IGNORED

Happy Birthday Jana and John David

hollywood

3 minutes ago, clueliss said:

So now it's a 'family orchestra?'

Jana probably could one day lead a real orchestra if she just got the hell away from her family.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would not occur to me to sign my last name in a birthday message to my kids. Huh. 

JD and Jana. I do hope it's a happy day for them. I wonder what they really think about their lives. 

Jana is so beautiful.

Happy birthday JD and Jana, I like both of you, I hope you have a better year than the last one!

Yeah, so weird to sign your last name in birthday greetings to your unmarried kids... the only possible reason to do it might be when you're giving a gift to a married son or daughter, and want to make sure they know which set of parents the gift is from ... even then, when giving gifts to our married daughter I still just sign "Mom & Dad" (I mean, duh - she can figure it out!) or, if it's a birthday gift to son-in-law, then I sign with our actual first names (which is what he calls us).

But never in a million years would I need to say "Mom and Dad NotFundy" when giving something to my UNMARRIED child.

How many "Moms and Pops" do they have?   

5 minutes ago, Fascinated said:

It would not occur to me to sign my last name in a birthday message to my kids. Huh. 

JD and Jana. I do hope it's a happy day for them. I wonder what they really think about their lives. 

I signed my full name on my daughter's birthday card by accident this past year.  I had been signing other things and just was on autopilot. I realized it almost instantly and added in parentheses "AKA Mom".  

My grandmother used to sign her letters to my mom, 

"With much love,  Your mother,   Margarita Justo de Perez."

My mom found it funny and used to ask rhetorically, "How many other mothers does she think I have?"

But I believe it was my grandmother's effort to be formal.  She had had no real education and she was following a model for letters that she copied at some point.

Back to the Duggars, part of it is that they are not really posting to their kids but to their fan base.  However another part may be that they simply don't know any better.  They are kind of tone-deaf.  They pick up a pattern and repeat it even when it isn't appropriate or necessary.

This just highlights how many ADULTS that they have still living at home....so crazy. Doing, what? If I was at home at any of their ages, I'd be expected to have a job or be looking, and be working on moving out on my own at a minimum!! (weird circumstances not withstanding). 

50 minutes ago, theinvisiblegirl said:

My guess is that the Duggars read places like Pickles or FJ often enough to know that we don't necessarily care for their usual "Happy birthday, bless you for your loving spirit and service to the Lord!" posts. They wrote quite a bit just now.

twins 1.png

Of course they're grateful for Jana.  Who else would raise their younger children?

1 hour ago, Letgo said:

Based on this photo, I am guessing that not all of the Keilen siblings are on board with ATI and IBLP. Gasp! Females wearing pants and sleeveless tops and Craig's quite defrauding white T shirt! What is known about this family, other than Brandon married Michael Bates and seems to be completely Gothardized?

Craig is 31 and lives in Scottsdale, AZ, with or near his brother RJ and RJ's wife and three kids. They work for the same mortgage company, according to his facebook and linkedin pages. RJ is part of what looks like the pre-reversal group of kids, judging by everyone's ages, and I suspect he isn't drinking much koolaid. It says a lot to me that Craig is living and working with this brother in Arizona, and not doing family political things in Michigan like some of the sibs. Or married by now, though several older Keilen kids are single and independent.

Craig's AZ SIL is Cooper Dauer's sister, so that marriage is possibly another instance of a young couple who left the cult like Anna's sister Rebekah and her husband did.

"She coordinates and hosts large events..." Like what exactly, feeding time at the TTH?

I'm so frustrated for these kids.  I have to go punch something now >:(

Jana's life is no different at 26 than it was at 12, except she can now drive (with an accountability buddy). She is an adult based on being of legal age only. In all other ways, a middle schooler has more freedom, options and opportunities for growth, than Jana does. 

Poor Jana  at least JD gets to work and have a life. Jana is stuck with jimchelle  raising her kids. Another Sarah maxwell? Happy  birthday guys! 

44 minutes ago, Toothfairy said:

Poor Jana  at least JD gets to work and have a life. Jana is stuck with jimchelle  raising her kids. Another Sarah maxwell? Happy  birthday guys! 

I've always felt the worst for the girls (although being a guy brought up in this cult isn't much better). 

I just got a text from my 26 year old daughter giving me the details of her graduation from grad school. She has had choices and opportunities to pursue her dreams, I don't think Jana was ever allowed to have dreams that weren't marriage and babies.

Jana is gorgeous. But perhaps jinger slapped some bronzer on her when she wasn't looking. I wish her the best. Escape if she wants, marry if she wants, whatever her heart desires. 

2 hours ago, karen77 said:

This just highlights how many ADULTS that they have still living at home....so crazy. Doing, what? If I was at home at any of their ages, I'd be expected to have a job or be looking, and be working on moving out on my own at a minimum!! (weird circumstances not withstanding). 

Yeah. Volunteer work is noble, but at 26, I think one could be an actual firefighter, police officer, EMT, etc. I guess Jana still has domestic duties to take care of, but what's keeping JD from a job?

I'm a bit younger than the twins and I simply can't imagine not having a real life.  I've been at home more recently because mom needed the help, but I still have my own life and if I didn't I know my mom would have shoved me out into the world.  One of her sayings is she was raising adults not children. I hope for their sakes they both find a way out that suits them.

3 hours ago, notfundy said:

Yeah, so weird to sign your last name in birthday greetings to your unmarried kids... the only possible reason to do it might be when you're giving a gift to a married son or daughter, and want to make sure they know which set of parents the gift is from ... even then, when giving gifts to our married daughter I still just sign "Mom & Dad" (I mean, duh - she can figure it out!) or, if it's a birthday gift to son-in-law, then I sign with our actual first names (which is what he calls us).

But never in a million years would I need to say "Mom and Dad NotFundy" when giving something to my UNMARRIED child.

It does make sense in this case, especially when it's a "public" birthday card put out on social media for the world to see.

It makes me wonder if they give the kids their own individual personal cards.

I wonder if JimBoob and OfJimBoob will post a birthday wish to Joshley in a couple of months or if they'll go on pretending he no longer exists (I mean on their social media, obviously they won't forget about him for reals but he's definitely the family black sheep now and probably forever)

HBD Jana and John!  I hope you two can make a break for it someday soon.  There are no little kids to take care of in the Duggar family anymore (unless you count Anna's kids currently living there but that should just be a temporary thing), they no longer need your servitude Jana.  Run Jana, run!  And take Jinger, Josiah and Joyless with you too (I don't believe for a second John still lives at the TTH at his age and as the only Duggar who actually works/has other outside the family activities otherwise I'd say Run John, run! too).

Happy birthday to JD and Jana!

This may be an unpopular birthday wish, but I wish they could get out and explore! Travel, have some drinks. Sleep with a few people of their choice.

Seriously, that's what your 20s are for! Enjoy life, make some mistakes, find out what your true values really are, aside from what your family believes! Get some life experience. 

I really hope they have some opportunities to explore someday. It makes me sad that at 26, they haven't. 

3 hours ago, notfundy said:

To be fair, if they were addressing any of the children younger than, oh, Joseph I guess, they have multiple mothers, at least.  OfJimBob herself for the first six months, then Jana, Jill, Jessa and Jinger.  For James and Jenny, they could count Joyless as one of their multiple mothers, too.  So signing the card from "BIOLOGICAL BIRTH PARENTS JIMBOOB AND OFJIMBOOB DUGGAR" actually makes sense to me. 

Still, as this was addressed to two children actually raised by their bio parents, so yeah, it's weird.

4 hours ago, Fascinated said:

Someone else probably wrote it.

1 hour ago, iweartanktops6 said:

Happy birthday to JD and Jana!

This may be an unpopular birthday wish, but I wish they could get out and explore! Travel, have some drinks. Sleep with a few people of their choice.

Seriously, that's what your 20s are for! Enjoy life, make some mistakes, find out what your true values really are, aside from what your family believes! Get some life experience. 

I really hope they have some opportunities to explore someday. It makes me sad that at 26, they haven't. 

I wish they have to ability to at least kiss and hold hands with a significant other without being married first!! 

Anyone feel like Jana and John-David now have the extra pressure to be the perfect role models for their siblings now that Josh is tainted? Especially JD(he even mentioned it in his TH during the Counting On Special). I feel for them, so much pressure at 26.

5 hours ago, notfundy said:

Because it's not really to Jana  and JohnDavid, it's to the leg humpers who like to hear the canned messages Mom and Pops Duggar give their children on birthdays.  I like how they made sure to include that Jana and John David are excellent role models to the younger kids.  (Are you paying attention leghumpers, we got these ones right. )

Another cringe worthy birthday post slightly better than Jordyn's fundie resume already going out.

Archived