IGNORED

Sweet Tea and Buttermilk: Baby Watch 2016

SolomonFundy

Wow. How the heck? Well, I know how, but damn! This woman might actually beat Kelly Bates and Michelle Duggar. My lower regions ache just from thinking of having 8 kids by the age of 32.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Pianokeeper said:

Goodness gracious.

Is she ATI or otherwise explicitly Quiverfull?

Can anyone give me some backround information about her upbringing? I know that she was raised fundie and homeschooled, but I never found out if her family was ATI or VF or whatever else there might be.

I sound like a broken record, but for christs sake - lets all be glad she wasn't married as a teen girl like Alyssa Bates Webster or a few of the Morton girls. She would have 10+ by now.

11 hours ago, ChickenettiLuvr said:

A heartfelt "Thank You" to SolomonFundy for bringing on tonight's FJ-induced asthma attack. *wheeze* *wheeze*  (Your Magic Underwear avatar got me!  Now DH and the Canine Headship are both pissed because I can't quit giggling & wheezing.)

Just found this thread.  Thanks in advance for the giggles!:content:

...and the award for Asthma Attack Part 2 goes to @JMarie.

Chive????  You are Too. Much.  *howling*

Can this be playing when I accept my award?  This'll be my first Puffie Award!

11 hours ago, RoseWilder said:

Kristina doesn't update her facebook page much (and she seems to have stopped blogging altogether.) But, the last update was fairly recent, I think maybe a few weeks ago, and she has 5 kids at this point. The youngest one is 11 months - I think he'll be 1 later this month. And she and her husband Josh have started a furniture making business. I have no idea if her Mom still lives with them or not. 

Back when she was still blogging, she expressed some concerns about leaving the number of children she has up to God. She blogged something about trying to use yams to prevent pregnancies. I've noticed that she seems to be having slightly longer lengths between pregnancies lately, so I'm starting to wonder if they're doing something to prevent (probably not birth control, but perhaps NFP or something along those lines. There were 13 months between baby # 1 and the twins. 20 months between the twins and # 4, and 21 months between # 4 and # 5. I"m curious to see what happens now that her youngest is about to turn 1. I wonder if we'll see an even bigger gap this time. 

My still-sleepy eyes read that as  y-a-r-n-s  instead of  y-a-m-s , which I guess in theory could still work....

11 hours ago, RoseWilder said:

Back when she was still blogging, she expressed some concerns about leaving the number of children she has up to God. She blogged something about trying to use yams to prevent pregnancies. I've noticed that she seems to be having slightly longer lengths between pregnancies lately, so I'm starting to wonder if they're doing something to prevent (probably not birth control, but perhaps NFP or something along those lines. There were 13 months between baby # 1 and the twins. 20 months between the twins and # 4, and 21 months between # 4 and # 5. I"m curious to see what happens now that her youngest is about to turn 1. I wonder if we'll see an even bigger gap this time. 

When I was trying to get pregnant I read that Yams increase your chances of conceiving twins, not prevent pregnancies. 

21 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

When I was trying to get pregnant I read that Yams increase your chances of conceiving twins, not prevent pregnancies. 

That was actually a theory as to why certain West African peoples have higher incidences of twins. I think it was debunked, though, because those of West African descent in other parts of the world also have higher incidences of twins, showing it was just genetic, even when they don't eat yams. 

1 minute ago, anjulibai said:

That was actually a theory as to why certain West African peoples have higher incidences of twins. I think it was debunked, though, because those of West African descent in other parts of the world also have higher incidences of twins, showing it was just genetic, even when they don't eat yams. 

LOL, i guess eating Yams wouldn't have helped my cause or hers.

7 hours ago, Sweet Fellowship said:

Wow. How the heck? Well, I know how, but damn! This woman might actually beat Kelly Bates and Michelle Duggar. My lower regions ache just from thinking of having 8 kids by the age of 32.

I am from a Catholic family.  Large families are not common in my generation or my parents', but my grandparents' generation were all from families of around 9 children, and my dad is the oldest of 10.  I have one great aunt who had 17 children.  SEVENTEEN.  And her husband died at 42.  Can you IMAGINE raising 17 children as a single mother?  She never remarried.  (Incidentally, every one of those kids grew up to become college-educated professionals, as did all of my grandmother's kids.  Catholic schools beat the learnin right into you!)

I had a co-worker who was much older than me (she was in her 50-60s and I was 20) who told me her mother spaced her children every 9 months and 20 minutes.  And this coworker, though married, had zero children.... apparently the abundance of babies and siblings didn't do it for her. 

3 hours ago, salex said:

I had a co-worker who was much older than me (she was in her 50-60s and I was 20) who told me her mother spaced her children every 9 months and 20 minutes.  And this coworker, though married, had zero children.... apparently the abundance of babies and siblings didn't do it for her. 

Did she highlight a calendar or something?! Wonder why she spaced it that way.

I think that's more of a hyperbole. Like, she got knocked up again as soon as there was a vacancy available. 

Holy moly. I hope baby is healthy I was hoping she'd space further with the twins needing hospital time.

I had a coworker who had triplet sisters 14 months older than her, her parents had the sanity to stop after her. But they were pretty much like quadruplets because they were in the same sports together. 

You can find our the sex of the fetus as early as 7 weeks, 10 weeks is more accurate though 

it's called NIPT, basically a blood test. I found out at 11 weeks I was having a boy. 

So yeah she might know already...why else a blue balloon?

she be crazy. I've had one baby in the time she's had 3 & pregnant with 4 & I can barely manage!

13 minutes ago, Milly-Molly-Mandy said:

You can find our the sex of the fetus as early as 7 weeks, 10 weeks is more accurate though 

it's called NIPT, basically a blood test. I found out at 11 weeks I was having a boy. 

Is that a test that's covered by most insurance companies? I heard that the test is really expensive and not covered by most insurance companies and that this is why most people don't do it, but I'm not sure if that's accurate information or not.

3 minutes ago, RoseWilder said:

Is that a test that's covered by most insurance companies? I heard that the test is really expensive and not covered by most insurance companies and that this is why most people don't do it, but I'm not sure if that's accurate information or not.

Oh hey I'm not sure, I'm in Australia & it cost $500. It looks for Down syndrome & a lot of other things as well 

but yeah good point, I doubt they'd be spending $500 on a blood test as they wouldn't abort even if something was picked up. 

That particular balloon shows up within the first items on a Google image search for "8 Birthday Balloon". Based on her past history of peddling out information slowly, it seems likely that this is just the initial informative statement of pregnancy. The boy/girl announcement will probably come within the next couple of weeks. I really doubt she picked it for a gender reference, though I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if this is another boy. She and the preacher have a regular Y chromosome factory going on over there. Must be all that buttermilk.

I wonder whether she will run out of names or run out of eggs first. One syllable C names is very specific.

Wow!

I thought my grandmother's 7 babies in 7 years (no multiples) was hard enough, but 8 in 6... My grandmother got pregnant once more after that but miscarried. She never got pregnant again and was still pretty young so she always thought the doctor messed up the D and C. She was very thankful he did, she did not want more children. 

5 hours ago, ILoveJellybeans said:

I wonder whether she will run out of names or run out of eggs first. One syllable C names is very specific.

The girls get two syllables! I don't think she'll run out of name.

Cael, Cal, Cole, Clyde, Curt, Clive, Coy. There are a lot of one syllable C names.

53 minutes ago, AlwaysExcited said:

Talking about names, I hope Courtney at least gives her children normal middle names? 

The only child whose middle name I know is Clay and his middle name is Mason. If I'm not mistaken, there was a discussion on this board about that once, people were saying his named sounded like Claymation. And I agree!

3 hours ago, Kira said:

The girls get two syllables! I don't think she'll run out of name.

Cael, Cal, Cole, Clyde, Curt, Clive, Coy. There are a lot of one syllable C names.

Especially when they don't even have to be "real" names. You can just pick any random word, or part of a word, or syllable that you made up.

Archived