IGNORED

Romantic History's Sarah Jane Leaves Husband- Part 3

keen23

I can see how expensive food is......you are right, it all boils down to location. With me, in the middle of the USA, it is cheap but sometimes going to food pantries, church dinners can stretch a meal or two and volunteering somewhere can also do that too. Spaghetti and high starch/fillers are cheaply done. A jar of spaghetti sauce from Aldi's is 99 cents and box of noodles, another 99 cents and you can buy day old bread for another 99 to $1.25......under four dollars, you have a decent meal or two! Same for a can of chili, with spaghetti noodles, you can do likewise.

McD got those five dollar meals or you can go for the meal savers, for a couple of dollars.

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, SweetFellowshipper said:

And yeah, I trust your calculations; I just live in Hawaii. I'm in Cali visiting family right now and food is SO CRAZY INEXPENSIVE everywhere but Hawaii (relatively speaking, of course). My eyes always bug out when I read how much food costs elsewhere.

That makes sense. I've never thought of food costs for Hawaii before, but I've heard the same for Alaska. 

I don't eat away from home very often but when I do, I like to get the self serve rolls at Kroger (3 for $1, and they are big and crusty and chewy and quite delicious). Pair it with a piece of fruit (a single apple or banana or two are under $1) and some protein and it is plenty filling, at least for me. My Kroger has chilled grilled chicken in a tub (meant for salads) for a few bucks. It's super good and lasts more than one meal. I like it better than lunch meat. 

5 minutes ago, MakeitSew said:

I don't eat away from home very often but when I do, I like to get the self serve rolls at Kroger (3 for $1, and they are big and crusty and chewy and quite delicious). Pair it with a piece of fruit (a single apple or banana or two are under $1) and some protein and it is plenty filling, at least for me. My Kroger has chilled grilled chicken in a tub (meant for salads) for a few bucks. It's super good and lasts more than one meal. I like it better than lunch meat. 

Lol, I know what you meant, but all I could picture was a bathtub full of chicken!

1 hour ago, bea said:

You guys, this thread is making me hungry.

No kidding, I would kill for a proper deli sandwich (pepper turkey on a roll is what I'm thinking) after reading these last few pages.

Sorry, Russell, you'll never be as interesting as food.. :laughing-rollingred: Hell, you're barely interesting at all.

Now he is posting about how Lauren's mom wants her to take an Uber or cab over to Russell's and Russell is asking about state laws and suing.  All he needs to do is Google to find out how the laws apply to minors using these services, no need to post.  One of his friends asked why he can't pick Lauren up himself.  Of course Rusty won't answer because then he'd have to admit there is an OP against him.

That makes sense. I've never thought of food costs for Hawaii before, but I've heard the same for Alaska.

I am  an Alaskan and fruits and vegetables are where they get you. Grapes for 7.99lb and deciding if you really want that BLT in January when the most awful looking fake tomato cost $5.00. Love farm fresh veggies and cheaper prices in the summer.

Narcissists are skilled at deflection and blaming. They will always, always, always blame the other person; they are incapable of seeing who they are, unless projecting their behaviors onto others. They're also extremely critical towards others in often ugly and forceful ways. They need a constant flow of praise and sympathy to make up for their own self loathing. When it stops, they are like caged animals and will strike out with force and 'defense'. To make it all that much more entertaining for him, narcissists are great at twisting perspective. What's that saying...when a narcissist can no longer control you, they will try to control other's perception of you. They'll go out of their way to make you doubt yourself and think up is down and down is up. 

I ain't an Internet diagnoser, but I was married to a narcissist and more importantly, survived divorcing that narcissist. 

I see my ex in Russ more and more every time he posts something. 

Russ is now attempting to sue Uber. He goes looking for trouble. Now I know why he dates married women with kids instead of single women his age. He lives for the drama. 

Take note of the reasonable people who point out the ridiculousness of the lawsuit, albeit in nicer terms than I would have done.

Screenshot_2016-02-25-18-47-06.png

Screenshot_2016-02-25-18-47-12.png

Screenshot_2016-02-25-18-46-55.png

I just checked out Sarah's Facebook page. She changed her profile picture from just her to a picture of herself, David, and their baby daughter sitting on a log. Is Russell reacting to this photo? Does he actually care about the alleged Uber incident?

1 hour ago, stacyf said:

I am  an Alaskan and fruits and vegetables are where they get you. Grapes for 7.99lb and deciding if you really want that BLT in January when the most awful looking fake tomato cost $5.00. Love farm fresh veggies and cheaper prices in the summer.

Dang, you must be up north! I grew up in Fairbanks, and while it was bad, I don't think it was ever quite that bad! I do remember winters where the produce would be pretty scarce due to shipments being delayed.

1 minute ago, stacyf said:

Actually Port Alsworth, Kotzebue and then King Salmon so not a lot of choices. Always nice when others visited and brought fresh veggies/fruits.

Ahh I see. Yes, your choices would be a lot more limited there. 

1 hour ago, stacyf said:

1 hour ago, season of life said:

Russ is now attempting to sue Uber. He goes looking for trouble. Now I know why he dates married women with kids instead of single women his age. He lives for the drama. 

Take note of the reasonable people who point out the ridiculousness of the lawsuit, albeit in nicer terms than I would have done.

Screenshot_2016-02-25-18-47-06.png

Screenshot_2016-02-25-18-47-12.png

Screenshot_2016-02-25-18-46-55.png

Is Russell seriously trying to be Grammar Cop here? You know what they say about throwing stones, Russell.........yikes.

What the heck?! I thought Lauren and her lovely family were in Disneyland.

Question:

What’s the legal age for minors to travel by themselves?

Answer:

Almost no law restricts when a minor can or can’t travel by themselves. It simply depends on the policy of whoever’s providing the transportation.

Society wants to protect kids, but not over-protect them. At the same time, society doesn’t want to interfere too much with how parents raise their kids. With kids traveling alone, society has pretty much avoided telling kids or parents what to do.

Most basically, minors with a valid driver’s license can drive by themselves wherever they want. (But not whenever they want, since Illinois law says a 16 or 17 year old’s license isn’t valid after curfew. That’s between 10 pm and 6 am from Sunday through Thursday, and from 11 pm to 6 am on Friday and Saturday.)

I could find only one law that regulates a minor traveling in any way. That’s an Illinois law that makes it illegal to sell “a public conveyance travel ticket to a minor.”

Actually, it only prohibits ticket sales for interstate travel to “an unemancipated minor under 17 years of age,” without a parent or guardian’s consent. So it doesn’t prevent a sale to a 17 year old, who’s otherwise considered a minor by Illinois law. And it doesn’t prohibit selling tickets to any kind of minor for travel within Illinois.

This law applies to tickets for travel by “airplane, boat, bus, railroad, train, taxicab or other vehicle used for the transportation of passengers for hire.” Violation is a misdemeanor.

So, in Illinois you have to be at least 17 to buy a ticket for interstate travel.

No other federal or Illinois law regulates when or how minors can travel. The law leaves carriers and consumers free to decide how to regulate themselves.

Which therefore means you have to check each carrier’s “unaccompanied minors” policy. They’re a lot alike, but not identical, and cover the actual travel, both intra- and interstate. Adults—or a 17 year old—would have to buy the tickets.

Greyhound says no unaccompanied minors under 8. (It’s OK if they’re accompanied by a 15 year old.) Kids 8 through 14 can travel unaccompanied, but with restrictions (no transfers, during daylight, with written permission, etc.) At 15, you can ride the dog just like an adult.

Amtrak says nobody under 13 rides unless they’re with someone at least 18. Kids 13, 14, or 15 can travel alone, but with lots of restrictions. At 16, they can travel alone, like adults.

Airline policies for “unaccompanied minors” travel gets more complicated. Each airline is different, but nobody I checked will allow anyone under 5 to fly alone.

Four of the largest U.S. Airlines (Delta, United, Southwest, and American) will permit 5 to 11 year olds to travel alone, but only if they pay extra for “unaccompanied minor service.” Within that age range, policies depend on whether a flight is direct or connecting, or the last of the day.

All four airlines allow 12 year olds to travel alone, as adults—but don’t necessarily encourage it.

If you don’t like somebody’s policy—you think, for example, an airline should fly an unaccompanied 7 year old on a connecting flight—you’re out of luck. They don’t have to, and you can’t make them.

I guess suing Uber for some settlement cash is Russell's new job.

It was not too long ago that good ol' Russell was hatin' on the cops all over his Facebook page, but now he wants their help. What a jackass. 

No, it is not illegal to send your kid by taxi to school or a designated place. The parent must pay the driver, tell him of the address and the other parent must informed the other parent that the child arrived safely. It is so common for parents to send their kids by taxi to school or a day care center. No different than a YMCA bus picking up kids at school. 

It all boils down on the company policies, if they say no child under that age, then it is up to the parent to find another company. 

I agree with the guy, Russ has a car, he can go and pick her up. He won't have to get out of his car, and the Mom can observe from the door as she let Lauren out to meet her dad and see her safe in his car before Russ drives off. Easier that way. If he wants her that bad, and it is his visitation, drive out there and get Lauren! Otherwise, taxi driver will do if she can not leave her house unattended for any reason (other kids, company, etc). Come on, not all taxi drivers are bad and just set a time frame, like half an hour away, give the tax driver about 45 minutes to arrive. 

Jeez, suing an Uber driver..........ridiculous! he is PAID to do the job but I think Uber policy says, no riders under 18 allowed unless he is certified by the state for criminal background checks (no different than bus drivers). 

SMH

Ugh. He was just awarded "Best Dad" by Lauren. He must be a great father, what with being unemployed and preoccupied with posting his whole life on Facebook. On the other post about the Uber, he responded that the court document included taxis, something he conveniently chose to express his rage over today. He claims he'll "call the state everyday." 

I bet after he made that comment, he completely forgot about the "issue". 

Lauren probably naturally loves her father and children can be blind to significant character flaws in their parents. I wish Russell would focus on doing the best for his child instead of using her as an emotional prop and source of validation. I really really feel bad for Lauren when I think about the eventual day she will realize who and what her father really is.

And just who gets the real credit for Russ getting that "Best Dad Oscar?"  Not Russ.  Obviously, Lauren's mother permitted  Lauren to buy it, and probably provided the funds for her to bring it back for Russ from California.

She could have redirected and encouraged Lauren to spend the money on Lauren, or one of her playmates, but she allowed her daughter to buy it for the asshat who's been skewering her mother on FB this week.  Russ is lucky Kindall is not vindictive, like a lot of other women would be and refuse to permit Lauren to spend money on this.

Her mother loves the child enough to look the other way and allow her child to love the person who has caused her so much harm and pain.  

That trophy Russ holds with pride, is not his.  It belongs to someone else.

Why doesn't he just go pick her up himself if it's that big of an issue?

25 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Why doesn't he just go pick her up himself if it's that big of an issue?

A third party has to deliver Lauren, or the have to meet at a neutral location, I am not sure which. The reason is because Lauren's mom had to take out an Order of Protection against Russell.

And now this - he might not quite be the worst father award, I think Joseph Naugler may have him beat, but keep trying Rusty old boy.

IMG_0484.jpg

Russ's obvious love for Lauren seems to be his one redeeming feature. It's obvious how much she means to him. She's such a gorgeous little kid though - that smile is infectious.

• Boogalou locked this topic

Archived