IGNORED

Sweet Tea and Buttermilk: Baby Watch 2016

SolomonFundy

Hi everyone! Long time lurker. Just popping in to say that I found an update on Courtney. According to her husbands latest update with the world baptist missions, Courtney lost her baby. I would assume it would have been around the time that she closed her Insta. 

I can't remember if we can still post links. If we can let me know and I'll post it if you're interested. 

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Justwatchin said:

Hi everyone! Long time lurker. Just popping in to say that I found an update on Courtney. According to her husbands latest update with the world baptist missions, Courtney lost her baby. I would assume it would have been around the time that she closed her Insta. 

I can't remember if we can still post links. If we can let me know and I'll post it if you're interested. 

Sorry she had a miscarriage, that explains a few things. 

1 hour ago, Justwatchin said:

Posting links is fine.

Please post the link! :kitty-shifty:

I certainly didn't think she needed any more children, but I am very sorry to hear that she lost the baby. No one should have to go through that. 

So that's why we never really heard any updates after that announcement...I'm really sorry to hear that. :(

I'm curious, though, that Courtney's Instagram says 8 kids--shouldn't it be 9 kids? I know she miscarried at least one other time, after her first child Clint. I just find it confusing because it's similar (to me) to when Michelle Duggar said in her letter to Jubilee that when anyone asks her how many kids she has, she'll reply 20 from now on, and then when people called her out for forgetting Caleb, she hastily corrected it to 21. Does how far along the baby was when lost have something to do with it, or does how publicized the pregnancy was have more involvement?

I posted this in the baby thread, but I'm going to repost it hear. 

Courtney, if I remember correctly, had a miscarriage before Clint - that's why it was so long between when she and Christopher married and when Clint was born. I could be wrong, though. 

I feel bad for Courtney, by my guess is that her body was/is just worn out. This was her 8th pregnancy in less than 8 years. She had issues in at least two of the previous pregnancies (the first miscarriage and Callie being premature) and her last pregnancy was twins. 

The female body is just not meant for that much pregnancy and childrearing. Most OBs will tell you to wait a year to even try to concieve again, to let the body heal. 

I'm sure she'll be pregnant again soon, but I do hope she waits awhile.

The letter seems to be gone now. Can anyone else still see it? 

I'm very sorry for Courtney & her family that she lost the baby; it was obviously a very wanted child. Courtney seems like a good mom. However our beliefs diverge, I feel a lot of sympathy and compassion for her. 

Well it's now obvious that either Courtney or someone associated with Courtney reads here. The entire site has been scrubbed of all the prayer letters that Chris has submitted! Even previous years! Next time I'll message an admin and have them verify it! That took me ages to find that link!! 

On 10/10/2016 at 8:50 PM, AliC said:

So that's why we never really heard any updates after that announcement...I'm really sorry to hear that. :(

I'm curious, though, that Courtney's Instagram says 8 kids--shouldn't it be 9 kids? I know she miscarried at least one other time, after her first child Clint. I just find it confusing because it's similar (to me) to when Michelle Duggar said in her letter to Jubilee that when anyone asks her how many kids she has, she'll reply 20 from now on, and then when people called her out for forgetting Caleb, she hastily corrected it to 21. Does how far along the baby was when lost have something to do with it, or does how publicized the pregnancy was have more involvement?

I think she always counts the one in the oven. I'm sort of assuming she hasn't been active since the miscarriage, and so the profile hasn't been updated.

I'm sorry for her loss.

(moment of silence)

...She could still use the bib for a pregnancy announcement, and on some level I hope she does. I'm a sucker for annual traditions, and if I were her, not having a baby in THE bib, for the first time ever, due to a loss, would be additionally painful.

On 10/13/2016 at 9:04 AM, halcionne said:

I think she always counts the one in the oven. I'm sort of assuming she hasn't been active since the miscarriage, and so the profile hasn't been updated.

I'm sorry for her loss.

(moment of silence)

...She could still use the bib for a pregnancy announcement, and on some level I hope she does. I'm a sucker for annual traditions, and if I were her, not having a baby in THE bib, for the first time ever, due to a loss, would be additionally painful.

I didn't even think of that. Silly me!

As much as the bib tradition has become snarkable since it seems like Courtney has had a baby nearly every year, it is kind of a sweet tradition. :) 

• 1 month later...

Just checked in on her - instagram still private but the profile has been updated to "8 kids + 2 angels." Was there another miscarriage I missed or was that most recent pregnancy actually twins, quite possibly making her the most fertile woman ever? 

14 minutes ago, Casserole said:

Just checked in on her - instagram still private but the profile has been updated to "8 kids + 2 angels." Was there another miscarriage I missed or was that most recent pregnancy actually twins, quite possibly making her the most fertile woman ever? 

According to a pp above she had a miscarriage before Clint.

1 hour ago, Casserole said:

That's odd, as far as I know there are only 7 kids (Clint, Clay, Cade, Callie, Cash, Colt and Case) and the two miscarriages. Unless she's pregnant again?

14 hours ago, Bethella said:

That's odd, as far as I know there are only 7 kids (Clint, Clay, Cade, Callie, Cash, Colt and Case) and the two miscarriages. Unless she's pregnant again?

I wouldn't be surprised if she's pregnant again. She gets pregnant very, very easily. My bet is there's a new baby in July.

• 7 months later...

Calena (aka Blessing v8.0) was born a few weeks  ago (and she's probably gearing up to conceive the next).

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, I was wondering what was up with Courtney. At least Callie now has one sister to balance out the six boys (Clint,, Clay, Cade, Cash, Colt, Case).. I was convinced that she was going to give the next girl a two-syllable name that starts with C and had even made a list: Carly, Corrie, Chloe, Carrie, Christie, Chrissy, Cassie, Cammie, Catie, Connie......

• 2 months later...

She is pregnant again. Sweet merciful Jesus why.

I am quite surprised by the expensive, often designer clothes and shoes she has her kids in. They're in Baby/Mini Boden a lot of the time, Stella McCartney They have a pretty premium double stroller (BRIT), she hashtags the kids' shoes on Instagram which are never cheap either, she has really expensive high chairs (at least two Oxo Tots for the twins), the baby is in a Moba basket + stand which is like $300ish last I checked. I mean, how the hell do they afford this stuff? My husband and I are very high income earners and maybe we are cheap, but we spend far less on our babies/toddlers so this just boggles the mind for me.

I was thinking the same thing, @AtlanticTug. They have an awful lot of nice stuff, an so much of it seems new, not hand me downs from the previous kids. Perhaps she's got a good outlet in her area? There are deals out there if you know where to look - I, personally, am too lazy to do so. Still, it can't be cheap. 

• 2 months later...
On 9/28/2017 at 4:06 PM, AtlanticTug said:

She is pregnant again. Sweet merciful Jesus why.

I am quite surprised by the expensive, often designer clothes and shoes she has her kids in. They're in Baby/Mini Boden a lot of the time, Stella McCartney They have a pretty premium double stroller (BRIT), she hashtags the kids' shoes on Instagram which are never cheap either, she has really expensive high chairs (at least two Oxo Tots for the twins), the baby is in a Moba basket + stand which is like $300ish last I checked. I mean, how the hell do they afford this stuff? My husband and I are very high income earners and maybe we are cheap, but we spend far less on our babies/toddlers so this just boggles the mind for me.

Is her Instagram still private? I couldn't find her. I know she's deleted it a few times in the past

6 hours ago, ShoutySpice said:

Is her Instagram still private? I couldn't find her. I know she's deleted it a few times in the past

She's got an instagram under a different name, I don't remember what it is. But she's currently pregnant with #9, due in June.

Archived