IGNORED

Happy Birthday Jana and John David

hollywood

I wonder where their special lunch or dinner w/ their parents was? Maybe they stopped and finally got to go somewhere w/ a few siblings ...IIRC Jessa did that instead but maybe since she's married she is now exempt.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone else wonder what, if anything,  they will write for Josh this year? To go from this long discourse to " Oh, and happy birthday  to Josh"  is going to be pretty awkward. 

4 hours ago, BabyFreeZone said:

Yeah. Volunteer work is noble, but at 26, I think one could be an actual firefighter, police officer, EMT, etc. I guess Jana still has domestic duties to take care of, but what's keeping JD from a job?

I doubt too many employers would be happy about JD having to be off from work whenever Daddy Boob needs him to fly somewhere, which seems to happen fairly often.  So I wouldn't be at all surprised if JD isn't working a real job.

3 hours ago, iweartanktops6 said:

Happy birthday to JD and Jana!

This may be an unpopular birthday wish, but I wish they could get out and explore! Travel, have some drinks. Sleep with a few people of their choice.

Seriously, that's what your 20s are for! Enjoy life, make some mistakes, find out what your true values really are, aside from what your family believes! Get some life experience. 

I really hope they have some opportunities to explore someday. It makes me sad that at 26, they haven't. 

Your wish is popular with me! Unfortunately, we are not their parents. A pox on Boob and Mechelle for holding them down.

Speaking as a fraternal twin in a boy/girl relationship, I always feel for JD/Jana because we never really spend time at least when the show was on, and i wonder how it is as they got older. But I wish them a great birthday, also wondering where jimboob/michelle took them for their dinner.

I also can't wait for the day they are finally out of their parents house, whenever that may be.

45 minutes ago, JMO said:

Anyone else wonder what, if anything,  they will write for Josh this year? To go from this long discourse to " Oh, and happy birthday  to Josh"  is going to be pretty awkward. 

Well, he should be out of Prayer Prison by then so they can praise him for going back to God and his precious wife and children.  In fact, he is supposed to get out in mid Feb and his Bday is first week of March so he won't have had much time to un-repent and start sinning again.

16 hours ago, Archer said:

May your Twin Powers finally activate and allow you to leave.

This made me think of that old Disney movie about twins with powers - Escape to Witch Mountain. Maybe Jana and John-David's twin powers will kick in soon and they will escape too!  

7 hours ago, Suz8710 said:

I wonder where their special lunch or dinner w/ their parents was? Maybe they stopped and finally got to go somewhere w/ a few siblings ...IIRC Jessa did that instead but maybe since she's married she is now exempt.

You mean Jana and JD didn't get to go to Chuck-E-Cheese with their mom and pops Duggar? :pb_eek:

36 minutes ago, hollywood said:

Wow, they wrote an essay post on them this year.

One of the fundie snark blogs on Tumblr pointed out that JB and Michelle probably saw the criticism of their incredibly impersonal "you like Jesus and stuff I guess" birthday posts for the other kids.

4 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

One of the fundie snark blogs on Tumblr pointed out that JB and Michelle probably saw the criticism of their incredibly impersonal "you like Jesus and stuff I guess" birthday posts for the other kids.

Amazing. Why they bother to post it at all, who knows. It isn't like the kids have social media to see it.

20 hours ago, Catey said:

I hope that she never has kids (unless she personally wants them) she has spent a life of servitude already.

I just cringe when I hear her age, and I can just imagine all the comments or just thoughts that people have thinking that it is well past time for her to get her quiver on..

26 is a great time to be a woman, I really honestly wish that she could enjoy just a bit of all the greatness that being in your 20's has to offer.

Not at home sleeping with all the other "girls",

I will only speak about Jana, JD is doing just fine.

26 is indeed a great time to be a woman, it certainly was for me.  I had obtained my education, was out of my Maxwellian home and living life even better than I had envisioned it in most aspects.  I feel for Jana in particular, she's still at home living like a kid and she's still giving over years of her life in indentured servitude to her family.   Girlfriend has been an obedient and dutiful daugher, so wish she could finally get out and live whatever life she wants but that's not how things go with her family.

All those kids along with so many others from fundie families are just chained to their parents and to the lifestyle during the best years of their lives.  It's a damn shame.

1 hour ago, hollywood said:

Amazing. Why they bother to post it at all, who knows. It isn't like the kids have social media to see it.

For leg-humps.

4 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

To be fair, Jana, JD, Josh, & Jill (maybe partly Jessa) are the ones they raised.  They know those ones better than the other kids, and so its probably easier saying personal things.  If they've seen the criticism then we need to wait until a younger one has a birthday.

Everything about that message just makes me sad, from the fact that they describe Jana as "creative," "diligent" and indicate that she is a fast learner who is a trustworthy source of advice and wisdom, and yet they only list being a good organizer and a user of power tools as her accomplishments to the fact that he can "operate large machinery" is an accomplishment of JD's, despite him being "wise" and a "calculated risk taker."  These "kids" clearly have some innate resources that they could have done many great things with, given the education and chance to do so.  At least JD got his pilot's license, which puts some of his skills and strengths to use.  Jana, on the other hand, got to direct the family "orchestra." And use power tools. Let's not forget the power tools.  (Nothing against power tools or operating large machinery, for that matter, but those are such WTF things to throw in there to me.)  So much opportunity wasted.  

5 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

The saddest part is just that they've had almost the longest to get to know these two. You think after 26 years, J'Chelle and Jim Boob would be able to say a little more about these two.

I'm sure they ARE grateful for two children like this, Unlike their older brother, they seem to be able to move through life without damaging others. 

Jana made it to 26 without getting married. That's actually an accomplishment in those circles. She is famous, wealthy and very beautiful, and doesn't seem rebellious. I can see  thousands of young men writing emails to JB to get to know Jana and enter a "special friendship". The heck, even I would write to JB if I weren't a lesbian, but a creepy guy instead, muahaha.

I think she must be under enormous pressure to get married. So she made it to 26 without "giving in". Cheers to you, Jana :-) May the force be with you (not that you get that quote :-P ).

It still seems like a "servant's heart" to me, just expanded for the snarkers. (I'm sure there are none of those on FJ). Orchestra??!! Let Jana join a community orchestra and really be able to enjoy her music. Teaching 6 year old kids to play the violin should not be the total sum of her musical aptitude.

Miss the bday but Jana is my age and I've done soooo much more than her! Hell, she's not even fulfilling the fundamentalist role of a woman. Well, my wish for Jana is to break free like I did, go to college, have different jobs, learn a lot, travel, date, experience life! Whatever the kool-aid she drinks, she deserves a great life.

Oh wow I just realized my brother and Jana and John-David are a day apart. My brother was born on January 11th and they are on the 12th.

Well I miss their actual birthday. I do hope they had a very happy birthday. My wish for them is to break free and live life they want to live whether it's going to college, traveling, getting a job, getting married or anything else. They deserve to live the life they want to live.

Ok, signing your last name to your child's birthday greetings is bad enough, granted. BUT:WHY ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH do they have to post, or you-tube, or anything social media, AT ALL????? When i want to wish my kids, still living in my house, happy birthday, I hug them and give them their gift, and a card! If they're not home, I call them! So SICK of hearing their  Mother's/Father's/birthday/wedding/going-away/wishes all over the damned internet!

(OK< OK... I WILL say stuff like "happy birthday to my Child X of Four. So happy to celebrate the day with you!" on Facebook. But it never reads like an advertisement for some Godly Creature to come along and court my kid.

Archived