IGNORED

Happy 14th Anniversary Melanie and Nathan Maxwell!

Dru

Nathan is pompous.  He is a Maxwell after all.  However, he's got the most memory of a quasi-normal life and may have the most reason to resent Stevehovah.  Also, if he goes along with spending time around his in laws ( & allowing Melanie & the kids to do so) and quietly has a nice time, maybe that's his little fuck you to Stevehovah. 

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

I don't know if it's even possible to sup so sumptuously on anything that Wendy's has to offer.  Maybe if you get a Frosty in addition to your combo meal?

I'm hoping she was being tongue in cheek in that line. I'm really hoping. 

21 hours ago, blessalessi said:

Most parents loosen up on bedtimes, curfews and the age that a kid gets to choose their own clothes.

It sucks that Melanie is possibly the only one who had her personal autonomy transferred to her life partner on her wedding day. 

(Psst: It's not a real thing that was "transferred", if you are lurking, Melanie.  You are the boss of you, really. :) )

Melanie's sister Olivia was married before her if I recall correctly.

18 hours ago, Jana814 said:

Do you have a link to the article. 

http://www.khi.org/news/article/faith-based-sharing-plans-help-many-kansans-cover/

He said they didn't want to send money to a company that covers abortions or pay into an insurance pool that enabled people to live unhealthy lifestyles.

"Somebody that would, you know, not be managing their diabetes correctly and being hospitalized over and over,” he said. “ I don't want my money to help fund that. That can sound selfish, but I didn't like the idea of enabling people that way. I'm a big fan of personal responsibility."

I'm not sure if I necessarily interpret that as looking down on people with diabetes.

32 minutes ago, Dru said:

He said they didn't want to send money to a company that covers abortions or pay into an insurance pool that enabled people to live unhealthy lifestyles.

"Somebody that would, you know, not be managing their diabetes correctly and being hospitalized over and over,” he said. “ I don't want my money to help fund that. That can sound selfish, but I didn't like the idea of enabling people that way. I'm a big fan of personal responsibility."

I'm not sure if I necessarily interpret that as looking down on people with diabetes.

No, not "look down on" necessarily, but his comments reek of "holier-than-thou," as well as a lack of compassion and understanding about the difficulties of coping with ongoing health issues. My daughter was born with a neural tube defect and as a young teen was diagnosed with non-diabetic neuropathy in her feet. We monitored her carefully but it took years for her to come to terms with it—especially feeling like an oddball outcast (imagine going to the doctor and being the youngest one there by decades while they all stare at you)—and to learn how to keep an eye on things. It wasn't until after several hospitalizations for infections and the loss of a toe that she was able to accept her condition and become proactive in her care. Yes, Nathan, she took PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY for herself and her health but it wasn't an easy road and I'd hate to think that she would have been denied coverage because of judgmental assholes who thought they were enabling her by insuring her care.

ETA: I know that Scamaritan denies coverage for pre-existing conditions. I wonder how they'd handle a case like my daughter's, where a birth defect leads to other issues down the line. The thought that she'd be denied coverage for something beyond her control makes my blood run cold. I'd love to ask Nathan how he'd feel if Susannah had lived but was severely disabled, required constant care, had ongoing issues and had her care disallowed because those issues arose from a pre-existing condition. Walk a mile in someone else's shoes, Natty boy.

An unkind person might point out that one could easily say the same of a couple who continues to purposely conceive high-risk pregnancies, which they know will result in lengthy hospital stays for both mother and baby and tremendous NICU bills. One might decide they don't want to enable these expensive decisions, and that this couple should take some personal responsibility and pay their hospital bills themselves if they want to continue having children despite the severe health risks and outsized associated expenses.

23 minutes ago, VodouDoll said:

An unkind person might point out that one could easily say the same of a couple who continues to purposely conceive high-risk pregnancies, which they know will result in lengthy hospital stays for both mother and baby and tremendous NICU bills. One might decide they don't want to enable these expensive decisions, and that this couple should take some personal responsibility and pay their hospital bills themselves if they want to continue having children despite the severe health risks and outsized associated expenses.

Ah yes, but to the Scamaritan crowd it's all about more babies, consequences be damned. I would imagine that they'd consider it a holy calling to be able to contribute, diabetics be damned.

1 hour ago, VodouDoll said:

:pow:

Yep, exactly how I feel. Interesting how they view their own actions, isn't it? It will be interesting to see how many more they have. 

Also, interesting to me that Melanie was 26 before she got married. Why, that's nearly "normal world" age! Does anyone know what she did before then? Did she have an at home business or anything like that?

13 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

Yep, exactly how I feel. Interesting how they view their own actions, isn't it? It will be interesting to see how many more they have. 

I do wonder if Nathan knows of any hypocrites like the one I described....

2 hours ago, sparkles said:

No, not "look down on" necessarily, but his comments reek of "holier-than-thou," as well as a lack of compassion and understanding about the difficulties of coping with ongoing health issues. My daughter was born with a neural tube defect and as a young teen was diagnosed with non-diabetic neuropathy in her feet. We monitored her carefully but it took years for her to come to terms with it—especially feeling like an oddball outcast (imagine going to the doctor and being the youngest one there by decades while they all stare at you)—and to learn how to keep an eye on things. It wasn't until after several hospitalizations for infections and the loss of a toe that she was able to accept her condition and become proactive in her care. Yes, Nathan, she took PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY for herself and her health but it wasn't an easy road and I'd hate to think that she would have been denied coverage because of judgmental assholes who thought they were enabling her by insuring her care.

ETA: I know that Scamaritan denies coverage for pre-existing conditions. I wonder how they'd handle a case like my daughter's, where a birth defect leads to other issues down the line. The thought that she'd be denied coverage for something beyond her control makes my blood run cold. I'd love to ask Nathan how he'd feel if Susannah had lived but was severely disabled, required constant care, had ongoing issues and had her care disallowed because those issues arose from a pre-existing condition. Walk a mile in someone else's shoes, Natty boy.

Oh it's judgmental for sure, no arguing that.

1 hour ago, nausicaa said:

Also, interesting to me that Melanie was 26 before she got married. Why, that's nearly "normal world" age! Does anyone know what she did before then? Did she have an at home business or anything like that?

I have no idea what she was doing before she got married but she was definitely still living with her parents. If you go back to one of the archived versions of the engagement story it was mentioned that Nathan asked her parents for permission for them to be alone in his house together long enough for him to propose. Barf. Of course these days Steve would likely chop off a digit before allowing one of his children to be alone in a house, car, or out to dinner with an unrelated member of the opposite sex. Hell, even the same sex for that matter.

1 hour ago, Dru said:

I have no idea what she was doing before she got married but she was definitely still living with her parents. If you go back to one of the archived versions of the engagement story it was mentioned that Nathan asked her parents for permission for them to be alone in his house together long enough for him to propose. Barf. Of course these days Steve would likely chop off a digit before allowing one of his children to be alone in a house, car, or out to dinner with an unrelated member of the opposite sex. Hell, even the same sex for that matter.

It's amazing how far they've gone down the rabbit hole in the 14 years since Nathan and Melanie got married.  They practiced entwining their arms to drink a toast at their reception the weekend before they were married.  Nathan picked her up in a limo to go to dinner the night he proposed.  Both families stayed behind. No chaperon.

I can't picture either of these things allowed today.

8 hours ago, nausicaa said:

Wow so she's already 40?!

1) dayumm girl looking good - never would have guessed 

2) I guess that quiver is just about full, then. Maybe one more at the most. 

Tonight, we shall dine quite scrumptiously
On Wendy's we shall sup so sumptuously
Tomorrow we shall go on our budget scrimp
No more taco's, pizza's, eat out's or shrimp!

I would be sad to think of life with no more eat out's (sic)

On 2/1/2016 at 7:59 PM, ViolaSebastian said:

I don't know if it's even possible to sup so sumptuously on anything that Wendy's has to offer.  Maybe if you get a Frosty in addition to your combo meal?

Makes you wonder what they normally eat.

On January 31, 2016 at 4:09 PM, ViolaSebastian said:

Tonight, we shall dine quite scrumptiously
On Wendy's we shall sup so sumptuously
Tomorrow we shall go on our budget scrimp
No more taco's, pizza's, eat out's or shrimp!

Reminds me of Kristina's engagement at Arby's!   :pb_lol:

1 hour ago, mango_fandango said:

Forced rhyming thy name is Rebekah Mitchell.

Is Rebekah Mitchell the same as Rebekah Eleventy, who was such a big Maxwell fan for a while?

2 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

Forced rhyming thy name is Rebekah Mitchell.

1 hour ago, bean said:

Is Rebekah Mitchell the same as Rebekah Eleventy, who was such a big Maxwell fan for a while?

I don't know if that is her name. But I think she is still a big fan of the Maxwell's. 

6 hours ago, bean said:

No, you're thinking of Rebecca Kellum, who goes by Rebecca K on the Maxwells' blog.

2 hours ago, FloraDoraDolly said:

No, you're thinking of Rebecca Kellum, who goes by Rebecca K on the Maxwells' blog.

Aha! I thought the spelling seemed off so I was unsure. Thanks! :)

This doesn't really warrant a whole thread of its own, but Nathan sawed down a tree! Woohoo!

*snore*

11 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

This doesn't really warrant a whole thread of its own, but Nathan sawed down a tree! Woohoo!

*snore*

He did it "under dad's guidance".

Because a grown-assed 40-odd year old is still under his dad's umbrella of protection when it comes to tree-felling, don't you know. 

Wow, that was mundane. Although, I will give them credit for using ear protectors, googles, gloves, and closed toe footwear. 

Archived