IGNORED

Jill and Jessa Duggar Special Sunday Dec 13 - Merge

HerNameIsBuffy

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those of us not watching, let's stand united with poor Buzzard who, I don't think has a choice in the matter.  Thanks, Buzzard. You are a saint. 

Wait, Derrick doesn't want to leave his wife a widow at 23 so gets braces the day she goes into labor? I don't know anything about dentistry so I am completely confused how needing braces constitutes a life or death emergency. Anyone know to explain?

Just now, 0KidsAndHappy said:

The doctor must have damaged nerves in Derick's face.

HA! Their popular white, blond hair and blue eyed baby!

I noticed the nerve thing too, it almost gives him a stroke appearance. (My mom had one when I was little, not hating just an observation!)

Derick's face is really crooked!   But he just basically called Josh a scum bag--what you do in private when no one is watching is who you really are--paraphrased, of course

1 minute ago, nerdymama1 said:

Wait, Derrick doesn't want to leave his wife a widow at 23 so gets braces the day she goes into labor? I don't know anything about dentistry so I am completely confused how needing braces constitutes a life or death emergency. Anyone know to explain?

I think Jill was supposed to have the baby a couple weeks before she did.  So Derick probably scheduled it thinking things would be settled and he'd be on paternity leave when he got his braces on.

3 minutes ago, lascuba said:

There goes Jill with "accountability." If we thought she was clingy with Derrick before...poor Derrick. 

I'm of the mind he likes it...he's always struck me as a Capt'n Sav-a-Hoe....

having a delicate flower to protect and shelter seems to be up his alley.

Watching this with someone completely unfamiliar is interesting. She also believes that Jill and Jessa may not know the full truth of what Josh did. 

Just now, goldfishgoddess said:

I think Jill was supposed to have the baby a couple weeks before she did.  So Derick probably scheduled it thinking things would be settled and he'd be on paternity leave when he got his braces on.

Ah, gotcha. Thanks! Can't watch because I don't have TLC, so I don't have the entire context. Still don't get how it would make her a widow in the near future, though! Infection, maybe?

Jessa, what are you doing all day that you can only see Jinger once a week?

The "widow at 23" comment was about him having oral surgery, not the braces. 

The second commercial break was only The Little Couple preview. It looks like boycott threats worked. So far, though, Lysol and Progressive did advertise.

Sorry:  shameless shoutout for the I-49 cameo!  woo hoo tha's my hiway ya'll!!! slightly further south however.......

Those of us not watching, let's stand united with poor Buzzard who, I don't think has a choice in the matter.  Thanks, Buzzard. You are a saint. 

The patron saint of FJ

1 minute ago, lascuba said:

Jessa, what are you doing all day that you can only see Jinger once a week?

The "widow at 23" comment was about him having oral surgery, not the braces. 

jinger is raising her siblings 

Jessa, many babies are only slightly larger than 15 inches when they're BORN. Your baby was not 15 inches at the ultrasound "halfway through". 

I understand Jill feeling victimized again, after the release of the reports.  Perhaps if they weren't so hypocritical and quick to condemn others lifestyles and choices.  Maybe if they had admitted that their lifestyle hasn't led to a perfect life, there have been bumps in the road (tho molestation is hardly a bump!)  but,  felt it was the best way to raise their family, people would have been more 'forgiving'.  It's the way they preach to, look down on others with the holier than thou attitude that led to, I believe, people not letting go of the unsubstantiated rumours.   Those in glass houses and all that!

I truly don't believe that them having and talking about the victimization has anything to do with what he did to Anna and they're forgiveness of what he did to them.  Apples and oranges, however, it should show them that their way of life, clearly their relationship with the Lord is not enough to make someone live a perfect lifestyle and will something away.  Lots of nice platitudes though about plugging along and getting  thru the fire. 

Man this show is all over the place with the 'plot' lines.

Archived