IGNORED

Pecan and Priss moving to Texas

WonderingInWA

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love renovating, and for what it's worth, I think that the new Waller abode looks like it has great bones. Obviously needs new electrical and it's good the gateway to hell was patched over, but it has real potential. One of the things that makes me sad about living where I do are the lack of super-inexpensive yet characterful fixers that seem to be available in the US. Here, the houses just aren't old enough, and a 'major fixer' is nothing more than some minor construction and major decorating... And that will set you back 350 - 400k... Sigh. Anyway, if I could find a house like that for less than 100k, I'd give it a go. 

Gods, I hope they keep the hobit door... I'm not normally a fan of paneling, but that is so geektastic....

That said, I've never seen pods made out of plywood and wrapped in tarp... The moving pods here are all metal boxes with doors. Is the plywood normal, or is that some sort of weird Gothard economy moving?

Also, I think it's great that the pecanthief fam actually bought a house - it gives Gothard less power over them... Not that I think they'd ever bail, but at least they are not totally dependant on the one organisation for employment and housing. It's going to make independent thinking a little more of a possibility. 

6 hours ago, amandaaries said:

The cedar is nice, but...it still doesn't look like a home for a family with young children.  It reminds me of stories of properties being stripped of wiring -- and in this case, stripped of tile and bedroom flooring, too.  WTF is right.  Maybe a nest of meth-heads were living there before Pecan and Pris blessed the house with their ownership...maybe?  How does a house fall into that condition?

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/former-meth-lab/

http://www.deq.state.ok.us/LPDnew/methlabs/meth.htm

(I have no idea about the laws in TX. Either way...)

Does it make anyone else feel better that they own the house? And I mean that in a "No one else controls it" AND a "Pris also has her name on the deed!" sort of way....

17 hours ago, accountingstar said:

Their prior mailing address was 544 BONNIE BRAE RD, HINSDALE, IL 60521-2818

Thanks for finding all the cool info accountingstar.
I just had to do a google street view of their old place (what a step up from the new place!) & have to ask if anyone noticed that what seems to be their old house has been completely toilet-papered. :laughing-rolling:  

David said that the people moved out and took part of the house with them....During the electric box video, David said "I own this house free and clear" no mortgage, I guess they are debt free? I do like the cedar paneling. 4 acres with two other water hookups, maybe the Staddons are going to build there....:ant:this is for that big old container of pesticide, I wonder what kind of bugs are in there?

How the HELL does a young couple with two small children and only one wage coming in manage to buy a house debt-free???????

I know there are some sort of secret "live without debt" seminars attached to ATI (JimBob and Michelle talked about them in the early specials) but I'm asking, WHATS THE FRICKEN SECRET?????? 

:confused2::annoyed::confused2::annoyed:

Wow, those Zillow photos.  What could possibly have happened in that house?  The gaping hole in the master floor is one thing, but everything looks intentionally destroyed.  I can't imagine they are in the house yet.  That is a major undertaking even if crews worked on it every day.

The Hobbit door is epic.

The giant hole makes it look like someone ripped out a stripper pole the hard way.  

My first thought on the hile in the bedroom was an abandoned waterbed Z with a slow leak.  Would rot out the floor over time.  

In east texas I'd be looking for snakes in a house that had been that open.  

I thought it looked like Pecan Thief was standing in a kind of grave-shaped hole while he was repairing the floor.  :pb_eek:

Speaking of pecans, they should be planting a pecan orchard on that property and they will never have to steal pecans again.  

Glad they did not try to move to Texas and work on that house without AC in the summer.  That said, they've probably gone to Big Sandy in the summer already so no surprises there. 

4 hours ago, Tim-Tom Biblethumper said:

Thanks for finding all the cool info accountingstar.
I just had to do a google street view of their old place (what a step up from the new place!) & have to ask if anyone noticed that what seems to be their old house has been completely toilet-papered. :laughing-rolling:  

It's what you get for using Halloween as an opportunity to pass out tracts to kids.

3 hours ago, IrishCarrie said:

How the HELL does a young couple with two small children and only one wage coming in manage to buy a house debt-free???????

I know there are some sort of secret "live without debt" seminars attached to ATI (JimBob and Michelle talked about them in the early specials) but I'm asking, WHATS THE FRICKEN SECRET?????? 

IBLP has a lot of money and I suspect that they pay their loyal folks very well. I have no proof, but that is what I'm guessing.

The Zillow listing says the house needs $40,000 in "finishing."  Considering there's no kitchen, the wiring is a mess and the bathrooms appear unusable, I'd say the cost would be more like $75,000 using licensed professionals and Home Depot-quality fixtures.  Good quality tile alone will cost thousands, and that house needs a lot.

I will give credit to David for closing the hole himself and having the sense to move his family into an apartment while the work is underway.  As for buying the house with cash, I suspect he received a bonus in lieu of housing allowance when agreeing to move to Big Sandy.  That, with whatever savings they amassed while living rent-free in Illinois likely gave them enough cash to close escrow.  

4 hours ago, IrishCarrie said:

Maybe he had saved the money, maybe the company paid for it, maybe it was gifted and grifted.   The way money flows and the way business transaction occur in this world are completely different than how things work in the "real world".  Those buying the presious "pamphlet" textbooks essentially bought that house most likely.

What the actual fuck happened to that house, and why would anyone buy something like that when there are other houses that actually have a floor. I hope there is nothing harmful there from the potential meth lab that was once there, or whatever the hell else could cause a house to be that awful.

10 hours ago, RainbowSky said:

(I have no idea about the laws in TX. Either way...)

Does it make anyone else feel better that they own the house? And I mean that in a "No one else controls it" AND a "Pris also has her name on the deed!" sort of way....

I'd be pleasantly surprised if David allowed Priscilla to have her name on the deed. Seems contrary to IBLP's attitude towards women.

The slide makes me nervous. It looks like it is one wrong step away from a horrible accident happening. 

I doubt they'll have any shortage of help fixing and setting up the house.  Duggars, Wallers, other ATI families, ALERT cadets, good deals from whichever local places provide labor/supplies for the IBLP campus, etc.

Won't surprise me if they're in by late spring.

I doubt they'll have any shortage of help fixing and setting up the house.  Duggars, Wallers, other ATI families, ALERT cadets, good deals from whichever local places provide labor/supplies for the IBLP campus, etc.

Won't surprise me if they're in by late spring.

I seem to recall Davy helped do some of the renovation of Josh and Anna's home in Siloam Springs. It seems the Waller boys have some construction knowledge.

If you ask me it looks like the house may have been ripped apart by thieves trying to get at copper wiring/plumbing.

They've gone about the move in a very ATI kind of way, and I just don't see how everyone who moves to Big Sandy can do it the same way without drying up the local housing inventory and their own diy labor pool. How many families do we know who will make this move? Multiply that by the number of families that aren't discussed here.

Will the Paines move (I can't tell if they live in IL or OK)? The Muellers? Dan Webster's got two married kids stationed at HQ, if I'm not mistaken. Hmm, actually I guess Jordan and Olivia are in Florida. Big Sandy had better brace itself.

Looking at their old house in Hinsdale, it's owned by Edward and Lucy Varin. Do the names ring a bell with anyone? Their house is 540 Bonnie Brae Rd. If the info from Intelius is correct, Edward is in his 50s and is a manager at Tradesignals.

The toilet papering happened in Sept. 2012 (that's when street view captured it) so Halloween had nothing to do with it. Maybe it was just due to their being generally annoying. Also, street view isn't necessarily exact. Remember: Address is approximate.

Screen shot 2015-12-26 at 4.19.31 PM.png

I'm no contractor, but the devil's gateway in the master looks to be a MAJOR structural scar on the house.  The large beam to the right of the pic seems to be the center beam of the home & whoever did this cut a majority of the support going to the outside wall to the left.  I hope David's repairs are sufficient to make up for it.

• Boogalou locked this topic

Archived