IGNORED

Happy Birthday Jana and John David

hollywood

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it was about her would JB & Michelle have shipped her off to JTTH?

27 minutes ago, FloraKitty35 said:

If they found out, that would be likely. That's why I'm a little weirded out that the pinterest associated with Jana is now gone; it may be part of a social media shutdown. But, I'm also trying to be realistic, because it could be about someone completely different and I don't know.

I didn't believe the blind once it said that she moved out on her own for three months. Where would she go and with what money? TLC doesn't pay each adult separately, they pay as a family group, so it is unlikely that Jana would have a bank account full of money just sitting there. She doesn't even own the car she drives. Jim Bob isn't going to let her live in one of his properties for free. I doubt Jana would be drinking and hooking up the minute she gets out of the house. It would probably take three months just for her to get used to living without someone else. 

6 hours ago, FloraKitty35 said:

She is an adult.  If she was independent enough to move out and get a boyfriend the family doesn't approve of, she would be independent enough to refuse to go to JTTH.    

The blind item is not about Jana.  Remember That not long ago there was one which was supposed to be about Josh falling in love at RU and wanting a divorce?   Considering that men and women are kept apart at RU, we figured it was pure fiction. This is fiction also.

Is Jana totally shy in person - does anyone know for sure?    

I'm waiting for the family to come up with the story line that she has decided that she is offering her virginity and purity to God (sort of a fundie nun) and will remain that way for the rest of her life. 

And John ?   What great story can they put out there for John to stay single this long?  

What the Duggars don't get is that they have set their children and themselves up for this type of scrutiny. In the normal world, unmarried, non-dating 26 year-olds wouldn't cause much talk because there are so many other things they could be doing, i.e. working, going to college, just hanging out with friends, travelling. For the Duggars and other fundies, being unmarried and 26 year-old is almost cause for alarm, especially for females whose only purpose in life is to marry and have children. 

3 hours ago, MoonFace said:

Is Jana totally shy in person - does anyone know for sure?    

Jim Bob and Michelle have said for years that she's very talkative with people she knows well. I actually believe them on that point, and think that she just hates being on the show so much that she shuts down when the cameras are on. It wasn't until the Jill and Jessa specials that we saw any spark hint of a personality in Jana...my mini-conspiracy theory is that she got a a stern talking to from family and producers to stop acting the sad sack on camera. Or maybe the producers had previously edited out any scenes of Jana acting like a happy, outgoing person because they wanted to maintain the "CinderJana" narrative that the internet had built up...hate-watching ratings are just as good--or better--than leghumper ones. 

6 minutes ago, lascuba said:

Jim Bob and Michelle have said for years that she's very talkative with people she knows well. I actually believe them on that point, and think that she just hates being on the show so much that she shuts down when the cameras are on. It wasn't until the Jill and Jessa specials that we saw any spark hint of a personality in Jana...my mini-conspiracy theory is that she got a a stern talking to from family and producers to stop acting the sad sack on camera. Or maybe the producers had previously edited out any scenes of Jana acting like a happy, outgoing person because they wanted to maintain the "CinderJana" narrative that the internet had built up...hate-watching ratings are just as good--or better--than leghumper ones. 

i saw a hint of something when Jessa made her try on her bridesmaid dress in the bathroom and she came out and became all talkative and emotional :D

49 minutes ago, nst said:

i saw a hint of something when Jessa made her try on her bridesmaid dress in the bathroom and she came out and became all talkative and emotional

Yes--my favorite Jana scene.   She did not like the dress and was clearly not happy about having to do modifications like she had to do for all the dresses for Jill's wedding.  It was not flattering and she let Jessa know it.  

Run Jana Run!

Blinds are not always accurate and I think I know who it could be, but it is looking like it is not her. I could see that blind being Brooke Hogan or even Duck Dynasty. I think Duck Dynasty is pretty likely. 

On 1/14/2016 at 1:24 PM, Valerie3kids said:

Rumored to be building a treehouse. For the howlers? I just hope they make it safe. Treehouses are cool but can be very dangerous if not done correctly. But, TLC is probably paying for it and will make sure it is safe. The article I saw said both JD called and the film company called the day before the make sure they had all the product needed. It was also stated that they had no way to get all the lumber home so used trucks from Josh's Used Car Lot? I thought it was closed. Or do they have leftover inventory? I found it hard to believe that with all the large vehicles that family homes they had now way to get the supplies home. It is also reported they spent $3500.

Too bad they didn't spend just 3,000. I have on good word the dillards need just 500 more dollars to pay for English lessons, for Jill's teachers sons.

2 hours ago, bingbangboom said:

Too bad they didn't spend just 3,000. I have on good word the dillards need just 500 more dollars to pay for English lessons, for Jill's teachers sons.

Keep in mind that they probably begged for that money for the tree house and therefore were not about to share it.   Probably of the mindset of let others beg for what they want just like we do. 

8 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

If they were filming, maybe TLC bought the lumber. VSE Janna uses power tools.

I would be more impressed if Jana read a book that was not the Bible or that Prince Charming book. Although, I have started to think that fundies don't show their kids all of the Bible, just the hell and damnation parts. Don't want the kids know about Jesus wanting everyone to love and helps the meek, sick, poor, etc. 

14 hours ago, Mothership said:

Yes--my favorite Jana scene.   She did not like the dress and was clearly not happy about having to do modifications like she had to do for all the dresses for Jill's wedding.  It was not flattering and she let Jessa know it.  

Run Jana Run!

Was my all time favorite Jana scene also. Jessa was so damn rude about it all also. I thought it clearly showed both of their personalities. Jessa cares about no one but herself. Jana did not want to wear a dress that looked horrendous on her and if it looked bad on Jana jeepers what would it look like on the others? I always felt bad for her having to do all that work on those bridesmaids dresses for both Jill and Jessa along with her other work. I feel she most likely did not get a thank you from anyone.

I do also wonder how they are going to spin the JD and Jana story line. In a normal world, no one would care as they would be out and about living/loving life. But, they are not. They are still under strict control of their parents with nothing of their own so to speak. Their parents still need to know where they are at all times. They should be out in the world, finding themselves and having a blast. It is depressing thinking of the lifestyle they were born into and have no say about.

In the TH's with Joy, Jana has more personality. She always did TH's with Jill, who loves to talk and cut people off. Some people are just naturally more reserved and it doesn't help she was surrounded by extroverted siblings. I even think she might be funny in a sarcastic way. I remember in the Jill's proposal episode she made fun of Derick for ordering a salad. 

Also, I don't really think there's any truth to Jana/Jessa not liking each other because of that damn jewelry box story. It was pretty clear that Jana cares deeply about Jessa in her delivery episode. That's one speculation that needs to die. Siblings annoy each other, it happens. That doesn't mean siblings will hold any life long resentment. 

2 hours ago, socalrules said:

I would be more impressed if Jana read a book that was not the Bible or that Prince Charming book. Although, I have started to think that fundies don't show their kids all of the Bible, just the hell and damnation parts. Don't want the kids know about Jesus wanting everyone to love and helps the meek, sick, poor, etc. 

They're allowed to imagine about a Prince Charming? 

2 hours ago, Eatingintheprayercloset said:

<snip>

Also, I don't really think there's any truth to Jana/Jessa not liking each other because of that damn jewelry box story. It was pretty clear that Jana cares deeply about Jessa in her delivery episode. That's one speculation that needs to die. Siblings annoy each other, it happens. That doesn't mean siblings will hold any life long resentment. 

I agree that the jewelry box story needs to die.  It doesn't tell the story that Jana thought it would--about kindness turning things around. It also isn't a story of self-sacrifice for poor Cinderjana.  It's a story of rewarding Jessa for bad behavior.   I think Jana told the story to make herself look good, but I also think that if she really resented giving away the jewelry box, she would not have shared the story.    I even suspect that the jewelry box was a piece of crap and Jana exaggerated it's importance for the sake of the narrative.

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw that John-David acted as tour bus driver for Southern Raised (The Reith Family) this summer before Mr. & Mrs. Reith got their CDLs.  The Reiths posted some pictures on the Southern Raised FB page.  

I'm actually very interested in John-David and what he gets up to all by his lonesome.  I think he has this while BS figured out, and has mastered laying low until the time is right.  Right for what?  I don't know, but I would sure like to.

Seems like it just worries about a girl's purity. I remember when the Duggars visited an elementary school, and one of the girls told the class that was her favorite book.

Archived