IGNORED

Jill and Jessa Duggar Special Sunday Dec 13 - Merge

HerNameIsBuffy

30 minutes ago, tsukinokawa said:

just finished watching the special and god it was boring as hell. 

even watching white wall is more interesting than watching these duggar girls talking about the "oh so awful second incident never mind the first one which oh happened so many years ago and should not have gone out in the first place" while some insipid stuff  about benissa's little,the little izzie with jillrick, the so called missionary thing, sisters shopping for baby items is thrown in the pot. Not sure if I wanna watch the second one as of now. 

seriously I need some good game to entertain me 

I just tried to watch it and nope, not happening. 

So, so boring, the clips I watched and the recaps are more than enough.

I will say that the siblings reaction of anger to Josh's lying, cheating ways is in some ways understandable. They have been raised in a bubble, told that their way is the best way, and at the same time they have horrible parents that have done nothing to help them cope, navigate and deal with anything but a perfect life. I could imagine that there is a misdirected anger there and that they may never realize that the ones who are truly deserving of their anger are JB and Michelle.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Zap2it.com posted the ratings yesterday. The Kardashians only drew slight more viewers in age 18-49 than Jill & Jessa: Counting On. Let's see the ratings for next week. If these ratings continue, I could see TLC renewing.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2015/12/15/sunday-cable-ratings-dec-13-2015/

Among the other originals Sunday, AMC’s “Into the Badlands” fell a tenth to 1.0, and “Keeping Up with the Kardashians” (0.9) was down two tenths from the previous week. The premiere of “Jill & Jessa: Counting On” drew a 0.8 for TLC. “Homeland” was steady at 0.6.

Show Net Time Viewers (000s) 18-49 rating
REAL HOUSEWIVES ATLANTA BRVO 8:00 PM 3016 1.4
SUNDAY MOVIE FAM 6:45 PM 2529 1.0
INTO THE BADLANDS AMC 10:00 PM 2209 1.0
KEEPING UP KARDASHIANS ENT 9:00 PM 2053 0.9
FAMILY GUY ADSM 10:30 PM 1916 0.9
SUNDAY MOVIE FAM 4:30 PM 2085 0.9
SUNDAY MOVIE FAM 9:00 PM 2080 0.9
JILL & JESSA: COUNTING ON TLC 8:00 PM 2220 0.8

Did anyone else notice that YouTube has been taking down the links to Jill & Jessa Counting On?

Right now Amazon is selling 19 Kids and Counting Season 11 as a lightening deal. It is currently $17.99 and four percent claimed. It is good for over 3 hours.

1 hour ago, Mrsaztx said:

"Look at those eyes!" "That hair! Oh my gosh!" Is how I comment on ugly babies

LOL.  In that same vein, my brother told a story of a nun who was a friend of his.  She was often invited for meals at various parishioner's homes and the food sometimes was not so great.  She would always  say "what a tasty meal!" if she couldn't think of anything nicer to say.

Omg. My YouTube is on auto play running the clip show about courtships. I just saw Bin asking Jessa to make it official. Pa and Ma and them in what looks like the laundry room? He asks, she says yes. And they stand there. MOST AWKWARD THING EVER.

On 12/15/2015 at 3:08 PM, Cerealgirl said:

Come on, no one has uploaded an illegal version to YouTube or elsewhere yet? Disappointed in this fandom. ; p

Errrr it's not a fandom here.  We are the Duggars' undoing.

44 minutes ago, EmmieJ said:

LOL.  In that same vein, my brother told a story of a nun who was a friend of his.  She was often invited for meals at various parishioner's homes and the food sometimes was not so great.  She would always  say "what a tasty meal!" if she couldn't think of anything nicer to say.

My dad told me the story of a time he was at an international business dinner, and a Moldovan businessman wanted to show off his country's wine. A Frenchman was also at this dinner, and upon tasting the Moldovan wine, said "well, it most certainly is wine." 

I also laughed out loud during the Jill's wedding episode when the best thing Jim Bob could come up with about Michelle's awful dress was how very...modest it was.

REMINDER! If you are interested in watching the full episode, surprisingly you can watch it on the TLC website, BUT you must log in using your cable provider's user name and password (the same one that you use to log in and pay your cable bill online). I have not tried it yet because I already watched the special on TV.

1 hour ago, nolongerIFBx said:

I desperately wanted the producer to ask, "What do you mean by set boundaries?" because Jill knows the words to say but I'm not sure she knows what the words mean. It does not mean to lock your children in their rooms at night so your molesting son can't get in. "What does 'being accountable' mean to you?" because it seems like it means tattling to your parents about every little thing your siblings do that doesn't fit the mold.

Or maybe accountability means being even more clingy and not allowing Derrick to go anywhere alone. She seemed so desperately clingy before this, and I feel like her take away from Josh 2.0 is that if men are left alone they will give into sin.

3 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Or maybe accountability means being even more clingy and not allowing Derrick to go anywhere alone. She seemed so desperately clingy before this, and I feel like her take away from Josh 2.0 is that if men are left alone they will give into sin.

I could see Joshgate 2.0 exacerbating the existing abandonment issues Jill seems to have. At first it was just "oh god I don't know how being alone works this is scary I can't handle being alone for 8 hours", but now there's an added layer of "mommy and daddy told me it was normal for boys to do what Josh did to their sisters. Maybe it's normal for men to cheat too. And I'm just like Anna because I just had a baby and I don't feel like having sex a lot and oh god Derick is going to go cheat on me and leave me all alone".

And will this issue be explored in some intensive therapy with a licensed, unbiased professional who can help her overcome this ordeal and get on with her life? Well, I'm sure you can take a wild-ass guess...

1 hour ago, accountingstar said:

Zap2it.com posted the ratings yesterday. The Kardashians only drew slight more viewers in age 18-49 than Jill & Jessa: Counting On. Let's see the ratings for next week. If these ratings continue, I could see TLC renewing.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2015/12/15/sunday-cable-ratings-dec-13-2015/

Did anyone else notice that YouTube has been taking down the links to Jill & Jessa Counting On?

Right now Amazon is selling 19 Kids and Counting Season 11 as a lightening deal. It is currently $17.99 and four percent claimed. It is good for over 3 hours.

What is in season 11 the season where Jessa gets married or the season we will never see edit it's all crapola -everything to do with josh 

airpirt lounge 

I got a pat down 

Are we sure Anna has unconditional love for josh? Because I watched it and I don't think I heard that part. Maybe she meant her children otherwise that would be just so wrong.

1 hour ago, HarryPotterFan said:

yeah all that stuff about accountability partners etc., always made me wonder if fidelity really counts if the only reason you're faithful is just because you never got the opportunity to cheat. 

I finally watched it now (youtube has removed the link already) and I was struck by a few things.

First of all, Jessa and Ben annoy me with their secrecy about not revealing the gender of poor Spurgeon. They're so giddy and self satisfied. We work as a team, not revealing whether we're having a boy or a girl. I mean, what the heck. They're making it sound as if they're accomplishing something great and difficult... but they're just playing games, making it harder for their relatives to shop for the baby. And by and large the world doesn't care if they're having a boy or a girl. 

Overall I find Derick a more sympathetic character than Ben but the mission talk annoyed me. Oh it's so so dangerous out there, such a violent country, and the drug cartels and all, and we have a little baby but we're going to risk his life, because of what's at stake. Really, Derick, what's that? You tell me what's at stake? What are you going to do?  Do you think the drug cartels are going to stop being dangerous and violent because you went to Central America to show your baby around? What skills do they have that will make drug lords turn their life around and stop being drug lords? 

Anyway, if you talk like that when you're in the country it can get annoying to the residents real fast. If our daily life seems so dangerous to you, what are you doing here, just bugger off, will ya? 

Did I detect a hint of "maybe they shouldn't do that" in whoever it was who said that it's such a dangerous country and now they're not just themselves but they have a baby to think about who was trusted in their care to keep safe", or words to that effect? 

And goodness me, it can get hot in Arkansas, it can get hot in Central America. Please don't forget the baby in the car. 

Everybody refers to "things that happened", "the situation",  and "what a person does" and vague things like that. Half of the time it seems like it's because it's such an emotionally raw wound they can't bring themselves to call a spade a spade without distancing, and half of the time it seems like it's just a symptom of what's wrong. If things got called by their real names more often, maybe there'd be more honesty and less hypocrisy and more healing. 

And everyone was going on about how wrong it was for the police report to have been released, and I understand they feel that way, but I think it was John David who said something reasonable, that the family put themselves out there so it was only to be expected that when something comes out people will take a closer look. (paraphrased)

Edited to add: screw you, Josh, for what you did to Joy. 

1 hour ago, goldfishgoddess said:

Errrr it's not a fandom here.  We are the Duggars' undoing.

Re Youtube Versions - There are youtube versions available, but they are zoomed/slowed down to avoid copyright claims. so not the best quality and slightly annoying to watch. But i haven't found any legal way to view it other than PayTV in Australia... Search in the last week, videos over 20mins and list by most view counts. that might help, if they haven't already been removed for copyright issues.

As much as I suspect everything they say and do, it does seem to me like Jill and Derek are really in love, and maybe a pretty good match. Jessa and Ben, on the other hand, are already straining at the seams.

I wonder if part of Jinger's comments about Anna (and maybe some of the other tears we've seen or comments from the brothers about being true to your wife) are partly because Anna has apparently been at the TTH since the cheating scandal broke. They've been seeing its impact on her firsthand in a way we haven't and I'm sure seeing her pain has been hard, especially in a culture where they are so discouraged from having that kind of self expression. But she couldn't make it through that little clip without looking totally shattered. I'm sure there was a lot of crying and some serious despondence that they witnessed, and likely times the siblings watched the M-kids because she didn't feel able to do it. I think there's probably a lot of redirected internal family anger with Josh that accounts for their feelings too, but I could see some of their responses also being partly out of empathy for Anna. Josh didn't cheat on them but they have been her primary support system through all of this and that must have taken a toll, too.

28 minutes ago, BackseatMom said:

As much as I suspect everything they say and do, it does seem to me like Jill and Derek are really in love, and maybe a pretty good match. Jessa and Ben, on the other hand, are already straining at the seams.

I agree.   Jill and Derrick will go through life together in their oblivious, fundie way feeding each other waffles and having eleventy children.

Bin and Jessa would have  been a nasty HS break up, if they had only been allowed to really date.  I feel like she wants to dump him in some great show down at the homecoming dance and instead is stuck with this boy-husband and now a baby.

OK guys, it's finally up on [redacted] (yaaay, no chipmunk voices!). I find the [redacted] links work the best, and I just watch them within the [redacted] site -- click the "watch video" link and then you'll be on a page with a video viewer that you can make fullscreen. You have to X out of a popup ad and the one in the middle of the video, but then you're good.

[redacted]

(Warning: unbelievably boring.)

So, what exactly ARE the Dillies going to do about the violence......pray it away? The plan is to give people hope by telling them about the new and improved Jeebus? I truly do not understand this. 

I can understand building, medical help and such, but what are THEY going to do about violence in a Central American country, about which, I admittedly know nothing. 

On December 14, 2015 at 11:19 PM, luv2laugh said:

Also, the Duggars were reported to have hired a crisis management team. It's painfully obvious that they directed how to approach these specials.

When our family has a crisis we also hire a crisis management team. They are also known as attorneys. Lol. 

Here's a shorter recap: "Josh is not the person we knew", "Like, and things and stuff...", 2 excursions to Once Upon A Child, and a bon voyage/grifting opp which looked to be sparsely attended by anyone outside the fam. Even their church is bored with them.

Mr. Wolf had the same surgery as Derrick right after we were married. He was pretty skinny to start with, and lost a little weight, but put it back on pretty quickly. He never looked like death warmed over like Derick. He was about the same age.

Derrick looks like something is seriously wrong.

16 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Mr. Wolf had the same surgery as Derrick right after we were married. He was pretty skinny to start with, and lost a little weight, but put it back on pretty quickly. He never looked like death warmed over like Derick. He was about the same age.

Derrick looks like something is seriously wrong.

Well, marrying into a cult, to a woman who cannot make any decisions at all, or spend any time alone, yet who convinced him to quit his paying job, which he did, only to find his media job gone...moved to a foreign, developing nation with no ability to communicate and no job, all while recovering from surgery and becoming a parent for the first time, would be stress inducing for most folks.

Seriously wrong is what his life has become and the situation he is currently in.

I wonder if the sex and kissing are worth it????

Archived