IGNORED

Jill and Jessa Duggar Special Sunday Dec 13 - Merge

HerNameIsBuffy

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, lascuba said:

Oh, look, the totally scripted, awkward, scene of fake sister togetherness.

I really think that Jill isn't close to any of the siblings closer to her in age. She's close to her buddies, because she was in charge and it's more of a parent child relationship, but she doesn't seem to connect to her peers at all. She must have been such a pill to grow up with. 

I was trying to find the right way to express the impressions I was getting. This is it, thanks!

They still don't see the hypocrisy of their preaching & actions and how it can affect others.  They certainly don't like their 'sins' being cast out there for public consumption tho!

They have either forgiven him for what he did to them, or not.  What he did to Anna is completely different and at least (as far and as much as we know) done with a consenting  adult.  One would hope he no longer is messing with little children. 

I don't get how this hurts them more or as intensely as what he did to them.  I personally feel it was never truly dealt with and Jessa ignores/dismisses it and Josh, Jill is confused by it and mad about it and Josh, Jinger appears to be truly hurt and suffering, not knowing what to feel about her brother and now the new 'issue' is bringing it all back.  How was he not 'healed' by God, they prayed so hard.

Praying to God doesn't make you a good person and lead you to make the right choices.  It's something you as a human decide to do … don't bring God into it!

Kate + 8, little people. cake boss, 7 little johnsons and Tim and Sid commercials, Married by Mom and Dad.

ETA: Rogers cable add

2 minutes ago, twinmama said:

What exactly do either of them have going on that they can't spend time together during the week? lol

It's not like they have 9-5 jobs 5-6 days a week or anything like that. :my_rolleyes:

Sudddenlink is the main cable provider in Arkansas and so far we've had one Christie Brinkley face cream, Build A Bear, asthma foundation, Suddenlink and the rest has been TLC promos.

Commercials this break....

Cake Boss with Feeding America PSA
7 Little Johnsons
Saiontz and Kirk (again)
Little Couple
Married by mom and Dad

Another completely commercial-free break here.. nothing but TLC promos and one from our local cable company.  I think the commercials some people are seeing were sold by the local cable.  This show is toxic to sponsors and they know it.

37 minutes ago, Gossamer1 said:

"Allegations "!?! Are they kidding? If he admitted  it then it's not an allegation. 

He only admitted that he had done some inappropriate things. He never said what.  And he was never interviewed by the real police.

After this, we need to make a full list of all the ads seen throughout the show and make sure to write those remaining companies. It's great to see that threatening boycotts has worked for so many other sponsors.

Thanks for the recaps @Buzzard and everyone else for filling me in on details of what's been shown so far.

Is this an hour or longer? Nearly 2am here so not gonna be able to stick it out any longer, so  so so sleeepy

Part 4

Jill and Derrick show up at Benessa's house.  Jill has a new doppler and uses it on Jessa.  Jessa feels big, and lays on the couch. They cover here with a blanket.

Jessa - growing up, jill liked to pretend she was a nurse. She'd listen to heart beats and give them drops of juice.  She always had that in her (too bad she couldnt be a nurse).

Jill feels where the baby is in Jessa belly.  Jill uses the doppler and they smile when they hear the heartbeat.

Izzy cries.  Derrick asks if Ben has any questions.  Izzy doesnt answer...

Ben - Jessa is going to be an awesome mom - caring and no nonsense.

Jessa - we compliment eachother on our parenting styles.  I'll keep them in line and he'll goof off with them.

Jill and Jessa make hot chocolate.

Jill - is it weird that your married and having a kid?

Jessa - yeah.  Its hard to imagine what life will be like with the baby.

Jessa - I'm at the point that I'm excited about seeing the baby but I'm not rushing it.  Its allright, I can be pregnant for another month and be ok.

They say the chocolate milk smells like a cow

Jessa - I'm not nauseated but I have a heightened sense of smell.

Jlll - i could smell really well froma mile away

Derrick - Its cool being a dad. Wanting to change a diaper, I had never done that.  For me, the learning curve has been vertical.  Its different when its you child.  In the beginning you have to remind yourself that you have a kid.  We'd get out and Jill would be like "are you going to get israel?" Sometimes when you've only had him for a couple of weeks you have to remember.

Derrick Bench presses izzy.  Ben thinks thats a good idea but not after feeding.  But not with a low ceiling.  Its mutually beneficial because you get your excercise in.  Ben tries bench pressing him, derrick tells him to have a good grip.  The girls look on and smile.

Ben - it was good to have an actual baby there to get some live experience.  its one thing to have someone tell you, its another to demonstrate.

Jill - are you prepared for the birth?

Jessa - I try not to think about it.  I'll probably cry.  I ask ben to give me a back massage but thats not helpful.

Jill - when it comes down to it, for me, every contraction, it wasnt super bad if I focused on that contraction.  Dont get focused on the big picture.

Jessa  - Its hard to think about how long labor can go. I cant imagine having some wihout a break.

Jill - you doget a break, long enough to catch your breath. 

Jessa - Ben said that he didnt think he couldbe in there.  I dont want to see you in pain, cant help you.

Ben - I hadnt thought about it

Jessa - it will be intense seeing me in agony but we went to these brith classes.  

Ben - its better for me to be there because it is helpful.

Jessa - Its good to have moral support.

The girls go back to where the menfolk are with izzy.  They talk about its different... JIll says "quincy adams."  Izzy pats Jessa's belly

Archived