzard's predictions. I'm gonna have to rely on you guys for my "Counting On" info since I'm just not going to do it... Not going to watch. TLC makes me so angry bringing these people back on TV.

I admit to poking around TLC a little bit lately. I just realized I can watch any of their crazy shows any time...via our cable provider.

Like....."My 600 Pound Life". omg... omg....those poor people. Must be so desperate to agree to filming. That doctor is weird.

Sorry for derail, upsetting show.

It's one thing to learn Spanish here, and another to go to a Spanish speaking country, and be understood. I haven't seen the trailers, so I can't really judge. I've taken quite a bit of Spanish, and can make myself understood, but I don't necessarily understand everything that's said to me.

19 hours ago, HRM1216 said:

To your last point, I think it is very obvious that the older/middle children are catching on. Jill is entrenched and I think steadfast in her belief that her family is perfect, but JD, Jana, Jessa, Jinger, Joseph, Josiah, Joy... on down seem to have a grasp on how screwed up everything is. Now I just hope the new show can help them realize what's out there. 

Do you think they can show more about the chidults feelings because JB isn't as involved in production as he used to be? Officially he's out, were he had a big influence on what was shown before...

16 minutes ago, notfundy said:

Like....."My 600 Pound Life". omg... omg....those poor people. Must be so desperate to agree to filming. That doctor is weird.

Right?  He's like SUPERDOCTOR! He's a gastric surgeon, an infectious disease dr, a pulmonologist, a plastic surgeon... he does it all!

Has anyone heard about the hype surrounding Jana and the promo? People think it's some kind of hint but the clips they refer to are two completely different clips of Jana speaking. And in the first one her voice and facial expression are, I guess we can say, nothing out of the ordinary. The producers (most likely drooling for money) probably wanted people to react like this. 

4 hours ago, Bushes of Love said:

Same here!

The supermarket I go to has 3 aisles of alcohol. They are positioned near the tills, so while I'm waiting in line I always seem to crack and end up with a bottle of cheap as supermarket own brand vodka, because I'm classy like that!

My local town just opened up a fancy new store. It has a huge alcohol section, a giant refrigerator section for booze, a wine cellar, and a bar. Like, you're in the store, buying bread, and look over your shoulder and what do you see? a bunch of folks sitting around a bar, drinking and watching tv. It's all closed sunday mornings till noon, otherwise no restrictions. 

and i'm over here all pregnant and unable to partake

24 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

It's one thing to learn Spanish here, and another to go to a Spanish speaking country, and be understood. I haven't seen the trailers, so I can't really judge. I've taken quite a bit of Spanish, and can make myself understood, but I don't necessarily understand everything that's said to me.

My husband took french in high school. He's an intelligent guy, very actually. I'm sure he did really well in class.  His work sent him to france last year, so he spent some time brushing up on his french.  When he got there he discovered that 1) his hs teacher had a TERRIBLE accent so that 2) he couldn't make himself understood, or understand others and 3) everyone he interacted with spoke english so much better than his french.  He quit after a few tries, he was tired of embarrassing himself.  

I'm sure if he was there for longer than a week he'd have made more progress, but his conference was just the week long.

@Jinderella they totally could show more of the kids actual feelings/emotions, but I doubt they will. JB may be out of the picture but I'm not convinced they are completely out of his reach yet. Maybe if there's a second season we can see more leaps in those terms.

3 minutes ago, HRM1216 said:

@Jinderella they totally could show more of the kids actual feelings/emotions, but I doubt they will. JB may be out of the picture but I'm not convinced they are completely out of his reach yet. Maybe if there's a second season we can see more leaps in those terms.

Even if they did I'm not sure I'd believe what they say!  But you never know!

24 minutes ago, HRM1216 said:

The real question here is, are they capable of expressing feelings and emotions, after all the years of suppression? 

2 minutes ago, quiverofdoubt said:

The real question here is, are they capable of expressing feelings and emotions, after all the years of suppression? 

and the answer is no - you just have to look at Jessa in the bathroom scene and it seems Ben is kinda of not a funny guy in his videos - especially in the one where he promotes his sister - it's more of a command like - you have to see my sister. 

i don't see them expressing any real emotion towards the camera - at least in the new series - because a) they don't have to - they have the series and b they have run their course the courtship - the kid - now it is just them and they must be boring people despite all the hoopla 

2 hours ago, Buzzard said:

Buzzard's predictions for exciting Duggar happenings this season:

You forgot to mention the "Tree House Episode", wherein we will all learn why Jana spent $3,500 on lumber, get to watch the older Duggar boys teach Ben how to measure wood and saw it, and maybe learn why they decided to build the monstrosity in the first place.  A riveting episode I am sure.

2 hours ago, DuggarWatch said:

You forgot to mention the "Tree House Episode", wherein we will all learn why Jana spent $3,500 on lumber, get to watch the older Duggar boys teach Ben how to measure wood and saw it, and maybe learn why they decided to build the monstrosity in the first place.  A riveting episode I am sure.

hmmmm perhaps that may be another Duggar business venture....Little Houses for Mega Families? ;)  

1 hour ago, quiverofdoubt said:

I feel like it depends on the individual kid. I have ideas on each of them. I'll be interested to see if I am correct as the years go by.

5 hours ago, Buzzard said:

OMG how could I forget!

- Michelle babbles about how "precious" this "season of life" is

The drinking game just became potentially fatal.

Drink every time someone says "little one," "encouragement," of "blessing."

We'll all pass out 20 minutes in and then we won't have to watch the rest!

8 hours ago, wotdancer said:

The last (US) state I lived in sold alcohol everywhere - gas stations, grocery stores, etc. The state I live in now does not, so I've become familiar with liquor stores! And the first state I've ever lived in has the weirdest liquor laws (Pennsylvania), where you pretty much have to buy a case of beer if you want to buy beer. So strange....

Was that last state Iowa? HA!  I can get vodka at Walgreens or Quik Trip it is very easy to get your drink on here. We rival Wisconsin, but keep it classy, by frowning on drunk driving, WI has made it into a sport.  We do enjoy our trips into Cheese land to visit, family. 

hmmmm perhaps that may be another Duggar business venture....Little Houses for Mega Families? [emoji6]  

Zsu would benefit from that.

hmmmm perhaps that may be another Duggar business venture....Little Houses for Mega Families? [emoji6]  

Deleted duplicate post.

9 hours ago, DuggarWatch said:

I have never seen the tree house episode but seriously $3,500 on lumber!!! That just not right. I thought their motto was buy used save the difference. They spend more money on a tree house then i did on lumber for my pool deck!! I don't understand them and this show is going to be a boring hot mess. And I enjoy a hot mess but this one isn't going to be good.

Oh, how I miss nice liquor laws. I miss going into Walmart buying what ever beer or vodka I wanted while buying my groceries. Plus not having to pay sales tax on my acholoal... and groceries. After moving to Oklahoma I realized how good the liquor laws in Michigan were. Also Oklahoma has way worse liquor laws then Pennsylvania one of earliest & fondest memory of moving to this state involved sitting around a table discussing how Oklahoma liquor compare to the states my new friends were from  (also well as the state their college was in). It even involved during the math if it was wiorth going to  dugger's land for better '& cheaper liquor.

4 hours ago, Diggingupdirt said:

I have never seen the tree house episode but seriously $3,500 on lumber!!! That just not right. I thought their motto was buy used save the difference. They spend more money on a tree house then i did on lumber for my pool deck!! I don't understand them and this show is going to be a boring hot mess. And I enjoy a hot mess but this one isn't going to be good.

The episode has not aired yet.  They built the tree house in January:

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/josh-duggar-sex-scandal-jana-duggar-filming-with-younger-kids-lumber-yard/

You can see pictures of the extravagant tree house here:

https://www.facebook.com/269181913180625/photos/pb.269181913180625.-2207520000.1457009360./861120037320140/?type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/269181913180625/photos/pb.269181913180625.-2207520000.1457009360./861120047320139/?type=3&theater

The Duggars just like to pretend that they live frugally.  It's just more of the deception and the difference between how they like to be perceived and what really goes on within the family. 

15 hours ago, 19 cats and counting said:

@missegeno I haven't watched the specials or seen ads for them (cord cutter and TLC content has since been removed from Netflix) so I'm not sure how good or bad her Spanish is.  I'd assume it's better than mine though.

Not sure I ever heard her string together a whole sentence in Spanish. I remember the episode where she put cards on everything in the kitchen with the appropriate Spanish word on it...but just knowing how to say  'cabinet' is in Spanish is a long way from conversational Spanish. So just know 19 that you are probably you're prolly rockin' the language.

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived