IGNORED

Pastor’s Pregnant Wife Killed in Home Invasion (Indianapolis)

DomWackTroll

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought I read that two people had been arrested and the police have physical evidence.  It's a very bizarre situation all around. 

My gut tells me he was involved. But I keep reminding myself of Gary Condit. I think God and everybody thought that man was guilty as sin, and he wasn't. Still, there are so darn many "coincidences" in Amanda's case that it's darned hard to swallow the idea of them all truly being coincidences.  But I think you're right about the affair -- I've noticed that fundy pastors screech the loudest about the sins they themselves have. And in Davey's case, he sure liked blabbing about sex ... 

Good point about Gary Condit.  I was watching one of the murder shows on the ID channel, and as police went through potential suspects, there were at least 3 different guys who were in the immediate or general vicinity at the time of the crime who had a criminal history that made them likely perps and were a physical likeness to the description of a possible perp glimpsed by witnesses.  Was it one of these 3 guys? Nope, each one was ruled out, and it turned out to be someone else.  The other disconcerting aspect of that show is that there were 3 different guys who were in the immediate vicinity at the time of the crime who had a criminal history that made them likely perpetrators of the crime committed (assault and murder of a co-ed beside a college campus). That's just beyond creepy.  

There's also every possibility that Davey Blackburn found he had nothing in common with his wife, they were completely incompatible, and he just did not love her.  And in the midst of that, two horrible men murdered her. Two totally unrelated things, but perhaps he isn't grieving because he did not love his wife and just tolerated her because divorce is not an option in his religion and position.  

Anyone for a betting pool on how long before he remarries to  young, beautiful blond wife #2?  'Cause Baby Wesley needs a mom?

Everything I have seen about this couple shows that Amanda was completely head over heels in love with Davey but I agree that this may not have been a two way street.  Perhaps he was very affectionate during the dating and newlywed phases.  A lot of couples relationships change drastically once children come into the family and I wonder if that was the case with the Blackburns.  

Anyone for a betting pool on how long before he remarries to  young, beautiful blond wife #2?  'Cause Baby Wesley needs a mom?

Well, that and because Jesus. 

I'm not sure if the original post meant to snark or just wanted to discuss the topic. If they just wanted to get other views on it, that seems ok to me. If it was to snark, that's really out of line and unfair in my opinion.

If the Police do eventually find that the husband had a hand in this, then that's a different story. But for now he has been cleared and I think he deserves to be shown a bit of compassion. He lost his wife and their son lost his mother.

Snark? Where? No one is snarking on this tragic story; however, it's a story that has generated much discussion throughout the media.  Discussion is a much different thing than what this forum does routinely and which can, at times, be quite mean-spirited regarding fundies we're "obsessed" with. 

Snark? Where? No one is snarking on this tragic story; however, it's a story that has generated much discussion throughout the media.  Discussion is a much different thing than what this forum does routinely and which can, at times, be quite mean-spirited regarding fundies we're "obsessed" with. 

I'm not entirely sure what the point is in bringing this back up. This was discussed and resolved already. The OP already clarified the concerns I had, I apologized for the misunderstanding on my part, and we've all moved on.

I'm not entirely sure what the point is in bringing this back up. This was discussed and resolved already. The OP already clarified the concerns I had, I apologized for the misunderstanding on my part, and we've all moved on.

I must apologize to you. I was on my phone in my car, and I thought your post was a recent one. Totally my mistake. 

I must apologize to you. I was on my phone in my car, and I thought your post was a recent one. Totally my mistake. 

Lol! No problem - I do the same thing.

I could care less what race they are. I feel for all involved. I recall the Susan Smith case very well. -the fake tears, accusing a black male. Everyone believed her.

Well, I think the police doubted her the moment she began talking, as her story included many things that were either not possible or unlikely.

All that would take is a pay as you go phone or a tablet with minutes on a separate account.... 

Susan Smith told the police she was stopped at a red light, with no other cars nearby, when the 'black men' took her car. Except that light only turns red if there is another car at the intersection. Busted.  

One person responded that he forgot "well-loved." 

I'm sorry but wtf kind of post is that? To talk about how simple his wife was? Why not just say positive things about your recently murdered wife?? I'm no crime expert and admittedly a cynic when it comes to the husbands (especially ones with all kinds of strange coincidences surrounding the murder) not being involved in cases like these... But this guy is raising some red flags. That's a shit post and I'm kind of glad someone snarked him back. I would be insulted if I were her family or friend. Also between this one and his last post, I keep getting hell references. Like-- she's sun tanning... Well done...

After cases like the Azaria Chamberlain case (for those who don't know, that was the Dingo Ate My Baby incident in Australia -- the mother of the baby was presumed to be the killer, in part because of her flat affect and "not grieving like a mother should" behavior, but it did turn out that she was innocent), I'm hesitant to say that someone is guilty just because they're not grieving "appropriately", but this guy's got more red flags than a Marxist rally.

I'm 33.  Maybe I'm just old-fashioned or something, but isn't it sort of inappropriate for him to be tweeting about his wife's death at all?  And beyond that the stuff he's tweeting troubles me.  Still, though, it's totally possible he's just an egotistical jerk who isn't that sorry she was the victim of a random crime, I guess.  I don't know, something just feels off here.

So apparently God let his wife be murdered so that there will be a revival in America? He said his church was a "valley of dry bones", so God allowed Amanda to "lose her breath" so that life could be breathed into the church. 

http://www.christianpost.com/news/davey-blackburn-indiana-god-allowed-wifes-murder-church-could-live-151872/

I am still reserving judgment and wishing all those close to this woman peace and comfort in their grief, but this guy sure doesn't make it easy for me...

43 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

So apparently God let his wife be murdered so that there will be a revival in America? He said his church was a "valley of dry bones", so God allowed Amanda to "lose her breath" so that life could be breathed into the church. 

http://www.christianpost.com/news/davey-blackburn-indiana-god-allowed-wifes-murder-church-could-live-151872/

This is so seriously fucked on so many levels, no matter whether Davey Blackburn is involved or not in his wife's murder.

What an asshat, even for a fundie.

I don't believe for a minute that he was involved in Amanda's death. However, the things he preaches-- eg, that women dislike and fear sex but must endure it anytime the husband asks-- are beliefs that do cause women to be murdered every day.

He's gross and he didn't deserve her.

I realize he says God didn't kill his wife, exactly, but just allowed it to happen for her breath or some such reason. These are the type of statements that drive me up the wall. I mean, what the hell?  How can anyone believe in a God who would purposefully allow a young woman to be murdered?  Why don't people see how ludicrous this is???  

That is just all kinds of fucked up. 

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

Horrible. Just Horrible.

It is quite eerie that he is accusing the church of "staleness", and implying that Amanda's death was "allowed" by God as a means of revival.  

He kind of implied that his marriage to Amanda was stale, not so long ago.

The real miracle is how his father-in-law refrained from decking this monster while listening to the crap he spewed...

Archived