IGNORED

Dante's level of hell quiz

zadie

I think there will be a grand FJ reunion on level 6.  See you other heretics there!

I also scored high on virtuous non-believer and gluttonous.  The last one sounds about right.

Did anyone else think of Stevehovah with the fasting question?  I snorted.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

P.S. This is OT, sorry, but I love your Gallifreyan avatar, @daisyd681! (Unless my poor, tired eyes are deceiving me and that's not Gallifreyan?)

Thanks! It is Gallifreyan. It says "Not all who wander are lost". I have it tattooed around my forearm. It's really good at identifying fellow Whovians. :my_biggrin:

Back on topic, I'm surprised my tats didn't affect my score on here. I guess they weren't that big in Dante's time. My numerology tat won't send me to hell, but telling white lies to spare feelings will...

Hey all you other level 6'ers. Wanna come over to my place, have some drinks and glorify in our heresies? Oh what the hell (literally) all levels are welcome to attend my "welcome to Hell" soiree!

I think may be feeling touchy as I was quite offended by all the questions about mental health.  Self harm, Suicide etc are NOT sins contributing to going to hell.  They're symptoms of illness.  And while I get that it was based on Dante, the idea that conflicted young person flicking through will read those questions and think that their illness is a sin, really upset me.

Joining the party on level 6! Next highest were level 3, level 5, and level 8.  This is interesting-I took the quiz a few years ago and got Level 1. I guess I've changed a bit in the last few years. Maybe it's because of FJ!

The Dante's Inferno Test has banished you to the Second Level of Hell!
Here is how you matched up against all the levels:

Level | Score
Purgatory | Low
Level 1 - Limbo | Very Low
Level 2 | Very High
Level 3 | High
Level 4 | Low
Level 5 | High
Level 6 - The City of Dis | Very Low
Level 7 | Moderate
Level 8 - The Malebolge | High
Level 9 - Cocytus | Moderate

So I like food and sex.  Sue me.

Since a lot of us scored high on gluttony, I'm thinking the food and drink on some of these levels is going to be superb. :burger::beer: 

the question I was split on was whether I'd give up food or sex - if I go the other way and pick food I'm level three with the rest of you gluttons and frankly that totally works for me.

Now I want a burger...and a French martini.  And some cookies.

I think may be feeling touchy as I was quite offended by all the questions about mental health.  Self harm, Suicide etc are NOT sins contributing to going to hell.  They're symptoms of illness.  And while I get that it was based on Dante, the idea that conflicted young person flicking through will read those questions and think that their illness is a sin, really upset me.

But it was based on Dante and speaks to the mindset of the time.  I really would hate to think anyone would draw conclusions about themselves based on a silly internet joke quiz.  The concepts of sin and hell don't even exist to some people so it's just more like if Dante was the sorting hat how would he divide us up.

Apparently I'm in purgatory with the 'repending' believers, whatever that means. And thanks, this was a total blast from the past - this test was really popular on teh interwebz when I was a teenager about ten years ago. 

Hey, if there's gonna be lots of FJ gluttons, and plenty of heat----I volunteer to make my pumpkin chocolate butter pound cake, IF y'all can get paroled from the deeper levels and visit me in L2.  Just think (IIRC): 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, 2 ounces fine dark chocolate, a pound of canned pumpkin, a pound of butter, about 8 eggs, REAL vanilla....

BTW, can anyone point me to where the "image preview" button(s) live in the new format? HATE posting without checking for riffles

Hey, if there's gonna be lots of FJ gluttons, and plenty of heat----I volunteer to make my pumpkin chocolate butter pound cake, IF y'all can get paroled from the deeper levels and visit me in L2.  Just think (IIRC): 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, 2 ounces fine dark chocolate, a pound of canned pumpkin, a pound of butter, about 8 eggs, REAL vanilla....

BTW, can anyone point me to where the "image preview" button(s) live in the new format? HATE posting without checking for riffles

the new editor is the preview - so how it looks is how it will post,  no seperate preview.

on to the important topics...I may have fallen in love with you for the description of that cake.  Pretty please post it in the recipe thread?!  If you make this for us in hell I'll do all your baking cleanup.  Deal?

@HNIBuffy: at the library now but expect to get home later tonight, and will dig out the recipe for posting, probably tomorrow (if I can find the magazine).  Any interest in fresh coconut cake, or lemon-poppyseed, or almond-streusel?  The issue of Cuisine had about a dozen pound cake recipes....Where's the recipe thread?:my_biggrin:

@HNIBuffy: at the library now but expect to get home later tonight, and will dig out the recipe for posting, probably tomorrow (if I can find the magazine).  Any interest in fresh coconut cake, or lemon-poppyseed, or almond-streusel?  The issue of Cuisine had about a dozen pound cake recipes....Where's the recipe thread?:my_biggrin:

it's in hobbies!  Yay!  And YES on the coconut cake ( I've tried a million times and mine don't come out right) and lemon poppyseed,  if I use a streusel recipe from outside the family my German grandmother comes back from the dead to go upside my head.  :) 

I'm in Limbo.  Do they dance there?

No, limbo is for babies and nerds....

The cool kids are hanging out down below.

Limbo, with high scores for Gluttony and Heretics. What can I say? I love to cook, and I believe in science!

I totally picked food over sex! Count me in on these welcome to hell soires. Since I'm so violent I guess I'll just fight my way to a hire level. 

So so is the lustful level just a giant orgy? Now we're getting to the important questions. 

I'm coming out of lurkdom just for this, so please bear with me as this is my first post ever. :562479b1e2079_Whyhullothurwave:

Love this quiz and love seeing everyone else's results. Apparently, a lot of us like food just a little too much. (Nothing wrong with that in my mind.) Thanks for the link, @zadie

I'm an ebil liberal apostate so am not really surprised by my scores. I re-took the test pretending to be my old born-again-Christian self and not surprisingly, got Purgatory.

P.S. This is OT, sorry, but I love your Gallifreyan avatar, @daisyd681! (Unless my poor, tired eyes are deceiving me and that's not Gallifreyan?)

hey hey look I dragged someone out of lurkdom! Go me! 

GABBA GABBA WE ACCEPT YOU WE ACCEPT YOU ONE OF US

Some of those questions....what is non-standard sex? Like, is it for a husband and wife to perform oral on each other? Or is only missionary straight sex okay?

Some of those questions....what is non-standard sex? Like, is it for a husband and wife to perform oral on each other? Or is only missionary straight sex okay?

Pretty sure only missionary sex is okay 

:my_angel: I'm in 6- a Heretic

Sixth Level of Hell - The City of Dis

You approach Satan's wretched city where you behold a wide plain surrounded by iron walls. Before you are fields full of distress and torment terrible. Burning tombs are littered about the landscape. Inside these flaming sepulchers suffer the heretics, failing to believe in God and the afterlife, who make themselves audible by doleful sighs. You will join the wicked that lie here, and will be offered no respite. The three infernal Furies stained with blood, with limbs of women and hair of serpents, dwell in this circle of Hell.

Purgatory Repending Believers Very Low
Level 1 - Limbo Virtuous Non-Believers Moderate
Level 2 Lustful Low
Level 3 Gluttonous High
Level 4 Prodigal and Avaricious Very Low
Level 5 Wrathful and Gloomy Low
Level 6 - The City of Dis Heretics High
Level 7 Violent Moderate
Level 8 - The Malebolge Fraudulent, Malicious, Panderers Moderate
Level 9 - Cocytus Treacherous Low

Archived